It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills...?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

A bigger concern to me is all the posts, etc the NSA collects when they run it against whatever specific analysis software they may have. I'd rather have a shill pop into a thread and rant than have a bunch of MIB's show up in the middle of the night to disappear us.

Like I said earlier, I don't put as much faith in government's effectiveness as most people do.

I think mostly the NSA are full of crap and could not code themselves out of a linux 0 sector virus if they had the manual in front of them. Let along be spying on the whole world via internet traffic.

The reality is that the MORE information they gather, the less valuable the information they get becomes. It also becomes much less reliable, because the software has the wade through terabytes of crap just to find a single gem.

Why don't we hear of success stories with these programs the NSA has? Because there are none.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
maybe at the stated mandate they are useless as boobs on a bicycle
but I'll wager that they are successful at the miss appropriation of funds (tax Dollars) and the collection of valuable commercial data from the un wary...and at handling of black finances...
and the stashing therewith of therefore

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

That's the only thing government is increasingly effective at.

Spending money they don't have on things that you don't need.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I know many like to find other words for this. But I agree with your OP and feel that anyone who does this is not going to better places when they pass on. Selling out humanity makes you become less than human in the end, barring a miraculous outpour of love, understanding, forgiveness and determination to help and counsel those who are lost in this way.

If we do this now, actually intercede for those working against humanities happiness, joy and progression, truth and freedom, equality and abundance, in a transparent system that is watched and managed by active citizens, if we start to see this now, perhaps we can alter the course of their lives and afterlives.

But they're out in full force online.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: alomaha

As an American, I don't think we are losing it in the dialogue sense. In the corporate sense with comcast yes but I have noticed a steep reduction in overall troll posts and an almost instant dismissal of them by other commenters in most forums. Maybe it's just me though, being more discerning of the sites I visit. c'est la vie.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Davian

So free thinking and speech is only good if that person agrees with your comments?

Learn to hold yer ground. Stop blaming others for your headaches.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Talk about "ad hominen" attacks. When someone disagrees with your opinion or has a different view, they are called "shill".

Believe it or not there are individuals on this site as well as many others who have varied world views which may not correlate with yours, mine, nor anyone Else's. I think it is most ridiculous to shout "shill" every time someone disagrees with your strong opinions on a subject. We all have varied opinions and are welcomed to share them here whether you care for that opinion or not, and should be able to do so without you shouting shill.

With that said there are those out there who perhaps do work for various groups whether government or corporate interest who will offer an opinion and should be welcomed to do so...they are not going to change your opinions and perhaps you might actually learn something new

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
They are here and all over online forums. For the most part ATS is under control. Certain topics get much more attention than others. My biggest gripe is if you get in a debate with one, they will mis-quote to spin your facts or what you post and almost force you to make multiple posts and flood the thread with bickering back and forth and no substance added to the thread.

This is a great read about online forum spies:

The Gentleperson's Guide to Forum Spies

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
But they're out in full force online.

They are out in full force offline too, and always have been. Not "shills", but just countless ignorant (the formal ignorant) people who have likely:

1) never been exposed to as much information as is available in the last decade (more easily that is)
2) never had a social group around them that assembles regularly for the purpose of discussion
3) learned the truth by hearing about it from someone who knows because an expert or "they" said it was so
4) are easily dogmatic about their viewpoint because the lack of tone or the absence of visual, social, & intuitive clues that comes in the box with their computer

I for one am a recent member. I have read the site for a few years now, and have learned a lot. I originally joined last year under a different screen name after an experience with sky noise. I have learned that ATS has a lot for everyone, especially those who are always have something to learn, as well as something to teach.

That said, there are plenty of really dogmatic posts. There are also many, many, threads that seem to be derailed by a general lack of knowledge or attention on the specific topic. Insults fly, people disagree, and 36 pages later there is not much meat on a given subject.

I wonder how many people read all the posts in a thread before posting their own comment? I wonder how many people read their own comments before posting their own comments? I wonder why there are not more questions in each thread than statements?

