It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what did you do this weekend?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Just listened to Lana Del Rey's new music
Meditated on life
edit on 2-6-2014 by ThirdEyeChakra because: Spelling error

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
After making a few posts here on Friday afternoon ... my computer promptly went into a blue screen of death failure, took off, and nuked itself from orbit. When I got it started up again, I noticed after getting my BIOS menu started that it couldn't find my hard drive, so I spent all weekend installing a new hard drive, installing relevant software, searching frantically through my ancient slave hard drive which holds important things ... like video game save data.

Breathing a huge sigh of relief when I found my Four HorseSheps of the Apocalypse Mass Effect saves. After all, I have four Sheps I'm attached to and no interest in starting over with new faces before I've finished them out.

Getting annoyed because I had install all three games anyway in order to get all my save data fixed and communicated. Then having to play through Overlord and Arrival on at least one of my saves which got corrupted.

AND having to start my Four HorseShep play throughs all over ... AGAIN.

/rant

And there is still stuff I have to re-install.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Especially during this part of the year I like to spend my free time tromping through the forests and documenting what is using the local natural areas. The information helps to keep legal protections on wildlife sanctuaries. Here are a few things I came across this weekend.

By the way, on Friday this young moose followed me around the forest for hours like a lost puppy dog. Every time I stopped to take pictures of something it would hang out 50 feet away, inconspicuously munching on branches.

Black-capped chickadee eggs in a tree cavity.

Robin chicks just hatching.

Lots of yellow warbler nests in various stages of construction.

The first yellow warbler egg.

Yellow warblers line their nests with a padding, often made of spider silk.

Common goldeneye duck on eggs in a tree cavity.

Another goldeneye

Lots of cavities with goldeneye eggs.

Pileated woodpecker chicks just hatched in a tree cavity.

Northern flicker eggs in a tree cavity. Flickers use wood shavings as a nesting bed.

On Saturday evening I also got around to making an experimental device for a way of non-invasively finding wildlife at night. I hooked up an IR illuminated day night security camera to an old, mini 12 volt monitor. It works by seeing eye shine. I haven't had a chance to give it a good workout yet but it did well on the rabbits and cats.

Anyway, the weather was great and it was really nice to be hanging out in the fresh spring forests.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

originally posted by: OpenEars123
I spent most of the weekend pretending to be a wasp, by randomly running into windows, avoiding being swatted by newspapers, and attacking people's ice creams.

Sounds more like a ditzy puppy.

Swatting a puppy with a newspaper?? That's just sick

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally pod by: HardCorps

originally posted by: douglas5
I walked the dog a lot because the weather was super 30 miles i did Sat & Sun

had some beers and do not remember walking home with the mutt on sunday

And next weekend i will be hunting women i will make my mind up in the next few day's whether to use a 12 bore or a rifle

You do know that 'Hunting' women is all great sport...
right up until one of them catches you---

I still have the scar's from my previous encounters

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Don't say another word. the wife and I recorded it so we can watch it tonight.

You gotta let me know what you thought of this episode.

You can check out the GOT thread here to. www.abovetopsecret.com...

(Just don't go to the last pages of the thread until you've finished watching it)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hmm, I ate more than usual, drank more than usual, talked more than usual, laughed more than usual, slept less than usual, worked less than usual.....

I had a really great weekend!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Filmed the ride through Virginia roadways with a gopro camera on the back of a DR650 to send to my not so little brother so he can eat his heart out. He resides in Southern Kalifornia where trees are as rare as hens teeth, and traffic is the only thing for miles. The weather was perfect and now it's just a matter of cutting and splicing down the file size to post on my site, or youtube.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join