It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real WEAKNESS of Russia - worth reading if interested in Ukraine situation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: rusblued9217

Niccolo Machiavelli

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: eikmun

Listen to it carefully:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
A couple of points you have failed to mention... The US as very little trade with Russia (6% US in regard to 44% for Europe). Nice cut and past of graphs out of Wikipedia and where is Defence in your export figures? As said, very selective numbers for someone who claims the qualifications you do... also your spelling and grammar is bad for a UK educated person.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reinmax
A couple of points you have failed to mention... The US as very little trade with Russia (6% US in regard to 44% for Europe). Nice cut and past of graphs out of Wikipedia and where is Defence in your export figures? As said, very selective numbers for someone who claims the qualifications you do... also your spelling and grammar is bad for a UK educated person.

You are right the US has very little trade with Russia. What you don't know or haven't mention is the US banks have loaned MASSIVE amounts of money to Russian banks. This a weapon that would ruin Russia's economic system,l recalling of the loans. Russia needs US dollars like every other country.

These graphs are not from wikipedia, its a trusted source used by companies and government agencies. Reports from this source are very important and accurate.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: maghun

I don't get your point. would you rather live under a dictator psycho from the KGB? Every country that associates itself with Russia or Russia supports is a dump.

All eastern bloc countries are dumps because of Russia.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I'm living under mind-terror, and I hope Russia will hear the proposal of normal people and will send to the next "eurovision" a "TANK:

My point was: to confuse. The whole world is only a puppet-show, and I have no doubt that anywhere (Egypt, Syria, Ukraine...) the most part of protesters was good people with good ideas. You can control masses easily, and we have shadow organisers who are behind every big protest (call it NGO's, or name it Soros), but the outcome of protests became rougher. Why and who wants so many human sacrifice and for what?

Propaganda?

Putin Welcomes Kissinger: ‘Old Friends’ to Talk Shop

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well I don't read rt or listen to it. I do read lots of history, philosophy, and anthropology.

I think you underestimate strategy.

China, Russia, parts of the Middle East and Asia are forming close ties and alliances. If you don't understand why this makes the us and Europe nervous then time to read up on history.

Let's get some stuff out of the way. The standard of living in the west is astronomically better. We have much better equipment in our military.

However, war is not about that. It's part of it. Nazi Germany was broke when they nearly conquered the world.

The citizens of the west are much softer than the east. The unrest that would happen from china joining a trade war with the other eastern nations could severely cripple the west. You have to understand the relationship between the CPI, inflation, consumer confidence and supply chains to understand the danger of war with the east.

It's not that Russia could come here and destroy America it's we couldn't outlast them in Europe. China, the Middle East, and Russia could spread the war out so far we would be stuck with a terrible mess. By that time the econmies of the west would tank. Why? Not because of debt but because of the lack of and cost of domestic manufacturing. How many hipsters could go without cell phones and emails etc before moral is broken.

Conversely the eastern unions people in many cases already have rationing and subsitance agriculture. The people themselves as a society are "tougher" and used to living with far less. When the nazi's advanced on Russia the Russian people would burn there own farms to keep the Germans from having supplies. They would lure them deep into Russia until the supply chains would be long enough to attack and box them in.

Russia has many powerful moves that could devestate consumer confidence, stock markets, and could spread out our military.

It's not so simple as a couple lie charts showing how much better it is to be a consumer in the west. That's all these economic facts are showing. If Russia thinks of its people as expendable they don't need to focus on keeping them safe. Where as in the west we do. That puts us at a disadvantage strategically. It's something no one wants and all the gorrilas pounding their chests on both sides have no idea how dangerous this situation is.

The us and Europe could not handle a war with the eastern alliance and still have the same society we do today. Period.

The economic graphs don't explain what would happen when western consumers stop having cheap Chinese supplies and news of casualties. Both sides have plenty of power to destroy each other's. Don't fool your self with ethnocentric pride

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

edit on 13-5-2014 by Luthierbrown because: Double

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Luthierbrown

A real war is coming.

It is no longer about consumer goods and cell phones.

The war will be very destructive when large swaths of land will turn unproductive. Factories will be destroyed and farms will burn. A significant part of world population will die of hunger.

The human greed and hatred has crossed the boundaries of sanity. The leaders are unable to see beyond "power". The humanity has forgotten God, forgotten that peace can be kept only when people are kind and humble, and believe in serving. We are seeing a time when self-interest is running rampant in the world. Such time always brings destruction.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadiationAndCancer
a reply to: rusblued9217

HHHehehehehhhehehheeh

your avatar is exactly how I picture you, cunning amoralist

You are suspicious to me, because of your bias, but even if that wasn't the case. Here is the thread where you are on the record for saying you don't think violent organized protestors in Kiev had ANY western support. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why should anyone consider you to a legit source of information, when you are so desperately uninformed.

And now to crash your pretty little thread with the truth and why US will be the one to collapse not Russia.

Laughable, this attack dog with the nonsensical bites.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadiationAndCancer
a reply to: maghun

There is a very old saying

He who digs unjustly a hole for another to drop in.

FALLS INTO IT HIMSELF.

I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever, that US Empire will not last the next 10 years.

I would stake my life on it.

But I am cheating a little, because some aspects of the future, are known to me, I can't explain further. Has to do with spirituality and stuff, too complicated to go into.

'Radiation and Cancer' -- that does seems to sum up your desirability.

The above post is almost word for word what you said when derailing my thread -- your silly proverb and then a vague suggestion that you can prognosticate the future.

Maybe it would be better if you renamed yourself 'Rasputin' -- he too was a morally bankrupt Russian mystic who ranted and raved, spewed insults, and espoused illogical viewpoints.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reinmax

Your spelling and grammar are bad...

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: rusblued9217

...He may have enhanced the wealth of Russia, but the vast majority of this is due to soaring commodity and oil prices in international markets. He has failed to invest in developing Russia as an independent manufacturing power, and as a result Russia remains highly exposed to international commodity price shifts, he has not enabled domestic consumption to increase that much due to high wealth concentration amongst the elite, capital which has largely flowed out of Russia into London.

Thank you for this wonderful thread rusblued!

Anytime people present a factual argument on these forums with some sort of framework for response, it is very admirable.

Having read your entire post, I would generally have to agree with the portrait you make of Russia.

I think their main hope (and a very realistic one with the right economic reforms) is to develop their Internet technology and services industry. Russian programmers are still among the best in the world.
edit on 21-5-2014 by ALoveSupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ALoveSupreme

I disagree.

Russia started from a very weak position in 1991 and thinking that Russia would somehow magically transform itself is illogical.

It is a fact that Russians wanted the Western lifestyle, not factory jobs. The rush to westernise had to come on the back of natural resources. How would Russia become industrially competitive overnight?

You have to be sensitive to the context when you say something. The context in Russia had a crumbling and outdated industrial infrastructure that existed in Soviet times. It is natural that Russia will take time to come up to the contemporary standards. This was difficult also due to changed aspirations of people who overnight saw themselves as Western and wanted to match that lifestyle.

In fact I am positively surprised that Russia has been able to recover key parts of their high-tech industries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join