It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Laughs at US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
It aint a dream sep, Its whats gonna happen.
Nothing you or I can do about it.
Might as well just try and figure out a way to live with it.

sep is right
all you are saying is basicaly a very diluted dream
the US hasnt got the strenght to take on the world. ( hell knows where you get that from )

as the saying goes
Never underestimate you opponent's

Sep

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
OMFG! Please, tell me you aren't serious about that? I didn't see a smiley after it, so I'm assuming it's a typo...

Iran is pretty much synonymous with terrorism....
I don't care if you just LOVE Iran, you'd still be hard pressed to tell me that you don't think that Iran getting nukes will go hand in hand with terrorists being armed with nukes...

THAT is the crux of the issue. There is no hypocracy here...

As I mentioned before, Iran will not give nuclear weapons to terrorists for the same reason that they have not given the chemical and biological weapons. Now about Iran being not peacful, as I have mentioned previously Iran has started 15 or less wars in it 9000 year history. The current government which I do not approve of had not attacked any country. Any way, can you tell me why you think Iran is not as peacful as Pakistan or North Korea or Israel for that matter? thank you in advance.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Bodrul its based on a couple things, the fact that oil is/may be running out, the fact that America is becomming more militaristic and empiric, (is empiric a word?:lol

The fact that the millitary gap between us and everyone else is getting so big that pretty soon we will be able to destroy half the world and take over the other half. The fact that over 90% of americans are chrisitans. Take your pick.

Sep

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The fact that over 90% of americans are chrisitans.

You mean just over 75%?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

How is Iran, the most peaceful nation in the middle east, a thread to the world

OMFG! Please, tell me you aren't serious about that? I didn't see a smiley after it, so I'm assuming it's a typo...

Iran is pretty much synonymous with terrorism....
I don't care if you just LOVE Iran, you'd still be hard pressed to tell me that you don't think that Iran getting nukes will go hand in hand with terrorists being armed with nukes...

THAT is the crux of the issue. There is no hypocracy here...

When and how does Iran support a terrorist group ? Don't give me the israel-propaganda Hizbollah line. The Hizbollah is the democratic elected leader of the libanese people, who have suffered endlessly under israeli occupation and bombs.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Bodrul its based on a couple things, the fact that oil is/may be running out, the fact that America is becomming more militaristic and empiric, (is empiric a word?:lol

The fact that the millitary gap between us and everyone else is getting so big that pretty soon we will be able to destroy half the world and take over the other half. The fact that over 90% of americans are chrisitans. Take your pick.

look in history and look at what happens to countries that think they have the power to rule the world,
they crummble.

roman empire ( best weapons in their time but they thought they could take everyone on )

british empire ( they had control over half the planet )

i could go on

you can say look i have a bigger gun then you and boss a few around
but you wont be able to say it when a few become more and group together,

Sep

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The fact that the millitary gap between us and everyone else is getting so big that pretty soon we will be able to destroy half the world and take over the other half.

The fact is that the Russians have 10000 Nuclear weapons. Both side can flaten earth ten times over. But both sides is keeping eachother checked so no matter matter how strong your military is, it can be wiped out by Russia in an instant.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You can for a little while bodrul, the roman empire exapanded for over 1000 years. nd they had no where near the logistical, transportational, or destructive capabillities we do.
None of the empires you mentioned had the abillity to move men and material around the world within days. None had the abillity to launch attacks from orbit.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This thread amazed me, the ones that call themselves Christians, and are so outrage about abortion and scream murder at it are so full of hatred and spite that they encourage war and the murder of an entire nation just because they are not the same.

The way these same people hide behind Christianity to encourage hate and intolerance make Christianity to look the same or worst than the Islamic fundamentalist.

If is a hell out there I bet, you all will be the first at its doors on judgement day.Way to go! the hypocrisy make gag.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You can for a little while bodrul, the roman empire exapanded for over 1000 years. nd they had no where near the logistical, transportational, or destructive capabillities we do.
None of the empires you mentioned had the abillity to move men and material around the world within days. None had the abillity to launch attacks from orbit.

still you dont get it.
what makes you think the rest of the world will stand by idoly and let the USA do as it please's

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

When and how does Iran support a terrorist group ? Don't give me the israel-propaganda Hizbollah line. The Hizbollah is the democratic elected leader of the libanese people, who have suffered endlessly under israeli occupation and bombs.

