It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 226
<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

AWE!

Big, huge, massive furry kitten!

*pounces across the room* Hug From Above!

How's things people?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Good morning or rather afternoon for you! Yes a massive kitty, isn't he awesome? Someone once named their cat Thunder Paws, might be a good one for our new pet. LOL

Didn't get to do groceries yesterday so doing that later today. Have to call my Doctor's office to straighten out a mistake. I was supposed to get samples of a higher dose of a high blood pressure med and she gave me the wrong med.

I was counting out tons of change yesterday. Over 200.00 worth so far. LOL When I go shopping I always use bills and bring the change home and put it in jars. Took a long time to get that much, but hey, it's nice to have. Going to get some gift certificates for Christmas gifts.

Hope you have a great day and that your friend is improving!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

My colleague is making progress at a miraculous pace, already back at work, although we have repeatedly told him that he should take at least three weeks off from even leaving the house. He will not be told though. At the end of the day, there is little we can do about him, other than to throw up our hands, and let him do what he will. He always does, no matter what he is told, or what the situation is!

The rest of us are feeling a little under the weather though. Mother had these two glands on her neck and collar bone come up like golf balls a few days back. They are retreating back to their normal size now, but on top of that, I am also crocked. I am wooly headed, and normally speaking I am razor sharp, not to mention, I am feeling cold, and by that I mean, feeling cold internally. Normally speaking, if I am having anything other than an... unhealthily positive experience when feeling chilly, it means that something is catastrophically wrong, and I feel like hell.

No doubt it will pass.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
I am feeling cold, and by that I mean, feeling cold internally. Normally speaking, if I am having anything other than an... unhealthily positive experience when feeling chilly, it means that something is catastrophically wrong, and I feel like hell.

No doubt it will pass.

True my man...I think you may be going through Man-O-Pause.

Believe it or not, it does happen.

Other than that, you've got a bug, probably a kick-ass cold. (Maybe nearing flu-stage)

Take lots of extremely hot and long showers (run up that water bill!), followed by cold medicine and when you go to bed, as many blankets as possible to burn out whatever ails you. To the point of being uncomfortably hot. Something I know you hate.

Oh, and chicken soup...can't forget that.
edit on 10-11-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Well, I make a point of never taking medication of any sort, unless prescribed by my doctor. Because I only visit the doctor when I am concerned that whatever is happening with me is life threatening, I end up taking very little medicine indeed

As for chicken soup... Nearly! Its Chow Mein tonight! HEHE!

As for keeping myself warm, I have the heating on, I am wearing my cold weather fleece, and supping plenty of hot tea. That seems to be keeping the worst of it at bay at the moment. As for Man-O-Pause, seriously? I am not even thirty yet! LOL!

I know it does happen, and I will keep my eyes open for hints!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I was never one for taking prescriptions either...Then I got old. LOL

Yeah True, you have a while yet before having to worry about MAN-o-pause. LOL! Hope you and Mom feel better soon! Your friend is doing amazingly well! Wow!!

Made some tortolini chicken soup. Can't spell. Tomorrow I will make my Persian chicken.
edit on 10-11-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I was never one for taking prescriptions either...Then I got old. LOL

Yeah True, you have a while yet before having to worry about MAN-o-pause. LOL! Hope you and Mom feel better soon! Your friend is doing amazingly well! Wow!!

Made some tortolini chicken soup. Can't spell. Tomorrow I will make my Persian chicken.

Menopause and the lightly termed man-o-pause can effect people of all ages Night. It doesn't only happen to people who are getting up there in their years. That is an age old myth.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Gosh True, Hope you get better soon. Sucks when you get that feeling.

Man-O_Pause, Well that's one I've heard of before. Let's just say, I believe we all (as Homo Sapiens) go through changes with age.

I also noticed you said you were crocked. Now as a semi southern gal, Do you mean by that, you have been indulging in alcohol use or... and that has made your other negitive health problems worse? Or is there a different definition across the pond? LOL

Hi Night!!

I made Wedding soup. Between the process of making a soup and the smell, and how it permiates the air on a winter day, just make everything as they should be.

Well, I was out of the house by 6 am. Last minute to get more salt, and I also had to go visit my new Mech. to make sure the truck is ready for the winter. He say's I am fine now, that he did a bit of twicking. Had to replace some sort of clamp that holds the exaust system. So I shoulld be good as far as the vehicle. The house has been battened down for some weeks, so I hope I'm good on that. Haven't had to raise the thermostate over 70 til tonite. I have noticed it has gotten a bit more chillier. Not really cold yet, But it's coming.

I have taken some really cool photo's. The change of fall to Winter. I just don't have the time to sit down and figure this thing out. I will. Lots to do. I have an appointment with a college counseler Next week to talk about my next step.

The kids are kidda liking it better over at grandma's, cuz their friends are closer and it's closer to their work, so I have been spending what down time I have by myself. It has actually been a blessing. Sometimes you just need total silience to hear what you need too hear. I am really growing stronger mentally and spiritually.

At least that's what I think it is. Geeze never been (maturing) before. LOL That's what a senior employee told me yesterday. LOL "I was maturing"

I say, NOOOOO, I am just starting the next part of my life, without having to worry about anyone else but ME!!!

Of course I will always worry about my children and my significant other, and I will always be there for them.

