It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Poll : more than 1 In 4 Adults Worldwide Harbor Anti Semitism

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

I am surprised you needed to resort to HG Wells who is best known for his fiction for your history lesson. My family actually took part in it so I had first hand information when growing up. Many friends of my Grand Parents came over to the UK from Germany after WW1 where they had done extremely well for themselves.

What is it you didn't like was it the reporting of the extremely effective lobbying or the fact I said the Germans nearly starved to death due to the boycott on their goods?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

I am surprised you needed to resort to HG Wells who is best known for his fiction for your history lesson. My family actually took part in it so I had first hand information when growing up. Many friends of my Grand Parents came over to the UK from Germany after WW1 where they had done extremely well for themselves.

What is it you didn't like was it the reporting of the extremely effective lobbying or the fact I said the Germans nearly starved to death due to the boycott on their goods?

Lots you didn't know about Welles then, you didn't even act interested, but hey, that's you for not reading what the man had to say about the politics of the day.

Can't make the horse think about the drink, can we?

The story you tell is a slight variation in detail from what other German apologists say. But then again, what do I know, my family was only from Bavaria.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

why is this shocking? people hate people. so on and so forth.

no, you shouldn't hate semitic peoples. nor should you hate christians, mexicans, handcapped people, Republicrats, etc, etc.

Should it be more horrifying that people dislike jewish people than any other type of person?

Is this a sensationalist headline and conclusion represented here?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

And this whole "occupation" thing, the Arabs INVADED, occupied the land while Jews and Christians WERE STILL THERE. That's the most ridiculous thing, that's like saying after the British occupied the Native American land, then claiming to be indigenous. Do you see how ridiculous that is? No, the Arabs ARE NOT indigenous to Israel, the JEWS and early CHRISTIANS WERE.

The Arabs OCCUPIED after INVASION, claiming to be indigenous. Ridiculous.

Let's try to untangle this Gordian knot a bit, shall we?

Yes, the Arabs invaded what is now Israel, and yes, they occupied it. Nothing special there - The land now known as Israel has been subject to invasions for thousands of years. Heck, even the Israelites originally invaded and occupied Israel, back when it was Caanan. The real problem here, the crux of the issues, is NOT the Israelite invasion, nor is it the Arab invasion - it is religious invasions.

The Palestinians are descendants of the same folk who have been on the land for just about ever. So are the Israelites (I know some jackass is gonna throw in the "Ashkenazi" card, I just KNOW it! Entertain me!) These people were converted in the various invasions, not replaced. As difficult as it may be for you to believe, Palestinians are not Arabs (Arabs refer to them as "al-Filasṭīnī - "the Philistines"... where have I heard THAT name before?). What we really have in the Levant is a family brawl over which symbol goes over granny's door frame after she dies.

I detest family squabbles, especially those over the division of the inheritance when the Old One croaks, and do not frequently involve myself in them. I prefer to honor granny by remembering HER, and leaving OTHERS to fight over who get's her jewels.

They wanna kill each other off over whether a crescent or a star goes on the mantle? Let 'em! When the last one falls, we'll just move that nice African Animist couple into granny's old house. At least they don't kill folks off over which rocks and trees are to be worshiped, because their gods are EVERYWHERE, not bound as if with chains to a particular rock in a particular place.

I support Israel's right to exist. I ALSO support Palestine's right to exist - I just don't support their right to exist on the same patch of land. The problem there is the Palestinians, who DON'T support Israel's right to exist. They don't want a Palestinian State where land is available to put it on, they want ALL of granny's jewels.

It's like a couple of kids fighting over the last biscuit, and neither one doing all the fighting having even been born when the biscuit was baked. Seriously - who the hell insists on maintaining "refugee" status for SIXTY YEARS? The Jews are the only other group I can think of who have done that, and they kept the refugee thing going for a couple THOUSAND years.

I guess it runs in the family.

edit on 2014/5/13 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Israel uses us like a whore: Traficant

maybe there is such a thing as blow back
edit on Tuepm5b20145America/Chicago17 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Tuepm5b20145America/Chicago37 by Danbones because: vid id

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Gee, I don't know ,this seems like the fast track to getting ATS labeled a hate site.
why do that when we can settle it right here on this thread.?
All in favor of the final solution to exterminate all Jews say AYE(or OY, whatever)

That's pretty damned extreme. Does extremism run in your family?

Which part of granny's jewels do YOU want?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

I'd stop being so melodramatic if you'd like a serious discussion to continue.

Just a thought.

Slayer!

You KNOW better!

"Serious discussion" is anathema to propaganda! The objective is to get emotions riled up so that thought stops, and serious discussion cannot be had when thought stops. If you watch closely, you'll see the propaganda fly from both sides, you can actually hear thought grinding to a halt, and the emotions will take over and drown everyone here.

Always happens in ANY ATS Israel/Palestine thread.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Toughens the skin and knuckles.

ETA: Language Warning
Reminds me of this clip. The Star of David tattooed on Vin Diesel's arm is thread-appropriate.

