It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is NO SUCH THING As a Dissapearing Plane in the 21st Century.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Donkey_Dean

Yes its quite unthinkable. ..hence why I made this thread to prove im not crazy!
(Although I probably am for other reasons)

GS

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Lets not forget, the US can track ICBM's when they're launched from Asia with our long range missile defense systems. Missiles travel much faster than a commercial jet and are also considerably smaller. The necessary tracking is different sure, but we have the capability to do it.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Any unidentified aircraft headed in Diego Garcia's general direction would be downed pretty quickly. There are literally a million scenarios, but I do not accept the no radar data scenario at all.

I know when you hear the word plane hijack one country come instantly to mind, but when this plane left its original flight path it could have been targeted by many different factions and downed etc.. There were early reports of the plane flying over a Malaysian Air Force outpost. I have read this base is host to F-15's and always on high alert etc.. This may well have been the end!

In any case all on board are lost.
edit on 28-4-2014 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Donkey_Dean
Any unidentified aircraft headed in Diego Garcia's general direction would be downed pretty quickly. There are literally a million scenarios, but I do not accept the no radar data scenario at all.

I know when you hear the word plane hijack one country come instantly to mind, but when this plane left its original flight path it could have been targeted by many different factions and downed etc.. There were early reports of the plane flying over a Malaysian Air Force outpost. I have read this base is host to F-15's and always on high alert etc.. This may well have been the end!

In any case all on board are lost.

You are under the assumption that dg did not expect an inbound plane. ...

GS

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ZiggyMojo

They're also suborbital which means not having to deal with a radar horizon.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The only defenses at Diego Garcia are any navy ships stopping through. They don't keep fighters there. It's a stopover/forward deployment base for boomers and tankers.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm hearing on the radio ( The Power hour news, GCN Capt'n Flight nurse ret., Joice ORiley ) the non us uk aussie governments involved in the search were apparently kept out of the know and aren't happy about being mislead about what was actually known..as are the victims families, and the general public...

of course why...?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The only defenses at Diego Garcia are any navy ships stopping through. They don't keep fighters there. It's a stopover/forward deployment base for boomers and tankers.

How do you know for sure? Do you really think the govt would make publicly available all the defense capabilities of their bases? If you are basing an argument on public data about a bases defenses then you are highly delusional.

GS

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: GeminiSky

I'm basing it on people that I know IRL that have deployed there, and have pictures of the flightline.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones
I'm hearing on the radio ( The Power hour news, GCN Capt'n Flight nurse ret., Joice ORiley ) the non us uk aussie governments involved in the search were apparently kept out of the know and aren't happy about being mislead about what was actually known..as are the victims families, and the general public...

of course why...?

If you have no definitive information, no explanation for the unknown and inexplicable, perhaps saying nothing is best?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
What if the plan was downed by the chinese and it fell inland.
Why are the chinese (knowing how they are) demanding to Malaysia a response and more certainty in their search.
Why they is the supposed flight plan so weird? I mean as if the great excuse that no one picked in the radars is because he flew exactly between the radar coverage of the neighboring countries.
What if the chinese cant take the embarrasement of downing a plane full of their people and the Malaysians are butt covering as they are offering dirty and lame and profitable business? No wonder Hussein went personally to Mysia.
What if we don't really have the capabilities of detecting a small commercial plane / missiles or whatever in the sky?
What if the government (as usual and for propaganda) is just bragging about their capabilities when we dont really have them

I wouldnt be surprised knowing how the chinese learn to lie and deceive since they are born
edit on 28-4-2014 by HalfAWorldAway because: Typos

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yes Radar can track planes, and probably tracked this missing plane pretty far out..

However...

1. Tracking an object with Radar only tells you that there is an object that is most likely an airplane and the air traffic is quite heavy, making it virtually impossible to know what flight number it is, or even what kind of jet it is.

2. To resolve the issues with #1, planes have transponders that report their location, flight number, altitude.. etc.. This makes it easy for air traffic control to know exactly who is where, what their heading is, altitude .. all of that..

SO .. Therein lies the issue.. the transponders were shut off not long after take off so they could not be tracked.. Sure, Radar may have had them but as I said, you can't distinguish specific flights with Radar.. Not only that but as they leave malaysian air space they will slip into another country's radar who will have NO idea what that flight is without visual confirmation.. then when they get far enough out in the ocean, they are not likely in range of anyone's radar ..

