It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-word - Refuses to Apologize

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I agree 100% with your post. The "problem" (I wouldn't call it a problem) is the business of the people who elected the man. He works for them. As I said in my very first post on page one, it's for the people of the town to decide.

a reply to: Justwatchingyou

Yeah... I know.

I find it interesting how so many in this thread attacked the woman who revealed the racist statement, and defended the person that made it. It's the same with the Sterling situation. People blamed V. Stiviano for her part in revealing the racist statements. In fact, I heard Sterling say, "I don't know why she made me say those things" in an interview.

It's kinda crazy-making.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
i am not defending or attacking either one. i'm looking at the broader implications of calling a half black half white person a word that is only applicable to half his body and how that half is protected so therefore the whole is protected from hate speech. it's mind bending to think that it wouldn't also be applicable to his other half as well. lol

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

In my time as a registered member on ATS only one member has openly admitted to being racist
but it honestly only made me respect them more for it.
No false pretense..No smoke and mirror arguments and counter arguments.
Just plainly said it and now I am more than willing to always have open discussion with this member.
For the most part you just won't have people say it for what it is.

Here let me show you something..In our American way of life the LGBTQ community offers an equally polarizing
stance among people..The following link is to a a thread recently opened on the subject of the nfl draft kiss..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The thread is still on its first page even though WE KNOW FOR FACT that it's just as polarizing as the race issue
in our society...Yet most are mum on the subject..People feel more enthused to speak on race because it's easier to hide behind marketing agency approved tag lines on this subject than it is on that one..I have no doubts however that "scientists" are working round the clock to find a solution to that. The current one used heavily is the bible.

edit on 17-5-2014 by Justwatchingyou because: Additional line added.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
so let's say obama chose to be white instead of black, since he had an option. would he still be protected from hate speech? what an odd scenario this favored races thing is causing.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
i am not defending or attacking either one. i'm looking at the broader implications of calling a half black half white person a word that is only applicable to half his body and how that half is protected so therefore the whole is protected from hate speech. it's mind bending to think that it wouldn't also be applicable to his other half as well. lol
its not only applicable to half his skin. Mulatos were considered 'less than',same as blacks.

This is asinine.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

so let's say obama chose to be white instead of black, since he had an option. would he still be protected from hate speech? what an odd scenario this favored races thing is causing.
"chosen"?

Good lord. This thread has officially jumped the shark.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This man sat in a public restaurant and called the President of the United States the "N" word? That doesn't exactly make him an 'alleged' racist. It makes him a full-blown racist.

In all of the professions that require confidentiality, it is known that if you are having a conversation in a public setting such as a restaurant about a patient/client, and are overheard, and if it gets back to the individual, you can be sued for breach of confidentiality.

Any idiot knows restaurants are public places. If you want a private conversation in a restaurant, whisper.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

techically speaking, isn't the n word another way of saying the person is ignorant? have you noticed that as long as the word is ignorant and not the n word, that it's okay to use it? this is ......how do i put this----confusing, as they both have the same meaning and same intent. it isn't socially acceptable to use commentary that degrades another race -- that is the whole point of considering the use of the n word as racist. the whole point is the degradation, not the actual word. so why is this thread full of degradations? are you trolling the white folks here?
edit on 17-5-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Oh, Lord...

African Americans, also referred to as Black Americans or Afro-Americans, are citizens or residents of the United States who have total or partial antebellum ancestry from any of the native populations of Sub-Saharan Africa.

Complete with sources.

Source

Obama is African American. His father is from Africa, his mother from America. You cannot get more African American (or black) than he is.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

techically speaking, isn't the n word another way of saying the person is ignorant? have you noticed that as long as the word is ignorant and not the n word, that it's okay to use it? this is ......how do i put this----confusing, as they both have the same meaning and same intent. it isn't socially acceptable to use commentary that degrades another race -- that is the whole point of considering the use of the n word as racist. the whole point is the degradation, not the actual word. so why is this thread full of degradations? are you trolling the white folks here?

