It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ Public School sued over "Under God" in Pledge of Allegiance

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: rickynews
To clarify, I said Communists are Atheists, as history indicates. Whether all Atheists are Communists, is not something that I have said, as I do not have any historical facts to back up, therefore I am not suggesting that.

that's some super sweet backpedaling but completely untrue. you said this on page 7-

a reply to: peter vlar

it is reasonable, understandable and quite appropriate to add "Under God" to the Pledge of Allegiance - as recognition that indeed, there is a God, and it is certainly Not the State.

Therefore, those who support removing "Under God" from the Pledge are exposing themselves of having a Communist influence , or at least, having profound Communist leanings, in the way of their misguided atheistic beliefs and their deceived ideology.

Yes, it is true that from an ideological perspective, Atheists have a profound leaning toward the Communist propaganda that there "is no God". This is an undeniable and historical fact.
edit on 24-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

To clarify, I said Communists are Atheists, as history indicates. Whether all Atheists are Communists, is not something that I have said, as I do not have any historical facts to back up, therefore I am not suggesting that.

that's some super sweet backpedaling but completely untrue. you said this on page 7-

it is reasonable, understandable and quite appropriate to add "Under God" to the Pledge of Allegiance - as recognition that indeed, there is a God, and it is certainly Not the State.

Therefore, those who support removing "Under God" from the Pledge are exposing themselves of having a Communist influence , or at least, having profound Communist leanings, in the way of their misguided atheistic beliefs and their deceived ideology.

Yes, it is true that from an ideological perspective, Atheists have a profound leaning toward the Communist propaganda that there "is no God". This is an undeniable and historical fact.

Hitler plugged plenty of Christian propaganda during his time as fuhrer. Ergo, you, sir, are a nazi. Congratulations.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

So which is it, you said it or didn't? I just quoted you so I'm a little amazed by how fast that bicycle of yours can move backwards. I really enjoy watching you alter your argument for each person you respond to, it makes you look more and more like a troll. If you maintained any level of consistency I could at least respect your stance but as it stands, you don't look like you can make up your mind. Lets try this one more time...

Being an Atheist doesn't NOT make one, nor does it equate their political leanings with Communism.
You are also confusing Leninism and Maoist Leninism with true communism. The library is your friend.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Being a God unto yourself,, as u have stated,, why do u persist ?

Dont u have some God power?

or has the "GOD" brand become so weak and watered down as too become meaningless,, impotent?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

So which is it, you said it or didn't? I just quoted you so I'm a little amazed by how fast that bicycle of yours can move backwards. I really enjoy watching you alter your argument for each person you respond to, it makes you look more and more like a troll. If you maintained any level of consistency I could at least respect your stance but as it stands, you don't look like you can make up your mind. Lets try this one more time...

Being an Atheist doesn't NOT make one, nor does it equate their political leanings with Communism.
You are also confusing Leninism and Maoist Leninism with true communism. The library is your friend.

Communism and Atheism have direct ties and history to each other. I cannot be any more clear than that. This is a historical fact. I did not say "all atheists are communists", so please do not put words into my writing. I was and am simply making the point that there is a direct correlation between Communism and Atheism ideology.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
And I still fail to see why god should have any link to the USA as a nation anyway?

As I said before, he not exactly one to take sides with nations since Jesus.

Individual faith maybe, but a US Christian no different to any other Christian, nation is irrelevant, but to declare the USA as god land? A bit presumptuous.
edit on 24-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
And I still fail to see what god should have any link to the USA as a nation anyway?

What's next on the Atheist Agenda? Restricting or removing the word God in stadiums across this great nation, as we sing the song "America The Beautiful"? Yea Ok, good luck with that...

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet,
Whose stern impassion'd stress
A thoroughfare for freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America! God mend thine ev'ry flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved In liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved,
And mercy more than life!
America! America! May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness,
And ev'ry gain divine!

O Beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam,
Undimmed by human tears!
From sea to shining sea!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Apparently tongue in cheek humor isn't something they hand out on Sundays after mass is it? why do I persist? Because ignorance is bliss and you guys are way too happy.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

And I still fail to see what god should have any link to the USA as a nation anyway?

What's next on the Atheist Agenda? Restricting or removing the word God in stadiums across this great nation, as we sing the song "America The Beautiful"? Yea Ok, good luck with that...

Above the fruited plain!
From sea to shining sea!

Across the wilderness!
Thy liberty in law!

And ev'ry gain divine!

Undimmed by human tears!
From sea to shining sea!

What's the point? No need to get anal retentive about it. Songs are one thing, schools and government another.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Above the fruited plain!
From sea to shining sea!

Across the wilderness!
Thy liberty in law!

And ev'ry gain divine!

Undimmed by human tears!
From sea to shining sea!

