It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Openly Gay Football Player Michael Sam Drafted by Rams

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: markosity1973

And if you watched when he got picked, it panned to him at home and what I assume is his boyfriend/partner was there with him.
If that is his type then the guys in the NFL locker room have no worries.
He is far from what a NFL player would look like.

I never said anything about his past performance, or his probable future performance on the field. All I mentioned was showers. Thanks for putting words into my mouth (or you're idea of what I might have been implying), and thanks for getting your panties all in a twist, over literally nothing.

Nice try.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
reply to: ketsuko

You were the one who suggested he may cauae team strife by him having romances with fellow players first not me.
I am asking you why you think he willndo this?
Why even think it?

I didn't say he would. I said if he did.

Because of his orientation, the team is now effectively co-ed. That is a fact.

As yourself this - If he were actually the first female NFL player drafted, would you be giving me flack for posting about possible locker room romance? If not, then what's your hangup about me pointing it out here?
edit on 10-5-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I'd be more impressed if he was 5'7" and was a place kicker. Who cares if he is gay? Not too long ago we were making a big deal about the first black qb? Who cares if he is black?

Well I think that's kinda the whole point. Nowadays I don't think too many people give a rat's ass about black players. Back in the day, it was a big deal.

This is kind of a turning point for gay people in sports. Imagine being the first openly gay person to be accepted. It's a big win for the gays. It's a statement that times are changing and it's no longer necessary to hide who they are.

I think it's actually pretty cool to see how much things have changed in the last 100 years, and someday someone is going to say 'Well remember when it was a big deal there was a gay dude in the NFL?'

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, it's not really Coeducational because he is still a Male, because there are still Gay players that haven't come out publicly the only thing that is different is he is open about his Homosexuality

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 7918465230

Why would the showers be awkward unless it was sexual?
I just didn't dance around the bush like you did, I didn't put words in your mouth. They were already there you just didn't say them

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

, I didn't put words in your mouth. They were already there you just didn't say them

That is absolutely hilarious and proves my point perfectly, not only about this subject, but about others such as racism etc.

People like you, argue in such a way, as to where you can read something and see/hear whatever you want, and know immediately that person (in your mind) is homophobic or racist etc (whatever), and you try and turn that to your advantage in some argument you made up all on your own. And to top it all off, you all seem to think you've won something in some way. You're like a virus.

People see what they want to see. You saw a homophobic response when there was none. I was simply stating fact, and making a joke all at the same time. If an openly gay guy showers with a bunch of straight buff/athletic men, then there's going to be some awkwardness. Sorry if you don't believe that, and sorry if you are seeing things in my comments that aren't there. It's you, and people who argue in the same manner as you, who has the problems, not me.

I am neither homophobic, or racist, but if your asserting as such, that would mean I've been called both in a matter of a couple days, whilst at the same time saying nothing homophobic or racist in any of my posts. People of the politically correct generation seem to label anyone nonconforming to their exact ideology, especially on the said touchy subjects I mentioned, and then get a severe case of panty twistage over something THEY DREAMT UP in their own mind.

So at that point, who has the problem? I didn't say anything wrong, YOU thought it, and chastised me for it.

I think that method of arguing stems from sheer stupidity, along with quite a few other mental disorders. Funnily enough, homophobia and racism, in some cases, might even be in there too. I argued with a guy the other day who was obviously asserting I was racist (because I said I believed neither Donald Sterling, nor Charles Barkley said anything wrong (racist wise) and he immediately saw (again, in his mind) that I was racist, and proceeded to argue, like a complete idiot, with me about it for quite a while. I found that not only was he unbelievably stupid, but while black, obviously racist towards white people. All that, and he had the audacity to call ME racist, lol.

This is what I'm dealing with. Like I said, you people are like a virus. A plague.

That being said, I would like to thank you for making it so obvious with your comment. Otherwise, this would have been very hard to explain.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I was simply stating fact, and making a joke all at the same time. If an openly gay guy showers with a bunch of straight buff/athletic men, then there's going to be some awkwardness.

Ya sorry I can't take that as a fact, I believe that we have come farther then that as people.
I believe grown men can be tolerant enough to be able to be in the same shower area as another man that is gay.
Especially when they are at their place of work where they get paid millions.
I think can withstand the dreaded shower situation.

Maybe it's cause I can wrap my head around the idea that he may not find any of those men attractive...

That being said, I would like to thank you for making it so obvious with your comment.

Your welcome, and thanks for showing your true colors

edit on thSun, 11 May 2014 01:01:27 -0500America/Chicago520142780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: 7918465230
a reply to: Metallicus

Wonder how awkward the showers will be after a game/practice, lol.

Really? Like really really?

I'm sure he wouldn't have made it this far by perving on fellow team mates.

*News Flash to straight men*

I'm sorry to bruise your macho egos, but by being gay it does not automatically mean that every male we see we find attractive.

really, like really, oh my, good to see those who support gay people missing the entire point, pfft

In that case us men should all be allowed to shower with women in the change rooms, as it surely doesn't mean us men are all going to pounce on the women....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

the lengths these people will go to who have a phobia of homophobia, mahahahah

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

No more awkward than it would be without him in the locker rooms.

