It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone ever dream of someone they have yet to meet, but eventually meet in real life?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I keep forgetting to mention this,tonight i finally get to it.I had a dream of being on a beach in the daytime,and meeting a guy with a sort of 70's look about him.Nothing very important or exciting,i think we very briefly exchanged pleasantries,but there was a nostalgic vintagey feel about the dream.Then a short while after,i saw his photo on a site,he didnt use an avatar but his real face.His hairstyle and sunglasses,everything like in the dream,i absolutely knew it was him.His username contained a word that's associated with the beach even
We in real life also never spoke much,just general pleasantries.Weird and wacky

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: PassedKarma

For years now I have been having this dream where I am with my soulmate. The first few times I never saw his face but lately I have . . . I still don't have a name or anything. All I know is that my dreams feel real and that I wish to meet him soon.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I have had 17 such dreams about the same man over a two year time period.

I only found this thread today, and before this I thought I was crazy.

Things to note about these types of dreams.

-When you wake, you remember the dream as well as if it were a recent memory.
-The dreams have a strong emotional component. Emotions are the primary method of communication.
-if it is a spousal dream, there is a strong sense of comfort, peace, and love between the two of you.

Now see, I happened to know the guy, because I met him on okcupid a year earlier. We had skyped and whatnot, but I never knew it was him because of the angles he held the phone at [unflattering]. But I will tell you of the first dream.

From my diary:

“I met a gentleman in my dream.

He was everything I like, sigh. Skin, my color. Taller than me, like six foot. Sharp nose, mini fro (which I did not like), intelligent, fun, warm, touchy but respectful, coy… he was wearing blue scrub pants and a white under shirt. It was a small room like a break room, with short bookshelves and white plastic long tables. We were standing and talking, and he reached toward me and touched my elbow in a flirty way. Talking with him felt as though his responses were not coming from my mind… To the point where I almost wanted to ask him if we were communicating via telepathy (I knew I was dreaming).

I don't know. He felt like my prospective husband. The dream felt comforting, comfortable, and flirty. I hope I meet him.”

Now a month later, this guy asked me via text if I had dreamt about him. I did not like this guy much, and immediately felt like he was being an asshole and I told him to eff off. Oddly I have always been patient with this guy, in a way I have never been with anyone. Any other guy who behaved the way he did I would have blocked, hard.

I will not take you through all of the dreams but the next is where I fell in love.

From my diary:

“I was standing outside of a stadium, and three guys were standing. I was supposed to choose one of them, but then one of them walked up to me grabbed me, pulled me over to a bench, laid down on the bench and put me on top of him. I felt a lot of love and I pecked him lovingly on the nose and he instantly got up and took me somewhere else.

We were in a red sand desert. He and I were sliding down an incline, and he was holding my hand. The sands were red, and cool, and I could feel the grains of sand between my toes. I was on the outside next to the edge, and I was fearful of falling.

Not with words, he told me to trust him. He took my hand and asked me to trust him.

My heart changed, and I held his hand back. It felt reassuring, and trustworthy, so I let go of all worry. In the moment that I let go of all of my worries, I felt as taken care of as a baby. I visualized in that moment a baby swimming in white down comforters.

My mind began to wander and I started to doubt. I began slipping off of the edge.

But when I slipped off of the edge, I tried to let go of his hand so only one would fall. But he grasped my hand tighter. We fell together, and I felt such a rush of love for this person that I pulled him close to protect and shield him from the fall. But he felt the same and flipped us around so he would be on the bottom.

We hit the bottom and I zoomed backwards out of the dream looking at our bodies. I zoomed through a little door and woke.

I was crying because I was so moved by this dream. I felt loved so much.”

So anyway, moving along, I now knew I was in love with a dream guy. I still remembered his face, so as I went through every day, I kept my eyes peeled for him. It is ludicrous to be in love with a dream, but in my heart I knew he represented a real person.

So anyway, this guy I knew. We were skyping and he looked really cute so I took a screenshot. A few days later when I was looking at the screenshot trying to decide if I would delete it, I recognized him as my dream guy. I went through a moment of denial, but his face was exactly like the dream.

So I transferred my love and was hopelessly in love with him. I thought [for several months] that he was aware of my dreams because of his previous query. I thought he had loved me all this time and I had just figured it out.

But this was not the case. He just viewed me as another admirer among many. He could care less about me as a person.

