It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Last post. Note the time I just saw it. 5:01. 5 Plus 1 Equals Syx....................

edit on 15-9-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
Hey SixPak!
I've stepped into the Shed a wee bit here and I want to say that I appreciated your story, too!!! I didn't mention you earlier only because I've forgotten who all the fine denizens of The Shed are, not from conscious omission.

Peace,
AB

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

We'll be here.

Remember no yelling and breathe deep.

Good luck.
edit on 15-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Hello Family,
I've just been reading to get caught up...oh wow...just wow...

I have another full day ahead of me, of running around for other people...trying to be the light for them...it's like everyone around me is drowning and I have the only lifeboat. It's hard to constantly be there for everyone else...especially when they all count on me to be the perky/positive person who brings them up out of their funk.

The only thing that helps me is writing...and being here with all of you. I know that some people (and partners) don't understand that. We are ALL writers here....both fictional and real life. Writing helps us feel better. We communicate well this way. I NEED it. (I know I'm not the only one).

I love you all, I truly do.
When everyone else in my life has drained me, you are the people who bring me back up out of my funk. I'm so grateful for that.

I hope you are all okay. I can only spend about an hour here before I have to start getting ready. It's likely going to be the best hour of my day. I have coffee, if anyone is around.

Love, love and more love....
jacy

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Well between getting an actual warning from staff for a post I wrote about smoking something, and CC going off, I don't know. Just don't know. BUT I wanted to say HI!! Glad you could drop in.

I am supposed to be off of here, but this place heals me. I wish someone could understand that.

It's Good to See You!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Thank You AB for replying of my story! I really appreciate it!!It's good to see You here!!!

Thanx again, Syx (Mike.)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Syx, this place heals me too.

My partner is dealing with awful depression/anxiety right now. Has been taking time off work (no pay)...and just walked back in the door. The boss said if you're still not feeling well, we can do without you today.
My hour of peace and Shed-time....not so peaceful now....lol....

Is it the big-ass solar flares affecting everyone? I mean, what's going on? Such negativity...sadness...

I find myself 'going through the motions' with people in my real life...doing/saying what they need, but inside my head I am writing. Writing Shed storylines...writing poems....writing things to amuse myself.
I NEED to write. I know you understand.

Like everything else, this too shall pass. I refuse to give up my Shed home...just refuse. It's the ONE thing I do for myself. I don't think it's too much to ask for.

*group hugs*
jacy

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

YES I totally understand!! I feel the same way of this place. For some reason it is a means of escape, Maybe?

Sorry, no coffee here for ya. I am still having some other type of beverage for my refreshment !!!

Well I figure if it Made Bud Wiser, It will make me to one of the smartest M'r F'rs out there, because I have had my fill, and then some!!! LOL!!!!!

(Oops, will that get me another warning?!?!??!?!)

EDIT: I love that Banner!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Thanx Dawg. I really appreciate it........ I am so , maybe drunk, but more than that, confused. I want this place. I want You guys in my life too...... I am glad to have met you ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just confused Bro.........

EDIT: Ya know what?!! Maybe I will post a bunch of crap and MAKE them Boot me!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

lol...it must be working, you are indeed wise!

I just made another pot of coffee...need all the artificial stimulants I can get this morning.

I've watched a couple of movies recently, where the main characters are writers. They just want to be alone somewhere so they can write, uninterrupted. Even though I'm no professional...I could relate.
People constantly talk about all the stuff they would buy if they won money....all I can think about is renting a beach-house somewhere and just write...write...write.
I bet if I had a few months, I could compile the entire Shed story. Yup, that's what I need, lol.

It might be an escape, but personally...I don't think it's an unhealthy one.
Now if only we could get others to understand this, huh?

jacy

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I have been up ALL Night! I do like coffee when I wake, but seein as how I am still up. no need this morn! LOL!!!
The sun is trying to come up here. It is getting light in the sky that I can see from my windows.

