It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what did you do this weekend?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Well I took the family to the lake.

the girls got in a little fishing but all they caught was mom and dad

Still it was nice to get out and enjoy the sunburns and skeeter bites.

Oh and it turns out those plastic coolers you buy at Wal-Mart... Don't float when you load them up plumb full with two days worth of vittles
Who knew?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I'm jealous.

My weekend was spent fighting with girlfriend and avoiding home as much as possible.

What was the temperature out where you are located?

I'm in Texas and it's already hot here.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I did laundry.
It is the matter of being a single father.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

We're pretty warm here in Colorado. mid 80's in town high 70's at the lake. only gonna get warmer as the week goes by.

that's kind of why Colorado has all these flood warning... it's so warm, the snowmelt is fast, Fast, FAST!

Over on the other (East) side of the mountains in towns like Greeley they had Volunteer evacuations orders...
Some thirteen year old girl was swept away by the swift moving Bolder Creak. She died BTW
Swift water warnings have gone up all over the eastern half of the state.

Were good over here though--- so it's nice to get out and enjoy the weather---

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Well, I worked on Saturday, but on Sunday, I was invited to a picnic in a local park. Several of my friends were there, and some enterprising individual had bought two soccer balls, and an American Football. We ended up playing a very strange game, involving throwing and catching the AF ball, as well as passing soccer balls back and forth. It was quite energetic as activities go, the sun was bloody hot, and it was very tiring, but jolly good fun all the same. We played that game from about half past one, until round about five o'clock in the afternoon, which was why, when I awoke this morning, all my joints were aching, as well as quite a few of my ligaments, none of which have seen such activity for about five years or so!

The nameless game we played on Sunday, is clearly more high impact as an exercise than walking four miles! I like it!

I also got to show off my "Using a magnifying glass instead of a cigarette lighter" routine, which for some reason drew gasps of astonishment from people. I swear some people think that basic physics is akin to sorcery!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I did laundry.
It is the matter of being a single father.

Well I'm not a single dad
and ya know I'm not the least little bit phased when it comes to washing drying and folding three sets of ladies under things at the laundry mat.

Sometimes I get lucky and even get to wash a few things that belong to me!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Tried to make the time go by as fast as possible so I could watch the long awaited new episode of Game of Thrones.

Last nights episode was absolutely worth it.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Took a drive up to New Hampshire and Maine with the fiance.

Good times this weekend.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I also got to show off my "Using a magnifying glass instead of a cigarette lighter" routine, which for some reason drew gasps of astonishment from people. I swear some people think that basic physics is akin to sorcery!

give it time to sink in.
Once they realize what you've done I'm sure they'll hole an inquisition and have you burned at the stake as a demon spawn.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: buni11687
Work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Tried to make the time go by as fast as possible so I could watch the long awaited new episode of Game of Thrones.

Last nights episode was absolutely worth it.

Don't say another word.
the wife and I recorded it so we can watch it tonight.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Well, I worked on Saturday, but on Sunday, I was invited to a picnic in a local park. Several of my friends were there, and some enterprising individual had bought two soccer balls, and an American Football. We ended up playing a very strange game, involving throwing and catching the AF ball, as well as passing soccer balls back and forth. It was quite energetic as activities go, the sun was bloody hot, and it was very tiring, but jolly good fun all the same. We played that game from about half past one, until round about five o'clock in the afternoon, which was why, when I awoke this morning, all my joints were aching, as well as quite a few of my ligaments, none of which have seen such activity for about five years or so!

The nameless game we played on Sunday, is clearly more high impact as an exercise than walking four miles! I like it!

Blumming heck mate... my hat goes off to you...

Saturday.. woke up, scratched nuts, peed, ate breakfast, went for a poo, had a shower, cut the lawn, had an argument with Mrs R, ate lunch, had another poo (yes... I am fairly regular thank you very much?), continued cutting lawn, had yet another argument with Mrs R, ate tea, Did homework with Rod Jr, had an argument with Rod Jr about the French revolution, went to bed...

