It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS targets Ron Paul's nonprofit by demanding donor lists. Ron Paul will NOT comply.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

The IRS continues to target non-profit AND political groups, this time they have set their sights on Ron Paul's Campaign For Liberty, which consistently targets the IRS and Federal Reserve through legislation based activism. No wonder the IRS wants to know who is interesting in donating to anti-TAX/IRS initiatives. After all, Ron Paul is the undisputed champion of Abolishing the FED and IRS. After all of that and the fact that Ron Paul led the passing of legislation for thorough Audit of the Federal Reserve, it all makes sense, doesn't it...?

Now my question is, is the IRS a weapon? If so, who yields this weapon? Thoughts?

washingtonexaminer.com...

Ron Paul's nonprofit Campaign for Liberty will fight the Internal Revenue Service's demand that it reveal its donor list to the agency, despite having already been fined for refusing to do so.

"There is no legitimate reason for the IRS to know who donates to Campaign for Liberty," Megan Stiles, the communications director at Campaign for Liberty, told the Washington Examiner in an email on Tuesday. "We believe the First Amendment is on our side as evidenced by cases such as NAACP v. Alabama and International Union UAW v. National Right to Work. Many 501(c)(4) organizations protect the privacy of their donors in the very same way as Campaign for Liberty. For some reason the IRS has now chosen to single out Campaign for Liberty for special attention. We plan to fight this all the way."

"Paying this outrageous extortionist fine — just to exercise our rights as American citizens to petition our government — may even be cheaper in the short run," he wrote. "But it’ll just embolden an alphabet soup of other federal agencies to come after us." Paul's email said that the rule requiring that 501(c)(4)s list their donors is "rarely enforced."

edit on 15-4-2014 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
End the fed!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ron just never gives up does he?

One of the last true Patriots IMO.

Peace

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Now my question is, is the IRS a weapon? If so, who yields this weapon? Thoughts?

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is bureau of the Department of the Treasury. The Department of the Treasury is part of the executive branch the United States federal government.

Which means that the IRS is under the direction of Barack Obama.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Metallicus

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is bureau of the Department of the Treasury. The Department of the Treasury is part of the executive branch the United States federal government.

Well, his administration claims that he did not communicate with the IRS head on this matter even though they had visits to the white house MANY times.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

eLPresidente

Metallicus

Well, his administration claims that he did not communicate with the IRS head on this matter even though they had visits to the white house MANY times.

Well, he is the President. I am sure he is telling the truth.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

eLPresidente
The IRS continues to target non-profit AND political groups, this time they have set their sights on Ron Paul's Campaign For Liberty, which consistently targets the IRS and Federal Reserve through legislation based activism. No wonder the IRS wants to know who is interesting in donating to anti-TAX/IRS initiatives. After all, Ron Paul is the undisputed champion of Abolishing the FED and IRS. After all of that and the fact that Ron Paul led the passing of legislation for thorough Audit of the Federal Reserve, it all makes sense, doesn't it...?

The FED wields the weapon known as the IRS.

Since I know more about the Canadian system which is virtually identical, I'll use it. The Bank of Canada is an NGO (non-government organization) owned by shareholder banks which are in turn owned by the IMF. The BOC is a private corporation and not a part of treasury, finance or the government of Canada. In Canada our BOC governors (managers of currency policy and loans to the Canadian government) are supposedly selected by the government of Canada, which the government states, but it is a half truth. I expect the "managers" at the FED are selected in a similar manner. In Canada, when a BOC governor needs to be replaced or added, the minister of finance receives a list of potential candidates from the IMF. This list generally contains international bankers from corrupt institutions such as Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan and Chase. The minister of finance may only select a replacement from the list provided by the IMF to insure that control of the currency is always managed by the IMF and their puppets.

In Canada we have the CRA rather than the IRS. The CRA or Canada Revenue Agency is an NGO like the BOC and is actually a subdivision of the BOC, or a wholly owned and operated subsidiary (therefore private IMF corporation), with legislated powers by the government. The CRA in actual fact, is a collection agency and have been provided their authority under colour of law. When a problem occurs with the CRA, the recourse is through the BOC, NOT THE GOVERNMENT. Tax courts, which operate as a subsidiary as well are in a very specific conflict of interest to both real law and intent of law as they are mandated to produce a profit (fines and findings that benefit the CRA cum IMF) and therefore cannot be independent or objective. It does not help that they are paid by the government and/or the BOC/CRA/IMF.

So probably, you can just change BOC to FED and CRA to IRS and it more than likely works the same way. It's a totally corrupt system that favours the corrupt.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Propagandize much? A 5 paragraph article and you quote only the first four? Here's the rest of the article:

Stiles accused the IRS of trying to silence her organization. "The IRS technically requires donor information from 501(c)(4) organizations and is forbidden by law from releasing it to the public, yet despite this they have 'mistakenly' released the information repeatedly over the years," she wrote. "Often these leaks have been made to political opponents of the conservative groups whose information was leaked. Leaking the donor information is intended to harass and to intimidate those donors from donating to political causes. Campaign for Liberty has refused to provide donor information to the IRS to protect the privacy of our members. Now the IRS has demanded the information and fined Campaign for Liberty for protecting its members’ privacy."

