It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aldine ISD police: Middle school teacher gives student lap dance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Bottom line...

Why would you jeopardize your job with those actions? Your career and future?

Who knows, maybe those two end up getting married and have the very best of successful lives, I don't see it, but maybe it does happen.

Some are allowed to get a pass. WHY? I don't know, but they do. With everybody, especially teenagers, having a camera phone on them at all times, footage like this is always bound to get out. Who does it really reflect on?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dfens

I made a lengthy presentation in a course a few semesters ago on Cameras in the Classroom. I don't believe it would be (or was) a big winner with faculty, but if they have something to worry about then they can quit and leave the property as quickly as two legs can carry them. I really have absolutely no tolerance, of any kind, for bad teachers. This was...real bad..for ethics and judgement, at least.

Now, I'd also say that if they could flush the bad ones by recording bad acts and just firing directly for cause as quickly as they're found ...the Good teachers who aren't doing things ought to be paid more. A lot more, honestly. It's a hard job in various ways not always obvious.

One of the cases I used for my presentation was out of Southern California (two, actually...but the first one is history book old for many people) and dealt with a teacher who had been molesting kids in the classroom for years. It was a horrible case, and however rare, one is too many for the "loss" of privacy in a public space.

Vid them, and they shall stop. At least in some ways, and in those rooms. That's enough, IMO. (Oh...and feeds be available to the parents of students scheduled in that room.) It would change our education system inside a year.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

To create a parable... Cops vs. citizens. Right and wrong.

A kid gets a lapdance from his teacher. A kid gets his locker searched by inhouse cops. Where does it lead?

Teacher used to be one of control. The chick's bail was only 30K. She got fired, of course. Does it make a difference?

If you advocate video in every classroom? You are not the same. There is a fine line towards getting through and pushing it too far.

Nothing has changed since I've been a kid. Except for internet. And internet phones.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dfens

I largely agree with you. A lot has changed since I was in school though. Too much.... It really doesn't hit home until going by the schools I attended in the 80's. I did that a few years ago and they looked like that we would have called min. security prisons back then. Minimal wire across the top of the unbroken perimeter fencing and heavy turn-style bar type entryways in the fence at one of them. (sigh)

We never used to be scared of the world beyond our windows. We never used to build to defend from the bogeyman, in all directions. Then again, kids back then didn't know the threat as sometimes IN the classroom and not outside it. McMartin Preschool was the other test case I used in my presentation. Anyone who lived that period, recalls that case. At least anyone near Southern California.

Absolutely nothing wrong actually happened there. Not one child had actually been vicitmized. Not one time. However, for those who haven't heard the case, it's one to stand as a monument to misconduct of the State. A camera in the corner of the common class areas and outside areas would have ended most of it before it got a couple days into the first inquiry. The wonders of technology, for going both directions.
edit on 26-4-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

This wouldn't happen in home school!

Just saying!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I disagree upon the fact that kids didn't worry. I was from the early nineties. I had sisters from the eighties. I could care less what label you place. There are people who manipulate their position for self gratification. Man/Woman.

I can agree that we were, to a lesser degree, victimized. Only because, if you're my age, you called it. Maybe that's why it lasted before the cops got involved.

Thread topic says she might not be fit to teach kids. Why do some get remandered from being what they are best and capable at?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Vid them, and they shall stop. At least in some ways, and in those rooms. That's enough, IMO. (Oh...and feeds be available to the parents of students scheduled in that room.) It would change our education system inside a year.

When my son was in 7th grade it was found his PE teacher was taking boys home to "practice". he didn't do anything at school, I assume one of the boys talked, glad he hated my son as he was not into sports. They did nothing to him but fired him and he moved on to somewhere else after molesting dozens of boys.

A teacher can ruin a life or make a life at this stage, not just by sexual behavior but many ways, our teachers should be chosen carefully and trained carefully.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

whats wrong with teachers these days?

ssris?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I've always ferlt very strongly that Teachers are in a class removed from the rest of society. Much like Police and Doctors. All three have very dramatic and life changing impact on the people they interact with as a routine course of work, every day.

In the case of teachers, it can be more seriosu for the impact because a teacher molds the very perceptions and base of critical thinking each child will carry into adulthood.

I'd be very strong in supporting MUCH higher standards demanded, not asked, of teachers in this nation. First and foremost..THEY can pass every standardized test they issue with at least a B or above. If they can't pass what they hand out for student to take? Come back when they can. They have NO business in a classroom until then. (I'd guess we cut 20% or more in the first week of that requirement being in place with NO forgiveness to be go/no go).

Added to that, I do think teachers should be held to a higher standard of morality and well above average. If they can't keep their lives straight for whats right, then again, there are plenty of jobs that aren't molding the minds of young children. They can find one elsewhere.....and perhaps, with video to catch what is missed, those two measures alone would tend to catch the perverts and criminals that form a predatory threat to our children INSIDE the schools themselves.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: Char-Lee

I've always ferlt very strongly that Teachers are in a class removed from the rest of society. Much like Police and Doctors. All three have very dramatic and life changing impact on the people they interact with as a routine course of work, every day.

In the case of teachers, it can be more seriosu for the impact because a teacher molds the very perceptions and base of critical thinking each child will carry into adulthood.

Well said....

Teachers are the very reason I absolutely despise and loathe any and all authority figures. All stemming from an incident in grammar school; where I was wrongly accused, punished and humiliated in front of my class.
I don't trust authority and never a truer statement was ever made than "All power corrupts"

Control freaks and their lap dogs are the lowest form of despicable scum on the planet.

The lust for control and power is the most evil, diabolical mental and moral sickness I can think of...

The insulting label of "people like you" I have been given here at ATS is more appropriate than you can ever imagine!
edit on 27-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join