It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Laughs at US

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Would you call the DELIBERATE targetting of civilians to the EXCLUSION of armed combatants terrorism? I certainly would.

Sorry, but I don't care how desparate you believe your situation to be, there is NO justification for terrorism.

i just love how some people always fail to see two sides to an argument. israel demolishing houses under "collective punishment" sounds like 'targetting civilians to the exclusion of armed combatants" to me. oh sorry, wrong side of the fence so it mustnt be terrorism. and I laughed and laughed when i saw you had added the word 'deliberate' in caps because this means you can distance yourself from the massive "bunker busters" that the yanks dropped on afghan wedding parties. oh, that was accidental, CANT be terrorism then. pffft what a joke, open your eyes , both sides are guilty of this thing you call terrorism, my god the americans have been sponsoring terrorism all over south america for years.

and i am seeing more and more on this site an inability to seperate muslims from those you are supposedly fighting. that is scarey. i truly feel for any muslims living in the states right now, it must be awful that the vocal few are just so plainly racist.

toe the party line boys and girls, you are making bush one happy man.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses
As the U.S pushes for sanctions against Iran, the rest of the world are sitting back scratching their heads. It is obvious to all that the U.S is not fond of the Iranian ruling party and would like to see it replaced, but it seems they just don't have an effective strategy to make it happen.

If they are successful in getting sanctions passed, everyone will be blaming the UN again for the people who die. They will conveniently forget who the nation was that called for the sanctions.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
come on i thought you kids already knew.. who ever guessed the movies released in public theatres were only procrastinating our future? to tell you all the truth, i never wanted to let the thought cross any lines in my mind. to my recognition ive grown to the fact that movies are representing our society and whats going on towards the future. in the middle east. we dont know who we can trust. thats the problem. the enemy is everywhere. i just hope people arent too stupid to start using nukes for small ''big'' problems..

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It is obvious that President bush is on his way into iran, i mean come on, he has said all of the same things he said about iraq, they have wmd, they have wmd, they have wmd. get the picture. i could have swore that the president,( or leader or whatever he is called)of iran has said he is developing nuclear enriched uranium for peacefull purposes, now honestly is their any such thing, (lol) and power plants dont count. Now remember the very single most important thing, whoever controls the oil, controls the world. it is that simple. now if you want to get your oil taken, just keep building nuclear weapons, that gives the bush administration a hell of a cover to go in take your oil. im not sure how much of the oil reserve iran owns, but i know that iraq was second to saudia arabia as the largest reserves in the world. i guess other than alaska. because noone for sure knows whats in alaska. i mean if you cannot see the signs, then you are obviously blind. the bush adm. dont want sanctions, they dont want the iranian people to agree. they dont, they want them to rise up and refuse so we can go take the oil. now im not condoning it one bit. i didnt vote. because there is no need to vote. because it dont matter, whoever has the most power gets elected anyway. but if i would have voted i would have voted for ralph nader. now the question at hand is when will the bush adm. launch their first shock and awe on the country of iran. that is the question, and question number two is, exactly how large will the first wave of shock and awe be, you can take this to the bank. it will make the shoc and awe in iraq look like a military training program. ok now dont get me wrong, almost all of these middle eastern countries are harboring and aiding terrorists. you cannot let these kind of people have nuclear capabilities. they are to unstable. that is why we are at war. the oil is the the number 2 benefit of taking out these terrorists. the 1st obviously being taking out hte terrorists. now i honestly dont think the us is gonna take over the world, or even try to. that is just crazy thought. but they will takover the middle eastern oil. no doubt about it. and wiping out the terrorists in the process. like i said earlier, the us will make some sort of agreement with china to keep selling them oil. because iran and china just signed some sort of agreement for oil. if the usa controls iraqs and irans oil reserves we are by far the most oil rich country in the world. we will own what about 40-50% of the worlds oil. and that my friends is absolute power. now like i said i dont condone these actions and i honestly wish the world would just get rid of all nuclear weapons. i mean nothing good can come from nuclear weapons except if an asteroid was coming towards earth, and therefore you would have to keep a thousand or so on hand. but that would be it. i am only stating the reality of the us going into iran. its inevitible. and it will happen within the next 4 years if not the next four months.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Originally posted by American Mad Man
No flip-flopping from my side - that is for liberal America haters like you.

