It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran’s Supreme Leader: Jihad Will Continue Until America is No More

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Do you always put words in other peoples mouth?

And pardoning the ignorance is what is causing the problems. People sure like to bitch about the US but god forbid if an article is posted that deals with another country.

As I predicted - instead of refuting the article you and others simply attack and call people names... Maybe if you and other spent more time learning and less time trying to spin facts to make a country like Iran appear reasonable we would not have to spend so much time on posts like yours and others.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Go bitch to someone who cares.

As I stated already -

If you have facts to refute the article then post them.

Since you don't all you have left is to attack the OP while accusing them of something you have made up in your own mind.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

God don't you start now.

When you see Iranians chanting every other day about the great Satan / lesser Satan they are not referring to Pakistan.

Actually, you make an interesting point -
Since Iran does not recognize the country of Israel, its easy for people to try and make the BS argument Iran has never stated they want Israel wiped off the map. Hard to remove something that they refuse to believe exists.

Feel free to check the various topics on this site dealing with Iran and their view on Israel. Aside from the one incident where the Pro Iranians bitched about mistranslation...

Iran cant project force.

So how exactly do you think they are going to achieve their goals of destroying Israel and the US?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Just thought this might be helpful on the destruction of Israel issue:

An Iranian professor is publicly criticizing the Ayatollahs’ rhetoric on Israel, asking who entrusted them to destroy the Jewish state, Al Monitor reports.

“Iran has explicitly stated many times that it wants to destroy Israel,” outspoken analyst Sadegh Zibakalam said during a speech at Islamic Azad University in Mashhad, Tehran. “None of the other countries that have a nuclear program have stated that they want to destroy a country.”

“I don’t know who entrusted Iran with destroying Israel, Has the United Nations given this mission to Iran?” he asked.

According to the Iranian Students’ News Agency, the issue of Israel was raised as Zibakalam addressed the pressure and sanctions Iran has faced over its nuclear program.

www.al-monitor.com...#

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Anyone can find an article slanted to their own way of thinking. You have made your way very clear.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Wait, simply chosing to not believe in Israel is a thing?

Sweet !! I choose not to believe in Israel.... but it's still there, and they are still committing genocide on the palestines daily.....

Sorry friend, your logic is a little bewildering.
edit on 25-5-2014 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Anyone can find an article slanted to their own way of thinking. You have made your way very clear.

Actually the only thing that has been made clear is the ability of certain people on this site to make claims about a poster and yet fail to support the accusations with those pesky things called facts.

I would wade into the hypocritical discussion but I don't think some people understand that term.

Do you have anything on topic now?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

Uhm no. read what I posted.

What I said and what you are claiming are not compatible.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Iran’s Supreme Leader: Jihad Will Continue Until America is No More

*yawn*

Bring it, little bearded bitch!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

God don't you start now.

When you see Iranians chanting every other day about the great Satan / lesser Satan they are not referring to Pakistan.

I'm not pro-Iran and I'm not Anti-Iran. I'm definitely not loosey goosey with facts though and once we start blurring them because they don't matter to distinguish......it'll be fun, if ever possible to UNBLUR it later.

Now the problem I had is finding where the Ayatollah actually said the words in any speech or any instance regarding wiping Israel off the map. I couldn't find one. I DID find a speech attributed to him and claimed to have said it, and the translation was so butchered that it's embarrassing. For the longest time, Ahmadinejad was who many claimed said it...he didn't either that I ever saw or found. Searching for his is what led to the Ayatollah speech which didn't.

I don't believe Iran has or has ever really worked TO have Nuclear weapons. Not in the sense we think of them. That leaves a lot of room to imagine other things. To each their own imaginings. If you recall, it's quite a bit more than a casual or passing opinion (The case against a Nuclear Armed Iran.).

One day after senior Israeli government officials raised eyebrows at an international conference by remaining in the room when Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif took the stage to speak, Zarif told a German television interviewer that Tehran could restore diplomatic relations with Israel in the event of a peace deal between Israel and the Palestinians. “Once the Palestinian problem is solved the conditions for an Iranian recognition of Israel will be possible,” Zarif said in the interview Monday.
Source

That ran in Time magazine for February. It's an interesting piece to throw into the mix and Iran IS a nation of 79 million people with a 3 Branch Governmental system quite similar to ours. This isn't Iraq and it sure isn't Afghanistan. What I'm against is more efforts toward killing a % of those people if it can be avoided.

Enough of this preemptive war B.S. as a national policy. Iran may be gearing for war or they may just be a wee bit scared because they are now ALMOST 100% alone. When or if Assad dies, they're it. Iran China and Russia form the last of the core nations (Well, and that cult they call North Korea) that haven't bowed to the western will.