Sunday... Same thing... but Mrs R and I made up around 21:30.. ETA... *cough cough*... until around 2 am... *cough cough*

Me like weekends...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 2/6/14 by Rodinus because: Added a lie

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

New Hampshire and Maine?
I think I've seen those places on a map once--- No make that twice!

I have a little sis who lives in Essex with her family. We often compare notes and argue on who lives in the prettier place

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Oh, Rod you crack me up! The "scratched nuts" is a given.
Why is it that guys...oh, never mind!

I started to reply that we didn't do much this weekend, and then I remembered:

Received a shipment of gold coins and found the perfect hiding place for it -- arrrrr, mateys!
Figure skated early Saturday morning and did a 5-revolution back camel (new spin for me)
Set up a friend's website for volunteers to drive her husband to chemo treatments
Watched my keeper fiance get his butt kicked in and Ardbeg Day soccer match on Treasure Island, followed by Scotch Whiskey tastings and bagpipe playing until no one could remember who won
Did a bayside wine tasting and discovered a luscious Russian River moscato
Went to a friend's b-day party at a real speakeasy downtown and sipped "Bona Fide Lovers" while meeting some fun people (we discussed the arts = the Muppets' Beaker Ode to Joy video)
Slow grilled a dry-rubbed pork tenderloin, half of which will grace the Brunswick Stew I'm making today
Planted some lavender that smells like creamy soap
Restored a circa 1940's wrought iron mirror from Germany
Did some other things I can't write about here (blush)

No wonder I'm tired and a bit hungover! OP, very nice photos, and the lake looks wonderful.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I walked the dog a lot because the weather was super 30 miles i did Sat & Sun

had some beers and do not remember walking home with the mutt on sunday

And next weekend i will be hunting women i will make my mind up in the next few day's whether to use a 12 bore or a rifle

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

Please notice that I added something extra that I had totally forgotten... *cough cough.. lie lie*

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps. Actually... it was 3 pm

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

As lakes go it hardly qualifies
But there is something magical about spending the weekend on one of our high alpine Mountain lakes.
Esp when the water gets warm enough to talk the old lady into a skimpy bikini!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
I walked the dog a lot because the weather was super 30 miles i did Sat & Sun

had some beers and do not remember walking home with the mutt on sunday

And next weekend i will be hunting women i will make my mind up in the next few day's whether to use a 12 bore or a rifle

You do know that 'Hunting' women is all great sport...
right up until one of them catches you---

edit on 2-6-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Hell no...

I am paraphrasing one of my friends here, but it was suggested that I am the Gandalf of the group!

The others appear to have taken the role of various Hobbits!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I've never been that far up north. We stood in Portsmouth, Maine was about 15 minutes away.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Saturday,a decent bike ride up in the forest.
On Sunday I rescued this little peach:

Its a baby blue tit,1st day out of the nest-I could see its parent on the tree,encoraging the baby to fly,so I went and got my black widow and a bag of maltesers(round chocolate diped malt balls,size of an old mouse ball),and took up position in the garden on a seat.

I waited and read my book until sure enough mother blue tit starts giving the "danger danger!!!" tweets-I load the slingshot with a malteser,and scan the garden:

Sneaking towards the baby bird is who I call "the bruiser"-a local cat with half an ear torn off and a scar down his face.
He hasn't seen me...I draw back the slingshot,half of a full draw,aim(in front of the cat) and release.

Direct hit on a rock just in front of the cat-the malteser breaks into bits in the air in the time it takes the cat to hit warp speed out of my garden.
Although I am a decent shot,I use Maltesers as they are good non lethal ammo-it will give the cat a shock if I accidently hit it-but won't harm it.
I like cats but they decimate the native birds,and since my dogs have gone to the next world they think my garden is cat hunting territory.
So I try to help the birds sometimes.Even up the scales.

This time it worked a treat-The cat scooted,and the bird eventually got the idea and began to fly before the evening.

Not exactlly action movie material I know,but I was happy and I expect the bird was too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join