You just answered your own question....

Would you call the DELIBERATE targetting of civilians to the EXCLUSION of armed combatants terrorism? I certainly would.

Do you deny that Hizbollah has committed such acts?

Do you further deny that Iran supports Hizbollah?

Sorry, but I don't care how desparate you believe your situation to be, there is NO justification for terrorism.

If Iran was capable of manufacturing nuclear weapons, you can bet that Hizbollah and a host of other groups would soon also have access to purchase these weapons....and that is what all the fuss is about. As for them not having biologics...that's a joke. Of course they do...they just haven't been stupid enough to use them yet...(as the renumeration for that would be incalculable...)

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
by the time they figure it out completly they wont have a choice. How long before we have orbital weapon platforms?
How long before hypersoar is perfected?
How long before particle rays, antimatter bombs etc?
How many have the abillity to stop us alone?
How many will be wlling to unite?
If we were to hijack 70%+ of the worlds oil how many industrialised countries would give in without a fight?
How many would join us for a piece of the pie?
Lets say we offer china asia and offer russia europe, would they say no?
Trade the ROC for iran to the PRC?
Let russa retake thier old countries as long as they play ball?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If Iran was capable of manufacturing nuclear weapons, you can bet that Hizbollah and a host of other groups would soon also have access to purchase these weapons....and that is what all the fuss is about. As for them not having biologics...that's a joke. Of course they do...they just haven't been stupid enough to use them yet...(as the renumeration for that would be incalculable...)

if that was true why have hazbollah not been armed with some of Irans bio weapons since they are ready to arm them with nukes,
my bad forgot iran have a limit to how much support they give.

dont say things that you know
that have no ground

[edit on 30-11-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Iran is a peaceful nation who for the last 50 years was raped by it's own countries leaders, not the US. When Khomeni came home from exile to power they kidnapped Americans. How goddamn peaceful is that.

Now, just to be fair, we as countries

1. Both support terror and/or various guerilla orgs around the globe and througout history
2. Radical relgious beliefs exist in both countries with century old wounds and wars

The US and and the Soviet union knew that if they ever used a weapon, that it was the end of all times, but that is not hte case in the middle east. The Soviets were rational in the fact that they would not sacrafice their country for a win, but Islam beleives they have nothing to lose. That is the fear I have, that comon sense will be replaced with religious fever and create a World War unlike anything the world has seen.

It will take a nuke, and then you will see every nation from China to NK to Paki to Turkey ready to blow the # out of anyone and anything that comes near their country. You will see power grabs and a groundwar like WW2 in proportion. The world as a whole cannot let countries have the abilites to create nuclear weapons. We cannot change the fact that they exist, but if the UN or IAEA cannot step in and truly stop it from happeneing, doesn't someone have to?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

if that was true why have hazbollah not been armed with some of Irans bio weapons since they are ready to arm them with nukes,
my bad forgot iran have a limit to how much support they give.

dont say things that you know
that have no ground

You're assuming of course, that they don't have such weapons...an assumption equally as groundless as you are stating mine to be...

Look, I'm not keen on more wars either... And this increasing rhetoric against Iran leading to Paladin Bush's eventual attack on Iran isn't pleasing to contemplate. We somehow "elected" this moron again, and now he has free reign to pursue his agenda. But to deny that Iran cranking out nukes won't have them going to terrorists...??? Please...

God help us all (and I mean all) in the next few years (and I don't even believe in him), but damn...we are so screwed....

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

by the time they figure it out completly they wont have a choice. How long before we have orbital weapon platforms?
How long before hypersoar is perfected?

this isnt star trek

How many have the abillity to stop us alone?

russia ( would be a nuclear stand off another cold war )

How many will be wlling to unite?

enough will if the US goes to far with agenda

If we were to hijack 70%+ of the worlds oil how many industrialised

as i was saying you really think the world would allow such a move
or even let the US even get close to doing that.

countries would give in without a fight?

the 3rd world one that would stay neutral

Lets say we offer china asia and offer russia europe, would they say no?
Trade the ROC for iran to the PRC?
Let russa retake thier old countries as long as they play ball?

thats just a joke

come on all your comments are like something that was made by someone that has no idea of anything that goes around him.

also

stop thinking that the US can carry on acting like the shool ground bully
because there is always someone or some people that stand up to them

[edit on 30-11-2004 by bodrul]

Sep

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Iran is a peaceful nation who for the last 50 years was raped by it's own countries leaders, not the US. When Khomeni came home from exile to power they kidnapped Americans. How goddamn peaceful is that.

