It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easter is a Scam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
When did Jesus getting gored on Friday by a Lance after being Crucified, dying on Saturday & resurrected on Sunday turn into Good Friday and Candy & Easter Bunny's on Sunday?

Would suspect the Devil...not making a joke - it's a made up Pagan Holiday that shifts with a Pagan calendar.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BABYBULL24

Easter isn't a made up Pagan holiday. Ôstara (Eostre) is a Germanic divinity. The devil has nothing to do with the original Pagan Easter.

Etymology:

Old English Ēostre continues into modern English as Easter and derives from Proto-Germanic *austrōn meaning 'dawn', itself a descendent of the Proto-Indo-European root *aus-, meaning 'to shine' (modern English east also derives from this root).[1]

The goddess name Ēostre is therefore linguistically cognate with numerous other dawn goddesses attested among Indo-European language-speaking peoples. These cognates lead to the reconstruction of a Proto-Indo-European dawn goddess; the Encyclopedia of Indo-European Culture details that "a Proto-Indo-European goddess of the dawn is supported both by the evidence of cognate names and the similarity of mythic representation of the dawn goddess among various [Indo-European] groups” and that “all of this evidence permits us to posit a [Proto-Indo-European] *haéusōs 'goddess of dawn' who was characterized as a "reluctant" bringer of light for which she is punished. In three of the [Indo-European] stocks, Baltic, Greek and Indo-Iranian, the existence of a [Proto-Indo-European] 'goddess of the dawn' is given additional linguistic support in that she is designated the 'daughter of heaven'

You are correct that the Christians took the Holiday & some how eggs & bunnies got tossed into the mix. Then just like any other holiday, it was made into a big huge money grab.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower

You yourself just proved Easter is of pagan origins, after saying it wasn't a made up pagan holiday.

Anyway, Easter, comes from a derivation of Astarte, the Greek goddess of fertility. The bunny represents her fertility.

It is completely pagan. And is NOT Christian. False Christianity, which has apostatized from the truth, has adapted it, along with a plethora of other pagan, and God-dishoning holidays such as Halloween and Christmas.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The reason Christmas and Easter are celebrated in parallel with pagan traditions is because when the christian missionaries attempted to convert the mostly pagan cultures of old days, it was easier to allow them to continue using the same traditions, but changing the meaning behind them.

Hence we have many practices that coincide with pagan tradition, but we focus on the Christian meaning behind them.

It's not a conspiracy so much as it is politics of religion.

edit on bSunday201437b by Infinitis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis
The reason Christmas and Easter are celebrated in parallel with pagan traditions is because when the christian missionaries attempted to convert the mostly pagan cultures of old days, it was easier to allow them to continue using the same traditions, but changing the meaning behind them.

Hence we have many practices that coincide with pagan tradition, but we focus on the Christian meaning behind them.

Too bad you do not follow God's word in the Bible:

(1 Corinthians 10:20-22) . . .No; but I say that the things which the nations sacrifice they sacrifice to demons, and not to God; and I do not want YOU to become sharers with the demons. 21 YOU cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; YOU cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons. 22 Or “are we inciting Jehovah to jealousy”? We are not stronger than he is, are we?

You think that by accepting demonic pagan practices and focusing on something good God will ignore your willful disrespect and refusal to accept his counsel?

Instead of embracing disgusting demonic and Satanic pagan practices as your own, God says:

(2 Corinthians 6:17) . . .‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take YOU in.’. . .

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: iSomeone

Too bad you do not follow God's word in the Bible: - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Excuse me? You know nothing of my beliefs or practices as I have shared with you nothing of these things.

I simply explained why Christmas and Easter have parallels with pagan traditions.

But since you are attempting to "correct" my assumed behavior through scripture reference, I must point out:

(2 Corinthians 6:17) . . .‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take YOU in.’. .  - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This quote you used, does not have any connection to what we are discussing. Using a reference to separating yourself from certain people and not touching certain items, is much to vague to be applied to our discussion.

So if you do think that christian holidays having links to pagan tradition is something specifically frowned upon in the bible, I am very open to seeing some relevant scripture

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Easter is Pagan in origin. Yes that is true!

