It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 223
<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
THE SHED STORY... (cont)

The Wizard has been set free, and our merry band are now headed for the Island of Hispaniola, to find the "Treasure" (or whatever is buried under the "X") on the ancient map, which they'd found long ago in the graveyards of Moddar when defeating the Evil One...

Through the swirling fog, the crew could sense the approaching land, and instinctively readied themselves for the order to haul in the sails, and weigh the anchor. The sun was rising to the east, and the fog was quickly thinning to reveal golden beaches, fringed by tropical palms swaying gently in the lightest of breezes. At last, the order came, and the crew burst into action, pulling the sheets and coiling the ropes like the well-oiled machine that they had become.
The Island of Hispaniola now stretched out before them, the dark mountains in the distance stained a golden-yellow by the first rays of the rising sun. The warm, salty, morning breeze gradually replacing the mild chill of the night air that had been clinging to them during the hours just passed.
Gordi consulted the map, and smiled... for it would seem that they were right on top of the beach where the “X” was marked on the ancient map, and their quest might soon be over. He glanced off the port side and saw the majestic sight of the other ships gliding to a graceful stop, and a quick mast-count revealed that the whole company had arrived safely.

Good news indeed.

The order was given to ready the longboats and the crew quickly assembled to make their way ashore.
The looks of anticipation and excitement were all over the faces of the assembled gathering as they made their way up the beach to a large rocky outcrop, in the shape of a crescent moon.
They stopped, gazed at the map again, then deliberately paced out 30 steps to the North East, directly in a line with the edge of the cliff face on the other side of the Beach.

This was it!

The captains exchanged nods and smiles as the order was given...

"We DIG... HERE!"

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Good to see you finally posting in the story Gordi!! The only thing is that Syx changed us from traveling in different ships to all of us being on the same ship. I thought that was best as it would make things so much easier.

Very stressed and worried right now because I have to go to the doctors tomorrow and never know what my blood test results will reveal. It seems I get nothing but bad news every time I go and they want more tests that cost me a fortune. Sigh... I'll get back to the story eventually.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I liked the addition Gordi. It's pretty hard to tie an adventure story with so many contributors, and for that reason, while I still pay attention to the plot, I'll stay in the forest and watch. I think I screwed up others story lines to much. But I did try and I did learn.

Good luck with your doctors appt tomorrow Night. My appt. today was disappointing. A 1 1/2 drive in crap traffic for basically questions that I could have answered over the phone. They didn't even take blood. What a waste of time and gas.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

yeah... I kind of figured that we'd still have the rest of the "fleet" with us though?
Otherwise... what happened to the other boats?

Just got word that Mum is already up walking about with crutches!
Should be home in a couple of days!! Cool!

I think it was mentioned earlier Night...
There's no point in worrying about stuff that you can do nothing about!
Stress about the stuff that you CAN fix... then you get the rewards when you've fixed it!
I know that it's hard and it wears you down and wears you down and.... so on, but worrying about that stuff just makes it worse.
Time to change the mindset! Think POSITIVE thoughts!!! This time (or NEXT time) the results WILL BE BETTER!!
Make it Happen! THINK it True! (Must be worth a try right??)

You're gonna be just fine!
G

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I have spent sooooooo many years trying to think positively, getting knocked down, getting back up again, getting knocked down, getting back up again... Over and over and over to a point where it's getting harder to get back up again and it has done a serious number on me. Sorry I'm such a negative Nancy at times, but I am only human, and this human can only take so much. I pray and put it in God's hands now.

If I went into all the details of all the years, you could surely see why. I'm exhausted from being forced to face things I don't want to face, deal with things I don't want to deal with. All I want...All I have ever wanted was peace. I hate being in such a condition where it hurts me physically just helping my elderly Mother. Sometimes I'm in physical pain and I have learned to live with that, but there are times I end up in tears it is so painful. I need help from people just carrying my groceries, taking me to appointments, helping me to help Mom with things I can no longer do.

I have seen Mark come close to death too many times. I have been called down to Mom's too many times when she wasn't feeling well only to find her sometimes passed out on the floor. When Dad was alive, it was the same thing...calls in the middle of the night and needing an ambulance. I'd get barely any sleep and it was off to work for the day then stopping at the hospital to visit, then seeing if Mom or Dad, whoever was at home needed help with anything. Then my accident and spinal problems and other health problems, cancer and endless poking and probing and appointments and test after test, having to travel to another city sick with cancer, and so exhausted and feeling so lousy I didn't even want to get dressed, never mind get dressed and travel. And my marital problems... It has been YEARS of hell and not knowing if at any moment something might happen.

Sorry.