This brings us to present day. I have spent the past six months trying to get him to visit me. I know it is the wrong way to go about things, [girl chasing guy], but I cannot help myself. I am a go getter, the type of person who goes out and gets what she wants. I figure that when he meets me he will take over as the pursuer.

Yesterday I outlined how and why I am pursuing him when he told me I was confusing him. I felt foolish for doing so, so I just started googling what he might search. That is how I found this thread.
edit on 25-5-2016 by sanarirachel because: Editing formatting.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

You mean the girl of your friend's dream.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I've met people that claimed they dreamt of ppl before they met them in real life. I've never experienced that exactly, but I've sometimes dreamt of a place--a building, usually a house that I've never been to. And then later, I wind up at the location I saw in my dream. Everything about the location is the same as the dream...colors, furniture, exterior details like landscaping and plants...it hasn't happened in a while, but it's happened at least half a dozen times in my life.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elysian
Been there
Done that
Bought the tshirt
Still occurs daily

my sides. the tone of voice i thought of while reading that killed me haha thanks.

as well am i the only one hoping to read two same dreams from different perspectives(posts)? *fingers cossed*

Edit to add : Also quick question to throw out there. you know how sometimes your friends can be in dreams and they are doing different roles in the dream then they do in real life? could their faces just be your brains way of picking the closest means to an end to represent something? If thats horribly worded my bad. In relation to this could some(not all) of these dreams be your brain taking a face near you and using it in the role of lover or someone who shoes you unconditional appreciation?

Further on if that is the case would the proper method be to search for a loving relationship that is similar to that feeling you had from the dream than the person face used?

TLDR: could chasing the feeling be the true answer over chasing the face/name?
edit on 30-5-2016 by birhan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I just had a dream last night and is why I am here on this post. My dream was very vivid of what I want to call my soulmate. Everything was so vivid. Probably the most vivid dream I might have ever had. Toward the end of the dream I was begging her to tell me I wasnt dreaming and to tell me this is real. As I started to wake I felt like I was leaving heaven and being sucked back in to my body on earth like a worm hole or something you would see on a movie. I was yelling at her to tell me how to find her in real life and asked how we met. she said we met on the internet and she lived in Wilson, IL or Willis, IL. She had one or two kids and blonde hair. I have never heard of either city so I googled it and there is a Wilson, IL. Maybe this is where she is???

I have been in some long term relationships and married once and never felt the love for them as much as I had for this woman in my dream. I think I actually felt true love for the first time. If that is what true love can feel like. It's heaven on earth.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Hah. I know you're gonna read this and probably laugh at how corny I sound. But I know you'll really feel so warm and bubbly inside when you do. So don't even lie!

I haven't forgotten that white Sunday dress skirt you were wearing. It looked absolutely beautiful on you! And I think you were wearing those Roman looking strap sandal things too. ( Kinda funny little story here- I vaguely remember thinking those Roman sandal things were kind tacky before I saw you wear them. And literally the moment I saw you wearing them I changed my tune! All of a sudden girls wearing Roman sandals turned into an instant turn on. I know, the things we do for love right
) Also won't forget that beautiful golden ( kinda white-ish*) hair. It was definitely curly and I would say a good hair day would be an understatement. And this might sound kind of stupid but even your hands were beautiful. Like I couldn't help but think "wow I just really want to hold her hand right now" (Don't laugh I'm just being honest!) I would say you were shockingly beautiful physically but that doesn't even come close to the light I saw in you. (I think you know what im talking about) That love I saw actually made me want to love people in my day to day more and I'm a better person for it. Honestly that love you had doesn't even seem like it's from this world.

Honestly, you threw me for a real loop you know! All it took was to see you once and it was game over. I didn't even stand a chance! It's been what? a couple years now. I don't think I believed in love at first sight. But now I do. Of course I do! How could I not?

At the time your face was all blurry from the sun shine. But I know I will recognize it when I see you again. I'm not kidding. I love you. One part of me says I'm being ridiculous and that how can I? He says that I don't even know you are really out there. But honestly that part of me can just go take a hike! I don't care if it's ridiculous or misinformed or whatever. I just love you! And I gotta say thank you too. My life has bottomed out into some real hard times lately. But I'm not kidding I refuse to throw in the towel and in no small part because I really believe you are out there. I am going to meet you. And for real this time. No more of this mystical third eye dream weaver crap. I'm meeting you for real. And that's just how it is. See ya then!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm happy i read this thread,also it's nice knowing others having similar dreams.
For the last 8 years or more i have been dreaming about this man,sometimes i
wonder if he's even real or out there.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotAJerk
Hah. I know you're gonna read this and probably laugh at how corny I sound. But I know you'll really feel so warm and bubbly inside when you do. So don't even lie!

