It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX 'Fair and Balanced' ? Not when accepting a Gay Anchorman that want's to come out

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusSubprime
Whatever... then why are we talking about it.

I can only speak for why I'm talking about it. Your reasons for involving yourself in the discussions are a mystery to me.
edit on 5/3/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

So Out Magazine is declaring who is out, whether the person is out or not?

That is as bad as Gawker.

Now who would have guessed that from the title of the magazine?

PS: You provided the reference for the point you were trying to make.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

why would i or anyone want to know if some stranger is gay? and why would they want strangers to know they are gay?

ya! do it on tv and you are a drama queen! who gives a rats?

and no, molestation is not the same as being gay.

Here's a thought, why don't you ask some of your "very good friends who are actually gay" at your workplace what the importance of their "coming out" process was to them?

Why don't you do a bit of research on what "coming out" means psychologically to individuals and politically to communities?

Here's a start toward understanding why from George Takei: I Don't Even Think of You as Gay - Well, You Should

For straight people, sexuality isn’t something that needs to be proclaimed or distinguished, it simply is a part of their daily lives. For example, straight people generally never worry about losing their jobs or families because of who they love, or ever consider, let alone are asked, when they “chose” to be straight. To sexual minorities, however, it is often a daily fight, and an internal conflict that is years if not decades long.

Thousands of kids today still try to kill themselves, and often tragically succeed, out of despair that they will never find love and acceptance from their families or communities. Millions of otherwise well-adjusted adults still hide their sexuality for fear they will lose their livelihood or place in the community. Indeed, it is still legal in many states to fire someone simply because of his or her sexual orientation, nothing more.

Read the article. Sulu does a better job at the explanation than I do.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412 Then why was he promoted to managing editor? I googled this and there are holes in Gawkers reporting. There is an article about it on political,take that for what it is worth. Not really sticking up for Fox, we all no they lean right as well as every other news outlet leans left. Just saying it seems to me that they are all out for blood against one another, so they're going do whatever it takes.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Why's he informing every man, woman, and child on planet Earth about his sexual preference? I needed to hear this because???

It's a workplace, not a podium to inform everyone what your favorite genitals are.
edit on 3-5-2014 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm just curious here..but has Sheppard Smith announced he was lying a few days ago when he told his own staff this was all crap? He's repeatedly denied this and he's had to do it repeatedly, it seems, because someone has an obsession.

Gawker’s J.K. Trotter has been trying for months now to out Shep, with today’s piece making the fourth time he’s written about Shep’s sexual orientation in just the past seven months. He’s mostly been skewered in the media for his persistence in chasing a story that isn’t really a story, but even I was willing to admit that if Shep’s sexual orientation was having a direct impact on his standing at his place of work, then it would be, in fact, newsworthy.

The problem, of course, is that today’s report was coming from Trotter, who has exhibited a near-stalker-like obsession with Shep to the point where, last month, he had to be thrown out of a National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association gala he had attended to tail and confront Shep publicly about his sexuality.

Then.. there is an Email he reportedly send to his staff on April 30th.

Newsteam- Good morning from Los Angeles.

I came to fox news 18 years ago because they agreed to hire me. I’ve stayed with fox news because of my relationship with Roger Ailes. He’s my boss, my friend and my steadfast supporter both professionally and personally.

Things you might read today are horse#. As phony as 24-hour breaking news on The Plane Channel.

Stand down.

Big love. See yall Monday… Unless breaking news changes everything.

Shep
Source

Multiple sources say this party Gawker talks about didn't even happen for the people they claim were there or what they said happened. I'll stop there for what that suggests...as it's too serious an allegation in this industry to toss lightly. However, someone needs to seriously investigate the claim that material facts in the Gawker story aren't real.

If that's true, then Gawker has housecleaning to do, IMO...or they can take the credibility hit. If it's not true, and this all DID happen as described, then you have Fox officials (Including Shep himself) making on-the-record public statements about it which would be outright lies. Get 'em on that

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I've been amused at some of the things Gawker has ran in the past, but seriously, it's never risen much above the level of TMZ, Perez Hilton or more old-school, the National Enquirer to me. It's a gossip rag, basically.

I strongly disagree with "outing" anyone that doesn't want to be outed, so long as they aren't actively working against the community at large.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Honestly, who cares? If he's gay he's gay, it doesn't change who he is. Semi celebrity or not, the news should be about actual news. It has nothing to do with Fox's audience... that's not the place for him to do that... someone blasting they're gay all over a tv station is just being an attention whore.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: snarky412 Then why was he promoted to managing editor? I googled this and there are holes in Gawkers reporting. There is an article about it on political,take that for what it is worth. Not really sticking up for Fox, we all no they lean right as well as every other news outlet leans left. Just saying it seems to me that they are all out for blood against one another, so they're going do whatever it takes.

I did not know until Blaine mentioned it that 'Gawkers' is mostly left leaning and another poster said that they have been after Shep Smith before -- why -- I haven't a clue

That's why I added in the original OP that they have since denied these claims [Smith/Ailes/Shine]

Seems as though there could be a lawsuit there somewhere for making up a story like that IMO
If I was Shep Smith, I would be checking into it that's for sure

I've have since learned to stay away from that source--Gawkers--from now on

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Why does he need to tell the world ? Im sure his family and friends know and any fans with even a cheap gadar would already know. Why are people so interested in what a man/woman does with their penis/vagina anyway, and why does he need to tell people what sex he likes ? Why do people NEED to know that stuff ? Fox news has ONE JOB and that is hating Obama and anything associated with him , Shep's sexuality has nothing to do with Obama so it really has no place on Fox news. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, Im all for him being happy. Fox does suck, I wish it were Shawn Hannity instead. Fox runs out of Obama blab and has to make up hypothetical Obama decisions to discuss and things Obama hasn't even done yet. They wont talk about the real stuff he does bad that benefits their sponsors.
edit on 23-5-2014 by lotusfoot because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join