It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real WEAKNESS of Russia - worth reading if interested in Ukraine situation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I do believe Putin wanted that naval base,the rest is a ruse to harass the west and probe our reactions.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 7918465230

Hello I would like to announce the ACOGs for poor vets who's income is below the poverty level won't you help a vet today?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: 7918465230

Hello I would like to announce the ACOGs for poor vets who's income is below the poverty level won't you help a vet today?

Which one? I've got the TA01NSN with RMR on top. Love it. Got the Elcan specter DR too. Love that was well. And yeah, I might. In a couple months, if this stock I've invested heavily in get's approved by the FDA, I'll make a killing. As in over a few hundred thousand most likely, at least. So if that happens, I've already promised my friend a Rolex if it pans out, beings he gave me the tip, so what's an ACOG? I'll get you the best one if it get's approved.
Not promising anything yet though, as the stock could easily either not be approved, or not go up for some strange reason when it does.

And thank you for your service. Although, I might need some documentation first though, as watching Don Shipley's channel of outing fake Navy SEALs is getting crazy, there must be A LOT of stolen valor nowadays. No offense.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: rusblued9217

HHHehehehehhhehehheeh

your avatar is exactly how I picture you, cunning amoralist

You are suspicious to me, because of your bias, but even if that wasn't the case. Here is the thread where you are on the record for saying you don't think violent organized protestors in Kiev had ANY western support. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why should anyone consider you to a legit source of information, when you are so desperately uninformed.

And now to crash your pretty little thread with the truth and why US will be the one to collapse not Russia.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Did you know (of course you didn't, that's above your paygrade) that the reason Oil prices are high is because of PETRODOLLAR

Petrodollar means that most of the world's oil has to be converted into US dollar for trade, and that means US FED is able to print US dollars to service US debt without Hyperinflation destroying the country.

But don't you worry my friend. Chickens ALWAYS come home to roost.

Here is a chart your ancient counterparts Roman Empire couldn't figure out either.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RadiationAndCancer

Are russia and china still using the petrol dollar? If they left and used different currency would that have a massive effect on the USA economy...I did economics at school 25 years ago so please enlighten me

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Are russia and china still using the petrol dollar? If they left and used different currency would that have a massive effect on the USA economy...I did economics at school 25 years ago so please enlighten me

Russia and China don't use Petrodollar between themselves, but keep in mind, Russia and EU still use Petrodollars for massive gas and oil trade.

Europe does it because EU is a biachh of ECB and IMF and they are just arms of US Federal Reserve. This stuff goes way back. Old School.

And Keep in mind, that all Arab oil produces are chums with US and OPEC is all PetroDollars.

Europeans will not drop the PetroDollar until one day they have to.

Arabs will drop the petrodollar when one day they realize US is not there from them anymore.

When that day comes.

US will have hyperinflation, collapse, Civil war, and because I am such an objective SOB and even though I like Putin, I will still add, at that time, Ruskies would probably use this chance to attack US in many ways.

Call it payback, call it whatever,

I call it WW 3

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Doh!
Cheers for the well informed reply dude.
You have taught me much today

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

NATOs violent, high-risk seizure of the Ukraine was driven by several strategic military objectives. These included:

1.) The ousting of Russia from its military bases in Crimea – turning them into NATO bases facing Russia.

2.) The conversion of the Ukraine into a springboard for penetrating Southern Russia and the Caucasus; a forward position to politically manage and support liberal pro-NATO parties and NGOs within Russia.

3.) The disruption of key sectors of the Russian military defense industry, linked to the Ukrainian factories, by ending the export of critical engines and parts to Russia. The Ukraine had long been an important part of the Soviet Union’s military industrial complex.

NATO planners behind the putsch were keenly aware that one-third of the Soviet defense industry had remained in the Ukraine after the break-up of the USSR and that forty percent of the Ukraine’s exports to Russia, until recently, consisted of armaments and related machinery. More specifically, the Motor-Sikh plant in Eastern Ukraine manufactured most of the engines for Russian military helicopters including a current contract to supply engines for one thousand attack helicopters. NATO strategists immediately directed their political stooges in Kiev to suspend all military deliveries to Russia, including medium-range air-to air-missiles, inter-continental ballistic missiles, transport planes and space rockets (Financial Times, 4/21/14, p3). US and EU military strategists viewed the Kiev putsch as a way to undermine Russian air, sea and border defenses. President Putin has acknowledged the blow but insists that Russia will be able to substitute domestic production for the critical parts within two years. This means the loss of thousands of skilled factory jobs in Eastern Ukraine.