Iran destroy America? What's scary isn't the threat, it's that we don't have the discretion to see hyperbole when we hear it anymore.

America also built up a recent deal with IRAN ... a very secret deal, recall all that?..that obviously went to hell in a hand basket. Could one relate to the other in the Ayatollah having had his fill of us? I think it's more than likely, it's just about cause and effect we're seeing here.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What is it with these backwater inbred clowns making big threats? I guess it's easy to beat, rape, and maim their women, however, when it comes to the great 'Satan' they just run their little bitch mouthes. These creatures are the most despicable, vile, worthless, and mentally diseased parasites on the face of this earth. What's more sickening is their general population stands by their leaders words and actions. Guilty by association. Islam disgusts me. Sick bastards.
edit on 25-5-2014 by lambs to lions because: Add

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I think maybe the eye a tole ya is losing his tight grip on power in an Iran that's getting weary of the struggle which they have endured all through this thing....
They weren't all that angry at us to begin with, and I think they would like to co exist peacefully.....but the eye a tole yas need something for them to fear and loathe just as the president does...otherwise wed all wake up and revolt for peace...
edit on 25-5-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Iran does not recognize the state of Israel. So tell me who they are threatening then when they talk about Israel? When the ayatollah states Israel must be cut out of the middle east like a cancer, what is he suggesting? When Iran funds groups who stated and whose written charter is to destroy Israel, they are saying what?

When Iran holds rallies every other day to denounce the great satan / lesser satan, they are suggesting what? Iran is a theocracy where religion reigns supreme in a defiling manner.

The Ayatollah wants the US to end.. He means what? We should change our name to something more acceptable to them?

The argument about Iran and their intent and the manner in which people try to split hairs is the same idiot ass attempts Neo Nazi groups use. They hold a rally, rail against a person or group, while using the phrases like "lone wolf", which is code to encourage members to act on their own in a wink wink nod nod sort of manner.

When the Ayatollah states the US must end or Israel must end, what do you think he is suggesting? Serious question - What is he suggesting happen to those nations?

As for the nuclear deal that was nothing but lip service to the cameras. While Iran likes to claim the Ayatollah has said developing nuclear weapons is outlawed people seem to ignore the possibility he is lying.

The United States has never stated Iran is not entitled to a nuclear energy program, as much as they like to make the claim. The Us has actually stated numerous times Iran has a right to nuclear energy.

The issue is everything Iran is doing with their nuclear energy program is overkill for their needs. The number of enrichment facilities and number of centrifuges goes far beyond a civilian program. Don't forget Iran got caught lying about their program when the west exposed one of their secret nuclear facilities built into the side of a mountain.

Iran is not trusted because of western propaganda. They are not trusted because they have lied since the start about the purpose of their program. Had Iran never been called out on the facility they never would have disclosed it.

Can Iran invade the US?
Can Iran invade Israel?

With their current military technology - nope.

All it takes is one nuclear device to take a country and put them on the benches to watch. Since some countries in the middle east have no issues sacrificing their own people to achieve the political goals of the cowards in power, its very concerning to see countries like Iran with a weapons program.

At least with Russia during the cold war we understood the concept of MAD. A nation like Iran, who used school age children during their war with Iraq to clear minefields by having the kids hold hands and walk through the minefield with the troops coming up behind is the mindset we are dealing with.

Its one thing for a person to decide they will sacrifice their life for their country. Its something else entirely when its children and those children are not given a choice. That problem is compounded when dealing with countries who determines win or loss by the number of people, not military, but total number of people they can kill, whether its young, old, military or 3rd parties.

As far as nuclear weapons program -Iran had one after the coup. The program continued up to around 2000 +/- and then there was evidence it was mothballed. Since Iran does not honor its commitment to the NPT we have to take Irans word, which is a problem.

edit on 25-5-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Dear Wrabbit2000,

It seems I'm always asking for your help in clearing things up.

I understand the position on the "Wiping Israel off the map" speech. Strangely, I'm not too concerned about it. It was just one speech after all. Allow me to show you this clip:

How to destroy Israel is the name of a new book published in Iran by the Khorasan Central Bureau of Islamic Guidance and Culture. It was released during the 13th Mashad Int'l Book Fair, and was written by a group of University of Tehran clerics and alumni.

Mohammad Ibrahimnia, a cleric and researcher present at the Book Fair in an interview with the media was proud to announce that the book has been awarded the "book of the year award".

The book in seven chapters covers topics such as:

"features of Israeli thought"
"unusual blessings of Israel"
"the crimes and punishment of the Jewish tribe"
"Quran's warnings to muslims about this tribe"
"The weaknesses of the Israelites"
"Methods of confronting this tribe"

He further added that the contents and title of the book are a homage to Imam Khomeini's fatwa who declared "Israel must be destroyed". Ibrahimnia remarked that abandoning Khomeini's command is considered like abandoning the other mandatory commands of Sharia that must be observed (such as fasting and praying).

