It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX 'Fair and Balanced' ? Not when accepting a Gay Anchorman that want's to come out

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
He asked the president of Fox News about coming out and got demoted. What he could have done was wait for the right moment to have a coming out moment on the air during a gay marriage debate or something similar. If Fox would not want him, several other networks would be willing to pay him more.

O'reilly and friends will admit they are in the entertainment business, not so much accurate news reporting.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Did any of their other obnoxious personalities come out as heterosexuals?

Maybe he does not find it necessary to broadcast his sexuality.

Maybe he considers his sexuality a small part of himself and not the overwhelming factor tha defines him as a person.

Maybe he wants to keep his private life private?

Why can't you respect that?

link   
Ah, I like this....how typical, should have seen it coming

“This story is 100% false and a complete fabrication,” write Ailes and Smith in a joint statement. “As colleagues and close friends at Fox News for 18 years, our relationship has always been rooted in a mutual respect, deep admiration, loyalty, trust, and full support both professionally and personally.”

Why am I not surprised!!

To be honest, I hope it is NOT true
Hate to see them treat any of their people like this

edit on 1-5-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: snarky412

originally posted by: buster2010
It is no shock that FOX would do this after all over half of their viewers are 65 or older. Most of the geriatric crowd thinks gays should still be in the closet and seeing how FOX also panders to "Christians" a openly gay person just wouldn't fit their agenda.

I don't know where you get the 65 or older crap from

Why don't you just say you personally can't stand FOX
We all know that from all your rantings when it comes to FOX

We hop from FOX to CNN...funny how 2 news networks report on the same topic but put a different spin to it

Don't how to do a quick search huh?

The average age of Fox News viewers is 68 and a majority of them are politically conservative and white

According to Nielsen TV data through mid-January, the average age of Fox News viewers is 68-years-old. In Frank Rich's New York Magazine article, 'Stop Beating a Dead Fox' he calls Fox News a politically conservative 'retirement community' that's losing young viewers at a faster rate than it's competitors. The average viewers at MSNBC and CNN are 60, and the average is 62-64 for the broadcast networks.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Did any of their other obnoxious personalities come out as heterosexuals?

Maybe he does not find it necessary to broadcast his sexuality.

Maybe he considers his sexuality a small part of himself and not the overwhelming factor tha defines him as a person.

Maybe he wants to keep his private life private?

Why can't you respect that?

Once again, according to the reports, it was Smith that wanted it to be public knowledge and was going to do it on air but was advised against it, for now
Like Anderson Cooper did on CNN

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
He asked the president of Fox News about coming out and got demoted. What he could have done was wait for the right moment to have a coming out moment on the air during a gay marriage debate or something similar. If Fox would not want him, several other networks would be willing to pay him more.

O'reilly and friends will admit they are in the entertainment business, not so much accurate news reporting.

FOX is protecting their brand! The station that is Christian, Homophobic etc etc.....

Do you have any proof the he was demoted for wanting to come out and got demoted?

Seriously, if he wanted to come out, all he had to do was make a comment to an entertainment media source and then wait for FOX to demote him or even worse fire him!

Better yet, just kiss his partner in front of a paparazzi!

Then what would FOX do?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
And after a few more seconds of checking out the facts behind this story:

Salon.com

Gawker updates the story to note that Shine actually didn’t attend said picnic, that Ailes and Smith call the story “100% false and a complete fabrication,” and then clarifies the timeline of Smith’s contract negotiations to acknowledge they occurred before the controversial picnic.

Apparently Gawker needed to check out some of the facts before they initially reported as well.

Daily Banter

“This story is 100% false and a complete fabrication,” say Roger Ailes and Shep himself in a joint statement. “As colleagues and close friends at Fox News for 18 years, our relationship has always been rooted in a mutual respect, deep admiration, loyalty, trust, and full support both professionally and personally.”

So Smith himself has come out and stated that the Gawker story is a fabrication. Apparently the reporter for Gawker has been trying to lean on this story for months. I have found one trying the same slant back on 2013. The more we look into this story, the more it seems to be inconsistent at best, unless you count the consistency with which dude at Gawker has been trying to play this card.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Greta USED to be on CNN years ago but switched over to FOX for better a work environment
She has more control over her show than she did on CNN

And what has Scientology got to do with gays??

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: youdidntseeme

Nice catch!

But still, who really knows the truth anymore?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Uh, not that I am defending Fox or give a damn who Shepard Smith makes nice with, this story looks like hearsay at best. When the sole source is Gawker... come on now.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Poor Shep, I love him and he is the best when it comes to breaking news.