I haven't forgotten that white Sunday dress skirt you were wearing. It looked absolutely beautiful on you! And I think you were wearing those Roman looking strap sandal things too. ( Kinda funny little story here- I vaguely remember thinking those Roman sandal things were kind tacky before I saw you wear them. And literally the moment I saw you wearing them I changed my tune! All of a sudden girls wearing Roman sandals turned into an instant turn on. I know, the things we do for love right
) Also won't forget that beautiful golden ( kinda white-ish*) hair. It was definitely curly and I would say a good hair day would be an understatement. And this might sound kind of stupid but even your hands were beautiful. Like I couldn't help but think "wow I just really want to hold her hand right now" (Don't laugh I'm just being honest!) I would say you were shockingly beautiful physically but that doesn't even come close to the light I saw in you. (I think you know what im talking about) That love I saw actually made me want to love people in my day to day more and I'm a better person for it. Honestly that love you had doesn't even seem like it's from this world.

Honestly, you threw me for a real loop you know! All it took was to see you once and it was game over. I didn't even stand a chance! It's been what? a couple years now. I don't think I believed in love at first sight. But now I do. Of course I do! How could I not?

At the time your face was all blurry from the sun shine. But I know I will recognize it when I see you again. I'm not kidding. I love you. One part of me says I'm being ridiculous and that how can I? He says that I don't even know you are really out there. But honestly that part of me can just go take a hike! I don't care if it's ridiculous or misinformed or whatever. I just love you! And I gotta say thank you too. My life has bottomed out into some real hard times lately. But I'm not kidding I refuse to throw in the towel and in no small part because I really believe you are out there. I am going to meet you. And for real this time. No more of this mystical third eye dream weaver crap. I'm meeting you for real. And that's just how it is. See ya then!

Hope you don't mind me asking how do you know she will read this post?
also it's really nice you finally going to meet.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Hi I found your post very interesting because I also have had weird dreams like that. The woman in the dream ages as I do. I first had the dream when I was six and I have one every couple of months. I've kissed this person I've talked to this person. But yet I never ask for her name. She has black hair, and is either very tan or mixed. When I see her I feel at peace and absolutely no stress. The woman also has a back tattoo. I always thought it was strange because she ages with me. When I was six she was also very young. So thank you for making me feel that I wasn't alone at this.
Sincerely, Austin

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: XAustinX96

I just had a dream like that my best friend was in it and a girl who looked framiliar I got the girls name but could not get any other information and every time I asked something would happend and I would not get an answer. I did not have any stress through out the dream no matter what and felt like I knew her very well in the dream. But I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this and I hope to someday meet her.
edit on 22-7-2016 by EveryOtherNameWasTaken because: Grammar mistakes

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Yeah.. i've had this kind of "dreams" ever since i was around 12, when i dreamed my whole life. don't remember any details though only that i remember dying as an old man with my "wife" beside me. kinda disturbing waking up from a dream like that at the age of 12. since then i have had periods of major Deja Vu's for days and months at a time. that mostly stopped about 6 years ago (2010) since then i have had dreams about the same girl, although with different haircolor. , blonde, dark, and red.. the feeling of pure bliss and feeling loved in those dreams feel even more real than "reality" itself. can't really explain it, i guess you would have to experience something similar yourselves to fully understand it. i also remember the sadness we both felt right before the dreams were about to end, as if we knew that the dream were about to end, and we weren't gonna see each other. every time i go to bed i hope to dream about her again, and every day, every girl i see, i "study" to see if she is the "girl of my dreams". i haven't found her yet, and i don't even know if she is in the same country as me(Norway). I really want that happiness, that feeling of joy and feeling so much love, that it almost unbearable. but i know, somewhere deep inside, i know that we are destined to meet, and we will know each other immediately when we do meet irl(what is real).

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Usually I get lots of déjà vu (at least once every 3 months) and I frequently dream of what is going to happen in the future.

4 years ago I also had a dream about a certain man whom I have never met. I dreamt I was at a wedding in Tokyo and the two of us were part of the guests. When he spotted me in the crowd, he called my name and opened his arms to hug me, so I leapt in his embrace. There he told me that we were going to marry next. The dream was really vivid and I remember his appearance clearly. He was a Japanese man of slightly darker complexion with dark eyes and lighter shade hair. His eyes shined brightly the moment he saw me and I have never witnessed a happier face than his. It might sound weird but I feel strong attachment to this person and I always get the feeling that I know him very well, even though I have never met him before.

