It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Not sure where everyone is Night. But when I read what ya said about us being a Funky bunch, I thought of The Funky Chicken song!!

LOL!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Not sure where everyone is Night. But when I read what ya said about us being a Funky bunch, I thought of The Funky Chicken song!!

LOL!!!

I thought of Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. Never did like them, but wow has Wahlberg turned himself around. One of the few actors I admire. One of the few that walks what he talks. I don't always agree with what he says, but he stands by his word.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

No, not impatient about replies. LOL I was wondering where the others were...True, Gordi, Cody, the girls, Homer, everyone else.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Yeah, that is one way to look at it, but something smells funny about this, meaning that one does not simply just go on vacation, when school is starting up Monday.

I'm in a funk myself, but it's more of a physical one than emotional at the moment - I'm aching all over right now, and can't be sure that it's from the walk now...tomorrow will be a bit interesting (guess the worst-case is that I'm on ATS all day).

Hope everyone has enough blankets tonight, because it was a really cold one up here; I'm loving the sleeping weather, a little too much.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

No, not impatient about replies. LOL I was wondering where the others were...True, Gordi, Cody, the girls, Homer, everyone else.

The folk in the UK are probably in bed, hopefully dreaming sweet dreams. Haven't seen to much of Homer, Jacy and Tsu though. I did tell Tsu that I wouldn't say, but she did tell me that things were looking up and she couldn't do much if any posting on ATS due to her employment. Hmmmm....mysterious.
. And Jane has swung by (*FlitPoof!*) from time to time.

Muras back as is Crappiecat and Foss.

Maybe it will pick up when the weather goes bad?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I agree that Mark Wahlberg has turned his life into a gold mine! LOL!! Who would have thought! LOL!!
I just pulled my Barbaqued Chicken breasts from the grill so I will be back in a little while!! Ill have some for You and the Others here!!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Yep I bet when the cold really hits that the rest of the gang will return.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Gonna skip on the Chicken Breasts. In another ten I will be having my celebratory Beer Brats due to the Packers comeback! WooHoo!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
I don't know why, but patterns seem to show themselves to me and has actually helped me in the past. When the Shed first started, every one pretty much seemed to be in a happy place. Lately though, not so much. Have we established a bio-rythem here?

That's not a good thing considering that winter is coming on fast. Winter (and the associated holidays) is when funks are hardest to combat.

I suggest that we concentrate on lifting each others spirits, offer sympathy and hope, even more than we already do in the coming months. Let us together turn this around.

Life is life, but we can at least offer support to each other as we have been doing and will continue to do so. Little things help, I woke up today feeling like [SNIP] attitude wise and saw Nights fuzzy dragon and it made me smile. Totally unexpected, and for that I thank you Night.

Hmmm...I already feel a bit better.

Actually Dawg, it was a valentine's day thread that brought us together. Jane was wishing people a happy valentine's day to people and I popped in and mentioned not having a valentine and others came because they didn't either, some did, some didn't. It turned into a place where we all decided to spend that day together and we have been having fun and growing closer ever since. Though my memory could be faulty. LOL

For me, I know what is bringing me down...It is all the things I can't change that I hate and wish I could change. Like not having my husband, he is just a room mate, no hugs or kisses or holding my hand unless I'm freaking out. LOL My Mom almost being 91 and knowing that I have her death to look forward to, which obviously I am dreading, all the medical problems and financial problems and knowing it will get worse because I will have to move from my home of many years that I love.

Yes, we can be here for each other. I have been trying so hard just to feel a little better. Every day I wake up thinking I'm going to make it through this day and somehow , so far, I have. You guys help more than you know. Just knowing that I have been fortunate enough to have met you all and became friends is awesome in itself.

You remind me a lot of my sister Dawg. She is always into the being positive thing which is good. Then again she has money to travel two or three times a year to Florida and Colorado, has a great family and all are healthy and doing well. She is 11 years older than me and still married and cherished by her husband. So things are a lot easier for her right now. She is compassionate and loving and does understand my plight and will not let me give up. So there you have it.

We will all hopefully make it through all the crap we have to endure and we will always be here for each other to help pick up the pieces, offer our love and support.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
YUM barbecue chicken! I'll have some of that!

Oh yeah that's true Foss. Man, very worrisome! I can only pray that she is found soon and is ok. Hope you feel better physically soon.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I didn't participate in the Valentines thread, I have no Valentine, so I don't even glance at that holiday. (Though I do think that once one does have a valentine, it should be celebrated daily)

My family and my own expectations (mainly for myself) are the source of my funk lately, though I think the ISIS thing also had a hand in starting it.

On paper, I should be a happy camper, but I'm not lately. Health and finances are getting better slowly but surely. But I'm not living up to my own expectations, some of it is due to the bad back. I think, I know I can do better.

It's the stubborn ass in me I guess. I refuse to give up...even when I feel down. But I do admit, I hate these periods. (OMG! Did I just say that?!)

BTW, I have a couple of sisters that are A LOT like that as well.They are a blessing.
edit on 14-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

LOL yes you did just say that! LOL

I'm glad that you refuse to give up!!!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

LOL yes you did just say that! LOL

I'm glad that you refuse to give up!!!!!

Glad you caught that sense of humor.

I was worried there for a sec, being a guy and all.

edit on 14-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Hahahaha! I guess that's one good thing about being my age, I don't have to deal with those anymore.

I'm going to get into my nightgown. Night in her nighty. LOL And going to try to find a decent movie and work on the baby's afghan for a while. I shall return later.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

LOL On the Periods Dawg! LOL!!! CC has been done with that for quite a while now. Thank the (God of choice) for that! LOL!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Night, (in her Nighty) I had some chicken for you! Yummm Yummm It was GOOD!!! LOL!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Back in a bit. CC and I are going for a walk...... See Ya's in a while..... Later, Syx.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
OK Then, Walk over. It was good for maybe a mile and a half.
Not much to some, but it was a LONG walk for Me!! LOL!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Night, My Heart goes out for You!! Just know, WE are always here for You!!!

(Well most of the time someone is here, LOL!)

That was a very heart felt writing there Night!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
OK Then, Walk over. It was good for maybe a mile and a half.
Not much to some, but it was a LONG walk for Me!! LOL!!!

Keep pushing yourself Bud. It's painful, but overall good for you.

Remember these depressing words.

"When you stop, you die."

How's that for motivation?

Then again, there is always my sig at the bottom which I wholeheartedly believe in.
edit on 14-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

new topics

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join