It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Poll : more than 1 In 4 Adults Worldwide Harbor Anti Semitism

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
So those of you critical of the Israelie government, yet not of the people can honestly say then that the government, any government is not a true reflection of the people that they represent?
there isnt a single government in the world that represents the people .. leadersdont give a rats ass about those they are supposed to lead.. the entire lot of them is bloody useless self serving bastards and the people are the ones who pay for the idiocy and greed of the corrupt bastards who lead them .. have neither a need nor use for any damn governmentsor leaders..

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
The problem I see is that while governments are to blame, the people get the punishment and scorn/derision.

And just to point out, policy in America is often argued here on ATS that the "Americans" want this type of government, the majority voted for this type of government; ergo, we have the policies in place BECAUSE that's what the people wanted.

I do wonder if those people who DO believe that government DOES represent the people, feel that way universally.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Sometimes though in anger people blame the people. But when the anger dissipates and logical thought comes to the foreground once more, we realize we cannot place all the blame on the people. Although some of the blame can always be put there, because if any change is ever to be had, it will be up to the countries citizens to enforce it. But when given a little rope governments do like to hang themselves.
edit on 14-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Sometimes though in anger people blame the people. But when the anger dissipates and logical thought comes to the foreground once more, we realize we cannot place all the blame on the people. Although some of the blame can always be put there, because if any change is ever to be had, it will be up to the countries citizens to enforce it. But when given a little rope governments do like to hang themselves.

You ascribe logical thought like it is common as breathing.

Logic has no place in policy making or politics.

I doubt it ever had a place.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

it SHOULD have a place.

And logical thought should also be as common as breathing.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
People have a long way to go before they learn to make the distinctions between the policies of governments and the will of the people ..

Doubt will see that in this lifetime ...

Grown weary of putting people back together because of the idiocy of governments and leaders ..the only thing thats changed over the years are they ways they kill and maim each other over # that doesnt mean a damn thing .. oops time for a beer and attempt to relax been long day here ended up treating a 12 year old kid today who tripped a 40+ year old landminefrom a war that ended long ago .. apologies its put me in rather foul mood at present ..

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
My parting comments on the topic, though I do hope a poll is generated with this subject because I think it would be interesting.

I get upset with many on this site and their posts when they disparage Israel because I come from a position that believes that the government (in a large part) DOES and IS a representative of it's people.

So when I see insults flung like so much poo in a monkey cage, I interpret it as an insult towards the people.

To be fair, I have not been kind in my analysis of America either. I have, in the past, called it a cowards country, a country run by fear, a country that has lost it's way. While I do blame government, I also put the weight of responsibility on the people.

So perhaps it's through my own interpretation that I see and perceive the hatred here on ATS.

I'd like to think that I am wrong in my past analysis of the people and their thoughts. I do try to expect the best from anyone and I do try to return the favour by being as honest and as accurate as I can be.

I hope everyone has a great day/evening.

Cheers.

beez

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
I am not exactly sure where all this hatred is spewing from.. But for the anti Israel club Please find me one modern government that has not robbed and pillaged?
Oh those Israelis are asking for more aid.
So are the Egyptians and Palestinians and Syrian rebels and Turkey I could go on....
As for the grammar nazis, Yes Semites are anyone descended from Noah's son Shem. If you believe in that sort of thing. Yet everyone else in the world seems to know what it means. Hatred of the Jew. Something apparently many ATSers are expert in.

Here's the real issue, this MSM poll nor your OP bothered to clarify anti-semite vs. anti-jew vs. anti-zionism. There is probably very few people in this world that are actually anti-semite. The anti-jew crowd is likely similarly low because contrary to what people think, your average person is not a race hating person.

If you see an uptick in anti-zionism here on ATS, well surprise! you are engaging with people typically more educated in world events and as such are well aware of the criminal actions of the state of Israel second only to the actions of the USA.

I think what burns my hide regarding Israel, they act like spoiled little step-childred that take and take and take anything and everything we give them with nothing in return but more hostility in the Middle East and nothing but bad mouthing the country that gives you so much for free. It's sickening and deplorable and I find the state of Israel to be a long standing joke at the worlds expense.

I typically avoid these types of threads about Israel because there always seems to be an attempt to bait someone into saying they're Anti-Semite when they're not by putting words in their mouth.

All that said, I'm gonna go on a limb here and say. What if there was a race that existed on Mars. Destroyed the planet or the planet got destroyed and fled to earth where they found other similar sentient lifeforms.....just perhaps not the "chosen ones". A war ensued on Earth with great technology with "Weapons of the Gods", and Earth was devastated and the Martians were scattered among Earth looking to find a place to call home..................

..................nah!
.........................right?

edit on 14-5-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Anti-Zionism is not antisemitism and antisemitic does not mean only hating Jews, some Jews aren't Semitic and MOST Semites are Arabic not Jewish . Furthermore aren't the Israeli government as well as Israeli nationalists themselves antisemitic? What about Jewish people who are anti-zionists? What about Israeli Jews that are anti-zionist?

Anti-Semitic is a powerful word, I would say if polled the majority of the world would agree that the Holocaust committed on European Jews was one of the most horrific events in human history. I think most of us privileged enough to have had some semblance of an education walk away from learning about Hitler, Nazi Germany, the Holocaust with a universal knowledge of 'Never Again'. I don't think 'Never Again' only applies to Jews though, why should it?

Funny how that poll doesn't seem to talk about Palestine at all nor how Pro-Israel Statist Jews ignore the large amount of anti-Israel Statist Jews.

I don't hate Jews but if my anti-Israel stance makes me anti-semitic in the eyes of the OP or the ADL, I can live with that much easier than I can live with condoning genocide. Never again. Free Palestine.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I agree.