Is "liberal" your only comeback now? You better find another one quick, because it hasn't worked since Day One.

Liberal is an adjective that correctly describes you. Nothing more nothing less.

The fact that you take it as a "comeback" should tell you something.

Sep

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by joe751
im not sure how much of the oil reserve iran owns, but i know that iraq was second to saudia arabia as the largest reserves in the world.

Actually Iran is second. Iraq is thrid. And with the rate of output Iran's oil will last for the next 107.6 years, while Saudi Arabians will end in 86.1 years. Iran also has the second most natural gas. So that would make Iran a very good price. But is it going to be worth it?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Sep, like i said i am totally anti war, war is the most horrible thing known to mankind. it is chitty that we have to fight for everything, it absolutely sux, but all i am saying is it is obvious what is happening. now about n. korea, i know the us. dont like them, but i dont know if they really have any natural resources worth taking. and that is probably why the us isnt attacking them right now. the us will most likely not fight the saudis considering bush is best buddies with them. unless even his lust for power excedes the level it is at now. i read something somewhere where the suadies own like 7 % of the united states. so attacking them is unlikely. but iran, ahgan, syria and all of them other 3rd world countries with oil is not out of hte possible wrath of hte u.s. if everyone would share everything with eachother, there would be a pretty good chance that we would have already discovered space travel. i mean traveling at the speed of light, but no, we insist on being the first to do everything. and that my friends will be the downfall of the world. and god will reign vegance down upon thee, and wipe out all of the evil. just like noahs ark, and that is chitty, that we all have to pay for a few thousand people across the world (them being the power lusting politicians) that are greedy and dont care about anything but their personal gain at whoevers expense it is.

Sep

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Space travling and such should be left to the future. Now if we want to talk about peace and sharing, the industrilised world should share their technology and medical expertize with the "thrid world". They should help the third world have the living standards that they have. Take away hunger and help them have clean water, food to eat, education and medicen. Then and only then, when everyone can learn about unity and when the people of the world are equal in both educational and living standards, can we talk about peace and sharing of oil and gas and such. Until then the third world country should keep their oil to themselves because that is the only tool they have to stop their people from starvation.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Liberal is an adjective that correctly describes you. Nothing more nothing less.

LOL I am not even a liberal. I have no idea why you keep trying to use that word so freely.

And no, I was not using your definition of comeback. Please grow up, there is more to life than just insults.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

metalfan87,

I'm not gonna tell you what to think but I'm sorry if you can't educate yourself.

You are at least willing to take responsibility, correct? Most in your group fail to do that.

Wow... I made a statement on the thread and you decided to attack my response. I asked you what was wrong with my statement, you implied I was uneducated on the subject, yet you couldn't tell me why? Either you don't have the knowledge, or you couldn't handle it.
I asked you to prove me wrong, or debate with me if you will. What do you mean by my "group"?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Think what you want about my beliefs or my country, doesn't relly matter.
The rest of the world will learn in time what saddam already has, you either do things the way we tell you to, or we take you down. We are concentrating on the middle east t the moment but europe, china, and the rest of the world will have thier turn as well.

You are either joking or quite delusional. Taking down Europe? What the hell are you talking about? It's the next probable thing after a massive Times Square landing of space aliens from Alpha Centauri, this coming weekend.

Taking down China? Better stock up on toilet paper, my friend, because that'll get really scary.

Welcome to the new Imperial America boys and girls.

Well, we all know how empires end, don't we. It's not pretty.

A lot of your "ideas" sound like they came from the Third Reich. They have been dealt with.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Let's be realistic. Iran isn't laughing at the country that has just conquered their neighbor in under a month. Remember that they fought Iraq for years and ended up in a standoff. Yes I know that the US supplied Iraq with a lot of the weapons used in their war with Iran, but this only proves the point even more. Iran couldn't win a proxy war with the US. I'm sure the fact that there are close to 200,000 American forces camped out next door brings fits of laughter at their meetings. (Not)

No, Iran is scared, and for good reason. They know that the US doesn't need to resort to WMDs to conquer their country. Look at their actions. "We're stopping our efforts to acquire nuclear weapons. No, wait we're doing what we want, no wait we're going to let the UN inspect us." These are the ramblings of a confused frightened country that doesn't know quite what to do.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Sometimes backing a black snake into a corner is dangerous, even though they are small their bite can kill.

