It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baker Forced to make gay wedding cakes, undergo sensitivity training, after losing lawsuit

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christian Voice
a reply to: Annee

I'm still waiting for you to explain your mother's situation so we can all understand how your disabled mother's situation is the same as gays wanting a wedding cake.

I don't bait.

You can only lead a horse to water.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What happens if a Straight couple went in there and asked for a celebration cake for a wedding, he makes it and as they leave they go JK it's really for a Gay couple... it goes against his "Beliefs" so what happens?

he refused simply because it was a Same Sex Celebration, that is Discrimination, that is against the Law in Colorado, thus he gets penalized.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

he refused simply because it was a Same Sex Celebration, that is Discrimination, that is against the Law in Colorado, thus he gets penalized.

Yes! He did.

And this BS that he didn't discriminate because they were gay is exactly that BS.

He refused to make the EXACT same product he made for straight customers.

A consultation product that doesn't represent a wedding, is discrimination.

You can't twist this to not be discrimination against gays. No matter how hard you try and how many times you repeat the same BS.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

This coming from a person who compared her mother's disability to being gay and all to further an agenda. It takes a lot of credibility away from your stand.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Houston Eliminates Gender-Based Restrooms

It’s now legal for men to use women’s bathrooms, showers, and dressing facilities – and vice-versa – thanks to the passing of the Equal Rights Ordinance in Houston, TX last Wednesday night. Mayor Parker, Houston’s first openly gay mayor, called it “most personally meaningful thing I will ever do as mayor.”

Here is my point about equality. I believe in it but there are nuances of real life that allow for anomalies to enacting laws that are too literal and don't take this into consideration, like this law that punished this baker.

Next we will be demanding woman play in the NFL. Fight in wars along side men.

edit on 8-6-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

AHHH, the old homosexual "what if" game that you guys like to play. What if a diabetic came in asking for the sweetest cake he had so he could put himself out of his misery ? What if a gorilla with Monopoly money came in asking for a banana and meal worm cake ? You guys really are struggling in this debate to constantly play the very childish "what if" game. What if a breed of animals in nature displayed pedophile behavior constantly ? You know if animals do it it must be ok. What if it was proven that pedophiles and zoophiles and murderers were born that way. See how ridiculous the "what if" game gets ?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Just shoot me already! What is wrong with these people and how in the hell did they get so much power?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

That idiotic law has absolutely nothing to do with equality!!!! Separate restrooms is about privacy, the freaking morons!!! I guarantee you if my wife and I are out in public and she goes to the restroom and I see a man follow her in there I will be all over him like stink on poop.
edit on 8-6-2014 by Christian Voice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

What about children? What about men inclined to rape

These people ARE MAD!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Christian Voice

My point is that this law is the same kind of reasoning as the law that screwed this baker

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Oh but it's all about equality. Might as well put in places for dogs to use the same restrooms. Does this mean that all restrooms will have urinals in them ? I'm gonna play the homosexual "what if" game,,, what if a fully straight man walks into one of these restrooms ? He sees other women on the toilet. Equality and all.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You see my friends this is the kind of mentality that laws like this and the baker is facing will lead to.

This mayor of Houston is gay. He doesn’t mind going in a bathroom filled with woman as a man.

Or doesn’t understand that woman would be HIGHLY intimidated going inside a bathroom where strange men are lurking around!

Now how do I connect these two subjects TO MAKE A LARGER POINT.

THE REALITY IS THAT THERE ARE NUANCES IN LIFE TO LOOK AT BEFORE WE BECOME TOO LITERAL

One nuance IS THAT RELIGIOUS PEOPLE AREN'T USE TO CERTAIN postmodern paradigms that secular people take for granted.

I rest my case!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Christian Voice

I'm going to look a little further into that and find out exactly what my rights are now because I happen to be in Houston at the moment. If all that's needed is 75,000 signatures to overturn it, then I'm going to start walking into women's restrooms with my petitions.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Outstanding.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Okay back on topic. Just out of curiosity, can the owners of this site refuse to sell ads to particular special interest groups?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

That brings up a great point. If my Church wanted to rent advertising space on a LGBT site according to the homosexual mindset of equality they should not be refused.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
On the other hand we should extend all rights to our gay citizens we give to non gay people within the limits of reason and within the narrow situation where truly sincere religious precepts are involved. For example:

Some orthodox Jews and Muslims and even Christians would have a tough time dealing equally with the fairer sex, woman.

Some of these very austere interpretations wouldn’t even have men touching woman.

What do we do?

Get another person to bake the cake, deal with the female, cook the pork dish, etc...

These are sincere reasonable, though austere religious precepts, and unless the religious people want to do things like starve children, exercise the demon by whipping someone to death, stone adulterers, kill disbelievers, nutty stuff from pre-modern religion, then we should try to accommodate reasonable beliefs.

Not baking a cake for someone, based on a precept in their religion that shuns certain lifestyles, to me is reasonable

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Such a childish point of view. "Mommy why does he get something I can't have"?

edit on 8-6-2014 by Christian Voice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i wonder how long it will be before department stores have to take down their signs that distinguish the men's section from the women's section and the boys from the girls.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Just goes to show you. If you hate a group of people, for whatever reason, just keep it to yourself. And if you have to provide them some kind of service, take their money but just do a crappy job. These things will work themselves out.

The thing is religion is against homosexuality but it doesn't tell the follower to discriminate against them either. It may say avoid them etc but when it comes down to it, live and let live crosses my mind, just don't commit the things they are committing. Give them their God damned cake and hope they never return lol

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join