It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX 'Fair and Balanced' ? Not when accepting a Gay Anchorman that want's to come out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I don't think that every LGBT Lesbian woman or gay man or bisexual person or transgendered individual (goodness that list gets longer and longer) HAS to "come out" to everyone everywhere all the time. It's an important personal moment of realization which is usually supported by disclosure to family, friends, etc. But, no, ain't nobody's business but yours.

BUT.

The idea that there is nothing more to be achieved, that the world is a fair place and there's no more unfair discrimination based on sexual orientation, that LGBT concerns should just be kept private and not talked about ... that's just BS. And I don't think there's any danger of that happening, anytime soon, LOL.

We have to remember that some folks don't get to remain quiet and "pass."

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The issues here are that a. This story might be false. b. If true, it's punishment for coming out. Very bad.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well, Shep Smith came out and denied the story ... so ... for all intents and purposes "it ain't so."

BUT, did you notice, that there was also no denial of the sexuality assertion anywhere in the statement.

Actually, I think the statement today was the closest to an official "coming out" they're ever going to see at FNC.
edit on 17Thu, 01 May 2014 17:30:26 -050014p052014566 by Gryphon66 because: PHRASING!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm with you all the way in that there is still a long way for gay rights to go. Until people around the globe can be themselves without fear of being rounded up and punished or even worse, put to death there is work to be done.

As for the anchorman, I don't see the need for a public coming out, that's all. It's not going to change the way he does his job is it?

Fox is being prudish for putting a lid on it, I do realise this, but either way if he's a good presenter, what does it matter if he is white, black, straight, gay, atheist or christian?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

People have forgotten that sometimes, it's more fun NOT to know ...

Best,

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Perhaps the correct view on that situation is that why should Shep want to "come out" about his sexuality on a on-the-air job that has absolutely nothing to do with his orientation? If there is anything that bothers most straight people, it is the antics of in-your-face gays that have the need to go public. When I watch Fox news, I see him as an excellent commentator and a likeable person. I don't need to know nor WANT to know what he does in private.

This is an old "revelation," by the way, somebody just became aware of it or merely fanning the flames for coming out parties?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

No problem. It was just my opinion on it. When staff posts here we are members like everyone else.

I'd hate to be a celebrity and have no privacy.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I don't see any of the Fox crew respected, it' the biggest pile of bs I have ever seen on television.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Heh, people will latch on to the most retarded of reasons to "hate" or project negative feelings towards others and every one in general.

Pathetic worms.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: buster2010
Old people had lives we been around the block and I bet back in the day I could have drank you under the table.

Like being a drunk is something to be proud of. You must of had a sad life if how much booze you could drink is what you brag about.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: buster2010
Old people had lives we been around the block and I bet back in the day I could have drank you under the table.

Like being a drunk is something to be proud of. You must of had a sad life if how much booze you could drink is what you brag about.

Buster, as much as we appear to often be on opposing sides on most issues. I have to agree with you here.

As an older person, drinking is not what I would be focusing on as, what I got out of the good old days.

Yes, times were different in many aspects. More of a natural friendliness and neighborly atmosphere. More hope of better futures for all, as it was also a big time of change for many.

But not a time for me to remember, who I could drink under the table...

I'm trying to acknowledge when I do agree with a member, I usually don't.

Des

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I agree. Then we straight people MUST come out also. What difference what or who he sleeps with. Why make a deal over it???getting a bit tired of all the 'coming out'. Like we should care who you sleep with or does it make them more special? Keep your crap behind the bedroom door, straight or gay......last I heard, Shep was engaged to a woman....

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
a reply to: WarminIndy

Is this a new thing? I thought he was gay a long time ago. Seems there was talk about it a long time ago. Did people forget?

They don't want him to air it on TV like Anderson Cooper did
They're afraid of the repercussions [silly people]

It must have been said on air a long time ago, because I remember it.

Advocate Magazine 2011

Seems they have been talking about it a lot longer than that though, I found articles from 2010. People knew he was out in Out Magazine. So what's all the hub bub, bub? It wasn't a secret.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

From the provided link:

Out magazine has released its annual Power 50 list honoring extraordinary gays and lesbians, and a couple of news personalities who’ve yet to publicly declare they’re gay have made the cut.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

That's just it ... no one's ever been put in jail merely for being straight, or lost their job merely for being straight, or been harassed, or had the crap beat out of them, burned with cigarettes, tied to a fence in the middle of nowhere and left for hours to die alone ... merely for being straight.

So, yeah, there's more of a difference between being gay and straight than "what goes on behind closed doors."

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

Exactly, why is it necessary to 'come out'? I don't care what your sexual preference is as long as you aren't hurting anyone. If his sexual preference involved rubber chickens and jell-o I couldn't care less...there is no need to draw attention and announce to the world how you choose to engage in your personal relationships. Why couldn't he just be a human being who reports the news? No need to announce your homosexuality and shove it down people's throats. I just don't get it.

edit on 1-5-2014 by lambs to lions because: Redundant

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Nothing typifies the left's computational "bug" than this thread. It is only "fair and balanced" when the response is within the left's view of things. If one falls outside of it, kaboom, every form of theatrics, dramatics and child like accusations.

There is no "balance" without something of equal weight/value on the opposite side to off-set the other. That's balance.

Obviously, an intolerable for the left.

Day by day, more people see the theoretical idyllic of the left failing in more and more areas, common core, repressive EPA regulations, land grabs by federal agencies, failed economic recovery programs, failed medical intervention, a policy of appeasement instead of a foreign policy...

The right and it's daily increasing numbers have passed the balance point and this will, if temporarily, change direction.

You on the left are, in turn, going to have to just deal with it....the shoe will be on the other foot.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

Have you ever tried to "get it"?

Imagine for just a minute that you grew up in a world where everyone around you was gay.

Everyone around you, all advertising, TV shows, churches, everything tells you that you should be attracted to your own gender.

But as you grow into those troubled teen-aged years, you find that you're not. You're ... different.

But, you don't want to be. You want to fit in. You don't want to be made fun of. You don't want to disappoint anyone.

What if people find out that you're ... attracted to the OPPOSITE gender? Oh my god that's just ... sick.

You'd do anything just to be normal. You try to be. You try to be attracted to your own gender, date people of your own gender like you're supposed to ... but ... you just can't stop thinking about ... those others.

If you really try that experiment for a minute, honestly, you might find that the whole thing is not quite as simplistic as you thought it was. It's not just about sex ... it's about who you are as a person, who you love, how you identify yourself ...

Or, you can just keep musing about having it shoved down your throat. Might want to check with Dr. Freud on that one.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

We aren't talking about the adversity that a homosexual faces in their lives. I don't think many people go through life without challenges and heartbreak. Some more than others. We are talking about the need to announce your sexuality in regards to the workplace. I work with about a dozen or so homosexual men, two of them are some of my favorite people to work with. It's obvious they are gay, but it has no bearing or relevance to their ability to adequately perform their job functions.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Oh great, so now they want to gay up the news.

"So tonight on the ten 'oclock news...terrorists kill 48 in Pakistan roadside bomb..but on the plus side, I haaaavvvvve a baby shower to attend tomoorrrrrooooowww woohooooooo!!!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join