I think many of the people who are just simply beginning to learn, or are too stubborn to, could be mistaken for paid propagandists. BUT, If there are "paid shills" here spreading propaganda, i'd bet that they would have a difficult time fooling the least ignorant of the ATS crowd.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davian
Anyone think it is a bit odd, that just before this 'Crimean crisis' unfolded, a bunch of user accounts were 'activated' that all have the same posting characteristics involved in said posts and/or threads.

- Blind following of mainstream media sources (primarily western links), and the sourcing of said sources, in the threads and posts in question therein.
- Nationalistic tendencies, blind adherence and adoration of government and elitist establishments (for example, the Crown).
- Instant insensitive decrying of anything conspiracy theory-related, automatically, right off the bat.
- Populous circle-jerk threads, almost always involving large numbers of said aforementioned disinformation agents.
- Rampantly obtuse cognitive dissonant tendencies, aimed toward attacking and/or discrediting critics of the US government and/or their political and/or financial allies.
- Obtusely ignorant defense of globalist tactics, such as the NATO encirclement of Russia, Russophobia, defense of nationalistic institutions (the Svoboda Nazi party, Israel's persecution of Palestinians, and EU doctrines threatening the sovereignty of non-EU nations and the sovereignty of nations abroad).
- The unfounded idea that the Pan-American western union of oligarchs can do no wrong.
- Any American citizen standing against his government is a domestic terrorist, and automatically jumping on and/or jumpstarting a bandwagon to source any possible media spin article discrediting said citizen or citizen movement citizens are involved in therein.
- Characteristics strongly indicative of rampant racism and 'chest-pounding' nationalistic and/or imperialistic tendencies.

My fellow truth-seekers, oathkeepers, patriots, anarchists, seekers of truth and deniers of ignorant, arrogance, and disinformation. I call on you all to realize that this is NOT what ATS is about. These discussion boards were meant to be a safe haven away from ignorance, blind followers of the official story, media punditz, talking heads, the establishment, love of oppression and love of being ruled. # THE ESTABLISHMENT, that is what these forums are ABOUT, that WE DON'T NEED THEM. That WE CAN SELF GOVERN. That we CAN talk about alternatives to this system that ENSLAVES, MASS-MURDERS, and WAGES WAR AGAINST MANKIND. This is a place where we CAN talk with like-minded individuals on ways to circumvent and escape from this war economy, these systems of divide-and-conquer. To BEST EACH OTHER IN WAYS AND IDEAS ON WHICH WE *CAN* DEFEAT THE ELITE. These self-righteous, pompously arrogant dictators and authoritarian oligarchies that maintain and have maintained a stranglehold on the world, on the lives of people who have to work 70 hours a week just to make barely enough to survive. I have to ask, WHO GAVE THEM THE RIGHT? Are WE unworthy of living like them? The simple FACT that these boards are quickly becoming a cesspool INFECTED with ingrates that BLINDLY DEFEND ALL OF THE ABOVE, should give credence to the fact that THEY ARE INFILTRATING EVERY ASPECT OF OUR PERSONAL LIVES, slowly but surely.

I will not name any names, but those of you who are critical thinkers, and not victims of rampant cognitive dissonance, sheepishness, and an inability to think for one's self in relation to the QUESTIONING OF EVERYTHING YOU THINK YOU KNOW, you KNOW EXACTLY WHO I AM TALKING ABOUT.

I call on those of you who are infowarriors to merely just be aware of the fact of this possibility, and to take a stand against it wherever it may crop up, in whatever form.

Keep fighting the good fight, and BE ALERT.

Star And Flag. I am 100% convinced there are paid (and also unpaid) Shills on this site. They attack threads off the bat, trying to discredit them, posting dead links, then simply vanish when someone speaks up and proves them wrong...then like clockwork another username come onto the thread, having just a handful of posts (new account) and continues the same tactics....

Thanks for making a thread about something that most of us on here are thinking.

GS

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
There's a much, much MUCH simpler explanation.

As ATS grows in popularity, more people of various walks of life will find their way here.