The Christian calendar is basically the Pagan calendar that has been changed by the Romans and Jews to suit the latest and greatest religion Christianity!

"“The 'Christian' festival of Easter comes from the same source. Easter comes from the Babylonian goddess, Ishtar, (Semiramis again) and it celebrated her son, Tammuz, who was, wait for it, the ‘only begotten son of the Moon goddess and Sun God’ Nimrod and Semiramis. The ‘Easter’ (Ishtar) eggs and the ‘Easter bunny’ also come from Babylon. Queen Semiramis said she came from the Moon in a giant egg and this became known as the Ishtar egg. Tammuz was said to be very fond of rabbits and so we have the Easter bunny. Oh yes, and they also ate "sacred cakes" with a T on the top the origin of our hot cross buns. The T is a major symbol of Freemasonry because of its associations with Babylon and Tammuz. The Christian wafer used in Catholic ceremonies comes from the Egyptian taenaah – the sacrificial bread of the Moon. Christians think the bread symbolizes the 'body of Jesus' when they are really involved in a ritual about the Egyptian Moon god.”

It's a great wee story but it's simply not true! Good for the kids though!

The Atlantean Conspiracy

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Infinitis

(1 Corinthians 10:20-22) . . .No; but I say that the things which the nations sacrifice they sacrifice to demons, and not to God; and I do not want YOU to become sharers with the demons. 21 YOU cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; YOU cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons. 22 Or “are we inciting Jehovah to jealousy”? We are not stronger than he is, are we? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

What do you have to say about easters relationship with passover as far as the Christian faith is concerned? Certainly it has been co-opted and from a Christian perspective bunnies and eggs were never part of it's purpose. But we have an obvious admonition from Christ himself at the last supper to remember that specific time and what it means for humanity. How can you claim Easter is strictly pagan when Christians celebrate it in conjunction with Passover according to the accounts of the gospel and the timing of Christ's death and resurrection?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BABYBULL24

Shifting calendars have absolutley nothing to do with Pagans, unless of course your refering to Julius Ceasar, then it's not about Paganism, although he was a Pagan. It's more about vanity. Pagans don't use calendars, we build henges instead. It's all about the wheel in the sky! Lots of great history regarding this holiday. Also, Pagans don't believe in "The Devil". Have a blessed Ostara everyone, we are renewed. The light of life has returned to the world. Pass the peeps will ya !

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

(1 Corinthians 10:20-22) . . .No; but I say that the things which the nations sacrifice they sacrifice to demons, and not to God; and I do not want YOU to become sharers with the demons. 21 YOU cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; YOU cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons. 22 Or “are we inciting Jehovah to jealousy”? We are not stronger than he is, are we? - See more at: - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you for the attempt. I was looking for something more specific to our conversation, not a general scripture that you like to use for anything you think is "bad". The bible is not at it's best when people attempt to cut and paste scripture out of it's context.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

What do you have to say about easters relationship with passover as far as the Christian faith is concerned? Certainly it has been co-opted and from a Christian perspective bunnies and eggs were never part of it's purpose. But we have an obvious admonition from Christ himself at the last supper to remember that specific time and what it means for humanity. How can you claim Easter is strictly pagan when Christians celebrate it in conjunction with Passover according to the accounts of the gospel and the timing of Christ's death and resurrection?

Nisan 14 on the Jewish calender is a special event in human history. Nisan is the first month of the Jewish calender. That is because, the Jews start their month from when they were released from captivity to the Egyptians. Now the Jews use a lunar calender. The new moon is the last day of the month for them, when the moon is just a sliver in the sky, a crescent moon, it is the first of the month. 14 days later is usually a full moon. The Jewish calender is usually 30 days long.

Now in the Bible several important events happened on Nisan 14. For example when Abraham crossed over into the "Promised Land" it was on Nisan 14 of 1943 B. C. E. that the Abrahamic Covenant was established, for a seed that would bless all the peoples of the earth. 430 years later, on Nisan 14, 1513 B. C. E. on a full moon the Egyptians were released from slavery in Egypt.