As for the US being able to take over the world... I think this is unlikely, as long as the US remains a democracy any government will have to submit to the will of the people every 4 years and i don't think the American people would stand for the years of war after war that would be need to conquer the entire world. I also suggest the person that came up with the idea should buy Superpower 2, it has horrible AI but it is a rather impressive and quick to access database of military numbers, economic strength and population demographics (the info comes from the US military, UN, CIA). Even under a dictatorship that had free reign it would be difficult because you would be surprised of how strong all those little countries can be when they join together. An alliance between major European powers (Italy, Spain, Germany, France, UK) and Japan would be enough to make it into a hard fight and if the rest of asia and the rest of Europe got involved it would be game over

This is a good source for details about economic strength and population size.

www.cia.gov...

[edit on 2-12-2004 by Trent]

Sep

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
No, Iran is scared, and for good reason. They know that the US doesn't need to resort to WMDs to conquer their country. Look at their actions. "We're stopping our efforts to acquire nuclear weapons. No, wait we're doing what we want, no wait we're going to let the UN inspect us." These are the ramblings of a confused frightened country that doesn't know quite what to do.

Never under estimate the politics of a Mullah. The fact that they are alive demonsrates that. They have been hated since the second they came to be but their politics has held them together for over a thousand years.

Now let look at the deal this "confused and frightened" country has made. They have spent aproximatly 1 billion dollars on their nuclear reactors. Now they are engaged in talks with the EU which was unimaginable a few years ago. They are talking about trade which could not have been possible is it wasnt for their nuclear works. So out of the investment of 1 billion dollars they have created an oppertunity for joining the world again. Now if you ask me that is a good deal and I would also be laughing if I was them.

With this deal they have took away the best and most loyal partner of the US, Britain. They have shown the world they are apable of negotiating. They already have Russia on their side, they have made an energy deal with China and now have EU also on their side. 17 years ago all these countries were helping Iraq to destroy Iran. Again great politics.

I dont think they are quiet scared. They have played their cards very well. They have three powerful partners and still have many cards left to play. Like their very good friends in Iraq who control the majority of Iraqis, or the Hezbolla who is armed to the teeth but have not made any strikes.

These Mullahs can only destroy themselves from within. They are not scared of anyone except themselves. If you look into the Iranian politics you can see it. For example the Mayor of the Tehran (who was a mullah) a few years ago was accused of bribary. His court was shown on TV for the first few days. The two Mullahs fought each other and after the first few sessions it became apparent that the Mullahs were going to lose face so the show was turned off. Or there was Montazeri who was against the I.R. He talked out and no one was able to stop him so they imprisoned him. There are many other examples.

So my friend. The Mullahs are not scared. No one can touch them. They have made strong allies while the US was fighting the war on terror and have never had as much power as they do now. Nothing can overthrow them except internal conflict which will probebly happen within the next few years.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I really can't remember the last time Iran was afraid of America. In fact, they really aren't. Why? Because they know the U.S. cannot fight Iran. The U.S. has even proven that through war games and simulations (I'll try to find a link to the article) that any scenario with Iran involving war ends in disaster.

Iranians are also very nationalistic. They are too proud of their culture and nation to ever succumb to anyone. If anything, they're cocky because they know the U.S. can't afford to and won't fight Iran (probably). We can barely even hold our own in Iraq.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I really can't remember the last time Iran was afraid of America. In fact, they really aren't. Why? Because they know the U.S. cannot fight Iran. The U.S. has even proven that through war games and simulations (I'll try to find a link to the article) that any scenario with Iran involving war ends in disaster.

Iranians are also very nationalistic. They are too proud of their culture and nation to ever succumb to anyone. If anything, they're cocky because they know the U.S. can't afford to and won't fight Iran (probably). We can barely even hold our own in Iraq.

