It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baker Forced to make gay wedding cakes, undergo sensitivity training, after losing lawsuit

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Christian Voice

You are correct so he should have baked them their cake and politely said that I believe you are living in sin and will pray for you. Show compassion instead of ignorance. Also the reason Jesus died was out of pure compassion for sinners, it's the reason he sacrificed himself, so that our souls can be redeemed.
His actions were very unchristian, he showed a lack of compassion.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

I do not think so. By baking the cake for a gay wedding ceremony would show his approval for such things. The baker has the right to refuse service to anyone and the government and these biased idiotic judges are not concerned with freedom or liberty they are concerned with pushing an agenda.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

By declaring that he thought they were living in sin and still baked the cake would be enough to show his disapproval but by baking the cake he is also showing compassion.

I'm sorry but a bigot is a bigot and that's all he is.

And seriously in this day and age you still advocate for right to refuse service for whatever bigoted reasons people have, oh my word what has the world come to.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: llpoolej
Remember, people can always choose to NOT support a business due to the businesses views. The gay community has ever right and every reason to have boycotted this baker. Instead, they just destroyed him, which, to me is sad.

Just like allowing a drunk to drive, and making it your responsibility to stay out of his way.

Oh Boo Hoo, I'm all broken up this discriminating baker is sad.

That's about the dumbest analogy I've ever read on ATS.

I guess if that baker slings his homophobia at you hard enough it really might total your car and kill all the occupants huh?

You're obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed though if you continue to patronize businesses that treated your disabled mother like crap.

Putting something in extremism creates clarity.

But, you can only lead a horse to water.

edit on 7-6-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I don't think we should respect religious views when they promote hate. I realize this is a slippery slope and is setting a dangerous precedent but people and business's don't have the right to refuse service based on sexual orientation anymore than they do because of race. The gay couple should have gone to another bakery, but that being said the court should order their business license be stripped unless they comply with equal rights laws.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

How can a question be ignorant, it's a question. Perhaps you meant it was a loaded question? Yes it is.

And judging by your response you haven't got a coherent reply based on the teachings of christ. Which by the way instructs us to show mercy to all sinners and pray for their souls as a good Christian would.

Yes, show mercy and pray for their souls, but do not share in their sins less your soul be the one that needs praying for.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I'm sorry but a bigot is a bigot and that's all he is.

I really wish the ignorant would stop using that word as if you really know what it means.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Exactly and do not condone their sin but show mercy towards them through compassion and understanding and that the plight of the sinner is toward redemption and be thankful to the lord for that mercy.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I'll use the webster online dictionary for the definition of a bigot.

a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial, sexual orientation or religious group)

So I am not ignorant I fully understand the meaning and it fits perfectly with this case.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I'll use the webster online dictionary for the definition of a bigot.

a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial, sexual orientation or religious group)

So I am not ignorant I fully understand the meaning and it fits perfectly with this case.

You are ignorant because you think it fits perfectly with this case. Again (for the umpteen millionth time in this thread), the baker does not hate or refuse to serve gay people. Although I'm sure he has all the reason in the world to hate gay people now, that is not, nor has it ever been the reason for refusing to bake the cake.

edit on b20146America/Chicago75 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

If we are both to be honest none of us know whether he is a bigot or not, only he in his mind will know and god.
I still prayed for his soul anyway as there is no doubt he lacked compassion and understanding when dealing with these men I'm sure we can both agree?
edit on 7-6-2014 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

If we are both to be honest none of us know whether he is a bigot or not, only he in his mind will know and god.
I still prayed for his soul anyway as there is no doubt he lacked compassion and understanding when dealing with these men I'm sure we can both agree?

No we do not agree, and I find it quite offensive that you repeatedly referred to the man as a bigot, only to turn around and "honestly" say you don't know.

Then you follow that up with accusations about his compassion and understanding as if you're in any position to judge those as well.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

No that is my belief but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. And he did show lack of compassion because the people took the man to court so the couple were hurt on an emotional level, that in itself is a lack of compassion.

By declaring that he thought they were living in sin and still baked the cake would be enough to show his disapproval but by baking the cake he is also showing compassion.

He is not aiding in any sin, he is basically making bread so no sin has been broken.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
They took him to court to make a mockery of him and to gain national attention for their agenda. It most certainly did not show a lack of compassion by refusing to make a cake. I would say that the "hurt" people showed a lack of a backbone and evil intentions from the start.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

How dare you judge them. Hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

How dare you judge him. Hypocrite.

See how that works ?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Unfortunately reading the posts shows we are not trying to reach understanding.

Darkness is overtaking light.

The rubber band is getting tighter; the yin is yanging to beat the ban.

Here's what the supporters of this decision, imo, need to look at.

Religious folks also don’t support partying and getting drunk, something that to most is innocuous.

Now if this baker got 2 young men in his bakery who he knows get drunk and party all night, something that his religions teaches against, if these men came and asked for a cake with a wine bottle in it, the baker would very likely refuse this.

Does that mean he hates them, or is a Bigot?

He doesn’t want to contribute to debauchery.

The same as a Muslim or Jew wouldn’t want to make a cake with pork in it.

A Christian wants a wedding cake with lard in it and the Muslim or Jewish baker refuses

Does that make them bigots?

link   

I hurt my 9 year old daughter's feelings by refusing to buy her a phone. Should I be "compassionate" and buy her one anyways?

link   

originally posted by: Christian Voice
They took him to court to make a mockery of him and to gain national attention for their agenda. It most certainly did not show a lack of compassion by refusing to make a cake. I would say that the "hurt" people showed a lack of a backbone and evil intentions from the start.

There is a law.

They took him to court because he broke the law. They won because he broke the law.

You don't like the law? Change the law.

There are court cases going on right now for this exact thing.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

No. But I bet you still did it with compassion and with her feelings in mind?

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join