It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-word - Refuses to Apologize

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: undo
1) he wasnt even charged with a hate crime.
2) youre mixing public perception with the legal system. They arent the same.

The truth of what you are really saying is quite obvious at this point.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

it wasn't the court i was talking about, it was the democratic party and their various branches, who made it into a racial issue. since when is two minorities fighting and one of them ending up dead, the fault of the caucasian guy down the street?

so let's go back to our president being half white and half black. why is one half of him more important than the other half?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

it wasn't the court i was talking about, it was the democratic party and their various branches, who made it into a racial issue. since when is two minorities fighting and one of them ending up dead, the fault of the caucasian guy down the street?

so let's go back to our president being half white and half black. why is one half of him more important than the other half?

1) public opinion has nothing to do with any laws. So, again, im failing to see how you got from a to b.

2) neither is more important. Weve gone over this.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

holder is a democrat. he was trying to make laws that basically ignore hate crimes against caucasians, christians,
soldiers and a few other classes in a similar category. you claimed the law doesn't reflect that ,but here we have evidence that the democratic party went to great lengths to make sure everyone knew that george zimmerman perpetrated a hate crime, whereas similar race on race crime where the dead person(s) are white are continuously recategorized as crimes not hate crimes. so whether it's enacted into law or not, the courts seem to be incapable of calling racial violence perpetrated against caucasians, hate crimes. ends up being the same thing, regardless, from the looks of it.

don't you care about the rest of the americans? i care about both sides, not just one side. i think black people need to see a different face of white america than the one that's being shoved in their face constantly, that we are all n -word users who hate the president and want all black people to be slaves. that's completely and totally incorrect.

i wouldn't call the president the n-word. i know lots of people who wouldn't, even if they may disagree with some of his policies but threads like this suggest it's some endemic genetic anomalie, that not only causes us and us alone, to be racist, but also morons and idiots. i love my family and friends. could you knock off the rhetoric, for their sakes and mine, please.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Okay people pay close attention to other news this is a distraction

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
1) no. Holder wasnt. Read the law. Please. This is embarrassing.
2) zimmerman was neither charged with, nor convicted of a hate crime. The argument is irrelevant.
3) more strawman. Funny that you wont provide a single example of these so called "reclassified" crimes against whites.
4) I dont think anyone out there thinks everyone uses the word. In fact, this case is a prime example showing that most people wont condone it.
5) I have offered no rhetoric. I have directly addressed every attempt to defend this, no matter how ridiculous they are. Do you forget who was the one using the troll label? Do you forget who is the one acting defensively?
Eta: what does it matter who is republican and who is democrat here?

edit on 17-5-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

i'm not a republican, i just lean more to the right on some issues than others. i'd say i'm a moderate demo-repub. some topics though, i'm right of center. now days tho, being center is considered right wing because the democratic party is moving away from the two party system idea and would prefer we just have one party. sadly, this generates a similar concept in the minds of repubs. we don't need one side or the other having complete control, as people cannot be trusted not to abuse that much power. and one of those issues is regards the topic of racial tensions being deliberately built up. i don't want to be someone's statistic. i don't want anyone to be. on either side. what is the reaction to favored races on one side? the opposite reaction on the other side. this would not be even remotely necessary if people stopped voting based on race, and voted on conscience instead

anyway, the issue is, somebody called the president the n-word, even though he's half white, and rather than realizing that he is half white, we're all debating over his black half. why? i have no idea.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
1) political baiting. Not biting.
2) ive answered your question half a dozen times, as have others. A mulato was considered less than, same as a full black person. The n word was used to describe both.

You do know what a mulato is, right?

Thebonly person focussing on his "black half" or his "white half" is you. And, again, its very telling.

Then again, looking through your posting history says it all.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

1) political baiting. Not biting.
2) ive answered your question half a dozen times, as have others. A mulato was considered less than, same as a full black person. The n word was used to describe both.