He said: "The glorious Quran warns us of this tribe more than any other tribe on earth, and contrary to people's beliefs, the zionists are the remnants of the same old tribe that the Quran warns us of."

iranian.com...

My point is that it appears that every month or so a high ranking Iranian official says he wants to destroy Israel. I don't know what his motivation is, but it seems reasonable to think that Iran is saying it wants to destroy Israel. That questionable translation seems like only one instance in a long line.

My second problem is a WTF? problem. Iran knows the situation is unstable. They know that Israel is afraid. There's even a chance, as unlikely as it sounds, that Obama might come to Israel's defense. So why does Iran keep making these noises? Do they want a war? Are they thinking it could be one mass suicide bombing where their country dies but Israel is destroyed? What are they doing? It's certainly not peace-loving.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I agree with everything you have been saying. The problem is, the apologists want to redirect the blame back to big bad America. Poor Iran is getting bullied by the US...sickening. There is a reason why we are watching Iran's nuclear program like a hawk. They are cowards who would never stand up to a fair fight. Their treatment of women proves that. However, what if these monsters got their hands on a Nuke? Now, that would be just their game indeed. The mass slaughter of thousands of evil American women and children through a cowardly proxy group.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Xcath, your entire fear or concern is premised on the concept of Iran having a Nuclear weapon and then being able or willing to use one or more.

The link here (The case against a Nuclear Armed Iran.) is a thread I put a lot of time, including a custom map made just for it, to explain the logic for why I think it's next to 0 on odds Iran is doing such a thing. I think the reasons are logic based, laid out plainly and easily fit.

The near deafening noise of propaganda from both sides (with a little help from friends to each of course) makes some of the basic underlying realities easy to miss, but there they are. If Iran can't nuke 'em, and I stand by saying they absolutely cannot and will not, then what threat is there?

Iran has put almost all of it's resources since the 80's into a defensive posture and 'turtling' as it's called in an RTS game and they're very good turtles after so much time working non-stop at it.

They've even had front row seats by geography to America at war, twice now...and 3 times if you count 1991. That's a big advantage they have if we screw with them there (which is what I think they most fear in a real way) but turtles don't get anywhere to fight elsewhere and that one isn't different. Defensive war? Look out..but there are whole nations between Israel and Iran, let alone Iran and us...
edit on 5/25/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Well, I always need to preface this by saying it's academic to talk about and theorizing for interest until or unless war breaks out. Then..well, loyalties have been addressed in other threads on the topic. Nothing ever changes on that anyway.

Having said that..Israel has been doing a lot of their own pushing lately and I've been rather shocked to see it. Its like they are kicking a bully in the shins while we're behind them..knowing we'll have to help if the bully pounds them.

That bully being the collective alliance of Syria and Iran. (The core of whats left of the Shia and what the Sunni are trying to stomp into mush and history, as a side note in an area full of side notes)

Syria wasn't bothering anyone in particular when the first demonstrations in Homs began and calls for help to overthrow Assad carried at the same time across the net. I don't know if Israel had anything to do with the start of it, but they've openly attacked them multiple times since. Of course..they didn't announce that, the US burned them on it and that forms a whole side text playing out on it's own which isn't good.

Bottom line for Iran being downright obnoxious though? Well, there is a reason the U.S. has the 5th Fleet based just across the Persian Gulf from Iran's beaches and Iran isn't a friend. By no means.

Also, they've kinda had military bases exploding and scientists getting limpet mined by motorbikes a lot here lately. It's kinda pissed them off.....not to mention that secret deal gone bad, stuxnet (which we MUST thank whoever confirmed the US actually did...helpful for things like this...or not) and who knows how much we DIDN'T hear about in leaks?

edit on 5/25/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Dear Wrabbit2000,

Thanks very much for helping me with my problems on this issue. I also appreciate your reminder that it's all academic. I wonder what effect our fall's elections might have, especially if the Republicans take the Senate.

Well, I'm too old to fight and I don't live anywhere near what might be considered a terrorist target, or down wind from a blast, so I think I'll just have another swig of my iced Geritol and rock some more.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Really!Can't wait till the apologists show up to claim the mossad screwed with the translation,the west deserves it,etc.ad nauseum.

Seeing the NeoCons asking for war with Iran reminds me of Iraq how did Iraq turn out again?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Then don't threaten the US with destruction.

The only one threatening Iran is America's and its military bases near the Iranian borders. I am pretty sure u Xcathdra still support the terrorists in Syria to.
edit on 26-5-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join