It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 227
<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Night Star

Sorry to hear about your fish Night Star!

I hope that little dude, or dudette recovers!

Pretty blue fish is swimming in peace in heaven now. Goodbye little buddy

edit on 11-11-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Sorry about the little guy. They do have short lives though.

Burial at sea?

Sorry, I just had to.

Oh c'mon! You know a lot of y'all were thinking it!
edit on 11-11-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Bad Dawg. Bad, bad, bad!

Actually I scooped him out of the bowl, placed him on a paper towel, folded it around him, said goodbye and threw him in the trash. Seems rather disrespectful doesn't it? Well, he isn't in that sick body anymore. He is free and happy beneath the sunlight with all the other pets I loved through the years.

Now I want to go fish shopping. I don't want just any betta, it has to be special.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Have a good time shopping. I'm partial to DogFish. (I wonder why...LOL)

Off to do a wiring job with a bud. Catch y'all later.

(please no shocks!...please no shocks!)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Have fun Dawg!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Awww sorry about the fish Night!

How are we all doing?

Well, mum got home on Saturday, and is doing well.
She has settled back in at home and just needs to keep up with her exercises and she should be fine.
She loves her new decor! (Well done Chrissie, and my big sis Mary)

I managed to get away to mysterious Island for a night once we got mum settled in.
We had booked a table at the Tapas night in the Newton Pub. It was nothing short of FANTASTIC!!!
We were in a party of six and we must have tried over 20 different dishes of food and they were ALL brilliant!!
(How on earth do they manage to create 20-odd different dishes.... all Great?????)

Today I worked in the morning (designing, producing and applying the decals for a works van), then took mum some homemade soup for lunch, then went swimming to exercise my dodgy knee, then went for a massage to my sports injury therapist, then made dinner (Plain-Old Steak mince & Potatoes and it was fab!)... Now officially knackered!!

Maybe have an early night? hmmm...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

A busy Gordi is a good Gordi, eh? Glad to hear your Mum is doing well. I've heard hip transplants can be quite painful. (If I remember correctly at this time?)

Keep on working at that knee. Knee pain will often translate up the body to hip and eventually back pain if not corrected soon enough. Good luck!

I didn't get electrocuted today which is a good thing, but did have a brace go out on a door frame and drop on my noggin. All in all...a normal day for the Dawg.

edit on 11-11-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Sorry I missed you Gordi!! I was gone all day. I bought two yellow with orange fancy guppies and one with white, silver and a light and really dark bkue AND a dwarf aquatic African frog!!! SOOOOOOOOO cute!!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well, this night just took a turn for the worse.

I got a message from my ex fiancée. The one who had my child, and whose family conspired to ensure I would never meet my son. The message implied that my son is having medical difficulties, and has been diagnosed with something and my input is required in some fashion I would wager, since the message also implied that the mother wishes to ask me a question in relation to it.

All I can say is, I hope to hell that the child does not require a kidney or a chunk of liver, because although they suit me just fine, I doubt they are in any fit state to be inserted into an otherwise healthy young person. If my concerns in that regard prove flawed, then of course.... Jesus, would you look at me getting ahead of myself?

Because of the nature of the message, I replied right away, but I am considering whether that was wise, knowing the nature of the person who sent it. Literally got this message before bed, and I doubt I will sleep tonight. I am not at all tranquil right now. My serenity has fled.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wow! I am gone for a long time, (Anyone Miss Me?) and I come back here to see that,

@ > Night I am sorry to see that You lost Your Blue Beta. I am happy for You now that You have some replacement fish and a Cool Frog! Pics Please??!!!

@ > TDawg, I'm glad to see that You did not get electrocuted! Even a small jolt on a 110 circuit will wake You up, eh?! LOL!!! I have been there done that too!!! LOL!!! Man what a Rush!!!

@ > Gordy, It's good to see that Your Mom is home and doing well!! I wish the best for Her and All of You over the pond!!

@ > True, I feel for you in your situation!! I hope your Son will be fine soon!!?
I can understand how this would make you feel, and want the goodness to come Your way soon My Friend!!

@ > Phoenix, Good to see You hanging around here in The Shed!! It's nice to have newcomers here!!! Not sure if I officially Welcomed You yet so, Welcome to The Shed!!! It's Great to have You here!!!

@ > EveryOne Else, Wishing You All a Good Day/Night!!!

edit on 11-11-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

TDawg, I'm glad to see that You did not get electrocuted! Even a small jolt on a 110 circuit will wake You up, eh?! LOL!!! I have been there done that too!!! LOL!!! Man what a Rush!!!

Yea, try 240V and see what it feels like. Almost didn't make it once as a teenager. That was when I discovered that my foster mum did not know how to put fuse wire in a fuse holder. She would undo the two screws and wrap a few turns of fuse wire, just like the end bit of sowing on a button.

Man, did it take a while to blow!

P

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Man 240 would definitely Kick some Ass!!! I would have been freakin a little when messing with that Fuse Box!!! Sounds like a touchy situation!!!
We had some 440's for our welders in a shop I worked in for like 9 years. That shop would flood sometimes from the Mississippi River that was pretty close to us. Even in a flood situation,we would still do our welding. That was some Scary S-_T I tell Ya!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your child Dear Friend. They didn't mention what he was diagnosed with and just left you hanging like that?

I'm sure this is weighing heavily upon your mind and can understand why you can't sleep. HUGS!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hello Pheonix and Syx if you're still up!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Hi Night!! Yah, I am still up and online for a little while longer. Nice to see You!!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Hi Night Star. Hope you are having a good day or night as the case me be.

P

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Nice to see you as well Sweetie! Here's a little video of African dwarf frogs. They can get up to 3 inches but mine is really tiny. Soooooo cute!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I was about 14, 240 volts running from a light fitting, through me and waiting for the fuse to blow. Was interesting, in a detached sort of way, taking note of how high the heart beats went, the blood pressure so great you could hear it running through your ears.

Fascinating experience.

P

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think I just identified it as a male. He's pretty much hiding out in the back of the tank but I get a glimpse now and then. LOL! Oh he's moving around. I just love frogs and was thrilled to find an aquatic one I could put with my pretty little fish. And I can give him pellets and dried blood worms and freeze dried brine shrimp etc, instead of live or frozen gross things.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Those Frogs are pretty Cool!!! My Aunt Mikki loves frogs as well! She has dozens of frog statuettes, figurines, etc... Its frog heaven at Her house!!
We had tanks in the past. Fish mostly. But we did have a tiny Crab once. He would sit there looking at us, and move his front arms around in what looked like Karate moves! We named him "FuMan"!! LOL!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join