It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.7 Off of Vancouver island just now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
There was a foreshocks presumably, 10 mins before the 6.7 downgraded to 6.6 now btw.
Not got any details on that, they said it on BC 1 news channel that's covering it.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Som e guy on tv says if you're close to the Fraser river or other water it would be felt. I'm right on the river. Not felt a thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Happy1
a reply to: nugget1

I'm thinking - weak link - baja california. BIG one. Hope people are keeping safe.

I'm curious about why you think that? I don't think you could find a seismologist that would even begin to agree with that?

Do you have a theory about why that might occur?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Didn't feel anything from these quakes. I don't think we have had a cluster of quakes like that in recent history.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Of course, Living on Vancouver Island myself in the Capital. I live in an area that's mostly comprised of solid rock, so earthquakes are barely felt in my regard due to the fact that rock tends to be sturdier. I would be more worried if I was in Vancouver during a large earthquake though.

Thankfully, The Island is relatively safe when it comes to Earthquakes due to a great majority of the population being on the east coast, with the subduction zone off West far away from the Island. If a Tsunami were to be formed from a quake from that subduction zone, It would likely hit the Northern point of Washington state, and areas such as Jordan River (essentially the west coast of the Island), or Sooke. A good portion of the Western side of the Island is unpopulated though, due to the mountainous terrain and fjords...

I would worry if a large earthquake was to originate in the Juan de Fuca strait though...
edit on V20141524April15Thu, 24 Apr 2014 00:15:18 -0500America/Chicago by VoidFire because: A tired mistake caused me to say "Eastern" instead of "Western"

edit on V20142024April20Thu, 24 Apr 2014 00:20:25 -0500America/Chicago by VoidFire because: Noticed more tired discrepancies

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidFire
Like to point out that you got the West coast and East coast of The Island a bit boggled with regards to population. You might want to edit that a bit.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheWetCoast
Like to point out that you got the West coast and East coast of The Island a bit boggled with regards to population. You might want to edit that a bit.

Oh boy you're right, that's my bad. It's late for me, so I must have had a minor Freudian slip or a brain fart while typing that. As a person who has had a lot of geography classes, that makes me want to face-palm. lol

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Happens to everyone from time to time. I'd suggest that we get extra water stocked up but I think we all got enough already.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Happens to everyone from time to time. I'd suggest that we get extra water stocked up but I think we all got enough already.

I agree, we have a good stock of rice and canned foods on hand, but not enough I'd admit. Good enough that we have a garden. Live across from a shopping center, and very close (within walking distance) to 3 lakes... good for fishing and stuff. We have a lot of camping gear... and a wood stove with plenty of wood. Personally I'd be more worried about collecting food and water and personal and medical amenities.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Westcoast checking in!

And dangit! didn't feel a thing. My neighbors did though! I think its because I was sitting in my family room. We remodeled our garage, and its elevated so it has numerous cement footings and is solid as a rock. We also had the surround on for a movie. Figures.

I am monitoring GEE for any more aftershocks.

No tsunami. Looks like strike-slip motion, so that means it did NOT come from the subduction zone. So far, it appears to have a normal aftershock pattern.

My animals were also quiet (odd for them during a quake) and I didn't notice anything at the time, though I am feeling a bit queasy now. Lots of people mentioning this. I'm very sensitive to motion though.
edit on 24-4-2014 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2014 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Big eg's on the pacific side of south american - with some rumblings north of alaska - cascadia subduction will be huge when it goes (which vancouver island is close to) - eg's moving north off of south american - weak link and volatile baja california (northern mexico/southern CA - which could be drawn to the fault toward OK) -

baja CA will go first - then new madrid and cascadia will follow -

Just a feeling - no education - just watching - I don't feel yellowstone will go at all.

lots of little ones in the carribean -

PS - I don't think I'm psychic or anything.....

Really hope everyone is safe.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidFire

I agree, we have a good stock of rice and canned foods on hand, but not enough I'd admit. Good enough that we have a garden. Live across from a shopping center, and very close (within walking distance) to 3 lakes... good for fishing and stuff. We have a lot of camping gear... and a wood stove with plenty of wood. Personally I'd be more worried about collecting food and water and personal and medical amenities.

Think we just need enough supplies to last 72 hours.

I have to pack the emergency kit now. I never did finish that task. Need a quick grab bag in case you have to get away fast.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

That's so weird because I saw a post a couple of days ago on ATS and the guy said something about the solar fares coming and said get ready for an earthquake. Now I have to try and find who said it because they were right.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: westcoast
Westcoast checking in!

And dangit! didn't feel a thing. My neighbors did though! I think its because I was sitting in my family room. We remodeled our garage, and its elevated so it has numerous cement footings and is solid as a rock. We also had the surround on for a movie. Figures.

I am monitoring GEE for any more aftershocks.

No tsunami. Looks like strike-slip motion, so that means it did NOT come from the subduction zone. So far, it appears to have a normal aftershock pattern.

My animals were also quiet (odd for them during a quake) and I didn't notice anything at the time, though I am feeling a bit queasy now. Lots of people mentioning this. I'm very sensitive to motion though.

We were watching idol, had the sound on through the speakers. I did mention to my daughter I felt a bit dizzy, like I was swaying. No sure it's related to the quake but keep hearing that.

My cats are normal.
Didn't feel the quake. Just had the dizzy thing.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: rjbaggins

That's so weird because I saw a post a couple of days ago on ATS and the guy said something about the solar fares coming and said get ready for an earthquake. Now I have to try and find who said it because they were right.

Yeah I saw that too, but lots of people say it. I say it all the time myself. I think there was an M class flare

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong I agree, 6.7 is a temblor. But do ya ever get
the feel'n that all of Japan is cackling at your thread?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Why?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Because we just had a pretty good shaker down
here in Apple Valley Ca. a couple weeks ago. So
I got a thread similar to yours up about it.

Then that thought crossed my mind. And how most
of what we experience and try to make news of, doesn't
even compare to what those people go thru when there's
a quake. They must think something like:

You call that lil baby rattle a quake ? Or even,

Ahh! what a bunch of sissys!

Anyway, just wondering?
edit on Ram42414v32201400000021 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

so it like a dick swing now??? sick just sick.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join