It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible is the bait and hook the "devil" uses to get you.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Akragon

I'm not just calling you a hypocrite. Read the damn post over
and skip getting all but hurt.

And you told me previously you didn't agree with your girlfriends Christanity.
But you repected her beliefs just the same. there was no information of
how long you've studied or any of that. So naturally I was asking that to
remind you of that conversation. Didn't mean to sink any teeth brother.
Not at all.

Maybe you should read it for yourself...

Wow, throw scripture at me, which not only doesn't answer my
question. But seems to define you as a hypocrite as well. And that
just puts you in the same boat with the rest of us. But what led you to
follow Christ, your girlfriend?

You asked be to define following Jesus... i gave you the way, the truth and the life as he said it...

What did you expect me to do... starting rambling on about how the bible is the infallible word of God?

Keep in mind i am not Christian... or any other label for that matter

Like i said i met her 8 months ago... I've been here for much longer and i know you've read my threads... Lets not play the ignorance card here... ignorance is no excuse for the way you speak to me in the past little while...

Edit: don't ya hate when people edit

You seem to be trying divide Christ and Christianity. Are you ? If so join the rest
of us hypocrites. Do really get all bent at being called a hypocrite? Because I couldn't
care less when you call me that Or anyone else for that matter.

Perhaps you missed the part in that passage i quoted.... as I've said most of you Christians seem to over look it...

It says JUDGE NOT...

edit on 24-4-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

You seem to be trying divide Christ and Christianity. Are you ? If so join the rest
of us hypocrites. Do you really get all bent at being called a hypocrite? Because
I couldn't care less when you call me that. Or anyone else for that matter.
And I only said it seems like that. And that isn't my fault.

edit on Rpm42414v202014u18 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Uh huh, Uh huh,Uh huh,Uh huh,....

One must be accountable to one's self, by one's self in consideration of others.
a reply to: muzzleflash

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

of us hypocrites. Do you really get all bent at being called a hypocrite? Because I couldn't
care less when you call me that. Or anyone else for that matter.

Yes i am... There is a vast difference between claiming a label, and following the man who the label was named after...

Being Christian does not mean you automatically understand what he said... or follow his words...

IF that was the case there would be one version of the religion not 40 thousand

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: On7a7higher7plane

Those who look earnestly can find what they are looking for, everyone except for those who God damned as a consequence of their own actions.

Going by the above the majority of the world is screwed and there would only be a handful of people who wouldn't fit in the above description. Though I see what you are saying, I think it could be explained more thoroughly because there are many different factors when it comes to denying god etc.

For those who have been damned by God their is no hope, their hearts are sealed and they might as well satisfy themselves sensually until they meet their judgement because their opposition is just a waste of their time.

The same again here, it needs to be explained more. Which people are damned, why they are damned and so on. We cannot simply say that everyone is screwed without giving an example of why. The reason is because of the responses you get from other people who clearly don't understand what your talking about.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

It says JUDGE NOT...

Sure does AK, that doesn't bar us Christ following Christians from
having opinions. Because opinions come with out sentencing.
And what you're saying seems like hypocrisy IMO. I follow Christ
but I'm not a Christian? See, I'm the one waiting on you here AK.
So show me how I'm getting that wrong? Please.

No edits

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
When I am hungry I follow food or the scent of it, when I am tired I seek shelter to rest, when I am angry or confused I seek an explanation for my anger and confusion in faith?..

I am an animal, I can accept that, religion is refusal to accept the obvious.a reply to: randyvs

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

It says JUDGE NOT...

Sure does AK, that doesn't bar us Christ following Christians from
having opinions. Because opinions come with out sentencing.
And what you're saying seems like hypocrisy IMO. I follow Christ
but I'm not a Christian? See, I'm the one waiting on you here AK.
So show me how I'm getting that wrong? Please.

No edits

Gladly...

IF I claimed that label I would be grouping myself in with the rest of you... And as I've said numerous times in this thread and many others... Christians claim to follow Jesus, yet most of them don't even know the gospels which is where you'll find the Path to following him... Since I've been on ATS I've even learned that some so called Christians will even go so far as to attempt to counter the words of Jesus with Paul... which literally blew my mind!

I don't need to label myself to follow his words, and the gospels are not exclusive to those claiming said label...

Even if I did claim to be Christian I would be labeled a Heretic by Christians anyways.... so what is the point...

You label me as you will... but I will not accept a label for my beliefs because they are what they are...

Honestly its a damn good thing I am not living in biblical days... You and the rest of the Christian community would have me on a burning stake IF I claimed your label...

Shameless Bump!!

Judge a tree by the fruit it bears right? Well Christianity has always produced rotten fruit...

The proof of which is in the proverbial pudding

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You're a drag.

The hard truth is the interesting truth and I love to state the obvious.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

About the people that are God damned, I could have left that part out. It wasn't exactly crucial. When God damns it's serious, you have to make a serious offense. This doesn't apply to most people. The damned were damned, their endeavors were damned and the underdogs really did a number on them. There are many people out there who know a lot of people who've never seen a person who was damned by God in their lives, but 2,000 years ago it was a different story. They have to hide in this day and age.
edit on 24-4-2014 by On7a7higher7plane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

The explanation is acceptable.
But why didn't you just correct me when I said it seems like hypocrisy?
Instead of accusing me of having a problem with you?
You should be able minded enough to know what you were saying
is going to look like in text. I'd also like to point out how it seems
cowardly, or are you going to get all but hurt again?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I try my best not to get defensive when people insult me.... but you seem to do it a lot lately...

And how is it cowardly?

I proudly proclaim that I AM NOT Christian to anyone who wonders...

