It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easter is a Scam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: iSomeone

originally posted by: Infinitis
The reason Christmas and Easter are celebrated in parallel with pagan traditions is because when the christian missionaries attempted to convert the mostly pagan cultures of old days, it was easier to allow them to continue using the same traditions, but changing the meaning behind them.

Hence we have many practices that coincide with pagan tradition, but we focus on the Christian meaning behind them.

Too bad you do not follow God's word in the Bible:

(1 Corinthians 10:20-22) . . .No; but I say that the things which the nations sacrifice they sacrifice to demons, and not to God; and I do not want YOU to become sharers with the demons. 21 YOU cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; YOU cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons. 22 Or “are we inciting Jehovah to jealousy”? We are not stronger than he is, are we?

You think that by accepting demonic pagan practices and focusing on something good God will ignore your willful disrespect and refusal to accept his counsel?

Instead of embracing disgusting demonic and Satanic pagan practices as your own, God says:

(2 Corinthians 6:17) . . .‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take YOU in.’. . .

that kind of attitude is exactly why I'm not a Christian. Lighten up and learn to have fun.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Every Christian 'Holiday" there is always a thread/post that's meant to educated the supposedly uninformed of it's 'True' nature

Meh...

I love seeing the smiling faces of the Children.

As long as those children aren't taught simultaneously that they are hopeless losers bound for hell the other 364 days of the year - or Easter isn't held up as "proof" that they are hopeless losers bound for hell. Bunch of sorry no-hopers.

And yes, every holiday these posts/threads come up - which means that year by year, just a few more people become aware of the reality behind their ideology. Slowly but surely, progress is made.

*rummages in basket* Solid chocolate bunny? Cadbury egg?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Thought this was kind of well known...

Christmas celebrates the birth of Jesus. Easter celebrates the Resurrection...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Infinitis

Christmas celebrates the birth of Jesus. Easter celebrates the Resurrection...

...now. And neither of those "events" about Jesus is proven. Fact.

Before 'Christianity', those festivals were about the shifting of the seasons. (Which are factual). The Church just attached their mythology to those already-existing festivals to assuage the angst of the pagans who rejected their ideas. Or should I say 'forced' the new 'explanations' of the festival origin on everyone.

That people are just now knowing that blows my mind.
I thought it was common knowledge.

Well, now they know. (Obviously you already knew this).

edit on 4/20/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
BABYBULL24

It should play out as an excuse to be with other people. When we make others happy, you can't help to feel the same.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Christianity is a new and improved version of paganism just like the Roman pantheon and mythos were a new and improved version of the Greek pantheon and mythos.

All religions share the same origins, that of the Sumerians and Babylon. Christianity is just a veiled form of paganism as are its holidays.

Happy Easter everyone!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Celebrating life is never a bad idea. A happy Easter to you too!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Why does it even matter? Today is a day to celebrate the renewal and appreciation of life in all its forms and guises. Lets just be happy with that, eh?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Why does it even matter? Today is a day to celebrate the renewal and appreciation of life in all its forms and guises. Lets just be happy with that, eh?

Of course!

I celebrate renewal and life every day....today is a beautiful one.

It doesn't matter....except that there are too many children being taught lies.

I'm happy.
Jelly bean?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BABYBULL24

I'm against the use of the Ishtar derivative to label the day.

However, RESURRECTION SUNDAY and the historic facts of HIS Resurrection are well founded.

And, as St Paul articulated . . . the Resurrection gives all who believe on HIM

HOPE.

Without the Resurrection, there is no hope for anyone.

Thankfully, more than 500 saw HIM alive and eating with His troops after HIS Resurrection.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Why? It's real.
The 'derivative' is the 'resurrection'. Not the other way around.
Ishtar
Ostara
Estrus
Easter

all the same. Fertility rites of spring.
Being against it doesn't change it.

Oh well....
don't feel like arguing.... it's pointless.

Jelly bean for you?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

If anything, today is a good day because it reminds me that I have hope in myself and the humanity of those I share company with. I give power over my happiness to none but myself, and that gives me hope. Easter, for me, is about family, and I'm perfectly happy with that.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I feel bad for the kids in some homes. Life is too short to critique every movie for it's errors, every holiday for it's deepest origins and every child's highlight of the year because we're adults and it's easy to tear up what so many of us enjoyed as kids....or perhaps some didn't, and that's more the problem?

I dunno...but I'm Pagan. Wiccan to be precise, with a healthy respect for as well as good relations with the Christian majority in my community. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive, by any means, though they are hardly compatible to mix and match, either.

