It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family, Friends Of Dead Home Invaders Say “They Didn’t Deserve To Get Killed.”

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
To all you "shoot first, ? later" folks, I'm glad I'm not a member of your family using the restroom in the middle of the night. You might just "Pistorius" my ass.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

I'm in another country, one where we use non-lethal means of deterring intruders and where we don't fear that everyone else has a gun and wants to kill us

Well those kids, who were Americans, must not have got that memo.

I Blame our Schools for that, since everyone wants to shift the blame.

Personally, I think that anyone who does break into another persons home SHOULD FEAR that they have a gun and want to KILL them.

Maybe if those kids had that fear, they would have gone back home and not broken into the place.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

C'mon now Doc......stop twisting their own words.

They do a fine job on their own........LOL

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

So, you hit them in the head with the baseball bat, and they end up a vegetable at the local hospital. Great job I guess.

Or, your "blunt force trauma" causes their brain to swell, and they die from internal bleeding.

At least you didn't use an evil gun.

Thank goodness for baseball bats..........

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Actually our society is doing fine and we vote for our independence this year so we are all rosy here but thanks for asking.
See this is where the disconnect comes from you guys, we want to have free universal healthcare because we know accidents happen and people get ill so we make sure that everyone gets treated whether rich or poor, it's a cost which we don't mind paying because we know that anyone of us could fall on hard times through illness or injury.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: abdctd

Most gun owners aren't as stupid as that particular gentleman... Or perhaps homicidal? Jury will decide that, I suppose...

An intruder in my home, has taken his/her life in their hands. Will I shoot? Maybe, maybe not... Depends upon whether or not they're smart enough to leave when I confront them, or they look like they might attack me, or mine...

It'll be their choice. ...and the consequences will be on their heads, not mine.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Great for you.

Guess you don't need a foreigner telling you or your fellow citizens how they should live their life, right?

Seeing as that vote for independence is your countries vote to make your own decisions, I find it hard to believe that you champion this for yourself, but then stick your nose into the business of others.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This tread shows the difference between the smart and the stupid.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Sheesh you guys... Its like watching two little kids in a school playground... some serious head knocking together would not go amiss around here methinks?

This thread was going on quite well until all the Brit Vs Yank crap... which is starting to become quite tedious for the rest of us other members who started to actively contribute to this thread.

If you want to carry on your playground squabble can't you create a thread called for example "The boxing match"?

Leave it out gentlemen (or ladies) and lets have an enjoyable, mature and intelligent discussion about the original topic no matter what our country of origin is...

Please?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 6/5/14 by Rodinus because: Crap grammar

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789
Here's what I don't get.

It was the actions of the teens that determined the outcome of this situation, not the home owners. The homeowners were just the facilitators.

Personal responsibility sometimes means your bad choices could lead to your death.

That is the bare bones of it. Fairly easy to understand I thought. I guess not.

We can't have personal responsibility, our society would fall apart. It's much easier to blame others for our own personal bad choices and behaviors. Everyone feels better that way.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull
Now that attitude deserves respect. You are obviously a responsible gun owner. Not everyone is as level-headed as you sir.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

I agree I've gone too far in this thread but i just hate to see people advocate the death of a fellow human because they make an error of judgement/peer pressure or any other mistake. Anyway i enjoyed the debate, no hard feelings to anyone and all the best.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Oh, I forgot you are in charge.

Any other edicts I need to be aware of?

I am not going to dance around certain subjects. I will be blunt and unapologetic on my approach.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Thanks for the complement...

But I think you'd discover that most people will react much like me. There are a few who'd open up like Rambo, but most would not.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I always get a good laugh at those that think predators should be given a pass or families shouldn't use adequate force to defend themselves. And I say predators, not criminals, as it is a mindset (always going after the "easy" prey) . . . not a statutory matter. I equate these people to those misguided childless adults that think they somehow know how to raise kids better than those with children or constantly criticize parents for how they act toward/around their children.

Just as with the parental "know-it-alls", most people have never been in a situation where they needed to act (and now), in a potentially life/death situation. (Or the even worse feeling of having to defend loved ones.)