You do know what a mulato is, right?

Thebonly person focussing on his "black half" or his "white half" is you. And, again, its very telling.

it was in response to your question as to what does it matter who is democrat or repub. the point i was making was, there he was trying to enact a bill, in which, by his own admission, there were only provisos for groups that were historically attacked.

And, again, its very telling.

what does it mean? are you insinuating that i'm racist?

you mean like this:

Healing the African American People
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
1) I am going to say it again: read the law. You are pushing that there are things in it that arent there. That still doesnt answer what political party has to do with this topic.
2) no, im saying that the clinging to weak arguments with no backing, thestrawman arguments, the extreme deviation from the actual topic all bring your motivation into question.
3) yes, just like that one, where you claim that all blacks have ptsd which is why their lifestyle doesnt meet your standards.

That is a great example.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

1) I am going to say it again: read the law. You are pushing that there are things in it that arent there. That still doesnt answer what political party has to do with this topic.
2) no, im saying that the clinging to weak arguments with no backing, thestrawman arguments, the extreme deviation from the actual topic all bring your motivation into question.
3) yes, just like that one, where you claim that all blacks have ptsd which is why their lifestyle doesnt meet your standards.

That is a great example.

when you live in extreme poverty, with rampant violence (which goes along with poverty), you get depressed. it's hard to dig out of that. it was never corrected after slavery and the civil war and the follow up racism, it became generational trauma. i don't mean they have a genetic anomalie. i mean the ones who live in the inner cities, in extreme poverty, are traumatized, which meets the criteria for ptsd.

the issue of political party is that our president is a democrat. democrats defend him, and occassionally, so do other political groups. i mean, i defend him from people calling him racial epithets .

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: intrepid
a private conversation is in private. Not at a public table.

Not even a private table in a public restaurant? A table where privacy is assumed? So no one can have a real 'private' conversation unless they are in their own home alone talking to themselves?

No because privacy is not assumed in a public restaurant. You can have any private conversation outside of your home you wish. But if you are having that conversation in a public space anyone within earshot can be considered a party to that conversation. And if you seriously think that the wait staff in a restaurant isn't listening to what you are talking about I kind of feel sorry for you.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
If anything, this just makes me look forward to AI-controlled law enforcement. I'd rather risk a robot making an error than …

Wait a sec—

Are saying that they don't already have those where you live?
From what I can tell, my area's been using them for a few years now~

edit on 17-5-2014 by 3mperorConstantinE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

1) you arent realizing it, but youre making amy case for me.

2)the only person talking about obama here is you. You are obviously pushing a political agenda. And, to clear things up, im not a democrat, nor am I defending his presidency.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
100 hundred people showed up. Very interesting. Thousands voted him in to office.
a reply to: theantediluvian

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

1) you arent realizing it, but youre making amy case for me.

2)the only person talking about obama here is you. You are obviously pushing a political agenda. And, to clear things up, im not a democrat, nor am I defending his presidency.

you should read that whole thread. there are some really good answers and responses in that.
having been in a coma, and had some dain bramage (brain damage) and the associated feelings of depression and emotional trauma from the event, not to mention a husband who had ptsd, i know what trauma can do to you. impoverished people everywhere, are traumatized every day. every day.

well the topic is about calling the president the n-word, afterall.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: undoYoure still making my point. You are singling out black people as impoverished, depressed, and in need of your helping hand.

Well, I think im done here, unless someone can bring a logical, on topic discussion to the table.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

you addressed that to yamamma. i have myself as first hand testimony that 1) poverty is traumatizing, 2) sickness as a result of poverty and lack of proper care, can lead to even more trauma, and 3) generational poverty is crippling

if the poorest in the nation are not adequately lifted from the morass of poverty, they become a destructive force eventually and in this case, they are being lead to believe it's the fault of the tax payers. not the fault of the politicians who skim huge chunks of money off the top of the taxes, before distributing the rest amongst the impoverished.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join