It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The skyscraper prophecy and the beginning of the end times.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
“The Hour will not be established-till the people of the desert (the camel shepherds) compete with one another in constructing high buildings.”

1. Skeptics deem prophecies about increase in wars, disasters and immorality as being too ''vague'' to be taken seriously, and therefore not enough to identify someone as a true prophet foretelling the future.

However, there are other prophecies that accurately describe events and life in our modern world. One such prophecy that stands out is the one made by Mohammad foretelling that the desert dwelling Arabs - once simple sheep and camel herders living in tents - would be competing in the construction of tall buildings. Today we have what we call ''skyscrapers'', located not just in developed Western cities in North America, but even in Arab lands, places that are once mostly dry and barren with people living in simple houses and tents.

2A. The morality of these lavish displays of wealth are besides the point and out of the scope of this thread. Observant Muslims understand that lavish displays of wealth and extravagance are against Islamic principles. Mohammad knew that 1400 years from his time, desert dwelling Arabs - who according to Islam were to shun extravagance - would be competing in the construction of tall buildings! In fact, it is only within the last 3 decades or so, that skyscrapers and highrise buildings filled the skylines of major Arab cities. The key word here is ''compete'', which in the given context suggests constructions for the sake of status and prestige, as opposed to addressing practical needs. To my surprise, I recently learned that there IS such a thing called a ''skyscraper competition''!

One would have to be either blind or willfully ignorant (and I will absolutely NOT waste my time in dealing with either type).... to deny that Mohammads prophecy about competitions to build tall buildings has been fulfilled 100%. The people of the desert have competed to build tall buildings. Given the prophecy, it is absolutely no co-incidence that the worlds tallest skyscraper, the worlds tallest lighthouse and the worlds tallest clocktower are all in Arab lands.

2B. Whats really interesting is that Saudi Arabia has announced plans to construct a gigantic 1 kilometer tall tower, that would be called The Kingdom Tower

Kingdom Tower (Arabic: برج المملكة‎‎ Burj al Mamlakah), previously known as Mile-High Tower, (Arabic: برج الميل‎‎), is a skyscraper currently under construction in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia....... that will be located along the Red Sea on the north side of Jeddah. If completed as planned, the tower will reach unprecedented heights, becoming the tallest building in the world, as well as the first structure to reach the one-kilometre-high mark.

The recent announcement of the tower has provoked widespread and highly divided reaction throughout the media. Those who support the project see it as an investment that, although visionary, will have positive social and economic effects on the area as well as the country in the long term, while others see it as nothing more than the result of self-centered and attention seeking competition between oil-rich gulf nationsText that will serve no purpose other than as a white elephant, costing more and generating less than expected, if it even gets built.

Detailed rendering of Kingdom Tower cut out to show floors

3. The Arab skyscraper prophecy is important because its fulfillment (among certain other prophecies not covered in this thread)... signals the beginning of the end times. The implications of this is that the timing of the beginning of the end times is no longer a matter of speculation and conjecture. Rather, it has been confirmed that we have been living in the end times for quite some time now.

And God knows best!

edit on 21-5-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Let me get this straight. The bible says arabs building skyscrapers is a sign of the end times. Did I get the basic jist of it?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gusdynamite

Since this person mentioned Mohammed and Muslim, I'm assuming that he or she is referring to the Qur'an in this particular thread.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: gusdynamite
Let me get this straight. The bible says arabs building skyscrapers is a sign of the end times. Did I get the basic jist of it?

No, the Quran, evidently.
edit on 21-5-2014 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

No, it is a prophecy made by Mohammad. That would be the Koran, but the Biblical prophecies for the end times are also being fulfilled.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AnIntellectualRedneck

It matters?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The only thing I can remotely think of from the Bible concerning great luxurious/lavish buildings or whatever, during the end times, is:

Mark 13:1-2 - "And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here! And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down."

Luke 21:5-6 - "And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, he said, As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down."
edit on 21-5-2014 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ahimsa

Ok, but you understand the concept of what a bible is, don't you?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

can we have a primary source for the quote at the heart of this thread ?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Thinking back to a time of a high building ,one wonders about the tower of Babel and how God had confounded that project ..Later we find man making offerings to the different gods on the high places .I would imagine that most tall buildings today have a penthouse for what ever elite group involved .

edit on 21-5-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Mohammad supposedly created Islam due to being fed up with (among other things) corruption, especially in business, so I think one can quit rightly ask -

Are you sure this is an actual an actual prophesy or was it him, thinking of the tales of the past with the fantastic ziggurat City states where people did in fact build high. So how can you be sure this is some kind of prophesy or him just talking about corruption and greed which he knew led to the trappings of very wealthy states and all the inevitable corruption that always accompanies accrued wealth, so more of a lament.

The priests and all the men who make their religion a means of business, prestige and power have a vested interest in people's gullibility in believing in signs of the end of days. Religion is all about frightening people into listening to its staff and going to the holy house to pay your dues. One needs to remember not one of these religious men have ever managed to cure a sick person and their usual input it merely sitting higher than anyone else and talking, actions seem to be missing.

Were this planet found to be hit within a few days by an asteroid large enough to wipe out life, would they prophesies that Allah/God or a deity had wandered through space, selected the perfect stone and guided it to hit the earth? I very much doubt it.

To prove this simply ask yourself how long have we been waiting for either a Messiah to come, or the opposite end of the coin the end of days and final judgement. Its each and every generation since Mohommad's time, Christ's time and the coming of the Messiah since the Jews formed a nation. Other religions talk about reincarnation or nothing after life so are treated with disdain by the priestly class of the desert religions.