ETA: From the scene "Toughest Guy In Town" Some gangster money has gone missing and some mob-wannabes have come up with a scheme to find it. Hollywood drama on the proper method of 'announcing' oneself.
edit on 1352014 by Snarl because: ETAs

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Not one single Palestinian child is taught diplomacy or peace.

It doesn't look like Israel is teaching their kids much peace or diplomacy either.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

edit on 13-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: nvm not worth it.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I wish to send out a prayer to all those who suffer and have suffered. That they may find solace and peace in their hearts, that love may overcome the hate. I hope and pray that compassion will breed compassion and chase away fear for we only need to fear God and His righteous judgement.

Please, keep this prayer in your hearts so that no other message should over rule and divide this emotion and state of being. May God have mercy on our souls.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
If there's any one thing that should disturb people in this thread ... it is those photographs. Indoctrinating children into the culture of hate is the telltale sign of abject failure. There is nothing that makes my blood boil hotter than seeing kids participate in grown-up problems. Pretty apparent both sides are guilty of perpetuating the nonsense.

Star for your post!!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

I'm also not saying Palestine is innocent or without blame - their actions only exacerbate the issue further. But Israel treat them like animals, barricade them into concrete walled areas and use their vast wealth on weapons and sanctions to essentially destroy them - genocide. Kind of what happened to the Jews in WW2.

Hmm. fancy that, eh?

In 1948, there were 1.34 million Palestinians. Last year, the figure topped 11.6 million. I'd say that Israel fails hard at genocide. They're doing it all wrong when the population increases by a factor of 8X.

Hmm. Fancy that, eh?

Source

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

My answer on the 20 billion is still NO. You cannot guilt us into supporting you. You all are wealthier than we are. thank you very much.

I have to agree there. If Israel needs more money, it should get a job, not walk around with it's hat held out. It's not my week to buy stuff for Israel that I can't even buy for myself.

Kinda reminds me of some of the panhandlers around here...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
According to en.m.wikipedia.org... ,,,
As of 2010, over 1.6 billion or about 23.4% of the world population are Muslims.

Every one of these falls into the category.

I estimate from my own experience about 1 in 3 non Muslims hate or at least resent Jews. That brings the total to over 3 billion and close to half of the Earth's population.

What rock have you been living under that this is shocking to you?

edit on 13-5-2014 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2014 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
After reading this i now know why 25% of people hate the Israely people/nation that was one very enlightning read it now makes sense to me all the hatred

zioncrimefactory.com...
edit on 13-5-2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: yamammasamonkey
According to en.m.wikipedia.org... ,,,
As of 2010, over 1.6 billion or about 23.4% of the world population are Muslims.

Every one of these falls into the category.

I think saying "every one of these (Muslims) falls into the category" is pretty extreme, too. There's nothing quite as general as a generality, is there?

My wife is a Muslim. She is not anti-semitic. As a matter of fact, she realizes that she IS a Semite, and that being anti-semitic would be irrational.

That whole line of reasoning is irrational - but hey, there's a lot to be said for using one hated religion as fodder to bash another hated religion, and try to hide it behind a wrapper of "racism" applied to the target, isn't there?

Keeps the mud off of your own shoes, I guess.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I'd be curious to see an ATS poll on this specific topic. . .

I too would be interested in this poll.Though reading replies here I'm pretty sure of the outcome...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I am Jewish, and I do not support the state of Israel. I believe there have been grave injustices committed against the Palestinian people.

While I am not religious, my ancestry is Jewish as far back as my family can be traced. I have encountered anti-semitism in my life and it is not uncommon to find it in the speech of people I think should know better. In my opinion, anti-Semitism has absolutely nothing to do with criticism of the state of Israel and its policies. I find it to be a more stereotypical attitude with the idea of Jews as money grabbers who control the world (alongside the Freemasons, Opus Dei, Bilderburgers, Skull and Bones, etc). The idea of criticism of Israel as being anti-Semitic is what I consider to be divide and rule techniques - I know plenty of Jewish people who are readily willing to criticise Israeli actions against the Palestinian people and consider this not to be anti-Semitism.

As has been mentioned plenty of times before, the Palestinian people are a Semitic people, and anti-Semitism can also be applied to them. Not all Palestinians are Muslims either; there are plenty of Christian Palestinians. Neither are all Palestinian Muslims extremists who want to see the complete destruction of Israel.

I have a personal friend who was in the PLO, and he and I agree on a surprising number of issues. One of these is the idea that the only real peace that will come about in the region is a 'one state solution', where the Jewish, Muslim, and Christian people live together, with appropriate representation of all in the parliament, and the defacto apartheid state ceases to exist. No internal passport checks and gates for the Palestinians to go into Israel, and no private roads for Israel cutting swathes through Palestinian territory, going into lands appropriated by Jewish Israelis. Perhaps an unrealistic fantasy, but what he and I consider the only real way of achieving peace.
edit on 13-5-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold
that is not a zionist view and sounds pretty much agreeable to those who disagree with zionism
whether that be christian zionism or athiest zionism or what ever

as to antisemitism as criticism of "Jews" as opposed to "Zionists" ( who are the ultimate haters... ):

edit on Tuepm5b20145America/Chicago58 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join