Unless you play for the Rams, you don't have to worry about being in that locker room, therefore your opinion really doesn't matter. If you want to hear a valid opinion, go talk to Michael Sam's team mates. If they don't have a problem showering with a gay man, then you shouldn't waste your energy worrying about it either.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Again even if it was a female I wouldnt automatically think "oh no the team will have a romance in and lose all the games" you are the one jumping to that conclusion...I worry because I think you are talking from experience and either have attempted to bang all your co workers or have not said anything and just think like that all the time.
Bit creepy and odd.
edit on 11-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I play water polo every other week and in my team we have 3 gay men and I shower with them after the game and I want to know why none have jumped me in the shower? because some folk think that being gay = ravenous sexual appetite which can not be controlled.
As a gay fella is it because Iam ugly?
lol.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
This guy is nothing more than a two bit whore! If he is in fact even gay, I would be insulted by him if I was a member of the gay community. All he is doing is using this recent movement to manipulate the NFL to draft a person that they other wise would not have. Remember the good ole days they would choose players by there ability and not there ideology or life style. Nobody could give two hoots of a monkeys ass what this guys sexual orientation was. But now because of him they are forced to treat him differently. Because before this he was your average football player. But now he is the first openly gay football player. if he wouldn't have said anything nobody would have cared if you got drafted or not but now because he said something he knows that is he didn't get drafted he could ride this wave all the way to the beach.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Haxsaw

really, like really, oh my, good to see those who support gay people missing the entire point, pfft

In that case us men should all be allowed to shower with women in the change rooms, as it surely doesn't mean us men are all going to pounce on the women....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

the lengths these people will go to who have a phobia of homophobia, mahahahah

*Rolls eyes*

If you've ever been to a gym then you've been in a locker room with gay men. Army guys shower with gay men. It happens and apparently, no it's not the same as shared male/ female facilities because we can keep ourselves under control.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
most men don't want to shower with gay men the same way most women don't want to shower with men, not because they all think they are going to be raped, so get over yourself and your phobia of homophobics

we can all play semantics in an attempt to get what we want, a lot of straight people are sick of the feel sorry for me im gay card, or look he looks like hes scared of gay men he must be against freedom, so imma play the oh look he looks like he's scared of people who don't like gay men, freeeeedoooooom.

zzzzzzzzzzz

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Haxsaw

So you are the voice and opinion of most men? are you scared of showering with gay men? is it because you may like it? or is it because they will not look at you in that way?.

Oh please If you are scared of showering with other men who are gay you are no man at all.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

oh you ask me who am I to say, then you try to tell me im scared of gay men, lol, quite the opposite, I was alluding ot the fact that you and others try to say people who don't LIKE gay people means they are scared of them, it's not the case,they need help that's my opinion, and I'll voice it just as you've attempted to voice yours, yes I think homosexuality is a sickness , so deal with it.

Not only that, you then go further in your erroneous assumptions and say that not only am I scared of homo's but that I am no man at all, and you have the audacity to ask me if I am the voice and opinion of most men? sounds like you think you are, and that would be another one of your erroneous assumptions.

let's face it, most men don't want to shower with gay men if given a choice, and let me borrow some of your mislead semantics and say you are no man because you are clearly scared of homophobics.

excuse the pun, but don't try to shove homosexuality down peoples throats, nor try your transparent attempt at semantics to suck in the weak minded

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

All my pals don't give a rats arse about the sexuality of other men.
You are obviously a bigot and that is your right, this is about acceptance, fortunately this will help the gay community get more acceptance, in this case sports.
If you have had a communal shower with other men you have showered with gay men...bet you didn't even notice.
An illness? show me any evidence of that please...not just your bigoted views on it.
You do know gay is natural and many animals show gay behaviour.
Scared of homophobes? nope I actively engage them and show them the error of their ways.
You should get out more and meet gay folk just the same as you and me.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

oh so it's only when the gay men are stronger and out number the straight men that that applies, lol.

So if a group of stronger body building women don't want to shower with a single weaker straight guy they should be frowned upon and called menaphobics, get real, again the attempt of semantics to gain sympathy for homo's wont work on me, try it on someone else, I'm sure you will.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Also who told you it is an illness? was it because you had homophobic parents whom you copied or was it a Priest at church whom fed you all that nonsense? or was it in a school yard when you were a kid? was there a gay dude at school whom you did not like..I want to know the reason for your bigotry.
Oh and ever see that study in where they showed straight men homosexual imagery..the self confessed homophobes actually got turn on by them...you in that group?.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

your gay? and all yoru pals don't care about showering with gay men? what a surprise lol, if you're not gay I still lol at that attempt

and again with the semantics, if im a bigot for not wanting to shower with homo's then youre a bigot for having a phobia against homobphobics, enough with the sematics already, im sure they've worked on the weak but i'll have no part in it.

im not interested in what you class as evidence of homosexuality being an illness, as it's clear from what you've said that even if GOD came down and told you that homosexuality is an illness you'd then call GOD 'evil', so you go and look for that evidence yourself if you're truly interested.

gay is natural for humans because some animals have taken part in it before? so I see a male tiger kill a bunch of baby tigers and now I have justification for killing kids right? wow so blinded by science and semantics it's not funny.

Im not intrested in meeting gay folk, unless they want to try and deal with their illness like a real man

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join