I thank God for my best friend who made me remember what it was like to laugh, really laugh again, and to all of you who I have become so close with and love and have saved my sanity. It has been a long hard road. I can't help but to feel child-like and scared and vulnerable sometimes. I don't mean to bring others down or bring darkness, doom and gloom here, but real friends are there for us in our happy moments and also our darker ones, and that is what I feel you people are... real friends. So bear with me a while and I shall return with my little light shining again.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

yeah... I kind of figured that we'd still have the rest of the "fleet" with us though?
Otherwise... what happened to the other boats?

LOL, I have no idea. Sometimes our story takes on a life of its own and I get lost and then jump back in and try to follow along.

Very happy to hear your Mum is doing so well.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Sorry your appointment didn't work out well for you. You'd think they would at least order some blood work. Oh well, at least you didn't get any bad news.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Thank you Night Star

I needed that today

P

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Hello Dear Pheonix!

Glad you liked it.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Night Star, you are in my prayers.

Bless you.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Beautiful story. Made me alittle teary eyed.

Tomorrow I will check out your link and read more.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

Night Star, you are in my prayers.

Bless you.

Thank you Kat! Much appreciated.

Our Pheonix is quite a writer! We have a lot of talented people here at the Shed!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Just thought I'd slip by and see what's going on in here tonight because I'm tired and I need to hit the bed NAO!!!!
However, I will leave these here as the fine and joyful musical entertainment tonight.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Good Shed Morning!! I hope today will be Sunny for You guys. Looks like it is going to stay hidden around my place today. Alas......

> Night I hope Your tests all go well for You!

> Dawg, Bummer on Your Doc visit! What a waste right?

> Gordy Nice job on the Continuation of The Story! Great Stuff! Oh, a ways back Night had dropped in an addition and I may have misread part of it. I saw that we had somehow ended up on One Boat! So I just went with it figurin' it would actually be easier for us to be on one, and so when like whoever wrote into the Story, it would be simpler for them to have us all on one boat.(?)
(Maybe Somebody can write their version of a storm that had knocked all of us unconscious except for whoever writes that version? Maybe the other ships had been burned down on shore by some bad boys? Or we can just let it go that this is how it is?
I wrote that the Ship is One HUGE Ship!! It can be like a combination of ALL our boats main/cool features in One Ship!!!!!! Maybe the Wizard arranged it this way for Us because We helped Him? I think that could be written into the Story, somehow?......

My Apologies are Humbly Submitted here if I screwed up stuff when I misread and continued with us all being on one boat.
Maybe if we have to, that somehow where we are all at right now has just been someones Dream? Then we could all get onto our boats, that are still onshore, and we can continue to the island, and go forth with the Hunt?......

I am not purposely leaving anyone out so HELLO To EVERYONE ELSE HERE!!!!!!

(Hope You ALL Heard that!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!)

edit on 7-11-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Hell I didn't get any news, other than a ass chewing by the Doc for not taking my statins.
She explained that with the high number that my triglycerides are at, that I really do need to take the statins. Fish Oil won't work alone. I explained my concerns, told her about my nutritional changes and my worries about being on statins for the rest of my life.

I told her that I would rather live a full life and die young, rather than be in pain all the time and live long. She finally admitted that getting off of statins can be done. So I'm going to chop what I have in half and see how that works for the next two weeks. Maybe I may have to adjust to another statin as well. But regardless, if any of them make me feel lethargic and in pain, that's it...I'm done with them. My next blood work is scheduled again for Feb.

But overall, I have a positive feeling about all of this. Just another battle in life and another challenge to fight through. I look forward to it.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Statins gave me really bad leg cramps and just made me sick. I'm sure I'll get my butt chewed out today for that too. LOL When I was on a low dose I was fine then they upped it and I had trouble and had to stop. They kept trying different ones and no way.

Hello All! Sister is on her way to come and get me. See you all later. Have a great day!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This post is going to be a little bit like blowing your own trumpet, but I just came across a "VisitScotland" video called "You're Welcome" and sat open mouthed for about 4 minutes!!! LOL

I am sooooooooooooo lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world!

I hope you guys enjoy it, and maybe get a wee flavour of what it can be like here?
(...and it's such a small country too... everything is always within a few hours drive at most!)

(If embed of video doesn't work - please try link below)

LINK to VIDEO
cheers! and happy Friday!

G

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Nice! And that is what I love about Europe, particularly Scotland. You already know I'm into history of all sorts. And it is also the same thing I love about the US.

Now if I could only afford a helicopter to flit about as I please.

Richard Branson, can ya help a lad descended from the auld world?

edit on 7-11-2014 by TDawgRex because: Oops!

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hugs Gordi for the great video!!!!!! Lovely, especially the castles!!! You know me and my castles!

top topics

<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join