It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family, Friends Of Dead Home Invaders Say “They Didn’t Deserve To Get Killed.”

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

No I bemoan American violence and am angry at America because of that very reason. America was the land of the free, the great and the good but you have lost your way in the last 20 years and I'm sorry but I've had enough of it. You're a gun happy nation that only cares about no.1 and their family & screw everyone else.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: mclarenmp4

So, you bemoan American Culture, all of our violence and firearms and poverty and such, yet have an American Hero as your Avatar.....and live in the UK.

Ever heard of the term, "Your doing it wrong"?

Just how confused are you.

You're clutching at straws mate.

Only to show how much your guys stance sucks.

Get it??? Straws.....suck....drink.....

Ahhh, I kill me.

But, nice try really. I truly like your responses. Keep them coming.

You really gotta feel like the kid losing when playing battleship. You know, when the other person has found that you lined up all your ships in a row, because of the lack of non single dimensional thought, and they pound away on you.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
They didn't deserve to get killed. Aww, what a shame. People don't deserve to get robbed, either. If they didn't want to get killed, maybe they should have stayed out of other people's houses.

We're judging people on what criminals "deserve" now? I guess it's okay to rob someone as long as you know going in that you don't "deserve" to get killed for doing it.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Who's scared? I carry a 45acp 1911. I'm farthest from being scared.

Whoosh, point proven.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Live in the UK? You actually have a right to use deadly force to protect yourself in your house that is more lenient on deadly force than in some "liberal" US states.

Exactly the law in the UK just says "reasonable force". Reasonable force that you deem "reasonable" at the time. Thats a very very low bar and one that basically means do what necessary as long as you don't kill someone running away, who has clearly surrendered or been definitely rendered immobile.
edit on 6-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
Last year I got a new door mat for my front door, it reads.....Do to the high cost of ammo their will be no warning shot!

I want one of those. That's excellent. And it's fair warning.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

No I bemoan American violence and am angry at America because of that very reason.

Then don't take the criminals side since they are the one's creating the violence, not a man protecting his family.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here's what I don't get.

It was the actions of the teens that determined the outcome of this situation, not the home owners. The homeowners were just the facilitators.

Personal responsibility sometimes means your bad choices could lead to your death.

That is the bare bones of it. Fairly easy to understand I thought. I guess not.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Could have fooled me with the amount of bloodlust spewing out from people in this and the other threads.

Newsflash .... people protecting themselves against criminals who break into their homes aren't 'bloodlusting'. Your position on this is bassackwards. Those breaking into homes are the 'baddies' ... not the people protecting themselves against the intruders.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Actually all I am seeing is the same 5 or so people acting tough and starring each others posts.

It's a self-reinforcing delusion.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It's also the type of thing that lends itself to becoming "exhibit A" when the parents of these criminals take you to court for damages.

In some states a mat like that will play fine. In others it paints you as a bloodthirsty sociopath laying in wait for any poor victim to waltz in.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

No I bemoan American violence and am angry at America because of that very reason.

So, to show your anger, you have an American Hero as your avatar.

Yep, makes perfect sense.

America was the land of the free, the great and the good but you have lost your way in the last 20 years and I'm sorry but I've had enough of it.

Well, thanks for being angry for us. We really need more upset Brits for us Americans.
Let me know when you guys sign a petition, to really show us that you have truly had enough.

You're a gun happy nation that only cares about no.1 and their family & screw everyone else.

Well, seeing as our country was designed for "Individual Rights" and not a collective/hive mentality, I don't see the issue.
Oh...you equate the Govt providing crap to people caring. Okay, I get it.

Again, thanks for the anger and the fed up'ness. Can you put it into an envelope and send it over here?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Yes they did! I know the family is mourning but their kin was idiotic and broke into a persons home. Sorry, but yes, they deserved it.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

You truly don't get a half sarcastic response, do you.

Seeing as that you don't live here, your stance and take is basically a bucket of big poopies.

It really doesn't have much use, it stinks and no one really wants it.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Family, Friends Of Dead Home Invaders Say “They Didn’t Deserve To Get Killed.”

They shouldn't have been there in the first place. In Amerika, one has to expect that homeowners will be armed.
If you don't want to get shot, don't break into houses.

edit on 6-5-2014 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You have the right of self defence but only using "reasonable force". So if you murdered someone just because you felt threatened by their presence and they had no weapons then you would likely be jailed because murder does not equate to "reasonable force".

You are confusing "Murder" with "Killing". If you think that they are the same thing, go back to school. They are not.

If I shoot some one breaking and entering (a violent act by the way), I would be killing them, not murdering them.

Another thing that you also seem to fail to comprehend is that every time a criminal is shot while unlawfully in a house, the shooter is always arrested and weapon confiscated while a investigation takes place. Sometimes this takes hours, sometimes it takes days, weeks or months.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Live in the UK? You actually have a right to use deadly force to protect yourself in your house that is more lenient on deadly force than in some "liberal" US states.

Exactly the law in the UK just says "reasonable force". Reasonable force that you deem "reasonable" at the time. Thats a very very low bar and one that basically means do what necessary as long as you don't kill someone running away, who has clearly surrendered or been definitely rendered immobile.

And that's really been part of British common law for centuries, hasn't it? If a guy breaks into your home and is a threat, you can shoot, stab, bludgeon, kick as needed to stop him, even if it kills him, but if you shoot him in the back as he's running out of the house, that isn't allowed. Believe it or not, even in Texas, a gunshot wound in the back as someone is running away is very difficult to justify as self defense. It has been done on few occasions (one case I recall was that the man was fleeing with a firearm and so was still considered a threat to the citizenry thus it was ruled as a good shoot, but it usually is ruled as an unjustified homicide.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Actually all I am seeing is the same 5 or so people acting tough and starring each others posts.

It's a self-reinforcing delusion.

Well, when enough people back this, it isn't delusion. It is truth.

I do see you get 2-3 stars on yours. Guess your logic doesn't apply to your crap....just everyone else.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No you are actually simplifying a very detailed and complex law, perhaps reading up on it a bit further might help.
And no it's not what you deem reasonable but what the courts decides what was reasonable for the circumstances.

BSDGB

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Loads of people die every day for all sorts of dumb reasons. Darwin Awards anyone? Breaking into someone's house is just as dumb, especially if someone is there. Doing something dumb, AND something that puts other people in danger is not something I have sympathy for. Do you shed tears for drunk drivers (that you don't know) that smash into poles & kill themselves, when they could have easily snuffed out other lives?

Someone quoted a statistic about "hot" burglaries, where the victims are home. In those cases, 30% of the time, the people in the homes are attacked. 30% is more than enough to shoot every time without asking questions.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join