It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baker Forced to make gay wedding cakes, undergo sensitivity training, after losing lawsuit

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

And all clothing will have to be unisex as not to offend the gays and transgenders. If this is the way it's gonna be I want the rainbow back. The courts need to force the LGBT to surrender the rainbow and it should be a symbol for heterosexuality, pedophilia, zoophilia, and Trekkis. Equality and all.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Christian Voice

What if people were not ignorant? What if people could understand they don't have to be hateful to people because they don't fit the "Mold" that others believe they have the right and power to control?

what if the world was a better place?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

What if people did not choose to live outside the norms of decent society but expect the perks of normal decent society ? What if people did not insist on condoning their sins and excusing them away ? What if people took responsibility for their own actions ? What if parents insisted on being parents and disciplining their children instead of excusing and enabling them to do wrong ? What if the world was a better place ?

I Love the "what if" game......

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

What if your Chosen Religion wasn't the true one? what if people decided that it was not their power to say what is the "Norms" of a decent society?

Sorry not sorry, being Gay doesn't make me not decent, there are many Straight Religious Folk who are the opposite of Decent

How many times have you sinned? how many times has anyone sinned that they excuse by praying, or going to confession, or saying a rosary..

what if people took responsibility for their own actions and didn't hide behind a chosen religion to control their lives?

you're right, this what if game is Fun, but let's not derail this topic any longer.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

What if people did not lash out at God simply because he says "Thou Shall Not" ?

I have sinned many times and I admit that and ask God for forgiveness daily. Thing is that homosexuals have convinced themselves that they are not sinning and that there is no God, all to eliminate themselves from responsibility.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

There are many Gay people who believe in God, Gay does not mean "Atheist, Liberal, Progressive" Etc

Homosexuality is not a Sin, see, Gay Sex isn't really true because some Straight people engage in the same kind. so it's not exclusively "Gay Sex" it's the acts that Straight people and Gay people engage in... maybe even Religious people

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

What if people were not ignorant? What if people could understand they don't have to be hateful to people because they don't fit the "Mold" that others believe they have the right and power to control?

what if the world was a better place?

What if gay people didn't cherrypick the Bible to convince themselves that Christians hate them? What if a baker could tell a gay person "I love you, but I can't make a cake for a gay wedding", and actually be taken for his word and understood, instead of being called a lying bigot?

When are homosexuals going to stop targeting Christians as the only perpetrators of their "oppression"?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

There are many Gay people who believe in God, Gay does not mean "Atheist, Liberal, Progressive" Etc

Homosexuality is not a Sin, see, Gay Sex isn't really true because some Straight people engage in the same kind. so it's not exclusively "Gay Sex" it's the acts that Straight people and Gay people engage in... maybe even Religious people

Homosexuality is banned or condemned in all 3 monotheistic religions... For one to be homosexual they pretty much cannot be a Christian, Muslim or Jew and it doesn't matter what they think they are religiously speaking. The Noachide laws put Beastiality and homosexuality in the same category and they are some of the oldest religious laws in existence.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Gay people most certainly can be Christians. There is a difference between homosexual desire and homosexual sex. But a gay person who chooses to marry another gay person is no longer battling those desires and has opted to give God the finger instead.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

IN defense of gays who also believe in God, everyone does to a certain extent, we all try to follow our beliefs, but sometimes we are faced with one thing on one hand, and religion on another... and sometimes we make the choice for the other and hope God forgives us in the end.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

That was probably the most honest and down to earth post I've read in this entire thread.

edit on b20146America/Chicago75 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

IN defense of gays who also believe in God, everyone does to a certain extent, we all try to follow our beliefs, but sometimes we are faced with one thing on one hand, and religion on another... and sometimes we make the choice for the other and hope God forgives us in the end.

Religions may not endorse or approve of gays (etc) but there is a difference between religion and faith.

Faith is personal.

Religion is institutional.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Gay people most certainly can be Christians. There is a difference between homosexual desire and homosexual sex. But a gay person who chooses to marry another gay person is no longer battling those desires and has opted to give God the finger instead.

How so? Where does the Bible teach Christians that homosexuality is OK? Homosexuality is mentioned in the New Testament with numerous other examples which Christians should not engage in. Are you saying that the Bible is wrong?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Are you saying gay people can't repent?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Are you saying gay people can't repent?

I'd say that if someone engaged in a homosexual relationship only to realise that what they done was wrong according to their religion and stopped doing it, they can.. But if someone who calls themselves a Christian engages in a homosexual relationship and continues to engage in homosexual relationships, they are not Christian. They don't care about the teachings.. They care about their lust which is a sin.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

We're pretty much making the same point, except I don't think someone has to be in a relationship in order to define their sexual preference.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

What if Religious people didn't cherrypick parts of religion?

i mean, i am ignorant about Religion, i admit that so i don't want to speak ignorantly, but how many people pick parts of Religion they want to Hold and parts they don't. i mean, follow it fully or admit you don't, but if you don't it kind of washes away the holding of the parts of religion you use to your advantage.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

People say the same thing about my husband and I also. Yet, I cannot ever feel it is wrong of me to have married him - actually quite the opposite I somehow feel in my heart this is ordained by God.

Therefore, I must wonder sometimes if that is how homosexuals feel... I'll never know I suppose, but.. it does make me wonder. I do figure it's between them and God though, its not really my business to say anything other than how I feel this effects our society and so forth. But as far as how God feels about it... I do wonder lately.

I've gone mad I'm sure...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

We're pretty much making the same point, except I don't think someone has to be in a relationship in order to define their sexual preference.

Pretty much.. The relationship thing isn't a factor in my opinion. If you are homosexual and continue to have homosexual intercourse, then don't call yourself a Christian.. If you murder and continue to murder your not a Christian, if you don't agree with the teachings of the Bible, don't call yourself a Christian. My view isn't limited to homosexuals, there are many different scenarios which could be used which the Bible and the other religions teach against.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

What if Religious people didn't cherrypick parts of religion?

i mean, i am ignorant about Religion, i admit that so i don't want to speak ignorantly, but how many people pick parts of Religion they want to Hold and parts they don't. i mean, follow it fully or admit you don't, but if you don't it kind of washes away the holding of the parts of religion you use to your advantage.

What advantage is the baker utilizing in turning away a customer that's willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a cake?

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join