What is cowardly is hiding behind a book as Christians do... Using it to justify disgusting behaviour as Christians do...

Using it to condem other people As Jesus told us NOT TO DO.... Yet most Christians do it with pride...

How could you even wonder why I won't claim that label... I AM NOT ONE OF YOU... and I say it with pride...

But Jesus also said those who are not against me are with me.... So I am not part of your flock... but I still follow his words

I choose to think of myself as the shepards lowly dog... nipping at Christians heels to keep you silly sheep in line

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Here's the thing AK. We are exactly the same you and I.
I just have more interest in you than you do me. Because
if you did have the interest in me, you would know we
are the same. Because I've written my creed down in many
threads. We are the same because I don't buy into any religion.

I'm not any of the forty thousand you a for mentioned. Never
was Baptist, Catholic etc etc. etc. etc. etc. And the way I was
brought up, I could've been anything even atheist. So maybe our
difference is only that you see Christianity as another religion
amoung the forty thousand. Just another label.
And I see it as the narrow path where those forty thousand
should lead us. I'm not anything AK. I don't have the first week
of study in a college. But some how I came to follow and proudly
will claim the path of the straight and narrow, in public or private
doesn't matter.
So it is possible to believe exactly as you do, as I do and still
carry the "label" if that's all it is to you. But that's not what it
is for me. Christianity for me is really very simple. It is the truth
that will live forever, the life that will live forever and the way
to love our Father in Heaven forever.
The only other difference really, is when Christianity becomes
punishable by death some day and it will. I will go to the gallows
because I believe in Christ. You may have the advantage of a
loop hole.

edit on Rpm42414v58201400000007 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Wait, so you believe the Romans altered the bible at the Council of Nicaea? Am I getting that right? If so, I agree 100%.

But now I'm confused as to your argument.
edit on 4/24/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
IF Christianity ever becomes punishable by death... and I find it highly unlikely that will ever happen...

It will only be because of What Christians have turned the religion into and nothing more...

Tolerance is preached but not practiced In the ranks of said religion... And the only ones to blame for it is its adherents

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Wait, so you believe the Romans altered the bible at the Council of Nicaragua? Am I getting that right? If so, I agree 100%.

But now I'm confused as to your argument.

Well put it this way. Arabs in the region would likely know the truth about what happened 2000 years ago and some Christian texts seem to agree with the Islamic point of view also. If the teachings were in fact changed at Nicaea and people knew this then it would seem a smart idea to create a religion which would counter the false teaching. Now whether that was divinely inspired or what who knows. But when it comes down to it, Islam recognises Jesus as the true Messiah and it disagrees with the story of the Bible. That story was also possibly edited in 325.

So what I'm saying is Muslims were given another doctrine to follow instead of the Romanised version of the Gospels which in fact are false doctrines. I actually believe that Islam was sent to counter the Roman version of Christianity. If the true teachings are in the Bible then there wouldn't be any need to send more teachings but for some reason more were sent and this makes me wonder, Why? If the teachings in the Bible are correct, why would more teachings be sent to Muslims in the first place?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

The romanized version of the gospels?

Which part of the gospels are false according to you?

And of all that councils why did you pick Nicaea?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

The romanized version of the gospels?

Which part of the gospels are false according to you?

And of all that councils why did you pick Nicaea?

Nicaea was the first council in which the Romans recognised Christianity as their state religion and this came straight after centuries of Roman persecution of Christians. So how would I look at it?

Firstly, persecuting the true followers of Christ will cover the truth, after that you can convert and change the teaching to what ever you feel like because none of the followers are alive to question it. As for the teachings themselves, I couldn't tell you what is real or what is fake because it is almost scripted to perfect but what I can tell you is this.

There is no evidence to suggest that Jesus was hung on a cross, there is no evidence to suggest that Jesus was born or died at Easter or Christmas. There is no evidence to suggest that Jesus called himself the Son of God. So if this is the case, then where have all these rituals and teachings come from?

When you do a bit of digging you will find that Roman rituals have been incorporated into the Christian religion and if that is true I believe 100% that they have changed the teachings somehow to appease the Romans or Pagans of their day. That was a big mistake and discredits anything the Romans ever done concerning Christianity because most of those rituals are actually Idolatry.

BTW, I'm not saying that the entire teaching is a fraud. Just like the media of today who give some truth with a bit of bs on the side, I believe the same has happened with the Bible. They have given the reader some degree of truth while also adding their own bs to suit their aspirations.
edit on 24-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Well he wasn't hung on a cross, he was nailed to a stake, and that's actually what the bible says...

It does not however say anything about Easter or Christmas, those things were decided long after he was dead...

And the earliest texts we have do say he claimed to be the son of God... Furthermore the OT also says we are all children of God so that seems to fall in line with what he said in the gospels...

Nicaea on the other hand was not about changing or editing books, it was about the Arian Crontroversy... i actually just wrote a thread on it...

So why would you think that God handed down another set of rules 600 years after the death of Jesus?

What makes you believe the quran is more accurate then the gospels are when they were written within 100 years of his death?

BTW, I'm not saying that the entire teaching is a fraud. Just like the media of today who give some truth with a bit of bs on the side, I believe the same has happened with the Bible. They have given the reader some degree of truth while also adding their own bs to suit their aspirations.

This makes sense at least... which i do actually agree with to an extent... but i believe its more the preachers of said religion that are responsible for the issues Rather then the gospels

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: lupodigubbio

You see, one of the biggest, most fallacious and repeated cliches of all time says time and time again:
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist"

Thats a line from the film "the usual suspects" , its hardly the biggest, most fallacious and repeated cliches of all time, LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join