It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone ever dream of someone they have yet to meet, but eventually meet in real life?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Excuse the semi sappy post. But this site is full of a variety of people from all walks of life. I thought I'd get some opinions.

I keep having dreams of a man. My soulmate, my future husband, whatever you want to call him. We are always together, but the location and times are different in each dream. We are just together, usually walking and I feel completely content. Like I am right where I am suppose to be and I don't have an ounce of stress, or thought, or anything. I am just in the moment. Sounds unexciting, but the dreams and feelings are so intense it has almost made me believe in a parallel universe or something and my dream is a window into it.

These dreams have been going on for over 5 years. I don't know if it is my subconscious projecting since I am miserable in the sense I can't find "the one" or what is going on. I was just curious if anyone has dreamed of someone they didn't know, but eventually ended up meeting this person in real life.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I Actually have but it wasn't good like yours. Mine was negative but it does happen

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PassedKarma

Weird that you bring this up, because i was thinking about this a couple of days ago. I honestly believe I dreamed when I was a teen, every woman I have had a relationship with up until this time. Not temp girlfriends or anything, but real relationships... all in one dream.

I thought about that same dream all my life and as each one came, they were so familiar, then the next was the same, and the next. I'll say again, though, that these were only the long term relationships I've had.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Every face you see in a dream is someone you have met or seen before in your real life.

So keep looking, he might be right around the corner.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
PassedKarma, I recommend that you pay VERY close attention to that dream.

I knew my wife's name and what she looked like 13 years before I even MET her.

All because of a dream that a good friend of mine had.

She told me that she saw me at a wedding and she told me the name of the girl and that I would marry her.

This friends dreams ALWAYS came to pass.

When the time came when I realized that she was the girl in the dream, I was literally stunned and speechless.

We were married and I gave her the nickname "dreamgirl" for obvious reasons.

She was quite literally the girl of my dreams.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Did this person happen to have a badger near by? =D

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yes, my husband and both my children. I knew what they would look like saw them fully in my dreams, knew I was having a boy, then a girl. I dreamed about my husband months before actually meeting him, and when we met it was on yahoo answers, I answered a silly question that he posted with a silly answer. I never would have met him in person, since he lived on the otherside of the US.

Also I dreamt of Germany long before I ever visited. I've had dreams of China, so I hope that means that one day i'll get to go there too.

However on the opposite side I have had some really horrible nightmares, with some awful characters in them. Thankfully my nightmares don't usually come true.

You could very well be dreaming of your soulmate, try just letting things happen on their own see where it leads you.
edit on 22-4-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
When I was in high school, I dreamed about a man who was a little taller than me with dark, curly hair. I couldn't see his voice, but he talked to me and I loved the sound of his voice even though I couldn't remember it.

I'm married to that man and have been for almost 20 years. I now know what his face is like, too.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Similarly to one of the contributors above, I have had dreams of people who would come into my life and have a profound effect. The situations in which I dreamed about them were always fantastic, but the people would be real enough, and then they would materialise in my life.

One example is this...

I actually had a long conversation with a little boy in a dream a number of years ago. We were sitting on a wall talking about life, and what we wanted to happen. He told me that I should never worry. When my son was born, I didn't connect the little boy in the dream with him a year or so ago. I picked him up from school, and there he was sitting on a wall, just like the little boy in my dream... it left me so surprised that I just had to sit down next to him. We didn't have the conversation in real life, as we did in the dream, but there was a moment when I looked down at him and he looked at me smiling, and it felt as though the two moments were utterly connected. Perhaps they were, I can't really be sure.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
When i was around 16 i was so in love with the guy i was with, and i remember one night lying in bed wondering if he was the one. That night i had a dream about a guy with brown eyes and dark hair, when i woke up i was not happy about it because my boyfriend at the time was blond blue eyes. Im now married to that brown eyed brown hair guy, it was him.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I have a lot - There's been a couple to memory where I'm with someone that I wouldn't meet until later on in life.

There is one lucid dream, however, that I am still waiting to happen. To keep matters short, the person in the dream gave me her phone number, and told me to "write it down & keep it safe". Well, seeing as I was lucid, I figured that I would be able to remember the number - so I wrote it down on a dream piece of paper in big, bold numbers, and hid it in a location in the dream-version of my house. She even put a big emphasis on how her name was spelled, and wouldn't let me "leave" until I was able to say it aloud back to her. The last words I remembered before I started to lose awareness was "Remember my name; and come find me". As she said that, it was almost a weird feeling; almost like how you feel when a first date gives you a kiss, except this was much stronger than anything I've ever felt in the waking world.

