It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Carrying Rifles in Moncton Canada After Shooting

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kennit
And on my way, I read that the Moncton police scanner just called all units back to the Moncton Coliseum. Sounds like he's been apprehended. ALIVE, I might add, if this is legit. Just to point out to whomever was posting about bad cops earlier that we do things differently up here.

They do things differently down there too. The numbers of cops that are actually "bad" are really infantesimal, on both sides of the border. Some people just wrongly see conspiracy in anything and everything that has to do with authority.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bronco73

I'm shocked they took him alive. I thought for sure he was going to go down guns blazing. Glad it's over and nobody else was killed.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
As I said in the other thread, thumbs-up to the cops for doing the right thing, which may not have been what they really wanted to do to this bastard.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Bring back the death penalty for scum like this, he should be fried in the chair until nothing is left. During the next federal election it should be a question on the ballot; funny how Canadians aren't allowed by our government to have a say in the matter even though the majority support it. This piece of crap and human garbage to the fullest extent, has now given every anti-gun inner city douche with an agenda something to whine about. The sad part is the same idiotic fools that want stricter gun laws haven't the slightest clue just how already strict the laws are in Canada. Your average ignorant anti-gun fool still thinks you can walk into a Canadian Tire and walk out with a shot-gun and ammo 10 minutes later with no special ID. So far from how he's been described on social media and the NEWS, this imbecile wouldn't have passed the psychological profiling that takes place during a PAL/RPAL application and I'm willing to bet he has a criminal record.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
a reply to: Pimpintology
The RCMP are just trying to avoid an LAPD.
When they eventually get the poor guy cornered, they don't want to broadcast "burn em down" over the airwaves.
Like when the LAPD murdered Dorner.
Judge jury and executioner, and folks wonder why the kid flipped out.
Actually he just might have had a moment of extreme clarity.

Well haven't you been proved wrong - do you not realise that you come across as slightly challenged? The murderer in this case was the guy killing the police - what does 'moment of extreme clarity' mean exactly?

Real easy to come across as such an a$$hole on a site where you are anonymous, I hope you aren't quite as bad in real life.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
According to a story in the Toronto Star,

www.thestar.com...

the shooter was someone who had lost several jobs, moved out of the family home to live in a trailor park, either hung around or worked at a survivalist/prepper's store and got a new set of friends who were people of that sort. One friend said he had used heroin but someone at the trailor park said that he used amphetimines.

The last time he saw one of his regular friends he said "Take care, Mike. You have a good life." That is the sort of thing someone heading for suicide or a crack-up of some kind says. Apparently he talked about going out with a bang. It sounds like he had problems adjusting to society as an adult.

The circles he moved in were critical of the police and followed law enforcement and gun rights issues in the States.

If you want reasons to dislike the police, there are plenty of them on YouTube in the way of videos of police brutality/stupidity. To me he sounds a lot like many young and even old people today who take the media a little too seriously and wind up living their emotional lives as virtual lives on the internet instead of engaging in the local society they live in.

When he gave up he is quoted as saying "I'm done.", which suggests to me that he isn't crazy but that he was "venting" during the rampage and had finally blown off all his steam and was coming back to reality. Maybe he had run out of "speed".

The "collar" looks completely routine:

edit on 6-6-2014 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

a reply to: one4all

Ever hear of Albert Johnson? The Mad Trapper of Rat River has been compared to this guy more than once since this tragedy began.

This guy is a sissy compared to The Mad Trapper.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jocko Flocko
Bring back the death penalty for scum like this, he should be fried in the chair until nothing is left. During the next federal election it should be a question on the ballot; funny how Canadians aren't allowed by our government to have a say in the matter even though the majority support it.

Nope. If they didn't bring out capital punishment for Paul Bernardo or that dude in Mayerthorpe that killed more mounties, they're not whipping it out for Bourque.

So far from how he's been described on social media and the NEWS, this imbecile wouldn't have passed the psychological profiling that takes place during a PAL/RPAL application and I'm willing to bet he has a criminal record.

Except that he didn't have a record. Police have already stated that he wasn't known to them.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

a reply to: one4all

Ever hear of Albert Johnson? The Mad Trapper of Rat River has been compared to this guy more than once since this tragedy began.

This guy is a sissy compared to The Mad Trapper.

You're absolutely right. The Mad Trapper was far more dangerous and a hell of a lot more hardcore. Also, an enduring mystery since Albert Johnson was a pseudonym.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jocko Flocko
Bring back the death penalty for scum like this, he should be fried in the chair until nothing is left. During the next federal election it should be a question on the ballot; funny how Canadians aren't allowed by our government to have a say in the matter even though the majority support it.

Also, funny isn't it how a lot of Canadians are saying they're glad he was taken alive because a) now we can try to talk to him to understand what happened, and b) there's been enough death already.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Michelle Thibodeau said she saw members of a tactical unit arrest the Moncton man in the frontyard of her home.

