It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family, Friends Of Dead Home Invaders Say “They Didn’t Deserve To Get Killed.”

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

Personally I have a shotgun and rifle... IF i was unfortunate enough to have to use a firearm it would be the shotgun at below knee level which would be more than enough to stop someone in their tracks with one cartridge (grade 6 buckshot) and make them think twice before pointing an eventual firearm at me making me have to fire again.

What if the other person has a gun? If someone shot me in the legs and I still had the ability, I am emptying my clip into the person that just fired on me. It's not like you have a lot a time to analyze the situation and choose the proper course of action. You do the thing that eliminates the threat from existing to you.
edit on 6-5-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
We have a saying here in Murica...

Rather be judged by 12 than buried by 6.

I would never want to take a life. But, I would...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Short answer is no. Our Constitutional right to Bear Arms does not include having to take a course.
No does it state one must posses a license or permit to own or purchase a firearm.

It took Progressives reinterpreting the 2nd Amendment to get the ability for States to ban/restrict certain firearms and require a permit to carry concealed.

But, I will say this. European countries are definitely ahead of the curve when it comes to suppressors.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: revmoofoo

Palace duty sounds a lot like being assigned to work at the pentagon.. No thanks.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Palace duty is a great honour. The only down side is the stupid tourists that try to make you move/smile/talk. I'd have liked to have had a go at it, especially after all the marches I had to learn and didn't use much, but I had other duties.

Rev

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: jjkenobi

I too would shoot intruders inside my home. My family doesn't deserve to be raped and/or murdered.

Paranoia....Much.

In 99% of cases were an alarm is set up, the thiefs will run away if triggered, they hate loud sounds, a simple sign "Beware of dog", "Alarm installed" or "enter property at own risk" will make thiefs think twice.

There are so many other ways to protect your self, familie or property than guns, works well in countrys without guns.

I placed a gun free zone sign in my living room window and on a bumper sticker, I was robbed twice in three months at gun point.

Be they rapists, Klan members, burglars, or the mentally insane; every criminal mind knows that guns work better in a country with out guns...

It's a lot easier to rob a law abiding citizen when the law places limits on the citizen a criminal by definition will never follow.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: revmoofoo
a reply to: macman

Palace duty is a great honour. The only down side is the stupid tourists that try to make you move/smile/talk. I'd have liked to have had a go at it, especially after all the marches I had to learn and didn't use much, but I had other duties.

Rev

Sounds more like our Army brothers that guard the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Personally, I never liked being in my dress blues. BDUs all the way. Come to think of it, I don't like getting dressed up now days either.

Pentagon work was/is very politically driven, and the outward appearance meant more then substance.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Little chav twats deserved what they got got.
edit on 6-5-2014 by Steshd72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4
a reply to: TDawgRex

Last time i checked I was debating with a fellow UK poster so the context of my post that you were commenting on was based on UK law.

Maybe so...but you replied to me.

No prob.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
S&F!

Yes They Deserved to Die...

Mainly because they were mortal and for no other reasons! Mortal people don't get to escape death!

However they increased the number of reasons by being burglars and fate dealt them a lethal blow because of that!

Justice has been served!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I too would shoot intruders inside my home. My family doesn't deserve to be raped and/or murdered.

Oh wait, am I supposed to sit down with the intruders for tea and find out what their intentions are after they've broken into my home?? Nope.
That's my position as well...

Where do these saps get the idea they can come into someones house uninvited with no repercussions??? Is that what their parents teach them??? Apparently...

There ought to be signs in every elementary and high school that tell kids if they go into someone's house uninvited, they may end up in the graveyard...That they can legally be killed...

And knowing that, whoever doesn't heed the warning deserves what he gets...

But how many of these parents, even on ATS are badmouthing homeowners who WILL protect their property to their kids instead of warning their kids to choose a different lifestyle than stealing which can rightly have very deadly consequences???

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The problem is that if your house is being broken into, and you grab your gun and go to confront the perpetrators, you don't know if they are going to shoot you immediately. At night, in a dark or semi-dark house, it takes some time to attempt to figure out who has a gun and who doesn't. And by taking that time, it could cost you YOUR life, even though you are not the one doing anything wrong, as you were in your own house minding your own business.