This dream happened to me around the time I was head over heels in love with another guy. After seeing the man of my dreams, I feel absolutely disgusted by the idea of dating anyone else. I hope I will meet him eventually. I just cannot imagine myself with someone other than him.

I wish every piece of good luck to anyone who is in the same boat as me.

edit on 23-8-2016 by msdream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
these posts gave me so much hope. I am a girl with a lot of bad history since i was a little kid and my relationships with guys have never been so well. I am kind of traumatized. However, from a long time I dream about this specific guy and can answer any questions about him without even having to think the answer through. About 3 years ago, on November 9 2013, I had been thinking about him for a week because I had been going through bad times and was hoping we would come across each other and recognize each other. I kept imagining the scene. Well, it did happen. I saw him through a bar's window and when he saw me, he left his friends and came to stare at me through the glass. I was 17 and shy at the time, and didn't know what to do. So as he stared at me, shocked and pointing at me, I got scared and left. Couple of months later I saw him in the same place but he turned around and avoided me this time. I was underage and couldn't go inside the bar. 3 years later, few days ago, I saw him (I think) again, but he looked elsewhere after noticing me. I regret this, but I also kept walking feeling disappointed and confused. I would give so much to have this mystery solved and to meet him, I could really use him in my life now
I wish he would, some way, see this post
SOmetimes i feel like he needs me to clear things out in my life before he shows up in real life, like he knows everything going on in my life. This guy and I are incredibly in love in our dreams and when I saw him in real life, especially last time, my reaction was a kind of "oh hey you," because it really feels so familiar around him.
edit on 11-9-2016 by marynay27 because: had something to add

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I needed to look on the Internet because the dream I had last night was so intense and... it made me wake up with a sense of urgency!

So from what I remember in my dream I met this guy, handsome as ever and i remember the need to be wuth him and talk to him! I'm confident but not overly confident but in my dream I knew I had to be with him.

Anyhow, my dream day went on and I felt like I needed to find him to well, talk! I think I saw him for a little while but then he was gone, he vanished from the dream!
Something happened but I remember feeling so
angry and confused and again that sense of urgency and longing. There was a little box like thing that he left or was set up with what I feel to be his belonging. I feel like maybe he died or committed suicide in the dream... I don't know... but he left a long long letter adressed with my name on it telling me he kbowd i dont know him but he knows and that I am the one for him and not to worry abiut him bring gone because we will be toh ether again soon. The letter was so long I remember reading it so fast. There was a second letter but I woke up and didn't have the chance to read it. I'm so confused and I felt such a connection to him and now being awake a longing to find him!

Someone have any advise? Suggestions? Thoughts?

And whats awful is that I have a boyfriend of 3 years but I feel like it's over between us. I Love him but I'm wanting something more...
edit on 29-10-2016 by aphroditesrose because: Typos

edit on 29-10-2016 by aphroditesrose because: Typos

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Reading all of these posts fills me with some sort of determination and it's so cute

I have had a few dreams of a guy I have never met before (like legit I don't think I could make up someone so handsome), the first dream I had of him was I was going to a museum with my mother and there was a lovely lady with bright red hair singing as people entered, there were seats so people could listen and a fair few people showed up. Randomly my mum told me to go talk to a guy at the back of the small show room because he was looking at me or something, he was around my age (20 or so) but he had a laid back feel to him, also tall and fit from what I could tell. I walk over and have a friendly conversation with him for while finding out that the woman singing was his mother, we laughed a bit but then it was time for me to leave. My mum made me say good bye to him and just as I did he whipped out his phone and asked for my number. I remember clear as day looking up at his face with bright blue eyes and blonde hair, his smile was dreamy as hell and I fell in love at that moment. After we exchanged numbers I left telling him I'd call but I woke up unfortunately annoyed at my dream.

A few months down the track he appeared again in my dream this time I was shopping with my best friend in the city at a really cute boutique store looking for a dress, I don't know why but I looked up to see outside the shop window and there he was walking by, I ran to the door and stopped him in time telling him I was happy to see him but he said he had to go and I felt sad, he then told me. "Don't worry, I'll see you soon." And it made my heart jump as I watched him walk away.