If the Saudi's who proclaim such a strict wahabi way of life want to entertain the rest of the world by showing how hypocritical they are about wealth and showing off - good luck to them but whether Mohommad had never seen a skyscraper is quite another matter - he would probably would be like many of us worried about taking the lift to the top - just in case...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
can we have a primary source for the quote at the heart of this thread ?

This link is where I got the quote from.

The prophecy is part of a larger block of text and appears in multiple forms depending on the Hadith, but all of them refer to the same people - the Arabs, who Mohammad prophesied the most about.

Then he further asked, "When will the Hour be established?" Allah's Apostle replied, "The answerer has no better knowledge than the questioner. But I will inform you about its portents.
1. When a slave (lady) gives birth to her master.
2. When the shepherds of black camels start boasting and competing with others in the construction of higher buildings. And the Hour is one of five things which nobody knows except Allah.
Hadith link

Here is another link expanding on the skyscraper prophecy

There are prophecies of 40+ ''minor'' signs of the end times. But I chose to highlight the one about Arabs competing to build tall buildings as it is a rather well known prophecy that several Islamic eschatologists have written about many times before.

See this link for complete list/sources/commentary.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Hmm, interesting thread Skorp. This one while being completely different from anything Christianity says, backs up the belief we have that we are in end times.

As a side - is it not somewhere in one of the Middle Eastern and muslim countries where those really old 'skyscrapers' exisit? v- a city of really tall for their time buildings. I've heard of it and seen the awesome pictures, but cannot think of the name of it for the life of me.

Anywho, it is interesting that your prophet would allude to this. As you have pointed out, Dubai just appeared out of the desert sand, pretty much overnight

*ETA* Something else Middle East related that I'm sure no Muslim would disagree with is that the bible teaches that when Israel becomes a nation again it will be a sign that the end is near.
edit on 21-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I wonder who added "of the desert (the camel shepherds)" into the original verse...

'I am not in need of it, (9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings...

The prophesy is that people will become so wealthy that a rich man will worry that no one will take his money. When he offers it to someone they will say, "I don't need it. I won't need it until people compete with one another in constructing high buildings, or wish they were dead, or the sun rises in the West".

Here's the actual verse:

"The Hour will not be established (1) till two big groups fight each other whereupon there will be a great number of casualties on both sides and they will be following one and the same religious doctrine, (2) till about thirty Dajjals (liars) appear, and each one of them will claim that he is Allah's Apostle, (3) till the religious knowledge is taken away (by the death of Religious scholars) (4) earthquakes will increase in number (5) time will pass quickly, (6) afflictions will appear, (7) Al-Harj, (i.e., killing) will increase, (8) till wealth will be in abundance ---- so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say, 'I am not in need of it, (9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings, (10) till a man when passing by a grave of someone will say, 'Would that I were in his place (11) and till the sun rises from the West.

Quran Explorer

It says a bunch of other strange stuff, too...

edit on 5/21/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

They are completely different books that spawned quite different religions...so, yes, it does.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

Are you sure this is an actual an actual prophesy or was it him, thinking of the tales of the past with the fantastic ziggurat City states where people did in fact build high. ..
the prophecy about arabs competing to construct tall buildings is one of the minor signs of the end. And so was referring to the future, not the past.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I wonder who added "of the desert (the camel shepherds)" into the original verse...

'I am not in need of it, (9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings...

The prophesy is that people will become so wealthy that a rich man will worry that no one will take his money. When he offers it to someone they will say, "I don't need it. I won't need it until people compete with one another in constructing high buildings, or wish they were dead, or the sun rises in the West".

Here's the actual verse:

"The Hour will not be established (1) till two big groups fight each other whereupon there will be a great number of casualties on both sides and they will be following one and the same religious doctrine, (2) till about thirty Dajjals (liars) appear, and each one of them will claim that he is Allah's Apostle, (3) till the religious knowledge is taken away (by the death of Religious scholars) (4) earthquakes will increase in number (5) time will pass quickly, (6) afflictions will appear, (7) Al-Harj, (i.e., killing) will increase, (8) till wealth will be in abundance ---- so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say, 'I am not in need of it, (9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings, (10) till a man when passing by a grave of someone will say, 'Would that I were in his place (11) and till the sun rises from the West.

Quran Explorer

If you read your quote, it says that the prophecy of the tall buildings is point #9 in a list of 11 events. You have combined point 8 with 9 into one statement. As for 'people of the desert', other variants of the hadith use words like ''bedoiun'' or ''sheperds of black camels'' (that species of camel is native to arabia)...those words all point to one people the arabs of the end times.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Here's the actual verse:

Quran Explorer

If you read your quote, it says that the prophecy of the tall buildings is point #9 in a list of 11 seperate signs/events. You have combined point 8 with 9 into one statement. As for 'people of the desert', other variants of the hadith use words like ''bedoiun'' or ''sheperds of black camels'' (that species of camel is native to arabia)...those words all point to one people the arabs of the end times.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I feel sorry for my grandmother, she's been a in her bible for 60+ years and for all those years here so called bible prophecies have been coming true and the end is near... I as an agnostic who knows much of the bible just from research have to remind her that a lot of requirements haven't been met or aren't even close to being met yet... Unfortunately she watches the bible prophecy evangelicals on TV that poison her mind, I really feel sorry for her.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7
In addition, Mohammad may have predicted cellphones. He said a mans hip or thigh would tell him whats going on at home. A man usually keeps his cellphones in the front pockets of his trousers.. The region around his thigh or hip. He senses the vibration over there or hears a sound. And so knows someone is trying to contact him through his hip or thigh.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join