The sad part about it was that it was almost like she knew I would wake up and forget the phone number; which I did. I woke up crying, repeating her first name. That was years ago, and it's still vividly in my mind. Now, my focus is on a dream quest to find that phone number

-fossilera

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

The sad part about it was that it was almost like she knew I would wake up and forget the phone number; which I did

Geez...I feel for you, man. I've lost plenty of phone numbers, but always had the luck to find them. Heres hoping your quest comes to fruition, sooner rather than later.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Before my first child was born, my ex had a dream of a little redheaded boy walking up to him an telling him bluntly that his name was Dylan. We didn't know the sex of the baby so when a ginger boy was born, we couldn't not call him Dylan. He turned out just like the dream... Confident and telling us just how it's going to be.

It all came clear for me at a festival when my son was five. I lost him at a huge festival and I was worried sick. After about an hou, rthe band, spearhead, stopped playing and the singer asked if the adult responsible for Dylan would come up on stage. There he was deaking out the bouncers and yelling "what's your name?"at the singer.

The singer answered that his name was Michael and asked what my son's was. My son rolled his eyes and bellowed "Dylan, of course!" the whole crowd cheered and chanted his name.

At that moment the hugest sense of deja vu hit me and I started tearing up because I had made the connection too. (later on my son said he only went on stage because he thought it was Bob Marley!

I believe there is a connection.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I've met people I knew well but had never met before. That's happened about three times. It's very confusing.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
When I was 10 I had a dream about a girl which was so real I was love sick for days because the dream wouldn´t return. I remember her face and her name and how much I loved her.

4 years later and after moving to the other side of the country I met this girl......we are still together after 22 years and I still love her as much as the day I dreamed about her.

Peace

edit on 22-4-2014 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
My husband dreamt of me years before we met, i think he was about 12 at the time, he dreamt of us on a ferris wheel, he said we were just talking and making plans, he doesnt remember what plans, but he said it was the best dream he has ever had, he said he felt happy and content and very comfortable during the dream.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
yeah Ive dreamed about a beautiful girl just the once, she told me "she was waiting for me " kissed me softly i think she also said " hurry "

i forgot all about it until now, wonder if she's still waiting

some of my other vivid dreams have came true, just wish the lottery win and the move to San Francisco dream's would come to fruition lol

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I once dreamed of my son while pregnant with him.Saw him sitting in a grocery cart I was pushing,he was about 18 months old.All came true.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i dont post much anymore just lurk but this post really intrigued me.
I constantly have dreams of people i am going to meet in the future. I always no because i wake up and think wow that was weird and so vivid. It may be 3 years later till that dream comes to pass. Although the people or place always seem to have some major impact on my life.

The latest dream come true happened very recently i began a new job and trained with the same group of people for months a small group of 9 and became rather close with everyone considering we had training for 8 weeks. When the training was over and we respectively began our actual assignment i was seated next to one of the people i talked to every day and at that moment the "de ja vu" moment where i dreamed about sitting there and having that exact conversation and i can even pinpoint that i remember having the dream of him in 8th grade.

i'm not sure if he has an impact on my life, im not saying we are going to be together because i am in a very happy relationship. But i feel that something he may say or do may open my eyes to something that may be good for me.

I have learned to except these "visions" to help guide me through life. Weather you look at it as a dream, a guardian angel, god or even a parallel universe. Dreams do tell you something.

The scariest dream that ever came real was when i was ten i had a dream we were attacked by another country by planes i woke up screaming and crying and my dad had to comfort me. Not even 2 months later 911 happened and i will never forget that day and it is when i really took an interest into my dreams. My mother and my father were in just disbelief they were so scared they picked me up from school and gave me 21 questions about everything i could remember from dream. I will never forget the look on my mother's face when my father began to tell her about my dream on that day.

so needless to say dreams mean something we may never know the answer in our lifetime. But in my best opinion your dream guy may be staring you in the face this whole time and that is why you have been dreaming of him for 5 years but he may just not have the appearance of the guy from your dream yet.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yes, My husband. Dream-
I was a passenger in car in what I felt was a street in New Orleans. I saw someone in an empty storefront window. I asked the driver to back up and stop the car. I got out and went into the store. A rough looking woman whom I decided was a fortune teller of sorts stood behind nothing but a long, plain, folding table. I walked up and she wrote with a black marker on a white piece of paper a word, and slid it towards me. The word was a name. She never spoke. I walked out without the paper.

I woke up and immediately felt an overwhelming need to remember what was written on the paper, as I remembered the dream but not the word. I KNEW she was telling me who I would marry although she never said this out loud. I knew it started with an R and ended with a T. So I came up with "Robert"

The dream was so intense with emotions and a sense of importance, I called to tell mom about it. Even joking that I only knew one Robert and I sure hoped it wasn't him, but felt I shouldn't forget this dream so I was telling her. A year passed and the dream was forgotten.

One night I met a guy and within a couple of hours I knew he was the "one". I knew without a doubt. I called mom the very next day to tell her I had met the guy I would marry. His name was Robert. She said "hey maybe that's the Robert from your dream" and laughed. I didn't know what she was talking about at first. Then the dream came rushing from somewhere in my memory as fresh as the morning I spoke of it. We married a year later.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join