On Nisan 14, 33 C. E. Jesus was murdered, as the sacrificial lamb, to pay for our sins.

And he did indeed tell all of his followers to continue to celebrate that single most important date in human history until he returned.

Now, he tells his followers to commemorate his death. Not some pagan festival, nor his resurrection. Which is what Christendom does.

Jehovah's true witnesses do not celebrate any pagan holidays. But they do celebrate the death of Jesus. Just as he tells his followers to do. It is the only celebration a Christian is told to uphold in the Bible. No pagan holiday is found in the Bible, and no Christian is told to uphold any pagan festivities.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis

(1 Corinthians 10:20-22) . . .No; but I say that the things which the nations sacrifice they sacrifice to demons, and not to God; and I do not want YOU to become sharers with the demons. 21 YOU cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; YOU cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons. 22 Or “are we inciting Jehovah to jealousy”? We are not stronger than he is, are we? - See more at: - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you for the attempt. I was looking for something more specific to our conversation, not a general scripture that you like to use for anything you think is "bad". The bible is not at it's best when people attempt to cut and paste scripture out of it's context.

The demon gods of the pagans are to be rejected by Jehovah's servants. You cannot sit at the table of Satan and the table of Jehovah.

If you wish to mix the disgusting and filthy holidays of the pagans with true worship you are sadly mistaken that God will accept your worship.

Instead, you must cleanse yourself of them. And then, after you have made yourself holy, you may approach the living God who is holy.

Rejecting his word is not rejecting me. I merely am showing you what God says. Take it up with Jehovah if you have a problem with what he requires of his true servants.

edit on 20-4-2014 by iSomeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Actually your reference is about pagan sacrifices related to food:
No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. 22 Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

It continues on with a discussion about being offered food that was sacrificed to a false god, If a friend offers you food and says it was sacrificed. The question is asked if I thank the true god for the food then should I by punished for what another does? And here is the response:

If an unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience. 28 But if someone says to you, “This has been offered in sacrifice,” then do not eat it, both for the sake of the one who told you and for the sake of conscience. 29 I am referring to the other person’s conscience, not yours.

0 If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?
31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

-----So in the end it comes down to the intent that exists within one's own heart. But they say you need to consider the intent of the person who made the false sacrifice and do what you can to save them (since they told you and now you are responsible for attempt to save them):

31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 32 Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— 33 even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Demons, filthy, disgusting...so nice.

And giving Easter eggs to each other is "wrong"?

Ha! Should listen to yourselves.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Promoted as a celebration of Christ’s resurrection, Easter is actually rooted in false religion. The name Easter itself has been linked to Eostre, or Ostara, the Anglo-Saxon goddess of the dawn and of spring (there is a post above that talks about this, along with mine that mentions Astorte). And how did eggs and rabbits come to be associated with Easter? Eggs “have been prominent as symbols of new life and resurrection,” says the Encyclopædia Britannica, while the hare and the rabbit have long served as symbols of fertility. Easter, therefore, is really a fertility rite thinly disguised as a celebration of Christ’s resurrection.

Would Jehovah condone the use of a filthy fertility rite to commemorate his Son’s resurrection? In fact, the Scriptures neither command nor authorize the commemorating of Jesus’ resurrection in the first place, as was mentioned. To do so in the name of Easter, therefore, is to be doubly disloyal.

To try and condone what is so full of wrongness is not truthful on your part. And Jesus says this:

(John 4:23) 23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him.

To worship God you need not falsehood, nor demonic pagan festivities. To condone them, and twist scriptures to try and uphold them, is disloyal to Jehovah God.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to:[/post]

this blasphemy is offensive,,how dare you commit heresy against the christian religion ,, this would not be tolerated against other religions
edit on 20-4-2014 by Hoaxster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower
If you are going to copy and paste from wiki then at least add the link so others can see where you copied it from.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The original word for Easter is Ishtar the goddess of sex and fertility. Celebrating Ishtar is pagan but having sex is a good thing.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Wow, man. Chillax. Here, have a jelly bean.
To be so ugly and vicious on a beautiful morning in spring is really sad.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join