I know the feeling of wanting to just be alone to write. As you stated, I am not a Pro either, but love to write!! I find my 'other' worlds can be found at the click of some keys on my keyboard! I love it!!!
Getting "Others to understand this, would be impossible, I fear!
BUT, as long as we understand, I feel it's kool.
It is definitely NOT unhealthy!!!
It's restoring, refreshing, Healthy invigorating time spent!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I didn't reply of your partners probs as of late. I am sorry for that, for Him! Let him know I hope he gets better and all. I know he has heard it all before, but tell him, try to take things one at a time, for a while. The anxieties may subside......

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I lurked on another thread lol, (Hernando's Hideaway by charles1952)...it is somewhat like The Shed, a group of people chatting and bonding. They are all very supportive of each other...so we're not the only ones! They are all lovely members, but instead of writing a story they discuss current events, etc.

Needing other people isn't a weakness. I know that in real life, a few people need me.
I have needs too, but I'm not very good a expressing them. When I spend time in The Shed, my needs are always met. That doesn't happen in my real life.

I have just spent 2 weeks away from here (mostly), and I must say...I don't like it. I also don't like getting resentful, but I do, when my own needs aren't being met. I can't keep giving when I'm not receiving anything. (I mean conversation, story-writing, sympathy/empathy/support, friendship & love).

Being here helps me cope with the real life stuff. It just does...
jacy

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Syx, I keep trying to add a line to my profile that credits you for making my banner...but I can't seem to do it right!
(Also, I sent you a u2u)

I have to log off now (boo hiss!) and get myself ready for the day.
I hope everyone has a good day...will try to come back later...pretty sure I'm going to need a Shed fix, lol.

*sigh* real life is poo sometimes....long live The Shed!

love, jacy

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I know at least that YOU have been Missed! I know the needs thing and them not being met. Sounds like you have been like a target of being a helper Jacy. I know that may sound crass, but I don't mean it as bad. I mean it as that others have seen the love and support that you are capable of giving! It is a God-Send to them I am Sure!!! But I do know the feeling, as I am there as well. Some will continually take, with no give back to You, Me, Others in the same boat.
Speaking of Boats, Where are we all in the story?!?!? Let's get it rocking again!! LOL!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Have a Good Day Jacy!!! Hope you are around later!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
So I was ina Thread about using weed to help a person in her ailments. I said I was familiar with that item mentioned. ALso some other comm's meant for the benefit of the Thread, and It got deleted! SO 2 warnings in an hour. Pretty good I would say ,eh??
Actually I had 2 comments deleted, and got warnings for. WOW what a day eh? LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Good to see you again Jacy. I've lurked at Hernados as well from time to time, but haven't participated because, well, there is the Shed to go to after all. Good people there though.

Here's to hoping the day goes well for everybody. *raises cup of coffee* I think it will be a good one for me. I get to see a Nutritionist (Or is it Dietitian?) in the hopes of getting my triglycerides under control without having to resort to statin drugs.

And I also get to give a chunk of change to the State to get my drivers license and plates renewed. I hate waiting at the DMV/BMV, but always bring a book to pass the time. My only worry there is I hope I'm not to engrossed in it when they call my number and pass me by. But it will help me breathe easier as I always seem to forget that little detail in my life until the last minute. LOL

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Night, It was Skid Row that did that tune!!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Dawg, I know the DMV sucks. I do too hope you don't miss your call!! Where we go it takes about 20 minutes or so, so not too bad I guess...... Good Luck Brother!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Any time a discussion concerning MJ comes up, those who participate in it have to walk a fine line. Anything that even sounds like recreational use will probably get you a warning and the post deleted.

And of course, the Mods are human after all so there is also the individual perception to factor in. I had a thread 404'd a couple of days ago asking a legitimate question about a legal drug derived from THC and too many people started talking about recreational use and a Mod closed it down.

But that thread that you had your hand slapped has been very informative for me.

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join