The Americans were taken hostage because the Shah who was the moratl enemy of the Iranian people was accepted in the US. This is an outrage to all Iranians. imagine how you would feel if you found out the France was inviting Bil Ladin to France for cancer treatment. What would you have done if you were in Iran's place?

Now about being raped by its own leader coment, are you denying the fact that the US over threw a loved and democratic leader and placed a weak pupet who destroyed the country in his place?

Now, just to be fair, we as countries

1. Both support terror and/or various guerilla orgs around the globe and througout history
2. Radical relgious beliefs exist in both countries with century old wounds and wars

The US and and the Soviet union knew that if they ever used a weapon, that it was the end of all times, but that is not hte case in the middle east. The Soviets were rational in the fact that they would not sacrafice their country for a win, but Islam beleives they have nothing to lose. That is the fear I have, that comon sense will be replaced with religious fever and create a World War unlike anything the world has seen.

It will take a nuke, and then you will see every nation from China to NK to Paki to Turkey ready to blow the # out of anyone and anything that comes near their country. You will see power grabs and a groundwar like WW2 in proportion. The world as a whole cannot let countries have the abilites to create nuclear weapons. We cannot change the fact that they exist, but if the UN or IAEA cannot step in and truly stop it from happeneing, doesn't someone have to?

You should not worry about theses guys sacrificing themselve in the name of their religion. These people are not muslims and the beleive in nothing. They have had material gains from ruling their countries and will not thow it away for a religion they dont beleive in.

About the second sentence, I fully agree. But the fact is that Iran has nuclear weapons all around it. It has a NATO member sitting in the north of it. It has the nuclear capable Pakistan in south east. And India just below it. It has Israel 1300km away from it. It has Russia in the north, US troops to the East and West, and the Arabs and US military bases in the south. I am against nuclear weapons but I am even more so against the double standards of the West. South Korea has been showing signs that it is making nuclear weapons and it had worried the IAEA but it was on the news for one day then it disappeared. We have Israel making weapons at full pace with America giving it military aid. Then we have Pakistan and India who are making it and no one is talking to them. North Korea was allowed to get away with it. The US and Russia and a few former Soveit Union states have it. But when it gets to Iran who is more stable and more democratic than most the countries mentioned above, they are not allowed to access this technology. I hate Nukes but if Iran is not allowed to have then neither should N.Korea, S.Korea, Russia, US, Israel, India, Pakistan or China.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You're assuming of course, that they don't have such weapons...an assumption equally as groundless as you are stating mine to be...

Look, I'm not keen on more wars either... And this increasing rhetoric against Iran leading to Paladin Bush's eventual attack on Iran isn't pleasing to contemplate. We somehow "elected" this moron again, and now he has free reign to pursue his agenda. But to deny that Iran cranking out nukes won't have them going to terrorists...??? Please...

not really Iran is said to have a number of bio weapons and you stated that Iran would be willing to arm these groips with nukes,
so since its known that iran has a stockpile of chemical/bio weapons
why arnt these groups armed with them? ( if they are going to arm them with nukes why not chemical/bio weapons that they already own)

as i was saying Iran have a limit to what they supply to these groups.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think mwm and esdad are both saying that it's okay to have a brutal, oppressive monarch like the Shah in power AS LONG AS he supports America fully and is very pro-west.

Again, people like this really do not know anything about the rest of the world. They see America in everything. Why debate with them, I really don't understand.

I will lobby for their enlistment or draft into the military, however, whatever their age.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You just answered your own question....

Would you call the DELIBERATE targetting of civilians to the EXCLUSION of armed combatants terrorism? I certainly would.

Do you deny that Hizbollah has committed such acts?

Do you further deny that Iran supports Hizbollah?

Sorry, but I don't care how desparate you believe your situation to be, there is NO justification for terrorism.

fromoccupiedpalestine.org...

Under your assumptions of what 'terrorism' is, would you also agree that Israel is the top terrorist in the world ? Remember your words : "There is NO justification for terrorism". The Hezbollah has the doctrine an eye for an eye when it comes to israeli atrocities against them. That's what they can't stand : Holding them accountable to their own laws. You should look deeper into the Israel/Lebanon history my friend.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join