Still.... Easter, Halloween and even Christmas are Children's holidays. I learned to love them as a kid..then I learned to think absolutely nothing of them for a good part of life because it's required to maintain sanity as a trucker who works with no care given whatever to what holiday may be passing.

Personally, I don't take the opportunity to enjoy the Holidays for granted now, no matter how much I may or may not care for whatever is deep and far behind each one for original purpose. Life is just too short to take the few good things and make then into something bad, too. Just my thoughts...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Why? It's real.
The 'derivative' is the 'resurrection'. Not the other way around.
Ishtar
Ostara
Estrus
Easter

all the same. Fertility rites of spring.
Being against it doesn't change it.

Oh well....
don't feel like arguing.... it's pointless.

Jelly bean for you?

I see you just dismissed the rest of his post to look cute. Way to cherry pick. Of course debates are founded on such trticks and spin. You left out a opinion on the 500 witnesses to jesus's resurrection. Care to explain that one i fit is all not proven? There is evidence of jesus birth. The wise men though were not sent out by harrod to give gifts to jesus though. they were sent out to find him and report back to harrod so he could kill baby jesus. The wise men betrayed harrod instead.
Of course any christian with any sense knows you do not worship a bunny or a jolly old elf. And correct me if i am wrong but alot of what i s posted was OT stuff correct? which makes in almost null for NT christians.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

FAMILY IS CERTAINLY a PRIORITY

and one the oligarchy has been working to shred for decades.

I hope you have the best of family intimacy this day and many others.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Give me a break! If Jesus was seen by 500 people, which is only hearsay, if he was walking around, eating and touching and being touched and talking, and such, then he didn't die. He survived. Occam's Razor!

Jesus, if he even existed, was born, as all humans are born. No one could be a witness as to whether his mother was really a virgin or not. There's no proof that Jesus was born from a virgin.

Take away those two myths, and Jesus was just a man.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Thank you! And you as well.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Pagan spring festivals slowly transformed in the Christian resurrection festival right about the time that the Romans attempted to convert the pagans to Christianity.

The original spring festivals were held in honor of a number of deities depending on what culture you study, but the real underlying theme of the celebration was not so much a deity, but a natural shift in the seasons: the ending of winter, and the return of spring. As the days began to grow longer, the pagans hypothesized that the sun had conquered the power of darkness/evening, and that the cold, barren period of the Earth was at an end, so they celebrated the return of the sun, and the soon-to-come harvest season. There's nothing Satanic or diabolic about that, it's just pastoral and agricultural folks celebrating the seasonal changes that allowed them to feed their villages.

As for the idea of a "shifting pagan calendar", well, the truth couldn't be further from that. Easter is celebrated on the first Paschal full-moon of the new year. A Paschal full-moon is the first lunar full-moon that occurs after Passover. It is not an astronomical event, by a theological one centered around clues left in the Bible. Since the Last Supper is believed to have been held on Passover (as Jesus and all the Apostles were still Jews at the time), the first Paschal full-moon of the year falls roughly 14 days after Passover. The original Christian council that set the date felt that it would be pertinent to always celebrate Jesus' death and resurrection after Passover, as the Bible records the event. It is for this reason, and not something pagan, that Easter is a moveable feast.

As for the idea of rabbits and eggs, yes, that is a carryover from Celtic paganism, where the rabbit symbolized the fertility of the field. There's an old saying, which apparently I can't even link to, since the autocorrect on ATS removes a word from the link, that can help illuminate the idea for you. Rabbits are fertile creatures, and spring festivals were meant to honor the fertility of the Earth. The phrase is basically "screw like rabbits".

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 20/4/14 by Wandering Scribe because: had to edit out a link, since ATS auto-corrected it

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I love these posts....

It seems every year you all "rediscover" where Easter came from, and in a smug way, pat each other on the back for a job well done and being so much smarter than those religious sheeple....lol

To suggest that the Easter Bunny and eggs are Easter is to suggest that Christmas is only about Santa. Both have basically nothing to do with the religious aspect of each holiday. This is not to say that both are not connected, but just not in a religious way. Many of the religious holidays were lined up with the older pagan calendar to make it easier for pagans to be converted, a day had to be picked, so the Sunday after the full moon following the March Equinox is as good as any.

So even though kids have fun with eggs and candy etc none of this is a part of the actual mass of what Easter is all about, but I guess that will never stop those who connect the Easter Bunny with Ostara the fertility goddess to what seems like every year to support their lack of faith.

edit on 20-4-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join