Haha, your kidding right? we can barely take Iraq? obviously your joking. We took them out twice, the thing about Iraq now is the insurgents, it's not the Iraqi military because we crushed them in about a 2 months time, same with Afghanistan. Both countries didn't stand a chance. The Soviet Union had there hands full back in 1979- 1989. They lost 22,000 soldiers with 75,000 wounded. Civil war and a war with the Russians, yet the Russians still lost the war. In Operation enduring Freedom the U.S. has lost 150 out of 12,000+ troops, I'd say thats pretty good for 4 years time. But I will admit that we do not have the man power to invade Iran and to protect the country because were on peace missions and stationed in a 120 countries that involves 320,000 or 60% of the entire Army. We could invade them but if a country attacked us or something we wouldn't have a force to really fight them off with so we sorta can't attack them.

[edit on 2-12-2004 by metalfan87]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
My opinion
Some might think this is mean but hear me through. Iran has nice oil and gas reserves. They also have plenty of terrorist camps and we still need to pay them back for the hostage crisis in the late 70's/80's.
So my suggestion is to bomb them. I think the military has some type of bomb that just sucks all of the moisture out of everything (everything being plants, people, animals, and anything else that contains moisture) and if they drop a few of these on the major cities, the rest of the citizens will either become crazed fanatics and turn into sucide bombers or surrender.

As the late Senator Moyinhan said 'Just bomb them!' They will stop then.

And if that doesn't work, give them a Hiroshma or Nagaski lesson. They will wake up then!

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Are u for real???
My opinion
Some might think this is mean but hear me through. Iran has nice oil and gas reserves. They also have plenty of terrorist camps and we still need to pay them back for the hostage crisis in the late 70's/80's.
So my suggestion is to bomb them. I think the military has some type of bomb that just sucks all of the moisture out of everything (everything being plants, people, animals, and anything else that contains moisture) and if they drop a few of these on the major cities, the rest of the citizens will either become crazed fanatics and turn into sucide bombers or surrender.

And if that doesn't work, give them a Hiroshma or Nagaski lesson. They will wake up then!

Seriously, coming from a right-wing American here who is an avid supporter of Bush, what is wrong with you. Yeah, lets kill MILLIONS of people in Iran for no real reason. You are the reason why people from other countries frown upon the name of America. I mean how stupid do you have to be, right now Iran IS complying with the demands from the UN, and they are behaving fine. Yet because they scoff at us and chant death to America we say lets kill hundreds of thousands of them. It is called free speech my friend, and you are chanting Death to Iranians as we speak. Only their death to America means to our country, not the people, while yours means to the babies and children of Iran. You disgust me. As long as Iran continues to comply with the UN there should be no reason to attack them. Do you realize that if we do, we will not only be battling Iran, we will be fighting against China too? Not that i am scared to fight China, but this is a World War you are talking about, Millions of soldiers dying, along with innocent civilians. Not to mention the fact that half the US is still fumming that Bush is still in office, and we dont have things settled in Iraq. Just because someone scoffs at our countries name doesn't mean we should slaughter them for no reason as of yet. Besides, this war is still a good half decade away, if it even happens. This is not a happy time, at all. I dont care who gets invaded, a lot of people are going to die, end of story. So screw you and all my fellow Americans who say lets go out there and kill kill kill, you spit on the foundation of our Great Nation.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

LOL I am not even a liberal. I have no idea why you keep trying to use that word so freely.

From what you have posted that I have seen, it is a description of you. Like I said - an adjective.

And no, I was not using your definition of comeback. Please grow up, there is more to life than just insults.

I didn't insult you. All I said was that you were a liberal. Again - you used the word "comeback" not me. Your the one making a big deal about being called a liberal - not me. Hell, call me a conservative till the day I die - it reflects who I am, just as what you have posted reflects your liberal thinking.

If you really want to talk about this topic though, reread my original post - the one you were so quick to slam - take a step back, and see if anything I said was untue. Hell, you may not agree with it, but is it that far off the mark?

Sep

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Are u for real???
My opinion

Ummmmmmmm, burn in hell, where your kind belongs

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join