It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easter is a Scam

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: iSomeone

Uh...erm, yes, mmhmm....you did.

Nevertheless, one does not become overly friendly with worldly people. They can mistake our kindness and our love for them as a wanting to become friends, but we shun association with people who do not uphold godly standards:

Do you want me to insert a link to that post?
I'll try, but I'm having trouble loading pages and so forth.

We shun association with them. We don't shun them There is a difference. I didn't say we shun people of the world. I stated that we shun association with people of the world. But what I say matters little. What God says has a bearing on how a Christian behaves. As was mentioned above, I figure that that should probably have been made quite evident.

Notice what the scripture states:

(James 4:4) Adulteresses, do YOU not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God.

(1 Corinthians 15:33) Do not be misled. Bad associations spoil useful habits.

(Psalm 26:4, 5) . . .I have not sat with men of untruth; And with those who hide what they are I do not come in.  5 I have hated the congregation of evildoers, And with the wicked ones I do not sit.

My personal opinion matters little in the matter. But what God reveals in the word of truth matters.
edit on 28-4-2014 by iSomeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BABYBULL24
When did Jesus getting gored on Friday by a Lance after being Crucified, dying on Saturday & resurrected on Sunday turn into Good Friday and Candy & Easter Bunny's on Sunday?

Would suspect the Devil...not making a joke - it's a made up Pagan Holiday that shifts with a Pagan calendar.

Every Easter I scour the stores looking for the chocolate Jesus. All I ever find is the stupid bunnies.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ElohimJD

Text- Tuesday night, after sunset (beginning of the 14th of Abib): Jesus Christ and the 12 Apostles gather to keep the Passover

I have been taught that the Passover always starts on the 14th of Nisan. It never varies but is always on the 14th of Nisan. The (Sheaf) offering or Omer or Korban Omer is counted starting from the second night of Nisan which would always be the 16th of Nisan. The month of 1st Abib is the 12th month of the year while the 2nd Abib is the 13th month of the year. The month of Nisan is the first month of the year. Is this simply an error or is there some new interpretation that I am not aware of?

Yes I agree with you in that Jesus was crucified on Passover (14th Nisan) and the 15th of Nisan was a high day (Sabbath). Actually (my belief) is that Jesus was in the center of the earth three complete days and nights just as prophesied and that had to mean that He ascended between sundown of the Saturday Sabbath to early morning of Sunday. Maybe a time of about ten hours or less. Then again the question in my mind was that I believe that He must have resurrected almost immediately after being placed in the tomb. We do not know the exact time He was entombed before the High Sabbath but it could not have been more than a few hours.

Anyway I may be all wet so let me know if I am wrong.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This explanation makes the most sense for me. From a pagan blog:

1. The festival of Pascha was celebrated for centuries before the conversion of the Anglo-Saxons who named it ‘Easter’ in their own relatively small part of the world. (It’s still called Pascha, or a variant thereof, outside those areas.) So no, it wasn’t ‘originally pagan’ or about a Goddess of sex and fertility. Much to the disappointment of us English folk, the world does not revolve around what went on in England.

2. Bede, our only source for the Goddess Eostre, states that the festival of Easter was named after the ‘old observance’ of Eostre’s feasts during the month of Eosturmonath. He does not say that anything survived of these feasts except that name. Some scholars have suggested that Bede made her up, and academia is still divided on this point, although it remains unclear what his motive for doing so might have been.

3. No, Eostre’s symbol wasn’t a hare. That was an unsupported guess made by the folklorist Jacob Grimm in 1835. Grimm was baffled by the Easter Hare tradition, finding it ‘unintelligible’, and guessed that ‘the hare was probably the sacred animal of Ostara’. Later writers misrepresented his guess as a statement of fact.

4. No, votive inscriptions from the Rhine don’t refer to Eostre; they’re to the Matronae Austriahenae, who may well be linguistically related, however.

5. No, eggs were not symbols of Eostre either. There are no known symbols of Eostre. Our sole source — Bede — doesn’t mention any.

6. No, hot cross buns weren’t eaten by the pagan Saxons. That ludicrous claim comes from the long-outdated 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.

7. No, Eostre is not the root of the word ‘oestrogen’. That comes from Latin ‘oestrus’ meaning ‘frenzy’, used in sexual context since 380 BC. Oestrogen was discovered in the 1920s, the human ovum in 1827. Unsurprisingly, Anglo-Saxon goddesses played zero part in either process.

8. Yes, if Eostre existed, she was probably a dawn-goddess (see Indo-European mythology) though Dr Philip Shaw suggests she was possibly the goddess of a local region, probably Kent.

9. No, Eostre isn’t a form of Ishtar or Astarte. That comes from a certain strand of Christian belief that all pagan gods are played by the same small cast of demons. Ishtar was ancient Babylonian, Eostre (if she existed) Anglo-Saxon; thousands of miles and many hundreds of years apart.

10. By Google Maps, Ishtar’s holy city of Uruk lies a phenomenal 3,500 miles from Jarrow, where Bede wrote down the name of the alleged Goddess Eostre. (For comparison, that’s about the same as the distance from London to New York.) To make that journey today, you would have to travel through Iraq, Syria, Turkey, Bulgaria, Serbia, Hungary, Germany and Belgium before crossing the English Channel and making the final trip up to Tyne and Wear in the UK. Ishtar was not only 3,500 miles away from Eostre, she was about a thousand years earlier in time, too.

The OP goes on to list more reasons, I just wanted to grab the first 10 for a quick synopsis.

Sour ce

edit on 4/30/2014 by IsidoreOfSeville because: Edited for clarification.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: iSomeone
I didn't say we shun people of the world. I stated that we shun association with people of the world.
That's really very sad. Some of my best friends are people...you don't know what you're missing.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join