It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In defense of lazy Employees

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: InvisibleOwl

NO! Thinking that will start the chain of More Lazys running around using This Idea as an Excuese and nothing more.

Might as well toss Pride Out The Window! Companys will shut down and even less jobs. If a Company wants to make it, might as well cut the soap off the rope Now! Get rid of the Lazys Ones and keep Looking. Then you do not Need 50 people working, just 15 and spread the money from the 35 who did not do anything anyways.

Then the Boss Man could actually get a Good Night Sleep and not be so hung up him/herself. That is another True Happyness someday coming my way! Wait just in, Insurance is totally Paid by The Boss! Who's raping Who? Gotta Love Me! Of course I get paid well working and earned a raise also.

I actually felt Bad Accepting it! Wanted to say, I'm Good! Wife went about going off the deep end though. With that, had to come up with a plan. ........................................................ Add 2 more Lazy Peoples jobs to my List! Well more like this, help them for a time and then Drop the Soap! Seems to help some so their @ss move a bit! Who ever said working with Lazys could not be such a Joy in my Life!

Just had to Flip it and instead of asking what happened to Pride in One's Work to Giving it Back in my way! Plus one has to keep The Boss on His/hers Toees too.

Gotta Love Me.

Peace

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
to keep on subject and not give my life story on how hard or lazy i have worked. I will state that a simple old adage "you get what you pay for". If you feel that paying the minimum to an employee while expecting loyality and hard work for gracing your employee with a job is going to get you anywhere your a fool. Employers who pay minimum will always be a revolving door for low skilled and lazy people even if their employees are not lazy or low skilled. Eventually the hard working employees will tire of being underpayed and will seek employment elsewhere leaving the unmotivated with the job. Managers will be brought in to motivate the laborers "with little to no effect" and the manager position will become a revolving door. Eventually the fact they you underpay employees will effect your business when the economy gets better causing employees to mass exit your company and customers to ignore your stores.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
An employer cannot always pay a living wage and benefits. These places, like BK and McDs, need price of the food to be competitive with other chains. Also, if the prices get too high, people will just prepare their own food or buy from store delis. We are talking about free enterprise, the one who can keep their price down gets more sales.

Every employee should do their job or be canned. The work in most places is not hard all the time, most employers are not slavedrivers. A lazy worker causes their coworkers to work harder if they slack off. A person can usually produce and still not be busting their butt. Working efficiently and as a team is important.

I hate workers who complicate the job for others. If they are just learning, that is different, but many go out of their way and work harder not to accomplish things. If this attitude amongst the young continues, everything will be contract labor. The workers will then have to supply their own liability policy, and pay all their SS and Medicare on their own. Also, they would not be covered by workers comp since they are contractors. The employer now pays half of the SS and Medicare. I see this coming in the future everywhere. We will be stepping backwards, all because of greed.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Minimum wage = minimum done ie i would not break sweat

If you value me pay me or get some other mug to work for minimum as i value myself more than 2 work for next to nothing

$ 10 should be the bare minimum that you are expected to work for in the food or retail

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
When I actually had a job, I gave my very best (almost) every day. I just don't have it in me to slack off. It feels sleazy and dishonest. I would often look at the slackers, as I was picking up their slack, and wish I had the lack of a conscience it takes to loaf around. I've just never been able to do it even if I wanted to. It feels too much like stealing and cheating (yeah, exactly what the company wants you to think.)

How was I rewarded for all my extra hard work for nearly 4 years? Well, the company gave me an extra long vacation with about 2 days notice beforehand
and told me I could re-apply and come back to work for cheaper.

However, OP, I think you're spot on. There is little incentive beyond personal values and a sense of work ethic to keep anyone interested in continuously toiling away for the sake of doing it again the next day, and the next. I despise slackers, but I can understand why they do it: it's a mixture of apathy and low pay.

edit on 13-5-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
How was I rewarded for all my extra hard work for nearly 4 years? Well, the company gave me an extra long vacation with about 2 days notice beforehand
and told me I could re-apply and come back to work for cheaper.

My previous job did the same thing. Each year we had to rebid for our jobs, it was generally accepted that you had to bid for less money each year, those who asked for the same pay or a raise were simply let go. It was the new CFO's cost cutting plan. If you didn't bid acceptably low enough you were also let go. I was already working for less than minimum wage, I simply couldn't afford to take even less and still pay rent so... no job at all.

I still maintain however that just because a company is sleazy, isn't a reason to do your best. It's not the customers fault for the business practices of the owner... why punish them?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Each year we had to rebid for our jobs

I didn't exactly rebid for my position. I was laid off and told I could re-apply for a lower position at lower pay--and maybe they'd rehire me if got in line quick enough.

Either way, it's all pretty ridiculous.

Good for all the good owners, managers, and employees out there. Shame on everyone else.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I have worked for many minimum wage jobs and my last one had paid well over minimum wage plus had barbecues in the summer and pizza parties during the year showing the companies appreciation for the employees. We were willing to work our butts off for the company because they appreciated us and treated us well.

The companies who paid minimum wage not only paid little, but kept adding on more and more work. They would lose an employee and not replace them so people had to work twice as hard without raises or appreciation. Huge difference!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It sounds like you have never had the oppurtunity of working a job like this. Otherwise you would see just how relevant pay is.