What's the point? No need to get anal retentive about it. Songs are one thing, schools and government another.

America the Beautiful is both taught and sung by children in Public Schools across this nation.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Communism and Atheism have direct ties and history to each other. I cannot be any more clear than that. This is a historical fact. I did not say "all atheists are communists", so please do not put words into my writing. I was and am simply making the point that there is a direct correlation between Communism and Atheism ideology.

That would be like me saying that since Hitler attributed a significant portion of his agenda to the doctrine of the Christian god, you must also be a Nazi because you adhere to the same doctrine.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

What's next on the Atheist Agenda? Restricting or removing the word God in stadiums across this great nation, as we sing the song "America The Beautiful"

Above the fruited plain!
From sea to shining sea!

Across the wilderness!
Thy liberty in law!

And ev'ry gain divine!

Undimmed by human tears!
From sea to shining sea!

You just don't get it at all do you? People pay to go to sporting events of their own volition which are set up by privately funded individuals or corporations in privately owned arenas stadiums or theaters. Schools, court houses and other government buildings are tax payer funded and thus fall under the auspices of the separation of church and state as outlined in several Supreme Court cases I have earlier cited.

As to your other post directed towards me, I've put no words in your mouth at all. The only thing there is your own foot but it must taste ok because you won't take it out. You are simply back pedaling and the implication was quite clear when you said

those who support removing "Under God" from the pledge are exposing themselves to having a communist influence, or at least, having profound communist leanings, in the way of their misguided communist ideology.

Unless of course you're now going to try to insinuate that there are also Christians Jews and Muslims also trying to remove that phrase from the pledge, a phrase that was not an original portion of it. It would be like the IS government appropriating a Led Zeppelin song and rewriting the words to make it more appropriate to whichever political climate was prevalent. It's kind of shady.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Above the fruited plain!
From sea to shining sea!

Across the wilderness!
Thy liberty in law!

And ev'ry gain divine!

Undimmed by human tears!
From sea to shining sea!

America the Beautiful is both taught and sung by children in Public Schools across this nation.
Again, you shift your position to suit the argument. The original context was, in your own words, about taking the song out of sporting events, nothing at all to do with schools. Come on, focus... I know you can do it.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I have written what I have written.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

And I still fail to see why god should have any link to the USA as a nation anyway?

Individual faith maybe, but a US Christian no different to any other Christian, nation is irrelevant, but to declare the USA as god land? A bit presumptuous.

The irony is that those who want a "Christian Nation" simply don't see that a theocracy quickly devolves into an Iran, Yemen or Saudi Arabia, something they claim to be totally against. It's rather amusing while simultaneously frightening at what such cognitive disconnect can lead ones mind to.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

"Iran, Yemen or Saudi Arabia," but they are not Christian.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The irony is that those who want a "Christian Nation" simply don't see that a theocracy quickly devolves into an Iran, Yemen or Saudi Arabia, something they claim to be totally against. It's rather amusing while simultaneously frightening at what such cognitive disconnect can lead ones mind to.

This nation was founded under God, and the Constitution clearly indicates that our Rights are given to us By Our Creator (and certainly not by the government). In Communism, there is no God (atheism) and only the government grants rights.

We have existed as a nation for 238 years, and there is no evidence whatsoever that a belief in God is somehow going to transform this great nation into a Theocracy. To the contrary, an Atheistic society is a road map to Communism.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

But they are theocracies. And if many if the more conservative leaning Christians in the US had their way we too would be a theocracy where one religion would dictate everyone's lives. Homosexuality, abortion, the ability for many Americans to access their medication of choice, equal rights for women... I could go on all day but I think you get the idea, all of the above would be forever removed rather quickly and I don't think many of you would shed a tear over it.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

This nation was founded under God, and the Constitution clearly indicates that our Rights are given to us By Our Creator (and certainly not by the government). In Communism, there is no God (atheism) and only the government grants rights.

We have existed as a nation for 238 years, and there is no evidence whatsoever that a belief in God is somehow going to transform this great nation into a Theocracy. To the contrary, an Atheistic society is a road map to Communism.

Please cite the pertinent section of the constitution that declares we are founded on god and Christian principles.not the deceleration of independence either, stick to your claim. Between Jeffersons letter to the Danbury Baptists, Washington's Letter to the Virginia Baptists and the 1802 treaty of tripoli off the top of my head, as well as Jefferson's tinkering with the Christian bible and other statements, I think the founding fathers would have a lot to say about your statement.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Above the fruited plain!
From sea to shining sea!

Across the wilderness!
Thy liberty in law!

And ev'ry gain divine!

Undimmed by human tears!
From sea to shining sea!

yeah, and public school school kids, teachers, principals, etc....say "god bless you" when someone sneezes....so what?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join