It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ Public School sued over "Under God" in Pledge of Allegiance

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews
As previously posted, the U.S. Constitution says what it says, which is:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident...all men are... endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men."

The above quote is from the Declaration of Independence, not the United States Constitution. It would help if you actually knew this.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

"It would help if you actually knew this." not really ,, the intent is the same.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's been pointed out several times and isn't sinking in. I've given up trying to differentiate. Sometimes you can lead a horse to water but they still won't drink. The only option you have left is to hold the horses head under said water until the bubbles stop rising to the surface.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
"It would help if you actually knew this." not really ,, the intent is the same.

If you say so. I think the Founders were astute and articulate enough that if they wanted to include that phraseology they would have. I am sure, however, that they appreciate your revisionist take on the central document of our Republic.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

nothing like killing the messenger AND the horse hey rode in on. lol

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Not to be a pedantic stickler for semantics but, when someone makes a claim about the constitution and then quotes an entirely different document, particularly after multiple pontifications about their military service and love for and devotion to this country, it kind of is a big deal. The love can't be that strong if there exists no discretion towards actually knowing what the heck you're talking about.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

nothing like killing the messenger AND the horse hey rode in on. lol

You have no idea how much I needed that moment of levity. I'm still laughing my a.. Off

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Just to help my new friend out, I'll give you the only portion of the actual constitution that has any pertinence to religion whatsoever-

Article VI Section (3) “The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution: but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or Public Trust under the United States.

edit on 24-4-2014 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

What you posted however, in no way negates the references to our Creator in the U.S. Constitution.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

"We hold these truths to be self-evident...all men are... endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men."

The above quote is from the Declaration of Independence, not the United States Constitution. It would help if you actually knew this.

Wrong. Read the U.S. Constitution instead of denying truth and reality. You may find it informative and helpful.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

It does when you don't know the difference between the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution. The ONLY reference to religion in the entire constitution (minus the 1st amendment) is what and where the citation I posted indicates. Read the damned document before you appear any more silly than you do because either you are seriously under informed and willfully ignorant I r a straight up troll. I'm not sure which would be worse.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Wrong. Read the U.S. Constitution instead of denying truth and reality. You may find it informative and helpful.

Then for the umpteenth time, because I've asked repeatedly, cite where in the constitution it states what you claim. You won't because it DOES NOT.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Um...I might be wrong, but are you actually IGNORING the evidence set before you?
edit on 24-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Then for the umpteenth time, because I've asked repeatedly, cite where in the constitution it states what you claim. You won't because it DOES NOT.

U.S. Constitution: Article. VII. / Paragraph 3 /“in the Year of our Lord

edit on 24-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

U.S. Constitution: Article. VII. / Paragraph 3 /“in the Year of our Lord”
Lord

And that's your proof that this is a Christian nation?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

What you posted however, in no way negates the references to our Creator in the U.S. Constitution.

But did anyone ask God if he wanted to be tagged to the USA?

Unless you have his signature America has no more right to be a christian nation than anyone else.
edit on 24-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity.

I'm simply pointing out that the foundation of the United States, including both the Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution both make reference to "our Creator" and "our Lord".

edit on 24-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I'm simply pointing out that the foundation of the United States, including both the Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution both make reference to "our Creator" and "our Lord".

but does "our Creator" and "our Lord" make reference to the USA. You cant pin a document to someone if they don't sign it!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Which by no means establishes this nation as a Christian one, particularly given that a significant portion of the men who signed the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were documented deists and did not recognize the god of the Vatican. Not to mention that nowhere in either document is the word Jesus or Yahuwah, or any variation thereof, to be seen. Awfully strange for a nation founded by "Christians".

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

You may have a point, yet there are more Christian Americans than any other religion, so if the majority of Americans are indeed Christians, than it is fair to say that the United States of America is a "Christian" nation.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join