4.) The military encirclement of Russia with forward NATO bases in the Ukraine matching those from the Baltic to the Balkans, from Turkey to the Caucasus and then onward from Georgia into the autonomous Russian Federation.

The US-EU encirclement of Russia is designed to end Russian access to the North Sea, the Black Sea and the Mediterranean. By encircling and confining Russia to an isolated landmass without ‘outlets to the sea’, US-EU empire builders seek to limit Russia’s role as a rival power center and possible counter-weight to its imperial ambitions in the Middle East, North Africa, Southwest Asia and the North Atlantic.

Analysis

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: maghun

There is a very old saying

He who digs unjustly a hole for another to drop in.

FALLS INTO IT HIMSELF.

I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever, that US Empire will not last the next 10 years.

I would stake my life on it.

But I am cheating a little, because some aspects of the future, are known to me, I can't explain further. Has to do with spirituality and stuff, too complicated to go into.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You've done a great job with this thread. I think Putin didn't expect the pro-EU sentiment to grow so strong and all of this has been reaction to protect too large of an investment to lose. It really makes no sense otherwise. This type of imperialism (the overt, I'm taking your stuff kind) is far out of fashion geopolitically. I came across this article a couple of weeks ago, which I think connects some dots as well.

As conflict rages in Ukraine and Arctic relations become frostier Russia has tipped a Crimean shipyard as the new construction site for their polar supertankers.

A spokesman for Russia’s United Shipbuilding Corporation confirmed the plans Wednesday to RIA Novosti.

Russia’s newly acquired Zalyv Shipyard in Crimea’s Kerch port is large enough to accommodate the size of slabs needed to construct the massive vessels, which can exceed 150 000 tons

I look forward to seeing more from you, welcome to ATS

edit on 5/11/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Reply to rusblued9217

Excellent presentation of interesting and informative facts……….. i've learn't from this today..

Regards

PDUK

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: rusblued9217
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Russia has seized economically worthless territory, Crimea is poor and very reliant on agriculture, I bet they can't wait for the corruption they will receive at the hands of Russia. Also the strategic importance is relatively unimportant too, Turkey which is a big NATO member can simply close the Bosporus to Russian passage, hence the Black sea fleet is trapped in the black sea, great..

Putin has embezzled vast sums aswell for his own personal gain. His approval numbers may be good at the moment, but just wait til the economic stagnation and possible decline begins. Those subsidies to poor regions will stop, and then discontentment will just build and build.

The west is in this for the long game now, I think Putin assumed they wouldn't be, maybe the first of a number of costly misjudgments.

I agree but with the Crimea thing. Crimea has a very large port, Trade route =income. opens for them to start direct shipments along northern Africa with out needing to be out in the open sea and be influenced by outside sources lots of other reasons as well.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I am not an Amoralist, I simply can see how the world really works.
If you closely read all of the comments I made on the aforementioned thread then you will realise I did not claim the west had no involvement, I actually stated:

"Yanukovych is at fault for the collapse of Ukraine, he should not have embezzled huge sums of funds and should not have installed "yes men" as his ministers and regional governors, he deserved to be overthrown. I don't doubt that western intelligence agencies were involved to some degree, but they were just capitalizing on massive discontentment in Ukraine, they were just acting opportunistically in the situation, like the FSB would act too.

By the way I am in no way in favor of Yulia Tymoshenko, or the Ukraine joining the EU. The EU is a collapsing entity which has been destined to fall apart since the day it decided to have fiscal eurozone union without political union, absolute disaster!

Also I am British (ethnically Russian), and hence I am inherently euro-skeptic. I despise the EU.

But i don't want people to unjustly blame ONLY the west for the collapse of Ukraine, it is largely due to Yanukovych and to a smaller extent the actions of Russia and the west.

