It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible is the bait and hook the "devil" uses to get you.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I'm not sure whether you would of seen this video but the book was apparently written by his brother James along with a book which may of pre-dated the gospels and it doe not mention Jesus calling himself the Son of God or part of a trinity.

edit on 24-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

IF you're referring to John which is where you find him using the term "son of God"... It wasn't written by James it is a compilation of different bits and pieces of text which are assumed to be written by John... but theres no proof of any Authorship in any of the gospels... all of them are assumed...

And the trinity is most definitely not mentioned in any of the gospels... but i will take a look at your video none the less

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: lupodigubbio

Regardless of what the "Right" answer may be..containing everything from Science to Religion to Spirituality and beyond. It appears as if the planet has believed the "Lie" for so long that it has nary an idea of where to locate the truth.

We're merely on a space-ship that "LITERALLY" worships a gigantic nuclear bomb that has been hijacked by true psychopaths. Illuminati/Annunaki/Masonry/Satan aside. This world is controlled by beings that have our best interest in mind.
It's 2014. Why all the suffering and poverty? Why the worship of material wealth? None of this stuff matters when you stop to look at just what it takes to make the world go round and protect it. It's so odd. This isn't God's world (if it exists) it clearly belongs to the other side.

Are we unborn?
Are we in Sheol?
Are we in Hades?
Will they rapture us?
Will they rescue us?
Will God ever manifest in form? (Again) (For the first time?)

The truth is often concealed in the lies.
The TRUE mystery of our past is just that... (A MYSTERY)
Everyone has a piece of it.
What is yours?

(Edit)
To add- I guess what I am attempting to type/speak right here..is that We CLEARlY have lost sight of why we are here on earth. Or we have never been told why we are here. We guess and base it off of things which we create which compared exponentially with the universe. Seems to make next to no sense. Perhaps their is a reason that there are 12 signs of the zodiac, why there were 12 tribes of israel..why there were 12 disciples. Based on the recent admissions that more asteroids hit the earth than were thought. What are asteroids and comets sometimes made of? The earth is a ball of energy speeding at an incredible rate around an insanely large ball of fire. In the "pool" of what essentially is everything/was made by something/everything. We CAN create our own realities. We ARE linked to the stars. Yet why? Why are we here and why haven't we left? Or have we? Did we? To the victor goes the spoils i suppose.

Tens of Thousands of years creates a very wide story arch. These stories likely began when people couldn't even speak and were handed down and slowly written down and massively distributed. Inasmuch. regardless of if you side with Evolution or Atheism or Agnosticism or Theism. Consider that regardless of Evolution OR Creation.... IT TOOK A LOT OF MIRACLES.

So why are we expected to pick a side? What causes people to be so blind? Science is the pinnacle of Virtues bestowed to us from God(s).
Why are we using it for such insane purposes? It brings us to the most amazing technologies and discoveries but even THAT retards us from our most basic of technological feats. Or perhaps understanding the purpose/premise of why we are here would perhaps lend us ideas into how to make the most out of it.
In our world one could argue that Language is God. It brings people together. On another world it could be sign language or cave paintings. May have been in the past.

The idea is that we overlook the fact that we quite LITERALLY are a miracle, experiencing something so bold and incomprehensible that we are just now.. 10's to hundereds of thousands of years after we began or were created beginning to understand what it is and what is going on and yet we still know next to nothing about that cosmic ocean that surrounds us.

Where did the desire to find this go? IN all areas of life and civilization?
We're literally all here together. For a purpose.

Are we dead and waiting?
Are we truly alive?
Are we asleep?
Are we unborn?
Why are we here?
Will it return?
Will we find a way to leave?
Will that return for us?
Will they rapture us?
Will they destroy us?
Will we destroy us?
When?
We know that we shouldn't live life in fear.
Yet we lose sight of this over simple things ignoring just how scary it is out there?
This is.. for better or worse. Our home for now. What comes? We can only find out.
Depending on your age. YOUR RIDE has probably been quite the experience.

So I guess in conclusion. When did the lie start? Who's hiding the truth?
Will we...only visit the heavens TOGETHER?
Or will time run out and select survive?
What does it all mean?
Does it mean anything?

People get wrapped up in what really is essentially "sin" "immorality" ..not everyone but it happens. This corruption of the human mind. Is a virus. It can be deadly. To everyone including the individual.
Namaste.
edit on 24-4-2014 by WhoWhatWhenWhere2420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2014 by WhoWhatWhenWhere2420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: randyvs
IF Christianity ever becomes punishable by death... and I find it highly unlikely that will ever happen...

It will only be because of What Christians have turned the religion into and nothing more...

Tolerance is preached but not practiced In the ranks of said religion... And the only ones to blame for it is its adherents

I think you're afraid of commitment.

Namaste

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

heh... Whats to be afraid of...

Not all my beliefs would can be considered Christian anyways... Some come from gnostic texts... some from Buddhist

And i don't believe in any Trinity either... so im not Christian because that alone is required apparently

At least according to the church... Not according to him

IF anything, Christians are afraid to look outside their book... Or admit that their book doesn't line up with their beliefs

I am not afraid to go against the grain... or what Christianity says I should believe

edit on 24-4-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I think that it goes to which came first the truth or the lie ...Only a lie needs correcting and the truth sets you free .peace

in the beginning was the word.

(post by Logarock removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Akragon

You think if you choose to follow Christ it's a broad path?

You may want to rephrase that so, I'll wait.

I think if one Chooses any organized religion especially Christianity... it is a VERY broad path...

Just because one chooses a label for themselves does not mean they Follow his words...

