It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-word - Refuses to Apologize

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

all i found so far, was holder saying that christian ministers who talk against homosexuality and racial groups that don't have a history of violence against them (uh, oh boy), will not be protected.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

all i found so far, was holder saying that christian ministers who talk against homosexuality and racial groups that don't have a history of violence against them (uh, oh boy), will not be protected.
ill say it again: there are no hate speech laws that protect only a single group.

edit on 17-5-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

not answering the question, you are.
if caucasians are not protected, then hate speech towards them is okay.
this is my question. what part of our combined mixed up heritage, stemming originally from africa anyway, is protected if our skin is light? why would the geographical location of my ancestors since they walked out of africa, have any bearing on my value as a human being?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Certain words have been almost completely removed from the lexicon.

The C word for example. If you use that word in public.

You, and rightly so will be attacked especially if it is in front of a woman.

I hope....Not holding my breath. That this word will meet the same fate.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

not answering the question, you are.
if caucasians are not protected, then hate speech towards them is okay.
this is my question. what part of our combined mixed up heritage, stemming originally from africa anyway, is protected if our skin is light? why would the geographical location of my ancestors since they walked out of africa, have any bearing on my value as a human being?
For the third time: There exists no hate speech law in the united states which includes only one group, or excludes certain groups.

The laws do not define what group the hate speech must be direct toward.

I dont know what you think I am not answering. Its plain as day.

Im not sure what your ancestral rant is about, so I cant really respond.....

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Certain words have been almost completely removed from the lexicon.

The C word for example. If you use that word in public.

You, and rightly so will be attacked especially if it is in front of a woman.

I hope....Not holding my breath. That this word will meet the same fate.
I agree 100%.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Bit off topic, but that C word is a perfectly acceptable way of referring to another in certain circles and circumstance where I hail from, that being Glasgow.

I don't use the word, preferably, or around children, but it does not need to be a derogatory comment.

Example "That C over there", "Do ya no, no that C", "Oh that C, a ken him", "He's a good yin that C".

Just saying, not my cuppa tea but who am i to judge!

edit on 17-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

i can't find the information on the who is protected under hate crime laws. does it include caucasins now as well? really simple question.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Both are people with a right to speak their minds. Being a cop doesn't mean you lose your right to free speech. This man made a comment about ONE person, not an entire race, and a waitress decided to get herself into the limelight by making a stink about it.

You are missing the Public/Private. This was a Public Person in a Public Place. Our public authorities/civil servants while in public are required to enforce AND MODEL respect and compliance with Public Norms. It is the definition of public servant whether their constituents are 10 or 70,000. The role doesn't change because the scope does.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

Actually,,,
"niggardly"

definition,,
"reluctant to give or spend; stingy; miserly.
2. meanly or ungenerously small or scanty: "a niggardly tip to a waiter." adverb.
3. in the manner of a niggard.

Origin,,
look it up..

Question is,, is Obama,,niggardly? Is this what he should have said?

Was it about Money?

Origin,, for the lazy

" Origin:
1325–75; Middle English nyggard, equivalent to nig niggard (< Scandinavian; compare dialectal Swedish nygg; akin to Old English hnēaw stingy) + -ard "

Yes that is a dictionary DENOTATION of the word and it's derivation. Regardless of derivation, when used in the context with which it was used, it's CONOTATION, it is clearly degroatory.

AND - And completely irrelevant to the discussion.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

i can't find the information on the who is protected under hate crime laws. does it include caucasins now as well? really simple question.
im not sure how much simpler I can put it. No group is excluded from protection under hate speech laws. This includes caucasians.

Thats the 4th time ive answered now.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Nothing is wrong with what he said and it would be the same scenario if a top official in his/her position referred to a Jewish politician or important figure as a k**e or if they called an Asian ch**k or a Latino a we****k.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You can all call me whitey if you like, I don't care, after all my complexion is rather fair!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Never understood the problem people have with the word Nigger.
Which is not to say i agree with this so-called officer of the law saying what he did.

If you don't see a problem with it, then why don't you disagree with it? Very confusing...

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

That's ok, let me enlighten you, one word, context, plus i could not care less as to an individual's colour or creed. People's actions define who they are and how they will be remembered(Least that's how it should be)! Colour of their skin should be neither here nor there. Which is not to say that Obama is not a crap president, just not a crap N word president.

Treat people how you find them, that's my motto!

edit on 17-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

it's not irrelevant to the discussion if a similar word is being bandied about as if it didn't have the same connotations, and used against people for whatever reason. seriously. the racists on both sides of this topic, have got to get over it and join the rest of us, who haven't been prejudiced since we were kids.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I agree with you and I think the waitress should be fired. I was in a unique position once. I was at work and having a smoke break with two black employees from the same store. They started calling each other the "N" word and I got offended! Should I have reported their racist comments since it was store policy to not indulge in racist behavior? (I didn't because it would have been a circus if I had)

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join