This is why the satellite data was so crucial in trying to estimate the path.. it wasn't designed to do so though so they had to come up with a way to try to guess based on signal strength.. etc

But yes, to understand WHY IT IS POSSIBLE for a plane to be missing this day and age, you need to know the fundamental differences between transponders and radars =) .. radar is just the bouncing back of a microwave /radio wave echo's .. the echo back doesn't contain flight number information and the altitude is not 100% accurate.. and again, on those commercial flight paths there is a lot of air traffic.. so virtually impossible to pick out a single object, determine is the missing flight and then track it from there before it's out of range..

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I'm basing it on people that I know IRL that have deployed there, and have pictures of the flightline.

you seem to know "people , irl" on every thread topic you visit. It seems you are an expert and have had personal experience and first hand knowledge of every topic on every reply that you choose to dissect. ...

So you know people, in real life, who are stationed at Diego Garcia? Could you give them a ring and have them check for an out of place 777? Youd really be doing this thread and the world a favor...

on the edge of my seat, awaiting your reply..

GS

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZiggyMojo
Lets not forget, the US can track ICBM's when they're launched from Asia with our long range missile defense systems. Missiles travel much faster than a commercial jet and are also considerably smaller. The necessary tracking is different sure, but we have the capability to do it.

That's a whole different situation.. those defense systems are specifically set to track fast moving objects with the radar signature of an ICBM .. it's EASY to distinguish an ICBM in flight from a commercial jet liner.

Now with commercial jets... the sky is full of them, the congestion from commercial air traffic is really really high every day, and it's filled with similar aircraft.. Radar does NOT return flight number information, it only reports an object is in the sky at this altitude and moving in a particular direction.. trying to pick out a specific flight is like looking for a needle in a hay stack..

Fun Fact: As of 2009 the 777th Boeing 777 was put into service.. there's alot of those puppies in the sky..

Bottom line.. comparing our ability to track an ICBM which has a very distinct behavior that is noticeably different than commercial jets.. to commercial jet tracking is silly.

What we need to do is not have the ability to disable the transponder, the only issue with that is sometimes pilots do that because they aren't reporting reliable data which could be dangerous .. but that's not terribly common.. Perhaps we need an extra transponder that doesn't report it's data to the cockpit.. it would be a backup system for air traffic control to use in emergencies ..
edit on 4/28/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think it's easy for us this day and age to forget just how massive this planet is in relation to us and our stuff. It's also easy to notice that conspiracy has gone so mainstream in recent years that nothing is an accident anymore (that just makes everything worse). That is as crazy as disappearing planes. It's happened - we may never know. I just feel bad for the families. I hope something turns up one day to give some closure.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Floydshayvious
I think it's easy for us this day and age to forget just how massive this planet is in relation to us and our stuff. It's also easy to notice that conspiracy has gone so mainstream in recent years that nothing is an accident anymore (that just makes everything worse). That is as crazy as disappearing planes. It's happened - we may never know. I just feel bad for the families. I hope something turns up one day to give some closure.

Yes, agreed... and I hate the mentality that people have where they say "We can track a missile but we can't track a plane" ... well that's just silly since missiles and planes are very different beasts.. missiles also don't tend to follow commercial flight paths, travel at higher speeds and have distinct radar signatures that make them easier to identify than one of perhaps a few dozen commercial aircraft flying similar routes in short periods of time.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

Yes but even with 100 aircraft all flying in the same area...it is still possible to individually identify each aircraft's heading altitude range and speed...your local airport does it all the time!

GS

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

This is my theory and I am sticking to it political sabotage.

UPDATE: Malaysian #MH370 Pilot Was Political Fanatic – Attended Trial of Opposition Leader Hours Before Flight

The Mail on Sunday has learned that Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah was an ‘obsessive’ supporter of Malaysia’s opposition leader, Anwar Ibrahim. And hours before the doomed flight left Kuala Lumpur it is understood 53-year-old Shah attended a controversial trial in which Ibrahim was jailed for five years.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I didn't realize having friends and a lifetime of experience was a crime now.

I said I have friends that have been there not are there.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Your local airport does it by using transponders. No transponder, do identification data.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join