It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does striving to be a good person lead to higher consciousness?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldie48

You assume that consciousness is "not dependent on having a physical body"

I assume that without some sort of physical shell to anchor yourself, your "consciousness" returns to the soup that is the make-up of everything.

As far as your brain creating perceptions of things for itself, your DNA tells you what attributes your natural predators carry which assists in your flight or fight mechanism. This is why things evolve over time and develop methods of avoiding/fighting predators.

Other than that, every perception anyone ever has is merely relating the current situation to events that have taken place in the past, then relaying that information to your flight or fight mechanism.

The way I see it, some may claim they are "enlightened" and can see energies and things that others cannot. If you ask me though, this are just very observant people whom are in tune with their surroundings and can pick up on small over looked things; Like body language, tone of voice, vocabulary usage, ect.

I highly doubt that anyone physically can see anything that the rest of us can not, unless under the influence of psychotropic drugs.

Even with all this said, we both could be completely wrong. That's the beautiful thing about your consciousness, no one knows where it is physically located, if at all. All anyone can do is speculate, including myself.

I merely choose a path well suited for me, all I can do is suggest the same. Find what works for you and embrace it.

Thanks for the debate, S&F

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i think striving to be a good person and getting nothing out of it leads to a higher consciousness
i think dealing with the repercussions of evil or apathy will lead to an equally higher consciousness
Within a frame of relativity of suffering over time.

The way you suffer when interacting with the world as good evil or neutral will be different

Every person has a different 'path of least resistance' to suffering so to speak.
Striving to be a good person, mixed with a bit of 'everyone is fine the way they are' apathy, is my own path of least resistance to suffering.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join