So Stiles begrudgingly admits that the IRS requires the information and is forbidden, by the same laws that authorize them to require the lists, not to release the information. So they're not picking on Ron Paul's group, they require this information from everyone? Ms. Stiles also states that there have been repeated leaks but doesn't take the time to cite even one.

I'm no fan of the IRS. Personally, I think we should burn the voluminous books of tax code and replace them with something simple like the Fair Tax, save billions on tax preparation and scale down the IRS to something like a pre-16th amendment size. Do I believe the IRS coordinates with the administration to harass conservative groups? I suppose at some level it could be possible, but it seems unlikely. Everyone knows that Shulman was appointed by Bush and he was the chief from 2008 until his resignation in 2012.

Here's a bigger question. Why aren't you more concerned with the fact that wealthy corporations and individuals funnel money through non-profits to corrupt our political system and inundate us with propaganda? That since Citizen's United, the "will of the people" is being manufactured, augmented and when all else fails, simply supplanted by organizations primarily funded by the wealthiest few and in many cases, foreigners? This isn't everyday Americans "donating" to a cause, this is those with the means to do so, buying a service.

The icing on the cake is that this woman even made sure to use the word "embolden," the current favorite of conservative brainwashers.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I starred your post because it is informative but the IRS is not an NGO nor is it in any way under the control of the Fed.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
He is so right - we need a strong congress to reign in the executive branch and taxes are a way to steal our money. So why can't he get elected?

I think all citizens should pay taxes - for community works and staff. Very little more than that though. Its gotten ridiculous.

I was thinking about it today. They make things so confusing that we the regular people don't know what we are paying for. So you earned X amount and "they" give some credits for breathing, at minimum. Then it's like, 'let's make sure you give us details about everything you spend your money on by taxing you more if you don't tell us.' And to make it even more interesting, if you truly have nothing to deduct they still take it.

My own taxes were so complicated I mailed off extensions. The post office mailboxes were overflowing. We're keeping a lot of people employed with this system. It just keeps growing and growing. Heads are down - looking at what is in front of them only - what about this or that cause, bill, them personally, etc. No one is making anyone stand back and pay attention. Few notice or care. The proof is in how many don't actually vote people in who will provide a period of respite from the continued growth.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Ron Paul list of donors:
1. Hundreds of American businesses.
2. Thousands of Patriotic American citizens.

Obama's donor list:
1. Saudi Arabia monarchy
2. Muslim Brotherhood
3. Lesbian, Gays

How can the new IRS director not be aware of massive illegality in Obama's campaign filings?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

theantediluvian

I starred your post because it is informative but the IRS is not an NGO nor is it in any way under the control of the Fed.

Are you absolutely sure they are not an NGO? A corporation that provides what appears to be government functions and yet ultimately controlled by a non-government entity? It really doesn't matter much however, their status, they are still the lowest of the low, they are a collection agency for criminals.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Granite

Ron Paul list of donors:

Obama's donor list:
1. Saudi Arabia monarchy
2. Muslim Brotherhood
3. Lesbian, Gays

How can the new IRS director not be aware of massive illegality in Obama's campaign filings?

Can you back up anything you've just said? Adding "patriotic" and "patriot" to everything conservative doesn't make it more patriotic, it's just some bizarre BS that conservatives, who think they have cornered the market on patriotism, do to feel special. The fact that you've included "Lesbian, Gays" in your list pretty much invalidates anything else you have to say.

Here's a list of people who have donated to Ron Paul in the past that I can think of off the top of my head:

1. Peter Thiel is known to be his biggest financial supporter, kind of like of his Sheldon Adelson, co-founder of PayPal, first outside investor in Facebook and.... largest investor in Palantir, a huge data mining outfit whose biggest customers are the CIA and DoD. But I bet you knew that already, right?
2. Don Black, founder of Stormfront, everyone's favorite neo-nazi website.
3. Virginia Abernethy, member and former VP candidate of A3P, a white supremacist political party

I could go on about Ron Paul's links to white supremacy groups, but I'm sure it's been beaten to death in other threads since it's been pretty well established for a couple years now. I think the fact that Peter Thiel has been his biggest donor, time after time, to various campaigns and organizations, should be enough to make you question how much of a radical anti-establishment figure Ron Paul really is.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The IRS is a weapon and has been used by nearly every president; left, right, democrat or republican....given the amount of information and that it is the consolidation point for every citizen, business or organization in this country; it is bound to continue to be utilized as a weapon -- just the varying degree in its application varies.

The mere fact that our Government proclaims there is a separation of Church and State; yet demands under threat of penalty for the Church to obtain "tax-exempt" should raise eyebrows. Or that the People must seek exempt status to speak about an election if we are associated in a group that wants to raise awareness on a scale above a whisper.