I normally enjoy your comments but i'd say you're the one trolling after that one.

nig·ger
ˈnigər/Submit
nounoffensive
a contemptuous term for a black or dark-skinned person

ig·no·rant
ˈignərənt/Submit
adjective
lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
"he was told constantly that he was ignorant and stupid"
synonyms: uneducated, unknowledgeable, untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, illiterate, unlettered, unlearned, unread, uninformed, unenlightened, benighted; More
antonyms: educated
lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.
"they were ignorant of astronomy"
synonyms: without knowledge of, unaware of, unconscious of, oblivious to, incognizant of, unfamiliar with, unacquainted with, uninformed about, ill-informed about, unenlightened about, unconversant with, inexperienced in/with, naive about, green about; More
antonyms: knowledgeable
informal
discourteous or rude.
"this ignorant, pin-brained receptionist"

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

erm, not buying that. he's half white, his mom was white. that is what i'm referring to. which part of him is protected from hate speech? only his black half? what part is not? only his white half? his whole body is protected because some part of him is black and he chooses to identify as black. so if i identify as black, even if i'm only 1/20th black, am i black or do i have to look black? and why would my appearance have any bearing on it?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Justwatchingyou

if the word is a reference to nigeria, than i don't see it as a bad thing. afterall, nothing wrong with nigerians. if the word is meant to mean ignorant, then that is the reason it's considered derogatory.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justwatchingyou

I normally enjoy your comments but i'd say you're the one trolling after that one.

nig·ger
ˈnigər/Submit
nounoffensive
a contemptuous term for a black or dark-skinned person

ig·no·rant
ˈignərənt/Submit
adjective
lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
"he was told constantly that he was ignorant and stupid"
synonyms: uneducated, unknowledgeable, untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, illiterate, unlettered, unlearned, unread, uninformed, unenlightened, benighted; More
antonyms: educated
lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.
"they were ignorant of astronomy"
synonyms: without knowledge of, unaware of, unconscious of, oblivious to, incognizant of, unfamiliar with, unacquainted with, uninformed about, ill-informed about, unenlightened about, unconversant with, inexperienced in/with, naive about, green about; More
antonyms: knowledgeable
informal
discourteous or rude.
"this ignorant, pin-brained receptionist"

Actually,,,
"niggardly"

definition,,
"reluctant to give or spend; stingy; miserly.
2. meanly or ungenerously small or scanty: "a niggardly tip to a waiter." adverb.
3. in the manner of a niggard.

Origin,,
look it up..

Question is,, is Obama,,niggardly? Is this what he should have said?

Was it about Money?

Origin,, for the lazy

" Origin:
1325–75; Middle English nyggard, equivalent to nig niggard (< Scandinavian; compare dialectal Swedish nygg; akin to Old English hnēaw stingy) + -ard "

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The WORD,, actually means, stingy or misearly,,
ie: niggardly

origin 1300's,,

a reply to: undo

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
.a reply to: undo

All of him is protected from hate speech. Just like all of you is protected from hate speech.

No one race is excluded from the protection.

And you say I am trolling.....
edit on 17-5-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Never understood the problem people have with the word Nigger. White people seem to recoil in terror at its use these days, and Black people sometimes take offence as the case maybe, yet openly use it to describe themselves.

Its a word people, it's going to get used and thrown around, do we really need to fight over it the same way we do religion?

Which is not to say i agree with this so-called officer of the law saying what he did.

edit on 17-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

All of him is protected from hate speech. Just like all of you is protected by hate speech.

really?

does anybody else know if he is correct? do hate speech laws protect caucasians as well?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

All of him is protected from hate speech. Just like all of you is protected by hate speech.

really?

does anybody else know if he is correct? do hate speech laws protect caucasians as well?
you have google. Look it up. No law protects only a single group.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

really?

you have google. Look it up. No law protects only a single group.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join