I think the number is actually a lot higher than this poll suggests. Is it because of "jealousy"?? LOL I don't believe so.
It seems that jew-hating is at high levels and should be polled to find out why. Could this be a sign of a serious problem forming? Do people blame jews for all their problems? Then what problems do they blame jews for?

I think it would be an interesting poll, but probably not the kind of poll for ATS. Too many members would be banned. There so many variances that apply to it. I think the word "anti-Semitism" means as less as the word "racist" these days. I disagree with Israel ever being formed and all the genocide they have committed against the Palestinians. I don't hate jews but I hate jewish supremacists/zionists. There is a difference. It's possible for non-white people to hate white supremacists but like white people, is it not?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
a reply to: nenothtu

I didn't say it was a success. I said their actions and behaviours towards the Palestinians was that of genocide. To effectively TRY and wipe them out through concerted attacks, concrete walls, sanctions, dwindling land space and military assaults. I didn't say they were successfully, which I then implied it was an ironic situation because you would have thought the Jewish people would be more tolerant, given the horrible events of WW2. Apparently not...

You said, and this is a direct quote - "use their vast wealth on weapons and sanctions to essentially destroy them - genocide". No where in that is an attempt implicated. A factual accomplishment is implicated instead, an attempt on your part at propaganda, which fails as badly as the alleged Israeli attempt at "genocide".

You just ran with the word 'genocide' and turned it around to imply they were succeeding which I was not.

What you implied is there for all to read, and it's not what you claim you implied in this attempt to backpedal. I can read. Anyone with at least a third grade education can read what you wrote, and understand your implications.

You're an idiot.

You aren't the first to attempt that assessment of my intellect, nor will you be the last.

Meh.

Thank you for the fine example of what I meant when I told Slayer that this debate runs almost entirely on emotions rather than logic. Name calling is the emotional response that people sink to when logic flees from them.

I'll wear that "idiot" badge you pin on me with pride - it means I won without even breaking an intellectual sweat. You may assess what that implies for your own intellect against an idiot as you desire.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: nenothtu

lol. I could have sworn you said something about not posting in these threads...

Yeah, I did. It's a sickness, like a moth being drawn to a flame (literally, it seems - I get flamed regularly). I can't help but trudge in from time to time to see if they (and that "they" applies to both sides of the debate) can drag me down to their level and then beat me with their experience there.

true that. they keep coming back for more because you said yes once... wont stop hounding you either until you say no a few times. I suppose that's what we will have to do with Israel too.

I do have to say, at least the panhandlers don't come at you with polls on how racist the world is when you indicate your answer will probably be no though. Got to give panhandlers that... they play the woa is me card a little more tactfully. I guess its harder to do that when your one of the wealthiest nations in the world per capita.

Israel just doesn't have the whole "sackcloth and ashes" routine down pat. They need to hide their fortune in the cardboard box they live in down at the dump, and apply some smudges and dirt here and there, maybe pull some of the threads out of their sweater to fray it, before they go out panhandling. It just doesn't work as well when the glint off your diamond rings momentarily blinds your mark.

edit on 2014/5/14 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

How many of those 1% uphold the Jewish religious law? Maybe we should separate the real Jews from the wannabe Jews and then make assumptions about who is Anti-semite etc.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
So those of you critical of the Israelie government, yet not of the people can honestly say then that the government, any government is not a true reflection of the people that they represent?

I think that goes back to who they represent, just WHICH people they represent. As an example, is the current US administration truly representing YOU? Is the US government a true reflection of you?

I don't believe it is or does. You're better than it is.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I would agree with everybody else, negative feeling towards Israel may be high, but thats what happens when a spotlight is shone on the terrible things the country has done. But thats not anti jew feeling no matter how much it works for propaganda.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It's actually a complex topic of discussion.

Firstly, the use of the term "anti-Semitic" is controversial (as others have explained), and most people should be saying anti-Jewish when they refer to hatred/hostility/violence committed against somebody because they are Jewish. One of the problems with the term, and one thing the creators of this poll took advantage of, is the strong association of the word "anti-Semitism" with the word "anti-Israel".

This is complicated by the fact that there exist people who do hate both Israel AND Jewish people, and these are the types of people that get highlighted more by the media.

Secondly, there is a distinction between criticism of the country Israel and hatred of Jews in general. All people that hate Jews probably also hate Israel, but not all people that hate Israel also hate Jews. Once again, the creators of this poll make some great logical fallacies when examining results. Ignorance of Jewish people and their history does not make one anti-Jewish. Failing to pledge support for Israel does not make one anti-Jewish.

edit on 14/5/2014 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is no secret that a lot of people around the world are not too happy about conducting world wide policies by the Zionist regime... This certainly has noting to do with racism or hate towards Jews in any shape or form....Not all Zionists are Jews and not all Jews are Zionists....Disrespect and hatred is the least they can expect from people after all they have done to manipulate the world's affairs for centuries.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I wonder why you started this thread? What sort of reaction did you expect to get (just an honest, open question - not being snarky)?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRM13

I wonder why you started this thread? What sort of reaction did you expect to get (just an honest, open question - not being snarky)?

I truly honestly regret opening this thread. But at least now weI know more about the world we live in and the people who populate it.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I think the political issues in Israel are clearly mixed up with people's perceptions of Jews, regardless of semantics around the term Semitic.

I have doubts over the validity of the initial pole and results, but having an informed discussion on here might help to understand people's attitudes. Because the term anti-Semitic gets bandied around very easily, it can be used to simply shut down any debate.

Not going to disclose my own opinions (trying to be as objective as possible) but I find this interesting and hope that some kind of discussion can continue, without the thread disintegrating into name calling.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join