It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easter is a Scam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Eggs apparently came from when the Monks fasted for lent, giving up food they would use all their fresh eggs so not to waste them before the fast.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I agree. As long as we have people like iSomeone on this planet, there will be no peace and humanity. Just "filthy and disgusting" hate.

I will leave this right here and go be a happy person.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I don't know if Easter should be referred to so much as a scam, but I do have a pretty strong feeling through my own research that most any religion or religious holiday springs from a pagan holiday or event or astrology.

I have a strong feeling all of this "mystical" stuff is bunk because no matter who you ask, be it the resident expert or not, the people the so called experts insist are wrong or evil tend to make more sense on a logical basis.

It's really hard to discuss anything logically with anyone who has blind faith in the un-provable and wildly intoxicating thoughts of everlasting life for living an ultimatum.

All that free will #, ya know?.......

Everything is a scam if they ask you for anything in return for something you can only have faith will be beneficial to you, like insurance and a whole list of things, like pretty much everything.....

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
So, I'm flipping through my usual web sites this morning, and everyone has nice remarks about Easter and all that, some with bunnies, some with He Is Risen. A few even have some very nice interfaith dialogue and well-wishing. Naturally, I come here and get "Easter Is a Scam!" Lol. Well played ATS.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Christianity is a contrived "thing" which was basically invented by the emperor Constantine and the Council of Nicea to give a bunch of pagan troublemakers something to put in their mouth to shut them up.

It apparently didn't work though because I have to listen to religious babbling pretty much everywhere I go today.

I get the distinct impression or sensation of an odor almost when I enter a bank or government building as I do when I enter a church, synagogue, masons lodge or whatever else...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Well, of course, no one actually forces you to enter into the last list of places, so that "smell" shouldn't ever have to accost you there.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis
The reason Christmas and Easter are celebrated in parallel with pagan traditions is because when the christian missionaries attempted to convert the mostly pagan cultures of old days, it was easier to allow them to continue using the same traditions, but changing the meaning behind them.

Hence we have many practices that coincide with pagan tradition, but we focus on the Christian meaning behind them.

It's not a conspiracy so much as it is politics of religion.

What Christian meaning would that be if you don't mind me asking because I think those holidays have no meaning in Christianity at all and this includes the false dates.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's what we do here. Figure out what's true and what isn't. You know you can exit via that same portal through which you entered, right?

Have a lovely Sunday. Be glad you're seeing yet another spring - we never know whether or not it will be our last. Not because Jesus is coming and the rapture will happen, but because you might be stricken by an illness or an accidental death, or the religious fanatics and warmongers in the world may put a stop to our entire existence.

So - Be careful out there, and be nice! Relax, soak up some rays. It's good for you.

Moping about and feeling like you're a loser -- or conversely, singing songs of hallelujah about something no one can prove happened in a dimly-lit building isn't really the idea - go outside!!!

*extends hand* Jelly bean?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It didn't come from the devil!
It came from a pope!
Who decided to contaminate the religion and allow some of what was left of other religions to be incorporated into it..
all in the name of power!! for the church!!!y

And the other religions were of the devil either by the way!
The were just celebrations of the coming of the seasons with mythology mixed in..
And why would the seasons be cause for celebrations? Maybe because it was a way to let all know it was time to prepare for the seasonal change to plant to harvest to prepare for the cold!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BABYBULL24
When did Jesus getting gored on Friday by a Lance after being Crucified, dying on Saturday & resurrected on Sunday turn into Good Friday and Candy & Easter Bunny's on Sunday?

Would suspect the Devil...not making a joke - it's a made up Pagan Holiday that shifts with a Pagan calendar.

Isn't every instance of "gods", a made up story? See, this is what I don't get about those who are religious. My god is real, but some other god isn't. Mine is the only one who is real. Where in your life does that even begin to make sense?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Every Christian 'Holiday" there is always a thread/post that's meant to educated the supposedly uninformed of it's 'True' nature

Meh...

