It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-word - Refuses to Apologize

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: missvicky

So we are firing people for having alternate opinions now!

Same crap, other side of the coin! After all there is a reason its called free speech!

Both sides of the argument should be upheld, that's how we form opinions!

edit on 17-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

This is very true as I have often found to my own expense!

Mods are the rule of thumb, we did after all agree to the TnC.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: missvicky
a reply to: FlyersFan

I agree with you and I think the waitress should be fired. I was in a unique position once. I was at work and having a smoke break with two black employees from the same store. They started calling each other the "N" word and I got offended! Should I have reported their racist comments since it was store policy to not indulge in racist behavior? (I didn't because it would have been a circus if I had)

1)It wasnt a waitress. That really needs to be removed from the OP.
2)It was said loudly, in a disparaging way, in a public place.
3)You could have reported what you witnesssed if you wanted.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: missvicky

So we are firing people for having alternate opinions now!

OMG... playing the crybaby victim card again.

We're not firing people for having alternate opinions now; We're firing people for being insulting racist morons.

I'm astonished that this concept escapes so many members. It's very simple...don't use racist, bigoted and inflammatory phrases in public where other's can hear them. And if you are so stupid to do so; don't whine about the blowback. Take some responsibility for your speech and actions for God sake.

eta....just my opinion of course....we are still allowed to have opinions, right beez?

You call me or my lady what Mr. Copeland called Obama and getting fired would be the least of your worries.
edit on 17-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

could you link me up to the evidence? i'm interested in reading it.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
**ENOUGH**

There will be NO MORE off topic posting.

The title of this thread is:

Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-word - Refuses to Apologize

Discuss the TOPIC, not each other, or the staff or site policy. If you have an issue with a post, file a complaint and if it is a T&C violation, then staff will deal with it.

Further violations will result in posting bans.

Do not reply to this post.

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

people have called me all kinds of things, and although i was not happy about it, i didnt try to ruin their lives lol

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

But he represents the law. Enforcing that law, without bias regarding race, is paramount to his job.

Dude...come on. What this man thinks or says in private, in his own home, etc. is his opinion. Your personal opinion has nothing...NOTHING to do with your job. How many people think their boss is an idiot. How many could do a better job than their manager? According to this logic, all those people should be fired too. I can do my job thinking my boss is an idiot. I'm there for the paycheck and it isn't my business...its his.

This man has an opinion that he voiced where he shouldn't but he can definitely do his job without bias.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

that's an excellent point. he used the wrong word for it though. beyond on a doubt. had he said almost anything else, it would've been better received, but using the n word in a derogatory fashion, really, what a poor choice.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

This man has an opinion that he voiced where he shouldn't but he can definitely do his job without bias.

How do you know? Apparently he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut...do you think he wouldn't express himself the same way at work to his coworkers if he is so stupid to make racist comments in a public place.

If find those defending this idiot offensive. This isn't a free speech issue!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

If you wish to start firing people for being racist morons I imagine you would solve the unemployment problem over night!
LoL

I don't cry(much), and im not a baby, all through my partner does call me as such.

i do however call things how i see them N word or otherwise!

"You call me or my lady what Mr. Copeland called Obama and getting fired would be the least of your worries."

Oh by the way i would toe ta toe with you no problem buddy, its all fun and games till someone loses an eyeball, after all as they say where i hail from "It's nice ta be nice!". Kiss, kiss.

P.S why would I call you the N word? Are you black? More to the point, why would me personally calling you as such be offensive? I'm Scottish, if indeed the N word applied to another creed, we, the Scottish people would be the equivalent, we have been invaded, occupied, upturned and dispossessed to other countries as nothing more than indentured servants. See any similarities with slavery there???

Same crap, white equivalency!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

If you wish to start firing people for being racist morons I imagine you would solve the unemployment problem over night!
LoL

I could care less if you want to be a racist moron in the privacy of your own home; In public is a completely different matter. If ANYONE uses that type of language in MY place of business, Id fire their ass so fast it would make their head swim. Do I detect a hint of perhaps a guilty conscience?

If you work for me you treat your fellow workers and customers with respect; and if a customer wants to express himself in an offensive manner, he can take his business elsewhere. Is that a difficult concept?

I also call things the way I see em....

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

What evidence are you speaking of?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: Cuervo

But he represents the law. Enforcing that law, without bias regarding race, is paramount to his job.

Dude...come on. What this man thinks or says in private, in his own home, etc. is his opinion. Your personal opinion has nothing...NOTHING to do with your job. How many people think their boss is an idiot. How many could do a better job than their manager? According to this logic, all those people should be fired too. I can do my job thinking my boss is an idiot. I'm there for the paycheck and it isn't my business...its his.

Can he? He has an OBVIOUS racial bias. Dont you think that at least raises the question as to whether or not he can do his job without prejudice?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

people have called me all kinds of things, and although i was not happy about it, i didnt try to ruin their lives lol
Were they in an elected position?

And a follow up: Who's life has been ruined?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

What evidence are you speaking of?

that caucasians are also protected under the hate crime laws

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

"I could care less if you want to be a racist moron in the privacy of your own home"

Lets understand one another, what exactly do you mean by "if you want to be a racist moron"? One could assume by that statement you mean me.

This is not the case im afraid. I do however know plenty of racists and plenty of morons, this should in no way suggest they are synonymous with one another. I mean after all, some people are of the opinion, round these here parts, that said waitress(All Through that's debatable now). should be fired for expressing her opinion!

I consider that to be moronic!
LoL

"As to having a conscience, its not something i have ever been accused of having much(more the fool me I imagine)! I am what I am!

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join