“They started yelling, ’Come out with your hands up!’ and they had their guns loaded,” said Thibodeau, 21.

“About five minutes later, Justin surrendered himself and he said, ’I’m done,’ and then they arrested him and brought him to my frontyard where they had him sprawled on the ground.”

’I’m done,’ says suspect in RCMP shooting in Moncton, N.B., prior to arrest

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bronco73

Canadians have a different relationship with the RCMP/GRC than is typical between the public and police in the US. The RCMP/GRC are far from perfect and most definitely have had some of the same problems with abuse of power by some members. But for the most part, the relationship with the RCMP/GRC is a positive one.

There is no direct comparison with any American force. The RCMP is national - and until relatively recently in historical terms, international - until CSIS was formed to take over the role of national security. CSIS is comparable to the CIA and MI6. The RCMP/GRC is a combination of FBI, State Police and Municipal (in some cases).

The RCMP is a national police force that operates on all levels of policing. The recruitment policies of the RCMP generally have a higher standard than any provincial or civic police force in Canada.

Not everybody like or trust the police, but the RCMP enjoy a good relationship with Canadians for the most part.

edit on 6-6-2014 by Leonidas because: I cant spell

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I would be curious to see the comparison between this and alleged "conspiracy" shootings. So far there has been no confusion or grey area, unlike Sandy Hook and Aurora.

The greatest irony in all of this is the fact that he was a gun rights advocate, against restrictive gun laws, yet he became the very reason those laws are put into place...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
I would be curious to see the comparison between this and alleged "conspiracy" shootings. So far there has been no confusion or grey area, unlike Sandy Hook and Aurora.

The greatest irony in all of this is the fact that he was a gun rights advocate, against restrictive gun laws, yet he became the very reason those laws are put into place...

Oh, give people time, I'm sure there will be conspiracies abound within the next 24 hours, they just need to think them up first.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Unlikely. The story is clear and transparent. Most who knew him weren't incredibly surprised. He showed signs long before the incident.

Aurora and Sandy Hook however, have more plot holes and inconsistencies than one can shake a stick at.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I think this situation wont foster that kind of speculation because:

1. He is alive and will have his day in court.
2. His feelings and attitude have already been expressed in his own words.
3. He walked past a number of civilians before finding RCMP and engaging them. This action is consistent with his stated goal of killing the police and his hatred for them.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

Unlikely. The story is clear and transparent. Most who knew him weren't incredibly surprised. He showed signs long before the incident.

Aurora and Sandy Hook however, have more plot holes and inconsistencies than one can shake a stick at.

I do honestly take your point to an extent, although I think in the cases of both of those you mention, the conspiracies are only there if you choose to want to look for them. But then, hey, what do I know - I believe man did travel to the moon which puts me at odds with a large proportion of people on this site alone.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

When they eventually get the poor guy cornered, they don't want to broadcast "burn em down" over the airwaves.

Well haven't you been proved wrong - do you not realise that you come across as slightly challenged? The murderer in this case was the guy killing the police - what does 'moment of extreme clarity' mean exactly?

Real easy to come across as such an a$$hole on a site where you are anonymous, I hope you aren't quite as bad in real life.

Wait a minute there, you are gonna "told you so" when the police did what they were supposed to do?
Would this young man have been collared if there was no media?
Historical evidence points otherwise.
Sure the cops did their job, I'm not giving them an attaboy though, when I don't burn the burgers my boss does not cheer for me.
Most importantly even including the deaths, is the police problem has been thrust into the limelight and other officers are on notice.
Treat us as we should be, otherwise face danger.
To add, in the real world, I call bullspit where I see it, even to peoples faces.
I am not a politically correct person at all.
If it hurts, that's because it is true.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Never thought they would take him in without guns blazing. I may be a little sore with the RCMP for a speeding ticket yesterday, but i am glad to see they didn't go in gung ho like a angry mob. I'll be very interested in how the court proceedings go with this nut.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Wait a minute there, you are gonna "told you so" when the police did what they were supposed to do?
Would this young man have been collared if there was no media?
Historical evidence points otherwise.
Sure the cops did their job, I'm not giving them an attaboy though, when I don't burn the burgers my boss does not cheer for me.
Most importantly even including the deaths, is the police problem has been thrust into the limelight and other officers are on notice.
Treat us as we should be, otherwise face danger.
To add, in the real world, I call bullspit where I see it, even to peoples faces.
I am not a politically correct person at all.
If it hurts, that's because it is true.

Being "politically incorrect" is not an excuse to express uninformed views. Flinging around baseless speculation is not being brave, it is being an abrasive ass.

Not that this describes you personally. But if the shoe fits, feel free to pull it on.
edit on 6-6-2014 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join