But This is my time. ( I think, I never know whats gonna go BOOM around a corner) And I am going to get to know the women I have become. And celebrate her.!!!

The girl done did good. So Far....

Been checking out all these beautiful dragons you all have. Maybe I will find one, and get to know it, and make a friend.

Do Dragons like Ice? Cuz I need one who will go Ice fishing with me,

edit on 10-11-2014 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

Also wanted to add. Since this morning I have shoveled about 13in so far. It has stopped snowing for now, but it is supposed to start again around 12am and go another 7 hours. This is definitly alot of snow. But my atitude is still positive. Come March, We'll see.......

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Heh... I am working on getting better.

Crocked in my locality, merely means not at ones best, functioning at a negative value when compared with ones normal parameters. It can describe either someone who is drunk or otherwise intoxicated, disabled either permanently or temporarily, or is otherwise not at their best.

Regarding your shovelling activities... I envy you sooo much! I LOVE snow. Its a great work out, and it covers up all the ugly architecture and asphalt around my area. Plus, you know, it's cold!

TDawg, and Night Star,

Whether or not it is my time to have a Man-O-Pause (sounds like an Irish superhero who possesses the ability to stop time for a short while!), is a matter for some debate, although many of my friends would argue that I have always been a grumpy old man, and that I may finally be getting into the skin I was born for !

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hey Night Star,

You are coming first in the writing competition! Way to go.

I am coming in second I think.

Gordi is coming in first in the non-writers section.

Just going on flags anyway.

Well done!

P

ETA, there is some great reading in short stories

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10/11/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Hey Pheonix,

OK, where are you at. I just stopped in to say Hi.. If there is a contest going on I will be there to rutte you guys on.

Gotta check this out.

See ya all.

Hey dawg, How Ya doing??

Where are you guys???

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Here is a baby ice dragon for you Kat. I had to travel far to find the little guy. He loves the cold and ice and will be a perfect companion and protector for you. He's already good at ice fishing. A fast learner that one!

He could get pretty big though. Here's his Daddy.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Hey Night Star,

You are coming first in the writing competition! Way to go.

I am coming in second I think.

Gordi is coming in first in the non-writers section.

Just going on flags anyway.

Well done!

P

ETA, there is some great reading in short stories

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am so excited! Yay us!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Oh wow, I forgot all about wedding soup. Can't remember all the ingredients. Lets see, cans of vegall vegetables, orzo macaroni, hamburg...beef broth...How do you make yours?

Mark just a huge serving of shepards pie. I make mine with hamburger, onion, mashed potatoe, corn and American cheese melted on top. YUM! Why the hell do they call that pie? LOL

Oh my Persian chicken was sooooo good. Weird ingredients but healthy and delicious.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Question for True...Why on earth do you guys call an operating room a theatre? LOL Do you like watch movies while you're being operated on? That always cracked me up. And when I'm reading a book or watching an English movie they'll say something like, "Charles is in hospital." HUH? Isn't he IN the hospital? Man that used to annoy me to no end. LOL "We have to go to hospital". NOOOOO, "We have to go to THE hospital."

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Well yes Dawg, some people can start menopause or MAN-o- pause early, but it is uncommon at True's age. Most women start at 50 and I was in my forties when I started 'the change'. Talk about hormones being all over the place. I would start crying and Mark would ask me what was wrong. "I'd say, "I have no clue!" Then I'd laugh. Weird stuff! And hot as hell all the time. Though now I have a pill or two that can make you flush. I wear layers year round. LOL

Fishy is on his last leg, I mean fin. Poor fishy!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Hehe...

As far as I know, the reason we use the phrase operating theatre, is that back in the day, previous to the understanding of things like sterile environments being better for pateints, surgery was performed in tiered rooms, amphitheatres, where students and other observers, could watch the surgeon or surgeons working on the patient. Surgeons would often lecture on the subject of the operation being performed, as it was occurring, talking the students through it as they went.

As for the difference between saying "going to hospital" and "going to the hospital", the former is used when one intends to visit the hospital for its intended purpose, i.e. to get treatment. The latter is used when one intends to visit the hospital for a different reason, for example, a journalist interviewing a doctor about a life saving new drug, would go to the hospital.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Well yes Dawg, some people can start menopause or MAN-o- pause early, but it is uncommon at True's age. Most women start at 50 and I was in my forties when I started 'the change'. Talk about hormones being all over the place. I would start crying and Mark would ask me what was wrong. "I'd say, "I have no clue!" Then I'd laugh. Weird stuff! And hot as hell all the time. Though now I have a pill or two that can make you flush. I wear layers year round. LOL

Fishy is on his last leg, I mean fin. Poor fishy!

If it's fin rot Night, get some Bach's flower Remedy....Crab Apple. Add 3-5 drops to the fish tank twice daily.....hey presto, fin rot gone. I cured my fish of it years ago.

Jane
edit on 11-11-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Sorry to hear about your fish Night Star!

I hope that little dude, or dudette recovers!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Looks...looks again. Is that Jane? LOL Hi there! Thanks for the info, but I bought a medicine for him and...he didn't make it. I don't always have access to transportation. Maybe if I had treated him sooner, he might have made it. Hmmm...shall I go fish shopping today?

new topics

top topics

<< 223  224  225    227  228  229 >>

join