So yes, it is a weapon for those in power.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Granite

Ron Paul list of donors:

You missed:
Google -- 42,000
Boeing -- 30,000
Microsoft -- 30,000

That are numbers for the 2012 election cycle -- not saying that the man isn't corrupted, but trying to paint him as some savior of politics doesn't help when you exclude where his contributions are arriving from.

Obama's donor list:
1. Saudi Arabia monarchy
2. Muslim Brotherhood
3. Lesbian, Gays

Bah...come on. I despise the politics of the man. I don't think it is the right direction but you are just spewing nonsense.

So what if his money came from "lesbian, gays" and can you confirm or supply evidence that his donor's are number 1 and 2?

Probably not, as you are just perpetuating nonsense. Stick to the issues -- or rather, stick to what can be confirmed.

What should be questioned is...the University of California -- the same system in which a former head of the Homeland Security took a plush job -- gave 1.2 million dollars. Either students are flush with money or faculty is.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

theantediluvian

Granite

Ron Paul list of donors:

Obama's donor list:
1. Saudi Arabia monarchy
2. Muslim Brotherhood
3. Lesbian, Gays

Can you back up anything you've just said? Adding "patriotic" and "patriot" to everything conservative doesn't make it more patriotic, it's just some bizarre BS that conservatives, who think they have cornered the market on patriotism, do to feel special. The fact that you've included "Lesbian, Gays" in your list pretty much invalidates anything else you have to say.

Here's a list of people who have donated to Ron Paul in the past that I can think of off the top of my head:

1. Peter Thiel is known to be his biggest financial supporter, kind of like of his Sheldon Adelson, co-founder of PayPal, first outside investor in Facebook and.... largest investor in Palantir, a huge data mining outfit whose biggest customers are the CIA and DoD. But I bet you knew that already, right?
2. Don Black, founder of Stormfront, everyone's favorite neo-nazi website.
3. Virginia Abernethy, member and former VP candidate of A3P, a white supremacist political party

I could go on about Ron Paul's links to white supremacy groups, but I'm sure it's been beaten to death in other threads since it's been pretty well established for a couple years now. I think the fact that Peter Thiel has been his biggest donor, time after time, to various campaigns and organizations, should be enough to make you question how much of a radical anti-establishment figure Ron Paul really is.

lol, let's stop with the white supremacy thing. Ron Paul advocates a "leave me a alone, and I'll leave you alone policy" so it is obvious groups that wish to be left alone (ie prostitutes, marijuana users, and yes even white supremacists and *GASP* online poker players) support Ron Paul. No there aren't any "established" links to white supremacy groups for a couple of years now, bring up your proof and I will gladly spend my time to help you better be informed of the facts.

And yes, Peter Thiel is a well known gay libertarian, gays and libertarians are another group of people that wish to be left alone to be free Americans. Libertarians are fiscally conservative and socially liberal, you'd think a sillicon valley business owner would be fiscally conservative and socially...oh...right. To assume that Peter Thiel donates to Ron Paul to somehow benefit from data mining for the CIA and DoD is rather ludicrous as Ron Paul believes in the smallest form of government intervention and has almost no room in his policy positions for any data mining (especially unconstitutional) on behalf of the federal government.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

theantediluvian

The IRS is actually the accounting arm of the FED, the IRS and FED were both legislated into existence in 1913. Most of us know about the history of the FED and how it was the child of wealthy American and Foreign bankers.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I was under the impression they did not have to turn over a donor list if its a non profit.

As a matter of fact I am almost positive the IRS got smacked down for doing this exact thing during the last election.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Xcathdra

I was under the impression they did not have to turn over a donor list if its a non profit.

As a matter of fact I am almost positive the IRS got smacked down for doing this exact thing during the last election.

The IRS is another one of those "too big to fail" or "too big to control" entities, they seem to be doing whatever they want, whenever they want-and these are the power in charge of taking money from Americas. There also appears to be no authoritative figure giving it direction of doing otherwise. Paging President Obama....

www.campaignforliberty.org...

Recently, the IRS levied a fine (plus interest for each day it’s not paid) against Campaign for Liberty for withholding the names of our donors from the IRS on our annual 990 filing.

As a matter of principle, C4L believes it is vital to protect the privacy of our donors to prevent some form of retribution if the donor list should happen to “leak” out of the IRS.

As Megan Stiles told the Washington Examiner,

“There is no legitimate reason for the IRS to know who donates to Campaign for Liberty.”

“The IRS technically requires donor information from 501(c)(4) organizations and is forbidden by law from releasing it to the public, yet despite this they have ‘mistakenly’ released the information repeatedly over the years,” she wrote. “Often these leaks have been made to political opponents of the conservative groups whose information was leaked. Leaking the donor information is intended to harass and to intimidate those donors from donating to political causes. Campaign for Liberty has refused to provide donor information to the IRS to protect the privacy of our members. Now the IRS has demanded the information and fined Campaign for Liberty for protecting its members’ privacy.”

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Don't mess with Ron Paul.

Just sayin'.

edit on 16-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

top topics

<<   2 >>

join