I love seeing the smiling faces of the Children.
That's good enough for me

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Yep I agree!

Whether these Christian holidays is mythical nonsense is neither here nor there. The kids love it so that is all that matters. When they grow up they will understand and learn the truth of the silly stories!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

And why would the seasons be cause for celebrations?

Good points, dawnstar. As for the question above:
because people were afraid that the sun would sink below the horizon never to return, leaving them in the dark and cold.
So they celebrated when the sun started heading back toward the "top" of the sky instead (winter solstice) and were grateful that the dark and cold and frozen ground and 'dead' plants had returned to life again when the spring equinox arrived. Eventually they figured out that it wasn't because of the priests sacrifices and prayers - it was just - how the world turns.

Plus, you know, spring fever - we all get a little 'gregarious' as it warms up.

I wonder, though, how people in the southern hemisphere could ever have figured that out after "Christianity" arrived to their area. To them, the eggs and bunnies are symbols of - winter coming?

*chuckles*
Jelly bean?
edit on 4/20/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BABYBULL24

Christianity is pagan. But then again so is Islam and Judaism. No mystery here.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I also wondered that. Are they messed up in some way celebrating Spring's arrival in the fall and the harvest while they are planting?? I guess it's one of the drawbacks of having one religion conquering the world!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mister_Bit
Eggs apparently came from when the Monks fasted for lent, giving up food they would use all their fresh eggs so not to waste them before the fast.
Naw...just more of the theme of rebirth and fertility. And no, to those who suggest it...paganism has nothing to do with the devil or demons. It's simply a term relating to the Old Religions...you know, the ones that Christianity had to vilify in order to become the Next Big Deal.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11
a reply to: BABYBULL24

Christianity is pagan. But then again so is Islam and Judaism. No mystery here.

No Pagan is Pagan though I agree that Christianity has been infiltrated by Paganism.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: iSomeone

You could have just said you are a jehova's witness.
edit on 20-4-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Christianity has been infiltrated by Paganism.

No, it's the opposite. Christianity infiltrated/squelched the natural religions. And Christanity was, ironically, developed FROM them. Just that not many Christians are aware of that. Unfortunately.

*checks basket* Jelly bean? I only have a few left, but I'm happy to share.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Also, as for Easter being a "scam" - it has become nearly as "big" as Christmas with the amount of consumerism that is encouraged. Talk about forced down the throat! How much money did you all spend on Easter decorations, candy, gifts for the kiddies, etc??

Every Christmas people go into debt and spend 6 months paying it off. The Bankers and corporations laugh. Then when the consumers are only halfway done paying off their "Christmas gifts" they are prompted to do it all over again for "Easter." The Bankers and corporations laugh again.

Plus...
estrogen, estrus (heat) are words derived from the same linguistic source: fertility. Get it?

Oh, and maybe the people in the southern hemisphere look at the eggs and bunnies as symbols of preparing for winter by gathering up the eggs after they've butchered the chickens (and also the bunnies) and smoked/salted the meat to get through the dark months. ?? Could work I guess.

Kind of like the tooth-fairy thing. I was never quite sure what to tell my kids when they heard their friends got a $5 bill for a tooth, and they only got a quarter.

I eventually concocted a story about the tooth fairies having no concept of money - they just leave their fairy-HQ with a bag full of coins and bills and leave whatever they pull out first. Especially if it's been a busy day, you know, the heavier coins sink down to the bottom and sometimes that's all they had left by the time they got to our house.

????

I don't know...you tell me!?? I couldn't even get my own siblings on the same page so that at least all the kids in OUR family got equivalent stories/payouts.
LOL!!

I did save their baby teeth, though. Once my daughter found them in my jewelry box and well, then the 'cat' was out of the bag, so I didn't have to worry about it anymore.

edit on 4/20/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join