They make grand assertions about the "sanctity of life", "kids don't deserve to die", "it's just material possessions . . . let them take" . . . etc. These statements all come from a place of ignorance and have no bearing on the reality of whether these "kind souls", so worried with the lives others, would act in that way confronted with their life (or the lives of their loved ones).

Hell . . . cops are trained to "deal" with these predators everyday and most of them don't even act the way they say they will or follow training. I've been professionally trained in CQC, handgun, rifle, etc., as well as, practicing DaitoRyu Aikijujutsu for over 20 yrs. I can, legally, carry or conceal a firearm where ever I go . . . yet, I don't. I don't keep a gun under my pillow or have in hidden in a cabinet in every room of the house. I have, however, been in serious personal defense situations, twice. Both times, had I had a gun, it would have been tempting not to use. Both times, I improvised for a weapon . . . both times, I was sued by the poor attacker. And they later continued their behavior in the same city/state. So, yes . . . sometimes two to the chest is the cleanest way to end a situation/predator and just move on.

I say . . . I'm glad two predators have been eliminated from the gene pool.
edit on 5/6/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Thanks for the complement...

But I think you'd discover that most people will react much like me. There are a few who'd open up like Rambo, but most would not.

Exactly...

I mentioned in the beginning of this thread that personally I would let my dogs loose first or aim for the knees... maybe I should have also said that I would warn the intruders or if that did not work, fire a warning shot to let them know I am serious before taking the last step and harming the intruder.

Sadly the word kill has been used too much here and not the word "prevention" or "disable"

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

As a fellow Jock, I see where you're coming from with some of the points you've made. However, when you mentioned independence like it's a good thing, you proved without a shadow of a doubt that you are, to use a Scottish phrase, MENTAL!

That said, if you want to support the "Scottish Nazi Party" that is your right, no matter how misguided.

Back on topic:

Serious question for the Yanks. Why is it that every problem seems to be solvable with a gun in the US? When I lived among you for 6 months around 2002, I met some truly crazy people who, of course, had the right to own a gun (and for the record, I mostly met responsible gun owners) and for a few of them there was nothing a gun couldn't do. And I just don't understand that kind of attitude.

Rev

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: DeepImpactX

So, you hit them in the head with the baseball bat, and they end up a vegetable at the local hospital. Great job I guess.

Or, your "blunt force trauma" causes their brain to swell, and they die from internal bleeding.

At least you didn't use an evil gun.

At least they're alive so no one has to hear their families cry about how the death was unwarranted.

You break into my house and I suffer those consequences and I suffer them while I'm alive. Get caught and you will suffer the consequences but you will suffer them while still alive. The punishment fit the crime.

Guns are necessary when all else fails.

It's obvious that you were never trained to fully incapacitate a person without doing lasting harm that could legally be construed as a crime. In other words, you were never in the military. I 'haven't had to do that in many, many years and I don't plan on doing it again. But I know how if I have to. In other words, I would take care of business old-school when it's determined the person in my house doesn't have a gun. That's what men do.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: revmoofoo

As a fellow Jock, I see where you're coming from with some of the points you've made. However, when you mentioned independence like it's a good thing, you proved without a shadow of a doubt that you are, to use a Scottish phrase, MENTAL!

That said, if you want to support the "Scottish Nazi Party" that is your right, no matter how misguided.

Back on topic:

Serious question for the Yanks. Why is it that every problem seems to be solvable with a gun in the US? When I lived among you for 6 months around 2002, I met some truly crazy people who, of course, had the right to own a gun (and for the record, I mostly met responsible gun owners) and for a few of them there was nothing a gun couldn't do. And I just don't understand that kind of attitude.

Rev

I don't think that the statement that we think every problem should be solved with a gun is correct. CCW classes pound into you that you are not to draw your weapon unless legitimately in fear of death or injury and that a CCW has the reasonability to avoid conflict at all cost lest it escalate.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: revmoofoo

I'm not wanting to go off topic but I'm not voting for SNP and am not an SNP supporter in the slightest but an Independent Scotland that decides it's own future is not a bad thing imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join