But the west didn't make Yanukovych steal millions and shoot protesters (well maybe Russia influenced the shooting & certainly turned a blind eye to the embezzlement, a MASSIVE problem in Russia)
[/i]"

You are misinformed and reactionary friend.
The US is in an AWFUL fiscal position, i have never ever said it WASN'T, you assumed that in my recognizing of Russia's inherent weakness I am giving tacit approval to the west, no.
I am here to show you what is really going on in Russia, and it is economically weak, far more than the US.

In Russia, the top 0.000001% control 35% of wealth. 110 Billionaires own 35% of all GDP. Now that is unequal (even compared to the monstrously unequal US). Link .

And if anyone would know about that it is Credit Suisse, a highly amoral investment bank who can count no doubt many of those 110 billionaires as its clients!

So I have shown that not only did you incorrectly read my post on the other thread, in which i state that western intelligence agencies undoubtedly capitalized on the revolution in Ukraine, but I have also shown that Russia is far worse off than the US.

If you believe me to be some form of western apologist you are incredibly misinformed.
Also I was demonstrating that considering just how reliant Russia is on hydrocarbon/commodity exports, they are exposed massively to sanctions against those economic sectors, as they need to import the tech to extract resources.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: St0mP121

This is true, but a port doesn't change the fact that Russia has a relatively undeveloped consumption base in its economy, due to incredibly unequal wealth distribution. 110 billionaires own 35% of wealth
Credit Suisse would know, many are their own clients!

What many should realise is that the Russian elite are wholly more corrupt than western elites (amazing I know considering the western elites are already morally bankrupt).

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I feel for America because it was once the beacon of the west, however it truly is in imperial decline.

The only question is whether it manages the decline well, or tries to hang on to no.1 spot.

The British empire managed its decline because it realized the game was up, and the US would be the new no.1.

The US needs to do the same, else it will go the way of the Spanish empire, debt-ridden, morally bankrupt, war stricken and heavily weakened.

I fear it will follow the Spanish path.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadiationAndCancer
a reply to: maghun

There is a very old saying

He who digs unjustly a hole for another to drop in.

FALLS INTO IT HIMSELF.

I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever, that US Empire will not last the next 10 years.

I would stake my life on it.

But I am cheating a little, because some aspects of the future, are known to me, I can't explain further. Has to do with spirituality and stuff, too complicated to go into.

Do not spoil the story too much for me. I am trying to make my own speculation/calculation based on information here without getting the whole story spoiled from those outside more than they already have. But then there is a reason why I enjoy life to the fullest now and already think of my savings as worthless.
edit on 11-5-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Apologies, the thread was just in regard to Russia's fake economic strength, which is wholly reliant on high Oil and commodity prices, driven by China (which is on the verge of its own banking crisis + real estate bubble POP).

But the Russian military budet for 2013 is here

You can see it pales in comparison to the US or China, but it still a respectable 3rd.
However this hides real weakness yet again, lets look at spending per soldier.

According to security affairs consultancy INS Aerospace & Defence.

The totals are in U.S. dollars per year, per member of the armed forces.

—United States $381,306
—United Kingdom $330,810
—France $231,934
—Russia $83,478
—China $77,712
—India $35,732

Hence it is clear Russia has a large military, but spends less than 25% of what the US does on each soldier, so their training and equipment is far less superior.

Hope this awnsers your question

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I have to disagree with your post. The only one that is losing this are the western powers and already they have lost in Syria.
edit on 11-5-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Why are you disagreeing with my post?

And why bring Syria into it?
I have not mentioned Syria, and by suggesting that you seem to have assumed that I support the west ALWAYS and mindlessly back western aims.

I take an objective look at all situations, size them up, discover the facts then come to an opinion.
If you think Russia will win then you are deluded.
Russia is only strong as long as oil and commodities are high and as long as they can import the tech to extract them, if the EU and the US stop the export of extraction technology then the Russians wont be able to develop new resource assets.

Assad will win in Syria, and for the better, A state in the middle east run by Islamic fundamentalists like ISIS or the Al Nusra front is never a good thing.

Don't judge a book by its cover.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join