So even if they didn't "deserve" to get killed, you cannot fault the shooter for pulling the trigger. It is a shame that some don't blame the criminals themselves. Yes they lost their lives. But it is more of their own fault than the shooter's, considering a person is entitled to protect their home.

Think about it like this: If someone were breaking into my house, I would assume that if they were willing to break the law in that instance, go that far, that they very well might wish to kill me as well. I cannot know why they are breaking in. Should I have to go freaking ask them if they plan to kill me before I can shoot them? Use your heads people. Every second you don't pull the trigger, you could potentially be placing yourself in more danger. Why should I have to place myself in more danger, or take any chances at all, when I have done nothing wrong? When I am thrust into a situation created by criminals?

So they didn't deserve to die, but does anyone really know what their intentions were? They could have been planning to murder everyone in the house. Or maybe they weren't, but say they got spotted, and then decided to eliminate the witness? It has happened before. Not all murderers were planning on committing murder. So there are all these possibilities, and despite the fact that the criminals lost their lives, it does not change the fact that they were criminals whose intentions were not clear to the shooter.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Kill them while they are leaving and it is murder.

Kill them while they are entering, or have entered,
and it is justified.

I don't care where you live or what law you are under,
Human law says you can kill to defend yourself against
imminent danger...not in retaliation after the danger
has passed.

edit on 6-5-2014 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Here we go with the bloodlust and the salivating and the excuses for killing people again....

....only in America!

Except this time it wasnt PRE MEDITATED OR recorded apparently. And from what i gather not a excessive amount of fire.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rival
Kill them while they are leaving and it is murder.

Kill them while they are entering, or have entered,
and it is justified.

I don't care where you live or what law you are under,
Human law says you can kill to defend yourself against
imminent danger...not in retaliation after the danger
has passed.

Exactly.

Though if the perp has raped or murdered one of my family, I probably wouldn't hesitate to shoot them in the back as they were leaving.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be thinking to straight at the moment.

This is not the Bryon Smith thing all over again. It's a totally different case with similar circumstances. Especially where the home owners did everything right.
edit on 6-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It is very sad that the teenage boys are dead but they weren't the victims in this role.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
Cause it's very difficult to buy a motion sensor that turns on the light if any unwanted person enters your property.

...the homeowner should have to buy something beyond a door lock to keep undesirables out of his own property now? Really? You're making the argument that the homeowner should have taken steps to protect the lives of the thieves? The same theives who effectively announced personal forfeiture of their desire to remain alive when they decided to risk breaking into a home with an occupant willing to remove them from the gene pool? The onus of protection of the offender now falls on the shoulders of the victim?

Sheesh am I ever glad I don't live in your world!

To answer the OP, don't ever play your hand until the last guy has called for it. The lack of certainty is almost a more powerful tool against the criminal waste of space than the best firearm is. If they know what they're getting into before they enter a residence, the element of advantage the homeowner holds is lessened and the perp has the ability to prepare a plan. If they are uncertain, having no idea if they're going to deal with a baseball bat, a pistol, a shotgun, a homeowner with a compound bow, or even a resident with a dozen straight razors lashed to a kitchen broom, then they have no advantage of planning and the home's protector holds all the cards. Just food for thought.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Here we go with the bloodlust and the salivating and the excuses for killing people again....

....only in America!

SHOOT/DON'T SHOOT?
What is pure self defense?
The castle law with the stand your ground law explained!
Your home is you castle and you have a right to defend yourself and other innocent people within your home from
a criminal attack that, in a reasonable persons mind could cause serious physical harm, death or rape.
With the stand your ground law this now also applies to outside your home as well with some exceptions.
The average police officer is involved in wrongful shootings about 11% of the time and the average CCW person about 3% of the time.
I am a retired officer from both federal and city duties and have been an instructor and coach for more then 30 years as a civilian and in the military.
I will answer when to shoot questions and explain the reasons why from the first three people.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

....only in America!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
All I can say is if they are armed the time it takes you to speak can make you dead…the only reason police come in screaming is for shock effect because it's not just one of them…safe to say if you have broken or forced your way in you've crossed the line and the penalties are stiff and unpredictable.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join