It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills...?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
as for denying ignorance all the seem to do round here is deny everything ....... it should be welcome to propaganda the government has infiltrated !

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It has been admited in the intro forum before that some members are paid to be here by the u.s. in order to quail some of the 2012 stuff. However they are still around posting very scientifically minded views and theories as fact.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Even this thread is a great experiment. This is a conspiracy forum, right? Which means that people who attend this forum tend not to believe in official stories but are digging deeper trying to find ulterior motives and alternative explanations for official stories. Now we touched something that was once upon a time conspiracy theory but is now a proven fact (internet surveillance and manipulation) and so far majority of posters are denying it? Keep in mind that I said "so far". That is because I noticed that when some topic is started that is not of their likeness, they show up first and attack you so that you and anyone else that shares your opinion lose any motivation to continue to participate in that particular discussion. That is really amazing...
edit on 29-4-2014 by alomaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: alomaha
Even this thread is a great experiment. This is a conspiracy forum, right? Which means that people that attend this forum tend not to believe in official stories but are digging deeper trying to find ulterior motives and alternative explanations official stories. Now we touched something that was once upon a time conspiracy theory but is now proven fact (internet surveillance and manipulation) and majority of posters so far are denying it? Keep in mind that I said "so far". That is because I noticed that when some topic is started that is not of their likeness, they show up first and attack you so that you and anyone else that shares your opinion lose any motivation to continue to participate in that particular discussion. That is really amazing...

I agree. Intimidation tactics by the so-called "majority" really flies in the face of open discussion. While responding to some threads that I don't agree with, almost without fail someone will come at me with a personal insult because I don't agree and because I set forth my opinion. Usually it's because I just laid bare some ignorance and exposed the truth. Now truth is relative here, and varies according to your perception, and is usually somewhere in the middle. It doesn't call for personal insults though.

Most topics I do agree with, and I've visited this site for years on occasion before I made an account. The subject matter and usuall intelligence level of members is a few cuts above average. That's my reason for being here. The "paid shill" rant thing is old...knowledge is what makes the difference.

The intimidation tactics have been tried on me about 4 times so far. The last time I didn't respond, because it was more of the same and really, really not worth responding to. The level sinks so low if you disagree with certain people, almost instantly it denigrates into an insult. Some people think they automatically know better than anyone else, therefore if someone doesn't share their point of view, they are the "problem".

I for one won't be intimidated, and I hope nobody else will either. This site was never intended to be right-wing, anti-government, pro-russia, pro-eastern, anti-gun, pro-gun, anti-abortion, pro-abortion, you get the picture? If it was intended for that purpose then I hope a mod will step in and say so, but I didn't see it listed anywhere. If so I would definitely be at the wrong site.

-refusing intimidation tactics since 1960-

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe star for you! you just hit the nail on the head .

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
It has been admited in the intro forum before that some members are paid to be here by the u.s. in order to quail some of the 2012 stuff.

You can of course link us to those admissions....?

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I remember during the BP oil spill how people came out of the wood work with new accounts, to defend BP then disappeared.

During Sandy Hook there were obvious shills pushing the official story. Same with Boston bombing.

Apparently those discussions are now off limits and censored even though relevant information is still coming out.

I don't know what's going on but there is a definite attempt to control and limit certain subjects.
edit on 29-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

The same Russia that saved American lives from creating another Vit Mess that would be Syria.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I don't know what's going on but there is a definite attempt to control and limit certain subjects.

I currently i can agree with you on that matter not only but those same users are always trying to get some other users banned.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Infiltration Infestation

I've moved this thread to our Deconstructing Disinformation forum, since that seems like the best fit. Sorry about the multiple moves!

There's nothing wrong with speculating about opinion manipulation schemes and how they may be in play on ATS. However, let's please remember that personal attacks against any ATSer, including accusations of being a "shill" or the like, run afoul of our terms & conditions and may result in removal of posts and other staff actions.

If anyone should have any questions about that or anything else, please don't hesitate to send me a private message.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Davian

For the past year or so there has been an increase in user posts similar to this, I thought it was because there was a cultural shift going on - although a good way to make a cultural shift in general is by infiltrating the population with paid actors, right?

Even if that isn't the case, well, the media can sway public opinion whichever way it desires - does the public even have its own opinions anymore based on what it perceives?

Take the perception and throw it on a screen instead of real life, and that perception can be altered, thus controlling public opinion. To have a more valid personal opinion, I think that it would require people to be interacting first-hand with life, or the other option is to find accurate sources.
edit on 29pmTue, 29 Apr 2014 21:49:23 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 29pmTue, 29 Apr 2014 21:51:27 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Anyone who does not agree with me is a paid shill. Anyone who uses facts, science, or sources to back something up is a paid shill. Anyone who does not fall into the group think is a paid shill. That is pretty much what I am getting out of this.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Anyone think it is a bit odd, that just before this 'Crimean crisis' unfolded, a bunch of user accounts were 'activated' that all have the same posting characteristics

Actually yeah. I noticed this issue specifically.The other characteristics you listed not so much. Many of those seemed to have dropped out as well since the initial burst.

edit on 161pm1313pm92014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Anyone who does not agree with me is a paid shill. Anyone who uses facts, science, or sources to back something up is a paid shill. Anyone who does not fall into the group think is a paid shill. That is pretty much what I am getting out of this.

That's funny, I got the opposite out of it, I thought the people who use facts, science or sources to back something up were the cool ones

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

How much do they make?
Is it living wages?

edit on Rpm42914v562014u34 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Thinking of getting a new job, Randy?
edit on 29pmTue, 29 Apr 2014 21:55:04 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

I can go through the archives and point to the same thing happening for EVERY major event.

ATS's busiest day was the I think the BPoil disaster. We had I think over 1000 members active at the same time, as well as hundreds of new accounts created in that first week.

I don't think they were BP Folk were actively trying to sway opinion then. Maybe one or two of them, but otherwise, just curious folk, wanting a place to voice their opinions.

Forum gangs are actually insanely easy to spot, because patterned behavior is easy to spot. Group think is even easier to spot.

Fold that in with a team of staff who are very good at playing 'whack the troll' along with a membership that's even better at finding the trolls, and what you get is a community that's almost immune to that sort of behavior, over the long run anyway.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
By paying attention to syntax and sentence structure you can usually spot the sock puppets.

esl.fis.edu...

Determining their agenda is another story altogether. They do tend to lean to the right somewhat.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

A new job?
Quite the optimist aren't you?

My good man our government has manipulated our
economy so perfectly. That the elite enjoy
everyday in fields full of flowers and sunshine.
While more and more of us are forced to dodge
lightning bolts under clouds that grow darker
and heavier every minute.

I would even make the best schill at this moment.
I'd be so undercover, even I wouldn't know.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Wasn't around for the BP thing so have nothing to compare without going back to those older threads.

Anyway I do believe there may be a few paid to post corporate and government people that swing by here once and a while. For the most part any blatant propaganda usually suffers under the light.

A bigger concern to me is all the posts, etc the NSA collects when they run it against whatever specific analysis software they may have. I'd rather have a shill pop into a thread and rant than have a bunch of MIB's show up in the middle of the night to disappear us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join