The majority of people, as we already know, aren't well versed in the things we hold as truth. It takes YEARS of research and questioning the status quo in order for most people to get there.

You expect everybody who comes here to already be 'awakened' to what we know?

IMO it's entirely justified to see a bunch of people towing the party line, because that's all they know.

How about instead of complaining about them, that we do what we've always done and try to educate them, through reasoned, healthy and civil debate.

Are there some people who are paid to troll internet boards to push an agenda? There sure are.

Are they interested in the musing of ATS, enough that some actual 'operation' has been formed around it.

I highly doubt that.

~Tenth

I think there may be an element of truth to this akin to a slinky of the years the slinky stretches and bends to the contorted pressure of ignorance but returns to its original state only to expand once more..

in other words people are waking up, investigating slowly playing devils advocate and or (troll) on the internet as to test the waters, to see how hot it is. Or how there ideas hold up against scrutiny, but in the face of legitimate criticism even the fool hearted must make corrections.

therefore keep doing what your doing.
edit on 29-4-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

There is NO doubt that Western paid shills are on ATS

NO DOUBT WHAT SO EVER

I count about 5 very active shills on ATS, I can't name them because I would be banned. But we all can see them plain as day.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Thanks for confirming people's bias OP.

why is it, that the claimed shills only come from one side? It's always 'government shill'.

There are higher odds that there are shills for particular conspiracy theories here, than there are government shills.

I bet, if pressed, admin would tell you that they have banned people whose only purpose here was to push a certain theory or drive traffic towards a specific website, I can name one right off the top of my head now, she used to push the drivel that the health wanker, Mike Adams from natural news spouts.

THAT is a shill, one of your own.

And I bet there's been plenty more too.

And how many government ones have been outed?

None.

edit on 30-4-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadiationAndCancer

There is NO doubt that Western paid shills are on ATS

NO DOUBT WHAT SO EVER

I count about 5 very active shills on ATS, I can't name them because I would be banned. But we all can see them plain as day.

Dont worry we all know who they are...

GS

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Sounds to me like the only "shills" or infiltrators the OP suspects are those members of a more liberal bent that don't automatically accept the alternate media/alternate explanation as gospel?

I think it takes all kinds of perspectives to find the truth myself, if truth is what one is truly searching for, rather than merely another ideology.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
People forget so easelily.

Why are we even discussing this as " might " occur.
firstlook.org...
www.techdirt.com...

It was only a month ago there was a thread here, just talking about this very same matter. Paid chill's.

I know some posters here, who just dislike the conspiracy angle and would rather suck up to MSM before admitting there might be fowl play somewhere.

But most of these have some random name, no avatar and an odd post-star ratio. Can't put my finger on it, it just seems odd.

Also remember that little bill that got aproved...
Propaganda bill aproved

I see a few dots alright.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago430000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Sounds to me like the only "shills" or infiltrators the OP suspects are those members of a more liberal bent that don't automatically accept the alternate media/alternate explanation as gospel?

I think it takes all kinds of perspectives to find the truth myself, if truth is what one is truly searching for, rather than merely another ideology.

No. Not quite. You wouldnt happen to be one of the individuals in question? I agree with the OP 100%

GS

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: GeminiSky

A chill wouldn't be in this thread, namely because it isn't in their agenda( I think ). Part of their task is to create distrust among the interet. And see how it's working, I see it daily now someone calling a poster a chill because of a dispute.

Divide en conquer anyone?

edit on thAmerica/Chicago430000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeminiSky

No. Not quite. You wouldnt happen to be one of the individuals in question? I agree with the OP 100%

GS

You already made your agreement clear. Why attack me personally? Any evidence, or simply because I'm not in lockstep?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeminiSky

GS

You already made your agreement clear. Why attack me personally? Any evidence, or simply because I'm not in lockstep?

Its just that I have seen the "i dont agree with you so I must be a shill" argument waay too many times. Dont you think its getting old already? If you really want evidence i will diligently go thru your prior posts and present them here. Is this what you want?

GS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join