It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.7 Off of Vancouver island just now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

What do you mean?
I'm sorry you lost me?

Well anyway, I think you may be seeing a bigger issue here
than there really is so, have fun with it.

edit on Ram42414v402014u11 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

i took your comment too be in the "my quake is bigger,than your quake" vein of scientific analysis.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Didn't feel a thing. I'll be getting the survival kit handy though. Make sure to sleep with your shoes by your bed. Last thing you want is to cripple yourself right off the bat with feet full of broken glass and other debris.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I am willing to bet that there will be a 7+ either to the north or south of this EQ within a couple of weeks, maybe sooner.
I'm talking Southeast Alaska and/or Seattle area.

Also Cali, because the pattern that seems to be emerging from the ring of fire in the last month (my own observation and I am no EQ scientist) is a traveling of energy from South America up into Mexico, I believe California would be next, although it seems to have bypassed and gone farther north.

I've been watching.

But then this is just all speculation based on observation.

c(_)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Ah now I understand. Nah, I only got as far as people relate
them socially and then everything went TV snow.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
I'm sure living in cali you are used to quakes. I'm also sure living in cali you would be a sissy if the temps dropped and heavy snow came down, power outages for days or weeks. It's all relative.

This is a significant quake in my region. Some of Vancouver is situated on clay soil and will cause liquification. It's a major city. High population. So we worry, could a bigger one strike.

edit on 24-4-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Liquifaction, big apex for sure.
And when the temps drop, sissy would lightly
describe me. More like mangina.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
We should all read through thIs.
How to prepare, what to do, what to pack etc

Emergency management BC
There's instructions on how to sanitize water with a few drops of bleach. If needed.
edit on 24-4-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I don't see any more aftershocks related to this quake today. There were quite a few small tremors yesterday through Washington state

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71
I think one will as well. Somewhere on the west coast of n or s America

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I live on Vancouver Island, and was reading on my computer when this tremor struck. I didn't notice a thing, and this thread comes as quite a surprise. I guess the quake must have shook some areas a lot more than others.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

The west coast of US and Canada has gotten off easy so far.

Lets just hope it stays that way.

But it is due for something.

You can almost space out the larger EQs around the ring of fire at this point and measure them with your fingers on the USGS map and figure out where larger EQs should hit. At least that is how my mind has been working with the map the last few weeks. Shifting seems to be going counter clockwise, and spaced about a week to two weeks apart between 6+ quakes. Going up the coast of South America and then into Mexico, and now Canada, perhaps California got skipped/lucky?

2014-04-23
6.6 94km S of Port Hardy, Canada
19:10:12 UTC-08:00 11.4 km

2014-04-18
7.2 36km NNW of Tecpan de Galeana, Mexico
09:27:26 UTC-05:00 24.0 km

2014-04-11
6.6 18km S of Nandaime, Nicaragua
14:29:13 UTC-06:00 135.0 km

2014-04-01
8.2 95km NW of Iquique, Chile
18:46:46 UTC-05:00 20.1 km

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Quite big for Canada no?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555
A plate fell off my dish rack, I thought nothing of it. I'm going to use my earthquake kit as a pillow for the next week or so..... just in case.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I got the alerts thru my cell, but felt nothing in the Lynnwood/Edmonds area north of Seattle. And I'm right next to the water.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I got to call bull# on the puget sound quakes- I live in Seattle, and there wasn't any rumbling here at all. No news, no reports. Record rainfall, but that is it.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Here's hoping that was the BIG one and things will calm down for you.
It's interesting to see the comments regarding feeling the quake or not. I'm no geologist but I've talked with several who have explained how the underlying strata affect the transmission of the forces generated by the quake.
We had a strange experience in our summer field camp once with a quake. Our project was next to a construction site which had a mobile home as the office.
One fine summer day we had all settled on the ground in the shade of some big trees for our lunch break when we heard a loud boom. As we were looking at one another questioningly---the doors of the office flew open and several guys tumbled out yelling, "What the heck??? Did you feel that??? Did you see what that phone did?"
We hadn't felt a thing and yet inside the trailer phones and coffee mugs were dancing off the table and books off the shelves. They were convinced that the trailer was about to bounce off its foundations---thus their hasty exit---only to see us calmly sitting on the ground in complete ignorance of any shaking.
We're on the New Madrid fault so we get the little shakers from time to time but that time was the first time I'd ever heard the boom that other people have described hearing.
I don't think I like that prediction of the New Madrid going off in a big way. I've read a lot about the big ones here in the early 19th century. Scary stuff indeed if imposed on today's culture. If it was big enough to rend the Mississippi River bridges, life would change for a great many people.
Stay safe out there, all of you. Keep those grab and go bags stocked and handy.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I lived out in Van for only 9 months before returning back home to Calgary, aside from it being too expensive, being on the fault line really kinda freaked me out...

Still have lots of friends there though..

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It almost looks like there's a game of ping-pong on the earthquake map when it comes to opposite sides of the Ring of Fire. If anything happens shake-wise in American Samoa, I'd be watching out for another big one on the West Coast in North America. Hopefully not too soon though, got family in Seattle.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Looks like there has been a couple more small quakes since yesterday in the same area. It's been a long time since anything like this has happened off The Island. If this activity keeps up we might be looking at a VERY large quake in the near future. Stay safe everyone!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join