Ever since those dreams it's been stuck in the back of my mind until I find him I guess. I've told my friends and they think he could be a soulmate or something because of how intense and vivid the dreams were. I'm still on the look out for him hoping I get to see him some day.
I kinda posted in here hoping maybe he would find it one day.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have wondered about this before. I have had these type of dreams. The have a romantic connection at times. A shared closeness.

Having lived with ghost for around 7 years I know that they can wander in and out of your dream semi-conscious states. They can be good spirits and they can be bad. They are actual "real" people communicating with me. They can give you love and they can give you hate. It just depends on which individual soul that you are receiving the emotions from.

As you notice from the 3 post above, these are good souls. The soul is the emotional body, and these 3 ladies are experiencing an emotional mating of a similar kind.

For all we know, that person Miss B sees may be living several hundred miles away and is having the same dream at the same time. He may be just another ordinary everyday person.

Their dream lovers could be ghost that visit them in sleep, but they could also possibly be from an alternative life, one that they are only living on the inside, one which did not materialize in the real world?

What I mean is that there seems to be this thing called Destiny. There may be several paths one may take in their waking life, go this road, go that road, and maybe the path not taken can still be seen internally, because it was pre-destined.

Imagine watching a movie. You see the main movie you chose but sometimes you also see previews of other movies you were unaware of.

Only if you meet the "Person of Your Dreams" for REAL, will this question be answered. But it will be personal proof. Good luck convincing the rest of the world that IT WAS THE SAME PERSON you saw in your dreams.

[nam daed no em nrut]

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I had a dream where overall I felt unsure about my future about 15 years ago. In the dream I was stuck in a desert (looked like a western USA gas station) and a man pulled up in his car and said something along the lines of, "Don't worry, come with me." I do not remember exactly what was said or what happened after that. However fast forward about 15 years later and I have met this exact man, who looks the same as the man in my dream, owns the sames exact car as in my dream and we are now best friends.
edit on 27-5-2017 by thewhitewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
On the 20th i had an insanely vivid dream. I could tell you where I was, what I was doing, time of day, down to even knowing there was a breeze.
I'm downtown at an art walk, and I walk into a tent with beautiful hand made light fixtures. I broke one on accident, and the owner was so handsome and sweet, he was funny and understanding of my accident, he fixed it and i bought it, and he even threw in an extra attachment to it. We joked about the total being$66.60. I asked him if the lamps were cursed, and he said he hasn't cast any spells today. He promptly asked me out as I have him my credit card. He said my name out loud. And he gave me his business card. I read his name first and last, and he's like "remember it". I also met his co partner (his brother) his mom and sister came in to visit because they were shopping too. I could tell you what they all looked like and what they were wearing. After they left, we talked more about our date. He said it was 18 hrs. 45 minutes and 23 seconds away and he was so excited. And unasked him why he was so confident of go out with him. And he replied looking into my eyes, "When you know, you just know" I was shocked in my dream but I also felt content, like he already knew I was his soulmate, but I didn't put it together. (God, even in my dream I'm skeptical!!) So I went to his house the following day, the sun was setting and he had a beautiful house. I could describe it to you as well. And the kitchen. And the living room. He was talking to his brother b4 we left. And his brother was adjusting a heart monitor he created for his brother, he said his bro was a super tech wizard and he sells his gadgets to hospitals. So they're well off and the light business is just on the side so they can have fun and be creative. He said him and his brother were twins (opposite looks and demeanors) and they were born with a heart defect. He asked if that would be a problem. And I smiled at him and said I wasn't going anywhere. And he asked "how can you be sure?" And I replied, " When you know, you just know." I've never seen someone smile so big in my life. I was awoken shortly after. Didn't remember his name. (Shocker) but it was exotic.. like Kristoph or something. I did the math from the numbers he said, so we would meet on a Thursday downtown between 1-2pm, and our date would be Friday between 6-7:15pm (since i arrived at his home around sunset) I was freaking out, so I googled art fairs on Thursday, there aren't any til January on a thursday... so weird. I want to meet this guy, he was so handsome, and the most amazing blue eyes. I just wish I could remember HIS FREAKING NAME!! I've been trying to go back in my dream to see him.3 days and no luck. But I always wonder since he was so infatuated with me, was he dreaming the same time I was? Is that how we connected?

I have the whole story written out with diolague and everything. I'm hoping to see him. This is the first dream I've finally seth his face!!! It's always been blurry!! I had to give my 2 cents, it's so hard looking for people to talk to about this!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join