When I was paid like I was a valued employee, thats when I acted like one. When I was treated like a lazy fieldhand, thats when I acted like one.

Mine is that if I'm choosing to work for a company I'm interested in seeing it put out the best product I can help it make.

OK, now I know you have never done factory work. Every product that comes out of it is the same regardless of how well I pulled my lever or operated my machine that day.

If you didn't want to do the work, then why did you take the job?

I'll explain this one more time to you. There is this thing called money. If I did not need it to live in this world, I would never work for another one of these co**sucking companies ever again. And neither would anybody else.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Gotta say, when I read the thread title I was all " oh hell no". Then I read the argument, Im gonna have to agree 100%.
And if its in contrast to the thread I think it is, then I agree even more.

edit on 14-5-2014 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Yeah, that is what they meant by a jobless recovery, remember when they were spouting that crap in the news?.

The next step is for technology to replace more of the workforce still with better software and mechanization.

The less people there are to earn money to play the game there are, the less demand there is for the goods and services produced.

Frugal is the new norm, as is supposedly recession or depression, they go together.

Why are so many people on assistance?, who benefits from such an arrangement?.

It isn't who or what you think.a reply to: Night Star

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

If this is true, then it would be advisable that people worried about it would seek training to provide them skills that robotics cannot replace.

People who are successful are successful because they adapt and overcome. If that is not what one does, then it is likely that they won't find much success.

It does no good to demand equality when there are no successful efforts at self development in a world where others are doing just that.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Not everyone can be a rock star or a lawyer or whatever.

The low skilled jobs are being eliminated by more efficient management software and mechanization.

Where it used to take 7 people to run a production line it now takes one technician and 7 machines.

The cost of higher education has been artificially inflated in preparation for this and stands to take advantage of the trend without really fixing anything.

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

I have no college education. I will readily agree that I don't have a typical story or set of aptitudes. But college education is not required for success.

My oldest son graduates in December from Texas Tech. That is "his world", and was his direction. My youngest is a high school sophomore. He likely won't go to college, at least not initially. But he has a talent with welding, so I am setting him up to have his own welding business if he wants it by purchasing some welding equipment. You can get some tanks and an arc welder relatively cheap, and make good money contracting with them.

My point is, there are ways to succeed. People have submitted themselves to the system rather than retaining the gift of self determination given by the entrepreneurial spirit.

At one point in the US's history, "equality' related to opportunity, not possession/wealth. Yes, there are some very wealthy people who are given greater opportunity. But there is still plenty of meat on that bone for a stepper with a brain.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i understand where you are coming from but eveyrbody has their own reason for everything
i wouldnt judge people if i dont know their situation

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I should add: i provided a future for my family primarily by becoming extremely proficient with Microsoft Excel. I did this by registering on a few forums and teaching myself all the functions of excel, as well as how to write visual basic macros to extend the potential of excel. Were i more insightful, i would have poured my early years into Access, too. You can use VB scripting to make Access like a whole different program. You can do that with excel, too...but the difference is 2d vs 3d.

My point is, "training" doesn't mean you go spend money. My story is about a man bootstrapping himself. As I mentioned, I realize that not everyone can do what I have done. A lot of it is basic aptitude combined with opportunity. But from my own experience among the sea of low wage workers, so many aren't even willing to try.

I can go dig it out....but there is a link around ATS that can expose you to entire college curriculums that you can access for free. From my own, personal experience, "College costs are out of reach" is a cop out.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
The last crap job I had was night stock at a huge supermarket. I was hired as "part time", they worked me full time using a loophole. Every fourth week I had to only work 39 hours, and they could keep me on the books as "part time". I was always having to work over 8 hours to do the work I was expected to do, sometimes more than 10 hours. I was not supposed to talk to anyone but managment while working, and the manager staggered breaks so two people didn't have a break at once.

Anyways, after over two months of that crap, one of the guys decided to wait up for me in the parking lot, and tell me what the deal. I was hired to replace two fulltime workers that moved on to a bigger branch in the city, and on top of that, everyone else that was working there was making at least 20 an hour. I was hired to do the work of two fulltime people, with no benefits, and at a dollar over minimum wage, 10 an hour. The next night I told the manager to shove his job up his ass and to have fun trying to do the job of two people.

People are expected to do more for less every generation, I don't see it improving anytime soon.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here we go...from one of our favorite ATS educators:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And should those not meet your needs:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

/excuses

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: James1982
Why is it OK for an employer to do the bare minimum, but not the employee? .

An employee gets paid to do a certain job in a certain fashion. If they do it ... they get paid. If they just want to sit in their own juices and not learn more and do better and progress, then it's their own fault for not advancing .. and they aren't treating others as they would want to be treated themselves.

Example - A Burger King burger flipper.

Sure, the flipper could be lazy and take his/her time with filling orders ...and they could slop together the Whopper so it's falling apart and a mess. Technically they might be getting their job done, but in reality they are just pissing on the paying customer and they are sabotaging the employer. It's not only dishonest, but it's self destructive.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeussusZ
You won't hear anyone on their death bed saying their regret is that they wished they had worked harder.

I bet you are wrong. I'm sure there are lots of regrets by those on their death beds saying .... I could have tried harder .... I let opportunities pass me by because I was lazy or self centered. I wasted time and life when I disengaged ... I should have fully engaged ...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join