Having read hundreds of your posts its clear you follow a very wide path. You have narrowed nothing down.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: adjensen

All other debates on the matter aside, Elijah never died, so he couldn't have been reincarnated into the person of John the Baptist (who directly rejected claims that he was Elijah, as well.)

Do you have scripture that confirms that Elijah's flesh survived the ride in the "Chariot of Fire" said to have "taken" him?

Sure I will take you up on that. Elijah is in a state of transfiguration. As you know Christ transfigured with Him for a moment and then resumed His natural state. Now there is a whole discussion here but to simply answer your question yes the flesh survives this condition, a temporary suspension of the natural deterioration of the body.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I wonder if ATS would allow a post like this if it attacked muslems and there holy book in the same way this attacks the bible and christians

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: TDawg61

I could go on but your eternal soul's damnation will suffice,fool heathen...

Wow.

Are you proud of yourself now? Having judged and condemned someone? Does that make you HAPPY?!!

Pathetic.
And so far off course it's laughable.
Shame on you.

Well not really off course at all. The bible tells of several conditions that lead to certain condemnation and evidence for these conditions. The idea is only laughable to someone who hasn't read the book and buys into the hype.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

to say that your interpretation is more valid than mine, simply because it supports your belief which does not originate in scripture, is not reasonable.

But...
but,
it DOES originate in scripture! And not just the 'Christian' scripture, either. There are other holy texts, you know that. And many of them DO speak of actual reincarnation in a flesh/bone body after one flesh/bone body "dies."

So, that interpretation just doesn't get included in your Christian denomination's teaching of said scripture.
Which is unfortunate. IMO. Doesn't mean it's (reincarnation is) an invalid interpretation, though. I find it pretty easy to feel comfortable with it.

Christianity teaches a regeneration of the original body into a new state not a cycle of going through the womb again into a new body until the desired condition is achieved.

Now in all seriousness if you don't understand those basic differences why are you even commenting? You don't even understand the differences of these basic issues and yet are engaging in criticism?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
I wonder if ATS would allow a post like this if it attacked muslems and there holy book in the same way this attacks the bible and christians

Why shouldn't the bible be under the most rigorous scrutiny possible? Because it's God's word and he will destroy us for questioning his character and authority? Don't you see how deep this indoctrination penetrates?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: lupodigubbio

Why shouldn't the bible be under the most rigorous scrutiny possible? Because it's God's word and he will destroy us for questioning his character and authority? Don't you see how deep this indoctrination penetrates?

It has been under rigorous scrutiny for centuries by scholars, critics, sinners and saints. What are you talking about?!

And by the way, 99% of what you see on ATS as examinations of the bible are really nothing of the sorts. This thread is not even real scrutiny but a rather add hoc hackings and blasting's by amateurs and pseudo/arm chair QBs.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: windword

All other debates on the matter aside, Elijah never died, so he couldn't have been reincarnated into the person of John the Baptist (who directly rejected claims that he was Elijah, as well.)

Do you have scripture that confirms that Elijah's flesh survived the ride in the "Chariot of Fire" said to have "taken" him?

Sure I will take you up on that. Elijah is in a state of transfiguration. As you know Christ transfigured with Him for a moment and then resumed His natural state. Now there is a whole discussion here but to simply answer your question yes the flesh survives this condition, a temporary suspension of the natural deterioration of the body.

And by "temporary" you mean thousands of years... ookayyy

A transfiguration is not an extended or permanent condition but a brief state where the temporary and the eternal meet and the body changes appearance. Also, only Christ transfigured during that narrative...Elijah and Moses did not...they just appeared as witnesses. One had died long ago, the other was taken, but this doesn't mean he didn't die. They were apparitions.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

It has been under rigorous scrutiny for centuries by scholars, critics, sinners and saints. What are you talking about?!

And by the way, 99% of what you see on ATS as examinations of the bible are really nothing of the sorts. This thread is not even real scrutiny but a rather add hoc hackings and blasting's by amateurs and pseudo/arm chair QBs.

Save it for Oprah.

The other angry dude asked why ATS should allow this "attack" on the bible and not the Qumran and I answered.
You of course are part of the 1% that truly has examined the bible, I'm sure. If you are such an expert, why are you lowering your standards with amateurs and pseudo whatevers? Shouldn't you be in some university or pulpit sharing your enlightenment?

Oh wait..you're defending your God's good name...or are you trying to sow the seed of the gospel so that it blooms in the hearts of the heathen?. Either way you're doing a very poor job.
edit on 25-4-2014 by lupodigubbio because: typo

edit on 25-4-2014 by lupodigubbio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: On7a7higher7plane
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Religion relies on external sources, cult relies internal sources.

Which external sources? The Bible? That is just one source and is within the religion. Not to mention, many of the stories within cannot be shown to be true or have been shown to be false, since they don't jive with the historical record.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: lupodigubbio
Read what I wrote, I only asked if the attack was on the muslem religion would it be aloud by ATS. Im not defending nor attacking, just asking. People really need to read what is posted and not read what they think is written.

edit on 25-4-2014 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Of course they do.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Save it for Oprah.

The other angry dude asked why ATS should allow this "attack" on the bible and not the Qumran and I answered.
You of course are part of the 1% that truly has examined the bible, I'm sure. If you are such an expert, why are you lowering your standards with amateurs and pseudo whatevers? Shouldn't you be in some university or pulpit sharing your enlightenment?

Oh wait..you're defending your God's good name...or are you trying to sow the seed of the gospel so that it blooms in the hearts of the heathen?. Either way you're doing a very poor job.

Ok there Savonarola.

If I were part of the 1%, you are by the way so generous in your estimation of christians, you probably wouldn't know it. But by all means carry on your discourse about the book of "manure" as you call it. Pluck out those "gems" for the unlearned masses.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join