He's one of our favorites too

We only watch FOX certain times of the day and depends who's anchoring

Can't stand their new format, the one called 'Outnumbered' where they all sit on a couch
Reminds me of the old talk show days
Needs to be on at 5 or 6 in the morning, not 11:00 IMO

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Smith says it is a lie, it is a lie until proven otherwise. He should know.

The Gawker; really
This is not ATS worthy IMO.

I never did like gossip and those who engage in it, since it's nearly always wrong and used to slander people by folks who don't care if its true or not.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

According to multiple sources ......

In the summer of 2013, according to multiple sources ...”

Shepard Smith deserves better than this

He sure does....

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

It is no shock that FOX would do this after all over half of their viewers are 65 or older. Most of the geriatric crowd thinks gays should still be in the closet and seeing how FOX also panders to "Christians" a openly gay person just wouldn't fit their agenda.

I don't know where you get the 65 or older crap from

Why don't you just say you personally can't stand FOX
We all know that from all your rantings when it comes to FOX

We hop from FOX to CNN...funny how 2 news networks report on the same topic but put a different spin to it

Don't how to do a quick search huh?

The average age of Fox News viewers is 68 and a majority of them are politically conservative and white

According to Nielsen TV data through mid-January, the average age of Fox News viewers is 68-years-old. In Frank Rich's New York Magazine article, 'Stop Beating a Dead Fox' he calls Fox News a politically conservative 'retirement community' that's losing young viewers at a faster rate than it's competitors. The average viewers at MSNBC and CNN are 60, and the average is 62-64 for the broadcast networks.

From your source:

Nielsen TV data through mid-Januray shows that the average age of Fox viewers is 68

The average viewers at MSNBC and CNN are 60

and the average is 62-64 for the broadcast network

And your point is?????????

That the viewers from all 3 networks are OLD!!
FOX out does them by what, 6-8 years???

OMG, what an age gap we have here!!!

Just admit you hate FOX
No big secret there
edit on 1-5-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: youdidntseeme
And after a few more seconds of checking out the facts behind this story:

Salon.com

Gawker updates the story to note that Shine actually didn’t attend said picnic, that Ailes and Smith call the story “100% false and a complete fabrication,” and then clarifies the timeline of Smith’s contract negotiations to acknowledge they occurred before the controversial picnic.

Apparently Gawker needed to check out some of the facts before they initially reported as well.

Daily Banter

“This story is 100% false and a complete fabrication,” say Roger Ailes and Shep himself in a joint statement. “As colleagues and close friends at Fox News for 18 years, our relationship has always been rooted in a mutual respect, deep admiration, loyalty, trust, and full support both professionally and personally.”

So Smith himself has come out and stated that the Gawker story is a fabrication. Apparently the reporter for Gawker has been trying to lean on this story for months. I have found one trying the same slant back on 2013. The more we look into this story, the more it seems to be inconsistent at best, unless you count the consistency with which dude at Gawker has been trying to play this card.

Nice catch on finding the truth. Though I doubt those with a set in stone opinion will read it, as it doesn't fit with their scream fest...

Des

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Gawker.com is know of getting their rocks off by being a thorn in the side of Fox.

I'm no Fox lover, but I think it would be prudent to check the facts before jumping to conclusions and demonizing Fox over this. Glob knows there are and endless supply of reasons to hate Fox, just not this one until the inconsistencies and falsehoods are cleared up.

DC

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Nice catch on finding the truth. Though I doubt those with a set in stone opinion will read it, as it doesn't fit with their scream fest...

Des

You know whether I agree or not with the thread, I always do a quick double check on the facts or lack thereof. Some people call me a shill, debunker, what have you...I just try to deny ignorance (shamless ATS plug)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
Sorry, but I believe that anyone whom excepts a pay check while selling out whom they are and what they believe in is nothing more than a prostitute!

Wouldn't that be like..80% of the workforce globally?
Its not like who a person is, is totally a assembly line worker or whatnot.

Paycheck is a paycheck.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So there is a question as to if the story is accurate ???
I like Shepard Smith. I had no idea he is gay. And further ... I don't care.
Why would it matter either way? The guy is talented and a well balanced reporter.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: youdidntseeme

Maybe this is just Fox News playing damage control, but in the essence of the title of this thread, I thought that perhaps we should look at both sides of the story here. Keep ATS fair and balanced in the very least

That's what I was wondering...damage control maybe??
Who wants to admit to this if it were proven to be true?

I hope it's just gossip
Don't like to see Gays shut out/judged like that

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join