It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baker Forced to make gay wedding cakes, undergo sensitivity training, after losing lawsuit

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

The thing is this... Acceptance of Homosexuality and other issues were always going to happen regardless of what me or you say. Why? Because apparently it is ordained by God. These things must come to pass. When it comes down to it, homosexuality doesn't affect me.. But don't use religion and homosexuality together because they are contrary to each other. This is the only point I'm trying to make.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

perhaps you are right...

And perhaps I'm just believing in a whole lot of love and forgiveness lately.
edit on 8-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
But don't use religion and homosexuality together because they are contrary to each other.

And once those who suffered seizures were shunned and cast out as being possessed by the devil. Until ignorance was replaced by factual knowledge.

As now, we have knowledge that sexual orientation is inherent to the individual.

It is no more a sin then seizures are a sin.

Many Christians understand what was not understood in ancient times, can and should not be held to taboos -- after knowledge brings ignorance into modern times.

Real Christians understand "walking in his footsteps" does not mean holding onto ignorance.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Until ignorance was replaced by factual knowledge.

Like how we are considered nutcases for fasting right?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Until ignorance was replaced by factual knowledge.

Like how we are considered nutcases for fasting right?

I have no idea what that means.

Logic: giving your body a rest from constant fueling makes sense.

Logic: starving yourself does not makes sense.

Logic: being ignorant of something is acceptable. Continuing to hang on to that ignorance in the face of knowledge does not make sense.

Today there is knowledge that sexual orientation is inherent, not a choice. Continuing to hang on to ancient taboos in the face of knowledge does not make sense.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Are you saying that the Bible is wrong?

Absolutely, I would say that resoundingly over a loud speaker naked in front of the UN.
edit on 8-6-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
So with this new law are Catholic hospitals and the pharmacist with religious views no longer allowed to refuse emergency contraception to rape victims because it kills a "baby"?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4
a reply to: Christian Voice

It's not me that's perverting it, it was perverted a long long time ago.

But the passage you quoted you implied that the verse was saying that "takes hold of and sleeps with her" and "defile's" her, which in your sanitised version means just sleeps with her while not married.
Not defile in it's literal sense which from the dictionary defile means "rape or sexually assault (a woman)." Which is what defile meant in babylonian times, so more than likely means the same thing seeing as the region is so close.

A lot of assumptions in your interpretation I'm afraid.

Jesus also said

"Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man."
Matthew 15:11

So unless he was talking about being sexually assaulted with dirty bread, I'd say Christian Voice is correct on that one.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Fasting for three days can regenerate entire immune system, study finds

So much for your almighty logic. I wonder what other logic defying truths can be found in the Bible... hmmm.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Fasting for three days can regenerate entire immune system, study finds

So much for your almighty logic. I wonder what other logic defying truths can be found in the Bible... hmmm.

Dude, you're reaching.

Who starves in 3 days.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Dude, you're reaching.

I'm not the one comparing people afflicted with polio and seizures to homosexuals in order to avoid addressing valid points.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Dude, you're reaching.

I'm not the one comparing people afflicted with polio and seizures to homosexuals in order to avoid addressing valid points.

That's too bad.

They've all been discriminated against because of belief.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

That's too bad.

They've all been discriminated against because of belief.

But only one of them is expressly forbidden by the Bible. You can't hold a devout Christian responsible for the ignorance of others.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

But only one of them is expressly forbidden by the Bible.

The funny thing is that that isn't true. Homosexuality is not forbidden by the Bible.

It's the Christian interpretation that is wrong.

Anyway, I am kinda tired of trying to explain how the baker didn't discriminate anyone since some people will just not listen or understand. So I'll probably just bow out of this discussion. I'll lurk though lol in case someone brings up a good debate.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Whoa now! You can't just make a claim like that and bow out of the conversation without backing it up. I mean you CAN of course, if that's what you want to do, but I'd really like to hear why you think the Christian interpretation is wrong.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

It has been covered in other threads.

I googled and here's an article to start you off with. There are plenty of sites that explain it.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 6/8/2014 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Why am I not surprised that its an article from the Huffington Post? lol

Anyhow, I'll give it a read and try my best to approach it with as little bias as I possibly can.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

LOL well it's a good article. No bias needed. You'll see it for yourself and you'll be amazed.

Also here's a wiki entry for general explanation. I am trying to find a good site. I had one bookmarked but lost it lol.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

The word defile came from Christians Voice translation of the original word which was Anah in Hebrew and I'll give you all the translations for the word. It's weird Christian Voice used defile because that is not in the descriptions I've found.

The data is taken from the biblestudies.com which covers all denominations. So my point still stands as most of the interpretations of Anah are of some form of subjugation.

Definition
(Qal) to be occupied, be busied with
to afflict, oppress, humble, be afflicted, be bowed down
(Qal)
to be put down, become low
to be depressed, be downcast
to be afflicted
to stoop
(Niphal)
to humble oneself, bow down
to be afflicted, be humbled
(Piel)